Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to work up a sample payment on the exact car that you're interested in for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and invoice price. You can find the pricing information for this car over on the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • adikaadika Member Posts: 6
    Hi Everyone,

I've been searchimg for MF and residual value (June ) for Audi A5, 36M and 10K. In addition, I was looking to get some advise for lease in New Jersey. I planning to get Audi A% next week.

Thank you for your help and anticipated response.
  • speedgod1speedgod1 Member Posts: 7
    MSRP is $45,675 premium plus with navi. Invoice per edmunds is $42,539.
    Greetings adika. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 A5 Coupe Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the additional information, speedgod1. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 Audi A5 Coupe Premium Plus that has an MSRP of $45,675 and a selling price of $43,539 ($1,000 over dealer invoice) through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $636.

Car_man
    Host
  • mabcmabc Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    Car Man,
    Can you please provide the MF and residual for a California lease of a 2011 Audi S5 Premium, 36 months and 48 months, 10k miles per year, above ave credit. The local dealers are advertising $699/mo +tax for 48 months at 10k/yr with $4k down. They will not give the terms so I am trying to figure out how they come up with this number.
    Thanks,
    Mark
  • nash4unash4u Member Posts: 5
    Hello All,

Ok, Let me first tell you about my situation. I am Single 28 yrs old, just recently got a job and want to buy a new car. It should have sporty features but should also be a good value for my money.

I have test driven a few cars and have made my mind on 2012 Audi A5 and 2012 Audi TT. I am planning to finance this car for about 5 years and then maybe sell it off.

Please let me know which car would you recommend as my first sports/luxury car.

a few points that I have in my mind for these cars is as below:

1. Audi TT has been one of THE sports cars offered by Audi but Audi A5 is a little more spacious.

2. Both the cars have and I-4 engine, 212 HP and 258 lb-ft of Torque hence there is not much of a differentiation here.

Which one would be the right car to invest today as per my needs.

Or do you think i should go for a more powerful engine such as a V6 offered by BMW 338i coupe or Infiniti G37??

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Here's the information that you're looking for Mark. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Audi S5 Coupe Premium Plus with 10,000 miles per year are .00158 and 56%, respectively.

I haven't seen the four year numbers, but I'll see what I can find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • red71red71 Member Posts: 3
    Help! Need advice on a lease for a new 2012 Audi A5 for July delivery.
    36 mos/12,000 miles
    MSRP $48,850 - my cost $47,384
    Northeast delivery
    No money down (only security dep/taxes)
    Top tier credit
    MF .00203
    52% residual

Good deal?
  • bhaywardbhayward Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    Hi Car Man,

Can you give me the new money factor and residual % from AFS? I've been to three dealers in LA and the best deal I got---with the new July 5th buy rate---is $487 with taxes. Here are the stats:

Audi A5 Premium Plus

MSRP: $47, 625 (Navi, B&O, Sport Package with 19's)

Sell Price: $46,400

36 month lease

$10,000 down (total drive off)

I don't know if I should even get this car if the 2012 is coming out this month. Doesn't make sense on the resale if you ask me. Anyway, let me know about the MF and residual % when you get a chance. Thanks so much Car Man!

b
    I'd be happy to, bhayward. Audi Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A5 Premium Plus Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 model are .00127 and 50%.

I have to say that $10,000 is an awful lot of money to pay at lease signing. You would be better off putting as little down as possible.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car Man,

Thanks so much! One thing I forgot to say is that I only need 10,000 miles per year, not 15000. Can you tell me how that affects the 2012 and 2011 numbers? What changes?
    Also, i should add that my logic behind putting 10k down is this:

If I lease the car for, at best, 500 bucks with tax. After 36 months, I'll have paid 18,000 dollars. Add that to the 10,000 I put down and I'm 28,000 in the red. The buy back is approximately 25,000 at the end of the lease. That means I'm in the red for a total of 53k after 36 months.

