Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• nero5nero5 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man! I was wondering if you could tell me the December numbers for a 2013 A5 Premium in California with convenience and lighting package? For both 10k and 15k miles per year, 42 months, residual, money factor, etc. I was looking to put $1k-2k down.

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Certainly nero5. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 42-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00143 and 50% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with only 12,000 miles per year would be 2% higher. The 10k residual value would be 3% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • msc5msc5 Member Posts: 25
    Carman,
    Can you please post the MF and RV for a Audi A5 coupe for 12,000 miles for 24 month lease vs. 36 month lease? Also, do these numbers apply for all versions---premium, premium plus and prestige or are the numbers different for the different trim levels?
    Currently have an E350 lease coming to its end and deciding whether I want to get another Mercedes or an Audi? Is Audi offering any conquest cash?
    Thanks, MSC
    Here you go msc5. Audi Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00123 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00123 and 56%.

The money factors for all A5 Coupes are the same. The residual values for the Premium Plus are the same. The residuals for the Prestige are 4% lower.

I don't think that Audi is providing any conquest cash on this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • looksylooksy Member Posts: 4
    Can you give me the money factor and residual on a 2013 A5 Premium Plus. I'm getting very different numbers for the local dealers.
    I'm looking at the numbers for a 42 month lease. Thanks
    Went into the dealership last night and here are the numbers I got. A5 Premium Plus w/Nav, advanced key, and B&O sound system.
    MSRP 48590
    Neg Price 46000
    42 months/10000 miles
    residual 53%
    MF .00158
    payment $690.49
    Sales tax is 7%

When I plug the numbers into a lease calculator I get a payment of 636. What's causing the difference
  • carrerahcarrerah Member Posts: 23
    Are you including the acq. fee in your calc or paying up front? Also, do your drive-off costs match?
    I'm doing 0 down. Aquisition fee of 399 is added in.
  • pj1369pj1369 Member Posts: 16
    edited December 2012
    Hi Everyone-

In the market to get a new audi a5. Got my first offer from one of the local dealerships over the phone...with a worksheet to follow...I hope.

Car in question: Metallic Black Audi A5 Premium Plus w/ Navi a few extras
    MSRP: $47,760
    Dealer Offered Price: $44,948
    Lease Offer: $518 a month, with $9K down, for 12K a year, over 3 years/36 months (waiting for number specifics)
    Buy Offer: $629 a month, with $9K down, and 1.9% APR financing

Any preliminary thoughts? Seem like good offers? Anything I should think about as I move into more negotiations and look to improve the offer?

Thanks!

-PJ

P.S. $9K down is from trade-in
  • kechal12kechal12 Member Posts: 26
    edited January 2013
    Car Man,

What are the Jan MF and RV for an A5 Preimum Plus; 10,000 or 12,000 miles? Could you also provide the figures for Prestige? Do you believe they will change much for Feb? When do the Feb figures come out? Thanks for all of your help.
    How's this for a timely response, kechal12 ;). Through April 2nd (wow this is a long program) Audi Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00104 and 55% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 A5 Coupe Prestige are .00104 and 51%.

If you were to lease either of these cars with only 10,000 miles per year, their residual values would be 1% higher.

Of course, this assumes that Audi does not make any unscheduled changes to its programs for this car. You can always check back with me next week to see if there's anything new if you want.

Car_man
    Host
    your awesome, thanks
    You're welcome :) .

Car_man
    Host
    are the RV and MF the same for the cabrio as they are for the coupe?
    I think that they're different, kechal12. Through April 2nd Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Convertible Premium Plus FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00060 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a '13 A5 Convertible Prestige are .00060 and 49%.

Car_man
    Host
  • ktdrayktdray Member Posts: 3
    Hi Leaseman,
    I was told from dealer the published Audi rate for the A5 Cabriolet is .00070 for 36 months. Do you think there's room to get them to go lower?

thanks!!!!
  • mlinggamlingga Member Posts: 60
    Hi folks: in the market for an S5 Prestige. First offer had MSRP $62,870 minus $1500 discount. Add to that a service fee of $400, sales tax $4,324, and $42 misc fees. Assuming a $2500 down payment, for a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles/year, we are getting a monthly payment of $1,042. We are leasing newbies and would like to know if this is in the ballpark?
    Hi ktdray. The money factor that you were told is correct for the quattro version of this car. It's schedule to run through April 1st. It's difficult to say what the program for the A5 Cab will be like after that, but I don't anticipate it improving significantly. Again, time will tell.

