Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

Comments

• WestWVTWestWVT Posts: 1
    Hi Car_man,

What are the May MF and RV for a 2013 A5 Premium Plus 2.0T 10,000 or 12,000 miles on 36 months lease? Also, 42 month?

Thanks!
  • boostmdboostmd Posts: 1
    Hello, I just received a lease offer for a 2013 A5 Prestige S-line quattro tiptronic:

42-month lease

Purchase Price $51,275

45% residual (12k miles per year)

Money factor 0.00087 (tier A credit 750+)

$0 out of pocket (first payment, DMV, state fees rolled)

Total payment $772.21 per month plus tax.

Can you please tell me if this is a fair deal?

Thank you!
  • cls03cls03 Posts: 10
    Hi, all,

Thought you'd be interested in my experience in leasing and reviewing a 2013 A 5 which I just got over the weekend (5/11); Black Pearl metallic/black int; Prem +; Nav, B&O, Key, Walnut trim, Metal tips/exhaust, and I got a "sealant" (forgot the name) thrown in w/o the contract (but not otherwise sold separately). I'm told this sealant will keep the car looking like new, even out of multiple car washes, which, being black, it'll need. It is simply gorgeous. Got it from Paul Miller Audi in Parsippany, NJ (W of NYC). Terrific experience with Don, salesman and Steve, finance manager. I recommend both highly as professional, honest, thorough and just good guys.

Traded in a 2010 Inf G37X (a terrific car as well, with 328 hp). Although not quite as fast, of course, but with close in torque, the A5 was more than adequate and hard to believe it's only a 4 cyl. And flicking the gear selector to the sport mode (the triangle below D, not sure why they use that icon), the car really takes off. (Didn't yet try the manual tiptronic.) So no worries on speed deficiencies. The only time you know it's a 4 is when going uphill at highway speed, where you have to press down on the accelerator to maintain speed. The G37X didn't need to do that. The A5 has a smoothness/refinement/and quiteness that the G37X didn't quite have. The stering of the A5 is very light at low speeds (I'm starting to get used to it as compared with the G37X), but it tightens up dramatically at highway speed, maybe even more than the G. Wow!

The B&O sound system is the best I've ever heard in a car, including the very good Bose in the G37X and even the Acura TL I had before that and the Lexus IS 350 before that. Where the Bose emphasizes base (all their products are that way), but with consequent slight (or more) muddying of mid range (which I didn't realize until I heard the B&O), the B&O is crystal clear with much better resolution of mids and highs, and still has good base, but w/o the Bose "thump." While I'm not an "audiophile," I do appreciate good sound. In fact, an excellent sound system is as much a priority for me as any of the other car stats. I look forward to riding just to hear the music. So, people, if you can get the B&O, you'll be in for an audio thrill, including with sat and fm, not just cds. And, although I was nervous about the ease of use of the MMI, it's a breeze, after only a day playing with it. From Radio to Media and back, and to setting up and finding the favorite presets, etc., it really is no sweat.

Now to the lease. Given that I was close to someone at the dealership, I was able to get, I think, a good deal. Bottom line: 36 mo, 10k miles -- $670/mo, includes all fees, taxes, etc., and the first month's payment (so I only have 35 left). The "sell" price was about $1100 under invoice.

Bottom line: just an overall great experience getting the A5 and the lease deal.

RJ
  • cls03cls03 Posts: 10
    Hi, again, I forgot to say Quatro, of course. 8-speed auto. The MSRP for my A 5 (discussed above) was $49,150. Gross Cap Cost $45126. My lease was complicated because I owed a few $K in the G37X trade (due to Infiniti very high residual to get customers) and some of that was included in the lease so I can't give further lease-only figures (that I can understand).

RJ
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the information that you're looking for WestWVT. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00067 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 42-month lease are .00087 and 49%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, this car's residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • rr4mywiferr4mywife Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    Hi Car_man,

What are the May MF and RV for a 2013 A5 Cab Premium - 10,000 or 12,000 miles on 36 month and 39 month lease?

Additionally, do you have the above for 2013 A5 Cab Premium PLUS - 10,000 or 12,000 miles on 36 month and 39 month lease?