BUT, if I sell the Audi for 40k, which is approximately what a 3 year old audi a5 goes for, then I am only in the red 13k for 3 years on an audi lease. The high resale value of the Audi makes it better to lease. I can buy back a car for 25 grand and sell it for 40 grand. That's due to the amazing resale of the audi (versus say the BMW which has a garbage depreciation rate).
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,182
    In either case, how does putting $10K upfront change the calculations? You either pay the $10K upfront, or you pay it monthly during the term of the loan.. In your scenario, the only difference would be a small amount of finance charges.

On another note... If the bank says the car will be worth $25K in three years, it's really doubtful you can get $40K for it... That might be the asking price at a dealer, right now.. but, asking isn't getting.... and, they have many more resources to sell an expensive used car (financing, advertising, etc..).

And lastly... never go into a lease, assuming your total cost will be anything but the amounts you are required to pay during the term.. Anything else is just a gamble. In the real world, the chances of coming out with any equity in a car at lease end probably are very, very small...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

MR Car Man,
    Can you tell me if this is a good offer?
    New 2012 Audi A5 Prestige for July delivery.
    36 mos/12,000 miles
    MSRP $48,850 - my cost $47,384
    Northeast delivery
    No money down (only security dep/taxes)
    Top tier credit
    MF .00203
    52% residual

Thanks!
    Kyfdx,

Thanks for your message. The 10k up front does not effect anything...except it does lower my monthly overhead significantly. That is just my preference. 400 bucks a month instead of 700.

Re: the lease, sure...anticipating market value is always a gamble, buying or leasing...but the odds "probably being very, very small" are just not true. I've been searching for 09 Audi A5's for 2 months. I know the market...I know what's sold on ebay, not just been auctioned, from private sellers...I know I was hawking a 2009 Prestige with 20k miles and it sold for 38k. Not from a dealer.

Thus, the odds that I can get AT LEAST 10k more than the 25k I pay for my car at the end of 3 years is very high...as my odds are supported by current 3 year old Audi A5s. I've weighed the pros and cons and crunched all the numbers. Resale value of an Audi is not just going to plummet by 35% randomly (from 38k to 25k).

The flat fact is that Audi A5s have a very low residual mark---53%, etc---and make it way too attractive to not buy at the end of the lease. BMWs on the other hand, with their 65 to 70% residual mark, have a purchase price at or above market value. Thus it is a bad investment.

So what do ya say car man, do you think you can give me those numbers for a 2011 and a 2012 lease at:

1) 10k miles per year with an Audi Premium Plus (Navi, B&O and Sport Package--MSRP 47,625)
    2) Money rate?
    3) Residual?

Thank you!
    bh
    You're very welcome bhayward. Audi Financial Services' 10,000 mile per year residual values are 3% higher than its 15,000 miles per year residuals. The money factors are the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi red71. The money factor that you were quoted is a little on the high side. Audi Financial Services' July 2011 buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A5 Coupe Prestige is .00161. I'm not sure what the market is like for this car in your area right now, but the $1,450 discount that you are being given doesn't look terrible. That's probably around half way between MSRP and invoice. There's still some room there so it wouldn't hurt to shop around if you have the time, but again I don't think that this is unreasonable...as long as you get the dealer to use the right money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man, you are so helpful with this process. I can't thank you enough. I promise this is my last question.

I've been really crunching the numbers with leasing and I can figure out why my numbers don't match an Audi Dealer's when we agree on the same factors for a 2012 A5. For example, I get them to agree on:

Money Factor: .00161

Drive off: $10,000

Sale Price: $46,400 (MSRP $47,625)

Residual: $28,100 (59%)

Miles: 10,000/yr

Term: 36 months

Add' Fees: $1000 (Acquisition, etc)

Lease calculators show the payment as being $399 with tax....yet these dealers quote me, AT BEST, $475 including tax. I just don't get where I am losing the money. I don't like not understanding something before I purchase...and I thought the lease principles applied are black and white.