Car_man
    Host
  • 1st_a5_buyer1st_a5_buyer Member Posts: 1
    Hi car_man,

I want to lease audi a5 and got a quote of $590 over 42 month lease with 3k down on a5 premium plus MSRP 42,600. No other options aside from premium plus package. No Navi.

I looked up ML and residual value on:

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2013/02/2013-audi-lease-rates-february-2013/

So I did my lease calculation based on,

36 Month – Residual 53% of MSRP – .00104 Base Rate

got approx $514 monthly over 42 months. My question is why there is the quote that I got from dealer is so much higher than my calculation. Is $590 reasonable?

My calculation:

42600 x 53% = 22,578
    (42600 - 3000) - 22,578 = 17,022 (3k down)
    17,022 / 42 = 405.28

(42600 + 22,578) x 0.00104 = 67.78

405.28 + 67 = 473 monthly without tax
    473 + 8.75 tax (41.38) = 514.38

While my calculation does not include other fee (acquisition fee etc) in a lease but I am also using MSRP pricing instead of negotiated pricing. Am I wrong on the calculation or the quote is just too high?

Thanks for you help!
  • abacusfinchabacusfinch Member Posts: 2
    My 2010 A5 lease ends in a few months and my payoff amount is almost $5k lower than the market value of the car. A pretty good problem to have except that I don't want to turn it in for a new Audi or buy it out. But I don't want to just lose the positive equity either. If I try to trade it in to a non-Audi dealer, Audi will give them a quote that is fair market value, not my residual. And I don't have enough cash on hand to buy the car without some financing, so re-selling it is still tricky because the title would have a lien on it. Is there any way for me to keep the positive equity or am I just out of options? Thanks very much and if this is better posted in another forum, my apologies. Please direct me there.
    Hi 1st_a5_buyer. The money factor and residual value that you found are correct, but you can't apply them to a 42 month lease....only a 36 month lease. The 42 month numbers for this car are .00124 and 51%. Using these numbers a lease of this car at full MSRP, $42,600, would result in a monthly payment of around $577.

Car_man
    Host
  • a5cabrioa5cabrio Member Posts: 3
    Hi all,

Lease on an A5 cab is maturing and FL dealership is offering me another A5 cab with the following options and terms, what do you think...
    -----
    CAR
    -----
    2013 A5 Cab (Blk/Blk)
    Prem Plus, Advanced Key, B&O Sound, Fine Grain Ash Inlay, Audi Care
    MSRP $49,545 - Dealer is offering 'VIP/Loyalty Pricing' @ $45,995.61

---------
    TERMS
    ---------
    42 month lease, 12,000 miles
    Inception - $1,497.97 (1st month, tax, tag, title, bank acquis.)
    Payment - $636.76 (674.97 with tax)
    Money Factor - .000987
    Residual - 48% - $23,781.60

Thoughts?

Thanks!
    edited March 2013
    Hello,

Could you tell me what the MF and RV would be for a 2013 A5 Cabrio, prem plus, 36 mos, 12k miles? the dealer quoted me .0011, which seems high. The quoted RV was 54% (with AudiCare that is supposed to add 1% to RV). For a 42 mos lease the MF was .0013 and RV is 50% (again with AudiCare). Thanks! ;)
  • shipsalesshipsales Member Posts: 1
    Looking at a new 2013 A5 Cabriolet Quattro Premium Plus Black/Black/Black
    Sport Package
    MMI Navigation Plus
    Dark Walnut inlay
    Advanced Key

MSRP = 54495
    Sell price = 52000
    36 month lease
    12,000 miles annually
    MF 0.00119
    Residual 53%
    Tax rate 6.5
    Acquisition fee $695
    Down Payment = $1395 includes Dealer Doc fee, Acquisition fee,license and tag
    Dealer is offering $$915 a month
    My calculations are at $792.00 month

Any idea of why there is such a large discrepancy?

Thanks in advance
  • ttyl123ttyl123 Member Posts: 12
    Hi Car_man,

What are the March MF and RV for a 2013 A5 Premium 10,000 or 12,000 miles on 36 months lease?

Thanks!
    Hi kechal12. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus without quattro with 12,000 miles per year and Audi Care are .00041 and 52% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00061 and 48%.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi ttyl123. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00067 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The residual value for a lease with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Is this for March or April?
    PJ,

I would never put money down on a lease as it's just pre-paid rent. I wonder if you would do better selling the trade in on your own and keeping the $9k (maybe more if you sell it yourself). You could use the $9k to supplement your out of pocket monthly lease payment and you're not at risk of losing that value if something happens to the car.
    Those were the April numbers.

