Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2001 - 2006 Honda CR-Vs

Comments

• protege_fanprotege_fan Posts: 2,405
    I meant the hinges mucky..sorry :(
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Use a spray lithium grease, that ought to do the trick.

-juice
  • iluvhondasiluvhondas Posts: 2
    Yeah, come to think of it, I hear the same thing on my 2002 V. I chalked it up to the suspension. I can hear it on certain bumps on my commute to work. Definitely on the right front.
  • elisthornelisthorn Posts: 15
    First of all, thanks to all who helped me with this problem. Had into shop 5/22. They said they had TSB# (02-17 for freebar--but I never saw full description for repair), and knew what to do. I THINK seat is fixed. Have started off slowly, quickly, etc. and seems good, but every now and then I THINK it rocks ever so slightly. I'll stay vigilant! I love the EX, but honestly have never had any problems like these with a new car. Thanks for all your help! Elisa
  • elisthornelisthorn Posts: 15
    My VIN was OUT of the "trouble zone"! Elisa
  • nohornnohorn Posts: 5
    I just starting reading about this problem and want to add that my 2002 CR-V LX appears to have the same problem. I'm always checking the fwd/bwd slide latch to make sure it's properly locked (and it always seems OK) whenever I sense the seat movement. Guess I'll have to make another trip to the dealer to have them check this out.
  • muckyduckmuckyduck Posts: 219
    Every once in a while, I've thought mine rocks slightly too, but I believe it is more the back than the entire seat structure. My vin should be outside the problem zone.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I don't recall (pardon the pun) this being discussed here yet, but AN wrote that 1.3 million Hondas and Acuras are being recalled, including 1997-2000 CR-Vs.

Just a heads up to keep an eye out in your mail boxes.

-juice
  • fasteddie9fasteddie9 Posts: 63
    ditto with muckyduck. i notice that if you adjust the seat height a little it can go away. The seat is still covered for the duration of the warranty.
  • nsakinsaki Posts: 2
    I am a big Honda fan and have been looking at the CRV for a while. I know Honda wants to keep things simple but why do they only have two interior colors, saddle and black. Black is a terrible interior choice as it makes for a boiling hot interior, esp, down here in the south (Atlanta). I use to have a silver civic (81) with a burgundy interior --- I loved that combination. They are extemely good at building the cars at Honda, but they need better color coordination. What say the rest of you folks?
  • kw_carmankw_carman Posts: 114
    I have been thinking the same thing about the interior colors available. Black cloth (or leather) makes me burn up just sitting here. Imagine it in a black car! Ouch!

The saddle in the CR-V doesn't look bad, but maybe an interior color such as gray would be nice.
  • muckyduckmuckyduck Posts: 219
    I have the silver EX with the black interior. So far, I have not found it to be that hot (Houston) but it sure shows cigarette ash (naugthy me smokin' in my car). But I could not take the saddle color.
    I totally agree Honda needs to hire some better interior designers. They have the building part down pretty good - now to improve on some comfort features!
  • scnamescname Posts: 296
    Have driven black cloth interior cars for 12 years, now own a silver EX. They don't get any hottor than other colors as long as it isn't vinyl. My old corolla with black cloth/velour never gets hot even with no tinted window. Now those vinyl trim ..... ?
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    It's funny how expectations change. Many of the first gen owners (who got to choose between grey or grey) wanted a beige option. A few reviewers remarked that the grey interior was too drab and could be spiced up with either lighter or darker accents.

Honda pretty much answered both those original concerns and we still aren't happy! =)
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,633
    If you "refresh" without going elsewhere in Town Hall first, your message will get reposted. Something about the way our software works....

Steve
    Host
    SUVs, Vans and Aftermarket & Accessories Message Boards

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• carm3carm3 Posts: 10
    its been 7 weeks and no they did not have a ship date and vin num. am i being jerked around, i feel like going to a liberty or escape with no wait.
  • crv139crv139 Posts: 41
    the dealer should have an approximate date when the car will be in like what month.. approximately 3-4 weeks prior the should have the ship date and vin. go ask your dealer when they expect it to come in. if they can not give you a time frame then check out another dealer. All the dealers in the buffalo NY area, can tell you what colors, type and month they will come in.
  • brian8588brian8588 Posts: 2
    when is honda going to release the crvs that are in the port of baltimore? i ordered my crv in the middle of april from a baltimore honda dealer. why is honda inspecting them before they are released?
  • bajie1bajie1 Posts: 6
    Hi, All,
    Why does my 2002 CRV(Auto, LX) make very loud and strange noise between speed 56-59 mph? Any one
    experience the same problem? Thanks in advance.