Am I getting snaked? Let me know. You're the lease expert!
    ...I use the Edmunds lease calculator.
    Car Man,
    Thanks...much appreciated!
  • newbie44newbie44 Member Posts: 3
    I'm in the market for to lease an A5.
    I went into a dealership yesterday and this is what was offered.
    The car was approximately $40,200 MSRP and included Blue Tooth/Home Link, Ipod, heated seats and Audi Care.
    The deal was for 39 months, 10,000 miles per year, $510 per month, and $3000 down.
    This price includes my Audi Loyalty discount.
    I am currently turing in an already paid off 2008 Audi A4 in excellent condition and the lease is officially up August 11th.
    I had 36,000 miles but I only used 29,300 miles.
    The first salesmen mentioned that I could use some of the equity in the car to lower the price. The same salesmen came back and told me there were a couple of dings and the car and that if I turned the car it would be awash. Later when I was talking to the salesmen's manager and about to leave the manager mentioned that there was equity in the car and I could use it should I choose to lease the car from them instead of leaving the dealership (My buddy and I sensed that the initial salesmen was full of bull regarding the car being awash)
    Two questions:
    With the equity bargaining piece in play can I get a better deal?
    Am I getting a good deal at present?
    I feel like I should be able to do better.
    To put it in perspective I was able to get my last A4 with nothing down except registration and first months and I got Ipod, heated seats, audi care, and wood trim for $405 a month.

What do you folks think?
    Thanks in advance!
  • nacho2nacho2 Member Posts: 82
    Never put down $3000 down on a lease, that is crack prices. Don't walk RUN away. I am leasing a $51,000 BMW 335 D, and I am putting down $893 as drive off which incl 1st months payment. My monthly pay,emnt is $528.50 tax incl, however since the car is being ordere I have to wait :(
  • beerme1beerme1 Member Posts: 67
    Can I ask why you wouldn't simply outright buy the car? Money does not appear to be the issue as you are able to put 10K down. Aren't you going to be so much better off in three years under a buy scenario if you decide to sell the car? Your payments would be reasonable still if you used 60 months or 72 months at 3.9.
    I'm not trying to be a smart [non-permissible content removed] but even after having read your thought I don't see the point of putting 10K down on a lease and then buying the car. That has to cost you something more than if you simply buy the car from the get go no?
    I wasn't putting 10k down...I stated it was $3000 down and it was for 10,000 miles per year.
    I've gone to a couple of dealerships and I think I got the price down to $1665 including registration and first month's payment. I also think I got the monthly payment down to $515.
  • jaydonjaydon Member Posts: 2
    Im looking into leasing a new 2012 Audi A5. Went to the dealership and got some pricing and wanted to see how good the price they gave me was and how much room I have to negotiate.

Car Specs -
    2.0 Premium Plus
    Phantom Black Paint
    Audi MMI Navigation Plus
    Advanced Key
    B&O Sound System

They offered me a 39 month lease, 10,000 miles a year, for: $600 a month and $4000 due at signing which they said covers first month payment, taxes, titles, tags, fees, etc...

The price of $600 a month is what the dealer told me as the first price of the car after running the #'s and he said that's after him taking $2000 off the price of the car. Is this truly the lowest they can go because A5's are in high demand or do I stand a chance to knock some more money off the monthly payment? Also, does $4000 due at signing sound normal? I've had 1 lease before and I can't be certain but I think out the door after 1st month, taxes, titles, tags, fees that I paid them like $1800 and that was for my G35 sedan which had monthly payment of $499. Am I taking a beating with what Im paying out the door as well?

