Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Edge SYNC Bluetooth SiriusXM Audio Questions

124»

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,902
    If you focused on telematics (Sync, OnStar, etc) or ignored it completely in your 2011 car-shopping experience, email pr@edmunds.com by Monday, October 17, 2011 and include your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sischgsischg Posts: 1
    For all Ford owners such as myself who have been frustrated by countless issues related to MyTouch Sync, Ford claims that they will be sending out another software update that will address all of the current software glitches. Not sure about others but I have had the MyTouch software updated at least a half dozen times in the first year of owning my Edge and have not had any real improvements with reliability. In trying to work with a rep from Ford, I was told the MyTouch system was a luxury that when it was not working it did not prevent me from getting from Point A to Point B so they were not interested in any type of resolution.
    So I guess the message from Ford is, " as long as your Ford gets you from Point A to Point B, nothing else matters."
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,724
    They're calling it an "update" but it's really a rewrite. The original developers screwed up so Ford brought in Microsoft to help with the rewrite. They're also performing beta testing as we type with employees. Current owners will get the update on a usb flash drive in the mail when it's ready later this month or early February. They know they screwed up and I don't believe they'll let that happen again. Also - it wasn't a case of poor testing - they knew it was flawed - but it was required for the new Edge and Explorer so they would have had to delay the new models indefinitely and that just wasn't a good option either, so they gambled they could get it stabilized within a month or two. Unfortunately it was way more difficult and they ended up rewriting it.
  • realtor4realtor4 Posts: 10
    I have a 2011 Limited Edge, since the update 5-2012 it's worse than before. When leaving a parking garage it says I'm on a different road than I am on. So the Nav system is worthless. I had to pull into a parking lot and turn the car off and wait 1/2 a minute and restart the car for the nav. to work some what, but it hasn't worked right since the parking garage.
  • sjohnson11sjohnson11 Posts: 37
    That's unfortunate. Our update has been awesome, have you contacted your dealer yet?
    Sounds like a hardware problem. Have it checked.
  • Bought a 2012 Edge May 18, 2012, which has 4k miles on it now. Two months ago the my touch screen blanked out and rebooted itself. A few days thereafeter, the same anomaly occurred, but has not occurred since. Also, the doppler radar will not display on the weather map. It went out in June and a master reset from Sirius seemed to fix it. It went out again 6 weeks ago and I gave up until today. Today's master reset from Sirius did not fix it and the tech said to take it to the dealer and have a new satellite module installed. Car has never been to the dealer yet. After reading the forums, I'm gun shy to take it to the dealer, for fear they'll really screw it up. Everyting else is curently working fine. I would assume the dealer loaded the latest My Touch S/W build before I bought it, but maybe not, since my unit crashed like others were doing in Jan 2012, that the S/W change was released to fix the issue. Any suggestions? Leave it alone or let them try & fix it? I'm probably not going to continue with Sirius when the plan expires anyway.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,297
    "Ford is extending the warranty and offering another upgrade that enhances the voice-recognition and navigation technology on its much-criticized MyFord Touch infotainment system, Mark Fields, soon to be the automaker's chief operating officer, told reporters Wednesday at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

The warranty on the MyFord Touch system will now last for five years, up from three years. MyLincoln Touch will carry a six-year warranty, said Ford spokesman Alan Hall."

Ford to extend warranty, update software for MyFord Touch (Detroit Free Press)

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• On the SEL, the Voice Activated Nav looks to be a $795 option and it doesn't look like a dealer in my area sells a SEL w/o this option.

Reading the details about this option leads me to believe it works best with the Sirius' service which is only free for the first three months and then requires a subscription.

If I choose to not continue the Sirius, from what I gather reading the details, this becomes a very expensive and relatively useless option.

Am I missing something or is it fair to say that is the case?
    Not correct. The $795 nav option is just like traditional navigation - totally self contained with a sd map data card. Operation is not affected by Sirius or Sirius services. You may get a few extra features with Sirius but all the normal Nav features still work without it.
  • craigfordsalescraigfordsales MichiganPosts: 6
    edited February 2013
    Hi Steve - Host,

I have a 2013 Taurus SHO with MFT and I performed the September update sitting in my driveway. looking like a fool (Most updtes from Ford take as much as an hour and you MUST have the car running! I am an IT professional and I can reformat and reboot a full computer in 15 minutes yet this system, which should have had over the air automatic updates from day one, takes an hour! It worked fairly well for a couple of months. Then everything started to develop little ghost issues. Stop at a rest stop, come back to car, take off, volume control does not work. Stop again, now it works and Nav. stopped. So I went to a dealer for the January 2013 "Upgrade" and things have been worse sense. every other day the car says 911 out, call dealer, Nav out, call dealer. Not wanting to waste another day at a Ford dealer I called the 800 number for Ford Customer No Service. After 30 minutes spoke with a nice man who agreed my problem needed to be "Escalated" expect a call the next day. No call, I called again third day, Forth day, I get my "Escalation" call. After the first 30 seconds of "Your call will be recorded, Lawyer, Lawyer" speak I knew I had nothing more then another clerk. Yep, she suggests all I can do is take another day off of work and go back to a Ford dealer (where I know everyone and they are fed up with irate customers too) Ford will not compensate you for lost wages or time. I have 16 months left on this thing (lease) and I will be done with Ford. I live in Detroit, what a shame. Bottom line, they used a cheap Sanyo head end combined with awful software and none of you will ever be free of this mess. Good luck!
124»