Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jaguar XJ-Series Brake Issues

pp1pp1 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2014 in Jaguar
Does anyone else have this annoying problem?

Comments

• pp1pp1 Member Posts: 4
    Again, after only 18K miles and still plenty of wear, my front brakes are squueking like crazy. JAG replaced before but is resisitng now even though the dealer admits it's a problem - they now use an aftermarket product to avoid this problem but for me, he says it's too late. Anyone else going through this????
  • tworkdatworkda Member Posts: 7
    Brake fluid is full but I’m still receiving a message indicating that I’m low on brake fluid. Also receiving the same message for radiator fluid.
  • djagmandjagman Member Posts: 5
    IS THE CAR A JAG?WHAT YEAR WHAT MODEL WHAT ENGINE.ABS OR NO.USA OR NOT?CAN YOU OPEN THE HOOD?
  • tworkdatworkda Member Posts: 7
    2001 XJ8 4.3 with the words (Jaguar)
  • alpaca3alpaca3 Member Posts: 1
    I am purchasing parts for my mechanic to do a brake job on my 2004 XJ VDP. What parts do I purchase and what brands are the best to purchase. Thanks for any information.
  • ianh4ianh4 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Anyone found a solution to the "ASC Not Available" and "TRAC Not Available" messages? The ABS light also comes on. It's an intermittent fault. When the warning is on, the brakes still work fine and are smooth. When the car starts (usually after initial running and when warm) the warning does not appear but the ABS activates under any level of braking.
    Cheers, Ian H
  • allojohnallojohn Member Posts: 6
    see messages #2741 & 2746 in XJ-series forum.
  • ausiejagausiejag Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I am experiencing the same error message , but all systems seem to be working OK. Is this aneasy fix? What did you do?
  • allojohnallojohn Member Posts: 6
    I fixed my problem by removing and sending the ABS unit to BBA remanufacturing in Taunton, MA. Getting the unit out is a bit tricky, it's very tight in there. It cost about $150 and I have had no problem since. There is a known fault with the unit and these guys fix loads for all sorts of different cars. I found them on ebay would you believe. Check them out at www.bba-reman.com or call (866) 573-2740
This discussion has been closed.