Thanks for your help
    Jay
    Jaydon,

I just got my 2011 A5 lease yesterday.
    I really think I got the best price possible.
    I got this in Southern California
    (I went to four places and played them off against each other as all of you should do)
    The problem with this car is that although it is 2011 and they are clearing them out for the 2012 it is a hot car and they are only willing to go so far.
    The details are as follows.
    I was turning in an 2008 A4 lease that was already paid off and in excellent condition and I only had 29,000 miles when I could have driven 36,000 etc.
    I was able to get some equity out of the car on that end ($600)
    Additionally I got the premium package with the audi care included.
    No navigation but seriously in this day and age?
    It had blue tooth, home link, IPOD connection and LoJack. (You have to activate the LoJack for a fee)
    I got it for $1665 down (including first months and registration), 10K miles per year, and 42 months, and $550 including tax a month.
    The overall price of the car was lowered by my audi loyalty discount ($750 and again the equity in the car)
    At one point I really did think that I could get the car for $1665 and $500 month. No such luck at any of the dealerships.
    Ultimately I got a dealer to agree to $534 and $1665 but unfortunately my credit wasn't good enough to get that price. (Just under 700)
    Never the less I got a beautiful car that turns heads and is awesome to drive.
    By the way, the first time I went into the dealership they pitched me $3000 down and $566 a month.

I hope that helps!
  • zark123zark123 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

What are the July AFS, MF and Residual values for 2012 A5 prem. plus, 36 month, 12k miles and also 39 months, 12k miles?

- Sorry if this has already been answered
  • tydiwantydiwan Member Posts: 1
    Very new to the leasing world. I went to a couple local dealers with a friend who has leased cars for years and ended up calling a dealer out of state, which someone has used for many years. The local dealers were quoting me lease rates about $35-50 higher per month than the out of state guy. Wanted to ask if people thought this was a good deal. 2012 audi a5 with sports package. no nav, no Bang & Olufsen sound system, 18 inch all-season tires (included with sports package), 15,000K miles per year, 39 months -- $580/month with no money down. There is $3000 for taxes, fees, registration, first month payement, etc. He told me the reason why the initial walk off the lot fees seem higher, is because I'm paying the taxes upfront (I live in Ohio if that makes a difference). Does this sound like a good deal? I am getting ready to sign this week.
    Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Ty
  • c300buyerc300buyer Member Posts: 4
    Can I get the MF and Residual on a 2012 A5 2.0T Premium Quattro convertible
    1) 33 mo, 13k miles
    2) 33 mo, 15k miles
    3) 36 mo, 13k miles
    4) 36 mo, 15k miles
  • asolare1asolare1 Member Posts: 31
    Hi Car Man.

Please give me the money factor and residual for a 2012 A5 premium plus cabriolet for delivery in August.

I would want the lowest annual mileage they would write it for (10,000?) and would like to see figures for 36 and for 48 months. Thanks!
  • westfeezywestfeezy Member Posts: 6
    Hi CarMan,

I'm considering a 2012 A5 Coupe Prestige, through work I can get it at invoice, which is $45,172. I'd be doing a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles a year.

Could you please let me know what kind of lease payment I'd be looking at, as well as the MF and residual?

Thanks!

Jake
  • kenjinkenjin Member Posts: 10
    went to Audi in NY today got the residual as 59% and 0.00161 for MF.

I quote a 2012 A5 Prem Plus with Navi and Sport package $42648 he gave me the price of $3500 down and $569 per month.

but when i got home and make some calculation my self it turn out to be $529 per month with 0 down tax and fees not include.
  • paceypimpspaceypimps Member Posts: 2
    I would go step by step with the dealer the way you did ur calculations and then i would take the deal as it seams cheap for all your getting :shades:
    I'm glad that you've found my posts helpful, bhayward. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 Audi A5 that has an MSRP of $47,625 and a selling price of $46,400 through Audi Financial Services' right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $629.

With a down payment of $9,000 (the 10k that you mentioned minus the fees), this payment would drop to around $364.

Having said that, you definitely don't want to make that large a down payment when leasing. Consumers who make large down payments like that on leases risk losing part or all of the money that they put down if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It's much safer to go with a zero down lease.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome red71.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, zark123. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00161 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39 month lease are .00181 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi c300buyer. Audi Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2012 A5 2.0T Premium Coupe with quattro and 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00161 and 56%.

AFS' residual values for leases with only 12,000 miles per year are 2% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi asolare1. AFS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus without quattro with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 48 month lease are .00185 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
    I'd be happy to work up a sample payment on this car for you, Jake. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with both its MSRP and selling price. I can come up with an approximate selling price using the invoice price that you mentioned, but I still need the MSRP.