Car_man
    Host
  • audibillaudibill Member Posts: 1
    Car Man:

I have a lease quote for a 2013 A5 coupe with Premium pkg., manual transmission quattro as follows:

MSRP $41,045 (incl destination fee)
    Selling Price $39,207
    Loyalty Bonus $1,000
    MF of .00087 for 10K, 42 months
    Residual 51%
    Acq fee $695
    Trade in $3800
    State tax 6%
    Payment $409.28

Any obvious problems?

Thanks!
    Hi audibill. The money factor that you were quoted is right on the money. The acquisition fee isn't being marked up either. This car's selling price looks like it's around $1,000 over invoice. This looks like a good deal to me.

Car_man
    Host
  • cardude24cardude24 Member Posts: 1
    A5 premium plus, Bang&Olufsen, 39 month lease deal as follows:
    - MSRP: $47,945
    - Final Selling Price with tax/title and Audi care: $47,672
    - MF: 0.0010
    - Cash down: 5500
    - Monthly payment: $542/mo

Can any one confirm how good/bad this deal is?
    Carman,

I am negotiating with a dealer for an A5 Prestige with S-Line package. I qualify for the $1000 New Customer Acquisition Rebate. The dealer is telling me Audi does not allow the rebate to be applied to the selling price (due to how it changes the tax) so he is using the $1000 rebate as a down payment. I think he may not be correct on the application of the rebate. After all, doesn't the dealer pocket the rebate check? All the "down payment" does is pre-pay my rent to reduce the monthly payment, which makes no sense to do. Your insights would be appreciated. Also, can you give me the MF and RV for a 2013 A5 cab, Prestige with S-Line package; 12k miles per year, 36 months. Thanks
    Hi kechal12. Why does it matter if the dealer uses the $1,000 to reduce the vehicle's selling price or as a down payment? Isn't the net effect the same? A capitalized cost reduction aka down payment lowers your vehicle's cap cost just like a dealer discount would.

Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Cabriolet Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00032 and 48% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Car_man,
    You're correct. It doesn't matter. I gave it a bit more thought after I posted and came to the conclusion you did. Not sure why I was thinking it made a difference. Anyway, I'm back to looking at Premium Plus since the RV on Prestige is now only 48% :mad:

Can you provide me with the current MF and RV for 2013 A5 cab, Prem. Plus; 36 months, 12k miles per year? Does it matter if it has the Sport package or the Comfort package? Can you confirm that having Audi Care adds 1% to the RV? Thanks again ;)
  • delta737hdelta737h Member Posts: 626
    In most states, a rebate applied as a down payment is a taxable event. For that reason, I simply reduce the selling price by the amount of the rebate without specifically identifying the rebate in my lease proposals. This has the same effect as a dealer discount which is never taxable and is the way to avoid paying tax if the dealer allows it. The rebate is simply assigned to the Dealer as far as I know unless it's somehow waived which is probably a stretch. I haven't had a problem doing this, at least not yet. So, yes, it does make a difference in terms of tax.

John
    TheAutoLeaseGeek
    You're right, kechal12, the residual values for the Prestige are pretty rough.

Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2013 A5 Cabriolet Premium Plus FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00041 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. The addition of the Sport or Comfort packages does not make a difference.

Adding Audi Care does indeed add 1% to vehicles' residual values.

Car_man
    Host
    that's a fair point about the tax. when I did the calcs there was a slight difference but not really enough to be material. Interestingly, the dealer insisted that Audi does not allow them to use the incentive cash to reduce the sales price. It must be used as a down payment. Makes me wonder how truthful they were being.
  • WestWVTWestWVT Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

What are the May MF and RV for a 2013 A5 Premium Plus 2.0T 10,000 or 12,000 miles on 36 months lease? Also, 42 month?

Thanks!
  • boostmdboostmd Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I just received a lease offer for a 2013 A5 Prestige S-line quattro tiptronic:

42-month lease

Purchase Price $51,275

45% residual (12k miles per year)

Money factor 0.00087 (tier A credit 750+)

$0 out of pocket (first payment, DMV, state fees rolled)

Total payment $772.21 per month plus tax.

Can you please tell me if this is a fair deal?

Thank you!
  • cls03cls03 Member Posts: 10
    Hi, all,

Thought you'd be interested in my experience in leasing and reviewing a 2013 A 5 which I just got over the weekend (5/11); Black Pearl metallic/black int; Prem +; Nav, B&O, Key, Walnut trim, Metal tips/exhaust, and I got a "sealant" (forgot the name) thrown in w/o the contract (but not otherwise sold separately). I'm told this sealant will keep the car looking like new, even out of multiple car washes, which, being black, it'll need. It is simply gorgeous. Got it from Paul Miller Audi in Parsippany, NJ (W of NYC). Terrific experience with Don, salesman and Steve, finance manager. I recommend both highly as professional, honest, thorough and just good guys.