Wei
  • sluglineslugline Posts: 391
    Re ateixeira May 31, 2002 11:36am :

All I had to do was log into ahm-ownerlink.com (I'm already registered) to find out that my 2000 CR-V was not a part of the recall. . . .
  • jmurman42jmurman42 Posts: 675
    Honda is releasing them now. They are undergoing an inspection to ensure that they are up to Honda's standards.

Jerry
  • sophie333sophie333 Posts: 4
    Hello all,

At the risk of sounding like a repetitious idiot, I wrote in a couple days ago but got no response. I just paid 13,900 for a 99/EX (certified), 58,000 miles, w/aftermarket sunroof. I was a little put off by the mileage, but everyone kept assuring me not to worry about that. The vehicle appears to be in very good shape. A lot of you seem very knowledgeable, so I'd like to know if you think I got a decent deal or not. Thanks!
  • subzero206subzero206 Posts: 111
    i cant think off the top of my head but u should check kelly blue book.
  • theracoontheracoon Posts: 666
    Edmunds.com values a '99 EX automatic with 58,000 miles in "outstanding" condition in my area of the US (Western NY) as worth $13,318 from a private party, $14,934 from a dealer, or $15,584 if its a Certified Used Vehicle. Edmunds defines Certified Used Vehicle: "Vehicle has been inspected, reconditioned and warrantied as part of a manufacturer or authorized reseller program".

Sounds like you got a good deal, if you add in the value of the sunroof.

JM2C
  • sophie333sophie333 Posts: 4
    Oops....I forgot to add that it's a five-speed. Yes, I know what Edmunds has to say, but I thought you all might have some more "real world" perspective. Also, anybody else experiencing trouble with the keyless entry door locks? I've already had it in to be fixed for this and the part was on back order. I figured it must be a bit of a common problem.
  • varmintvarmint Posts: 6,326
    Sophie, I responded in the other thread where you posted this. I wouldn't worry about the mileage. My '99 (also a five speed) has been a joy. I've got more than 60K on it.
  • robmarchrobmarch Posts: 482
    I waited a long time too, and I know how frustrating it gets. It was definitely worth the wait for me, though. I would encourage you to wait for the car that you really love, rather than settle for one you can get immediately, if your current vehicle is safe and reliable. If you really can't wait, try looking for a different color or option package that is available on a lot somewhere, or spend the extra $ to make your current car run for another month or 2.

I ended up having to buy tires for a car I traded in on the CRV 2 months before we traded because I didn't feel confident in the tires that were on there. Bad timing, but the CRV was the ideal car for my situation, so I was willing to wait for it.

good luck!
  • carm3carm3 Posts: 10
    were in europe, will it have the same quality and if they are being inspected now any guess if my ex is there and when i will get it. ordered on
    4-8-02 , dealer is in north east pa.
    thanks
  • sriley6544sriley6544 Posts: 12
    Just closed a deal yesterday on a CRV (EX w/5 speed manual transmission). Dealer essentially split the difference between invoice and MSRP - I ended up paying exactly $800 over invoice. Felt pretty good about the price given that it was below Edmund's TMV and also since all the other local dealers weren't coming off MSRP. Seems like all the dealers here are selling any CRV's that make it on to the lot in less than 24 hours.

I'm waiting for Silver - had the same experience as other posts - dealer says it might be as long as 3-4 months before I get my car. I'm hoping maybe the shipment in Baltimore being released will make my wait shorter than anticipated.

I was thinking about holding off on my purchase until the time the 2003 model was to come out, but now I'm glad I didn't given the long wait for the Silver color.
  • psulionpsulion Posts: 1
    This is my first post but I have been reading this board for a few months now. I'm looking to buy a 2002 CR-V and have checked with Sussman Honda and J.L. Freed Honda. Both dealers are selling at MSRP. We have bought 2 Hondas from Sussman since '99 and they still will not cut us a break on price. Does anyone know of a Honda dealer in the Philly area that is selling less than sticker?