As far as the lease program info goes, AFS' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 A5 Coupe Prestige with 15,000 miles per year are .00161 and 52%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • westfeezywestfeezy Member Posts: 6
    Thanks CarMan. The MSRP is $48,375, and I can lease through the Audi Supplier Program, which I believe gives 6% off the MRSP, so please disregard the previous info regarding the invoice price.

Thanks!

Jake
  • littlestevielittlestevie Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan,

I am debating between leasing or financing a 2012 A5. It would be great if you could take a closer look at my options below and give me your insight:

>>>
    2012 A5 2.0T AUTO QUATTRO
    + BANG & OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM
    + AUDI NAVIGATION SYSTEM
    + PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
    + DESTINATION CHARGE

MSRP: $ 46,400.00
    Asking Price: $ 44,000.00

>>>
    LMF: 0.00153
    Term: 36
    DRIVE OFF: $2,345.26 (include first month payment + security deposit $625.00 + bank fee $ 703.75 + license)
    TOTAL MONTHLY PAYMENT: $ 619.51 after tax ($572.30, before tax)

>>>>
    Selling Price: $44,000.00 before tax
    APR % : 3.50%
    Term: 60
    Monthly PAYMENT : $874.93

Is this a good deal?
    Should I finance or lease this?
  • ricardo69ricardo69 Member Posts: 1
    I see some of the answers to lease prices show a $ amount and a percentage which I am not familiar with. I am intrested in a low down payment on a 36 month 10,000 mile lease. I have the highest credit rating.

The sticker price with the loaded (almost) car is about 46,000.

I have not contacted any dealers yet but I want to drive the car first and find out some prices.

Thank You
  • lr3maniaclr3maniac Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2011
    MRSP 44000
    Invoice 39,500(almost 2k lower than invoice)
    39 month lease 3200 down, $445/month, $457/month with Audi care
    Residual was 57% with money factor of .00196, 12k miles a year
  • cohiba16cohiba16 Member Posts: 1
    hi.

a local dealer offered me a new car (see above) with msrp of $54k and a sale price of $52k.
    the deal was for $5k down and monthly payments with all included of $699.
    this includes audicare.
    i'd hate to pay more than i need to.
    advice?
    thx.
    mitch
  • xmjxxmjx Member Posts: 159
    Car Man - Hope you can help!

Looking at leasing an A5 2.0 Coupe Prestige for 36 months, 12K per year.

What is the September money factor and residual? Any dealer cash or special incentives? Thanks!
  • coke69coke69 Member Posts: 4
    just came back from an Audi dealer and looked at an A5 premium plus, automatic w navigation package. Offered me $3890 up front for taxes, 1st month payment, registration..... then 575/mo including Audicare plan for 42 mos./ 12000mi per yr... How does that sound from the new york city area.....Thx
  • emax007emax007 Member Posts: 1
    Just did a ton of negotiating with deals and the best deals I come up with is.

A5 Black Perl Auto Prem Plus with 19" 5-Y Wheels

Sell Price 42400
    MSRP 44430
    MF 0.00161 Res 58%
    Added Acq fee and some other fees.

Lease with $1690 down a payment of $649/mo.

Is that a good deal?
  • carrerahcarrerah Member Posts: 23
    This is a pretty good deal. I got close on a similarly equipped A5 PP, but with a manual trans, 19s, etc. Great car, smooth, good power. In the end, the Audi's just don't lease out as well due to their residuals. I always go back to BMW, which I did this time and got a 3 Series Coupe (328i) manual trans, MSport, etc. on a 27 month lease with a 74% residual. Every time I see an A5 - coulda/shoulda - especially since I am getting 14MPG during my break in! Overall, your deal at 58% is pretty good though. Good luck - great car!
    No problem Jake. Thanks for the pricing info. OK, let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 A5 Coupe Prestige that has an MSRP of $48,375 and a selling price 45,473 through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $679.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.