Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

1992 BONNEVILLE WITH OVER 518,000 MILES all original motor and trans

doll66doll66 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Pontiac
I HAVE A 1992 PONTIAC BONNEVILLE WITH OVER 518,000. miles and it is all original that is, the motor and transmission is anyhow.CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF THERE IS SOMEONE THAT I COULD GET IN TOUCH WITH AT PONTIAC who might want to purchase this car from me or perhaps give me a new pontiac? i mean i do beleive that these kind of miles are virtually unheard of in an american made car especially so they should do as some auto makers in the past and be proud of this car enough to put it on show and perhaps give me a new car. i am a single mom and this would be the best thing that could ever happened to me if they would as i will never be able to afford a new car otherwise. My dad bought this car new in 1992 from a dealship in ga that is no longer open. Its ragged out but I would get into it and drive to cal from ga without worry at all. i got the car from my dad when it had 360,000 on it and i have done nothing but changed the oil and put wires on it.... SURE WOULD BE NICE IF SOMEONE COULD GIVE ME
the name of a persoon who might take this car and make a commercial or something and possibly give me a new car? i beleive the transmission will probably go out any day because when i put it in gear i have to wait before it will start moving. ANYHOW IF ANYONE HAS AN IDEA OR A CONNECTION TO SOMEONE AT PONTIAC PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!! I AM VERY PROUD OF IT AND WOULD HATE TO EVEN LET PONTIAC HAVE IT BACK HOWEVER I COULD USE A NEW CAR AND ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME. TAHNKS DOLL66

Comments

• Options
    62vetteefp62vetteefp Member Posts: 6,043
    Sorry, it looks like Pontiac is not interested in purchasing your Bonneville. Are you interested in a discount on a new car?
  • Options
    tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    Kelly Blue Book says that a Bonneville SSE with 518,000 miles in good condition is worth $1,155 to a private seller. Expect an offer of slightly less than that from a dealer trade-in. KBB says $625 for a trade-in value.

I don't think you'll attract any special attention from Pontiac unless it has over one million miles and still the original engine and trans.
  • Options
    rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    Agree 518K is alot of miles but nothing really that special. I know people with 500K plus on their Northstar's.
    Put another 482K on her and then GM, might get interested. ;)

-Rocky
  • Options
    cooterbfdcooterbfd Member Posts: 2,770
    Try posting something here:

http://fyi.gmblogs.com/

Can't hurt.

PS.
    Don't tell import fanboy about this,as they won't believe it anyway. :P
This discussion has been closed.