Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• smp9smp9 Posts: 8
    Anybody have any luck getting an A5 in San Diego area? What was the price paid?
  • shivanshivan Posts: 30
    I know this is not the S5 lease forum (actually I don't think one exists) but carman can you tell me the MF, Residuals for a 15k, 39 month S5 lease. If AFS has released the May numbers that would be great. One other question, what are the buy rates on MF? and are they different than the rate I would get at an audi dealership, would I have to negotiate them?
    One other thing CarMan, can you tell me if the monthly MF and residuals put out by Audi Financial Services are the buy rates? And if I have this correct the dealers raise the MF from the buy rate to add on profits, therefore it can be negotiated down to the buy rate they got?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the info that you're looking for, shivan. According to the latest information that I have seen, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2008 S5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00276 and 52%, respectively. The buy rate is the lowest possible money factor that a dealership is allowed to charge on a lease of a vehicle. Some dealers will try to mark-up banks' buy rates to add additional, hidden profit to deals, but savvy consumers who know what the buy rates are should be able to get dealers to use them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • jeffman619jeffman619 Posts: 16
    I spoke to all three of the Audi Dealers in San Diego county. They are offering the car at sticker price. Although, escondido dealer said $300 off.

all the quotes i got for a 43K MSRP car with 2K down were in the $775 including tax.

the problem is the selling price more so than the poor money factor. but obviously, that hurts. Hoehn told me probably wont get better for 6 months :(
  • pimpkpimpk Posts: 1
    I just put in an order for the 2009 a5. Don't have any pricing information but it seemed like when I was looking at the 2008 a5 when it first came out, the leases were pretty bad and didn't get much better. I expect the same for the 2009 a5. My dealer made seem like audi has no incentive to give great deals in A5 because the demand will be there but the supply will be limited in the US compared to the A4. I'm not expecting great lease options for the 2009 A5 so I intend on trying to finance it. I guess this is a lease versus buy question but I'd like to hear the forum's opinion on leasing versus buying this car.
  • richzrichz Posts: 135
    Your best bet is to lease through someone other than Audi but the rates are still not great.
  • I live in Los Angeles as well. Can you tell me what dealerships you received the best quotes from? I would especially be interested in the dealer that quoted you in the mid $500's. Please let me know. Thanks.
    There's no way he got a quote for mid $500s. The best you can do is $700+. I really want to lease one of these too, but it is a terrible car to lease right now. I'm probably going to end up leasing a BMW 335xi coupe.
  • lukea3lukea3 Posts: 2
    I wouldn't go with the BMW? Can you hold out until September when the new A4 comes out? I hear it's going tokick the 325 and C-class [non-permissible content removed]. I think you can do a test drive comparison on a track this summer through an audi promotion? I think it's called audi driving experience or something?
  • 53turk53turk Posts: 8
    I test drove the A5, and have to admit that it is way better than 335xi coupe.
    The quote I got was outrageous; 50K car, $5K down 15Kmiles/36Mo $1075/mo.

Is this a joke?

I got a quote from BMW for a 63K 535xi for the same terms, only $2K down $850/mo

Please let me know if I can get better deals in NY/NJ area on the A5
  • rjlaerorjlaero Posts: 659
    dealers can add multiple back end points on the money rate factors.

1075 mo is insane on a 50k A5 w/ 5k out of pocket. Your paying 40k to drive a 50k car for 3 years.

You might as well buy the car and finance it. A5/S5's should hold their value really well with such a limited amount of cars out there.

You can lease a top of the line 58-60k S5 for 1000/1100.mo w/ 5 grand down. A5 should be 700's.
    The residuals on the S5 are higher than on the A5 and pretty much wipes out the price differential.
    I already own an A4 and want a coupe. The 335xi drives better but I am just drawn to the exterior styling of the A5 and , as always, the beautiful interior of the Audi.
    I'ver run several leases on 48-50k range A5's. There's no way that car is over 1000 month with 5k out of pocket. S5 residuals are better, but that payment is way out of line, even at MSRP.

It can also be the end of the year as well. 09's wil be here in a matter of weeks on some dealers lots, so the residuals are getting bad.

But may guess is the money rate factor has been bumped by the dealer. You can easily manipulate 100/150 month on a 50k car with adding multiple points to the money rate factor.
  • jeffman619jeffman619 Posts: 16
    Do you think once the new '09's start showing up there will be some better deals? Any discounting from MSRP? lower money factors or higher residuals? I don't think i can justify paying $200 more a month for the A5 over the IS350 -- even though i'm trying to!
    I don't think 09's will be a better deal. My guess is that Audi will raise prices on both models some.

The lease deals will continue to be average on the A5 / S5. With such a demand and limited production, there's no need for Audi to care about sweet lease deals.

It's usually better to lease a car at the beginning of the model year, rather than the end if it's a popular model.

The A5 will not need year end cash and incentives to get them off the lot as 08's are mostly sold out.
  • 53turk53turk Posts: 8
    well, though the A5 is a very nice looking car with a good performance I will go for the 535xi due to the lease rates.
  • esacksesacks Posts: 1
    I have an A5 hitting the port on July 7th. I have been told by the dealer GM that the current lease program expires on July 3rd and after the 4th Audi will publish the new lease program.

I completely agree that anything over 700 a month for a 49K car is absurd and even that number is stupid. If it comes in at $700 I will take it otherwise I will look at something else with some value.
  • gforce11gforce11 Posts: 225
    as attractive as the styling of the A4 might be, I'd rather be in a G37 because the prices are hundreds less per month.
  • ntlwhslentlwhsle Posts: 19
    Carman,

Do you know the current rates and residuals for the A5 /S5 24 and 36 mo lease.

Thanks!
    Go with the BMW, you will pay much more on a lease for the A5/S5.
  • Anyone know the lease rates on the A5 for July? I heard that they will have new rates after July 3rd.
    The 2009 Audi S5 pricing has been released. Very small increase in base MSRP. Does anyone know if the Audi financial residuals and MFs have been released?
    Here's the information that you're looking for, ntlwhsle. Starting July 8th, Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2008 A5 with 15,000 miles per year are .00279 and 59%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00279 and 51%. The numbers for the S5 are .00279 / 62% for 24 months and .00279 / 54% for 36 months.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi djdiesel34 and shivan. Please see my previous post to get an idea of what Audi's new lease program for the A5 is currently like.

Car_man
    Host
    You already ordered the car and you are still worried about lease rates?
    Thanks for the post on the 2008 models. Do you have any information on Audi's lease program for the 2009 model Audi S5, 15,000 miles, 39 months? I imagine the residuals will be better, the money factor likely the same as the July 2008 rates for the 2008 models.
    You're very welcome, shivan. Audi has not published a lease program for any 2009 models yet.

Car_man
    Host
  • rhino12rhino12 Posts: 3
    I just went to a car dealer in Southern California and they quoted me a lease price of over $1000K/month, using a money factor north of .00333 and a residual value of 41-49%. They were pricing the car at 7500 over MSRP. What gives and when will this come down?
This discussion has been closed.