Thanks!
    Hey rr4mywife. Audi Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Cabriolet Premium FWD with 12,000 miles per year are .00041 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are .00061 and 49%.

The residual values for leases of this car with 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

The lease program for the Premium Plus model are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man - Looking to lease an A5 Premium Plus Coupe, 3 years, 10k miles/year. Following is the lowest quote I have so far. (Premium Plus, Nav and Advanced Key).

MSRP: 47095
    Selling Price: 43167 (9.16% off MSRP, and claims to be 1500 below invoice)
    Drive Off: 848
    Monthly: 587/mo including 9% local tax

I also qualify for 1k rebate, which is not included in above calculation.

Do you think I have more room to negotiate? If so, how much more? I asked around local dealers but all they are saying is they can beat the price but wouldn't give me any numbers... Although I am not in a hurry to get into a new lease, I am also ready to pull the trigger at any time... Please let me know. Thanks!
    Hi biggoofyjj. A selling price of $1,500 under invoice before incentives would indeed be an outstanding deal on an A5 Coupe. You can look up this car's dealer invoice price to check to see if that is indeed what you are really being sold the car for over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. If you're really getting this car for $1,500 under invoice there's not any room left to negotiate here.

Also make sure that the dealer that you are working with is using Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor to calculate your car's payment. That rate is .00067 for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus quattro.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car Man! I just checked and it turns out it is actually about 700 below invoice shown on edmunds.com.

Will update on this forum once I make the purchase.
  • giphigiphi Posts: 2
    Car_Man et al. Please help me choose if this is a good deal. (hot, warm, cold??)
    Below is the profile of the A5 I am interested. I love this color though I don't care much about Navigation.

2013 A5 2.0T COUPE QUATTRO TIPTRONIC
    Exterior Color: DAYTONA GRAY PEARL EFFECT
    Interior Color: S LINE BLACK

Options:
    CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS
    AUDI ADVANCED KEY
    WITHOUT FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER
    BANG & OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM
    AUDI CONNECT
    IPOD CABLE FOR AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE - NO CHARGE
    AUDI MMI NAVIGATION PLUS PACKAGE
    PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
    S LINE COMPETITION PACKAGE

Quoted Price: 48, 548 (MSRP: 52,720)
    12K miles per year, 3K down
    (requested the dealership to use top-line credit rate to come up with numbers)

asking $595 plus tax (per month)

Please let me know if this is a ok/good/great/steal deal??
    I am not brand loyal yet, hence having difficulty deciding. Thank you guys.
  • ydolydol Posts: 12
    hi giphi, using edmunds price with true market value, the invoice is $49k so quoted price below invoice, with $3k down, I estimated net cap cost $46k (please check any fees associated with it) and based on the 51% residual, 0.0041 MF, 36 mo (please confirm with dealer) the lease price is around $570 + tax (might be higher depend on net cap cost). Not a bad deal, have you compare with few other dealership. I'd suggest to compare with Audi Las Vegas where I recently purchased A4 & Q5. Good Luck!
  • giphigiphi Posts: 2
    Thank you for the info. Appreciate this very much. I pulled the trigger on this one after they tweaked it a lil bit

Selling price - 48400
    The guy told me the Invoice Price is $49,548

610 (including tax) - I got the Audi Care which made it about 626 monthly (all included)
    The residual was 54% (if i am not mistaken)
    Also, the Daytona Gray was very tough to find on a A5
    The car just got into the port and waiting for delivery.

Shall post if there are any 'surprises'. Thanks again.
  • yao2yao2 Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,
    I have read some of the other posts and I must say Sir, you give superlative advice. I need some help in this deal and I am sure you can help me. The specs I am being offered in Washington PA and WV are:

Audi 2013 Premium plus-money factor of 0.0011
    Residual value of $23,737 with an MSRP $46545 and a selling price of $44900.
    With $3000 down I am being offered a lease of $636 for 15,000 miles a year for 36 months. Audi have also offered to cover the first months payment.