Traded in a 2010 Inf G37X (a terrific car as well, with 328 hp). Although not quite as fast, of course, but with close in torque, the A5 was more than adequate and hard to believe it's only a 4 cyl. And flicking the gear selector to the sport mode (the triangle below D, not sure why they use that icon), the car really takes off. (Didn't yet try the manual tiptronic.) So no worries on speed deficiencies. The only time you know it's a 4 is when going uphill at highway speed, where you have to press down on the accelerator to maintain speed. The G37X didn't need to do that. The A5 has a smoothness/refinement/and quiteness that the G37X didn't quite have. The stering of the A5 is very light at low speeds (I'm starting to get used to it as compared with the G37X), but it tightens up dramatically at highway speed, maybe even more than the G. Wow!

The B&O sound system is the best I've ever heard in a car, including the very good Bose in the G37X and even the Acura TL I had before that and the Lexus IS 350 before that. Where the Bose emphasizes base (all their products are that way), but with consequent slight (or more) muddying of mid range (which I didn't realize until I heard the B&O), the B&O is crystal clear with much better resolution of mids and highs, and still has good base, but w/o the Bose "thump." While I'm not an "audiophile," I do appreciate good sound. In fact, an excellent sound system is as much a priority for me as any of the other car stats. I look forward to riding just to hear the music. So, people, if you can get the B&O, you'll be in for an audio thrill, including with sat and fm, not just cds. And, although I was nervous about the ease of use of the MMI, it's a breeze, after only a day playing with it. From Radio to Media and back, and to setting up and finding the favorite presets, etc., it really is no sweat.

Now to the lease. Given that I was close to someone at the dealership, I was able to get, I think, a good deal. Bottom line: 36 mo, 10k miles -- $670/mo, includes all fees, taxes, etc., and the first month's payment (so I only have 35 left). The "sell" price was about $1100 under invoice.

Bottom line: just an overall great experience getting the A5 and the lease deal.

RJ
  • cls03cls03 Member Posts: 10
    Hi, again, I forgot to say Quatro, of course. 8-speed auto. The MSRP for my A 5 (discussed above) was $49,150. Gross Cap Cost $45126. My lease was complicated because I owed a few $K in the G37X trade (due to Infiniti very high residual to get customers) and some of that was included in the lease so I can't give further lease-only figures (that I can understand).

RJ
    Here's the information that you're looking for WestWVT. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00067 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00087 and 49%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    Hi Car_man,

What are the May MF and RV for a 2013 A5 Cab Premium - 10,000 or 12,000 miles on 36 month and 39 month lease?

Additionally, do you have the above for 2013 A5 Cab Premium PLUS - 10,000 or 12,000 miles on 36 month and 39 month lease?

Thanks!
    Hey rr4mywife. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Cabriolet Premium FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00041 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00061 and 49%.

The residual values for leases of this car with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

The lease program for the Premium Plus model are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • biggoofyjjbiggoofyjj Member Posts: 5
    Hi Car Man - Looking to lease an A5 Premium Plus Coupe, 3 years, 10k miles/year. Following is the lowest quote I have so far. (Premium Plus, Nav and Advanced Key).

MSRP: 47095
    Selling Price: 43167 (9.16% off MSRP, and claims to be 1500 below invoice)
    Drive Off: 848
    Monthly: 587/mo including 9% local tax

I also qualify for 1k rebate, which is not included in above calculation.

Do you think I have more room to negotiate? If so, how much more? I asked around local dealers but all they are saying is they can beat the price but wouldn't give me any numbers... Although I am not in a hurry to get into a new lease, I am also ready to pull the trigger at any time... Please let me know. Thanks!
    Hi biggoofyjj. A selling price of $1,500 under invoice before incentives would indeed be an outstanding deal on an A5 Coupe. You can look up this car's dealer invoice price to check to see if that is indeed what you are really being sold the car for over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. If you're really getting this car for $1,500 under invoice there's not any room left to negotiate here.

Also make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor to calculate your car's payment. That rate is .00067 for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro.

Car_man
    Host
  • biggoofyjjbiggoofyjj Member Posts: 5
    Thanks Car Man! I just checked and it turns out it is actually about 700 below invoice shown on edmunds.com.

Will update on this forum once I make the purchase.
This discussion has been closed.