I feel this is a tad expensive and I know my FICO score is 750+.
    Could you please enlighten me as to what I should be paying so I can get these chaps to be more reasonable?
    Appreciate yours and any other forthcoming constructive advice and help. :shades:

Cheers
    You're welcome biggoofyjj. I'm looking forward to hearing how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi giphi. The selling price that you were quoted looks great. Just make sure that the dealer uses Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00067 (for top tier customers) to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the kind words yao2 :shades: .

Is this a Coupe or a Convertible? I'm guessing a Coupe. The dealer invoice price of this car is probably around $43,350. If that is indeed the case, then the selling price that you were quoted is probably around $1,500 over invoice. I can't say that I am intimately familiar with what the market is like for the A5 right now, it's not a very high volume vehicle. I have however seen deals that are closer to invoice mentioned here in this discussion. You may want to see if you can haggle a little more.

Also, if you currently own an Audi, BMW, Mercedes or Lexus vehicle you are eligible for a $1,000 cash incentive on this car. That would help.

Another aspect of this deal that looks a little high is the money factor. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for this model is .00067 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure to try to get the dealer to use the buy rate to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • car112car112 Posts: 4
    Dear car man,
    I have been getting numbers from several dealers in DC/NoVa area, and have been pretty similar in their offers. based on what I am reading from this forum, it seems far off from invoice, even with Military and Am Ex discount. I don't how to negotiate... (my parents own a Lexus, could I get a cash incentive on that...if so, how does that work)

Could u help please? And tell me if these are bad deal....

Selling price 44,861
    Doc fee 199
    Tax 1351.8o
    Non tax fees 76.75
    TOTAL: 46,488.55

lease payments
    53% residual 36 mos: if O down ---> $698
    If 1,500 down--->$653
    if 3000 down, --->$609

security deposit: 3k

Thank you!!!
  • hooli88hooli88 Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please provide June's money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles. Also, will it be the same for a 2014 A5 Premium Plus?

Thanks for the help!
    Hi car112. There is a $1,000 cash incentive on this car for current Lexus owners, but I suspect that the vehicle has to be in your name, not your parents.

What is this car's MSRP? That will give me something to compare the selling price that you were quoted to.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, hooli88. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00067 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 model are .00142 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • for that 1k rebate, i used my insurance card that shows i was the registered driver of my moms bmw. That worked fine. They also told me i just have to register to the same address the bmw mb or lexus is registered to in order to get that 1k rebate. You dont have to have the mb, bmw or lexus registered under your name as long as you live in the same house. Thats.what i was told.
    Great information biggoofyjj. Thanks for sharing.

Car_man
    Host
  • hooli88hooli88 Posts: 4
    Appreciate the info, CarMan.

I just found out that the Prestige package on the 2014 models will contain all of the options I was going to add to the Prem + package. As such, can you please provide the money factor and residual value for a 2014 Prestige, 36 months/12,000 miles (last request, I promise).

Thanks again.
    You're welcome hooli88. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 A5 Coupe Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00142 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • nshah3nshah3 Posts: 1
    Hey Carman,
    I am looking at an a5 lease and trying to roll everything into my monthly payments..
    The best deal I have going is on an a5 (2014) premium with lightening package (convenience pkg is included now)

With all fees and NY taxes rolled in I am getting 504/month with 1400 out of pocket

Is that a good deal (ideally I want to be under 500 with nothing out of pocket)

Neel
  • thor66thor66 Posts: 5
    Carman, Carman, where art thou?

This seems so fishy, I wonder if I am missing something. Live in Florida. Got a quote on a lease. The sheet they gave has a "sales tax" at $2,9853 (36 month lease). I know that tax is paid monthly. They list this sales tax" as "County discretionary surtax, finance tax, service tax, service tax county, pool boy tax (Ok. Maybe not the last one, but I have not read the fine print yet.)

This is absurd, right?

Also, I believe the current Audi money factor is .00142 and the residual is 53%.

Thanx.
  • pool14pool14 Posts: 2
    I lease a 2011 a5 cab prem for $600 per month (36 mo). Gross Cap Cost of 47,816. Cap cost reduction of $2400 plus $1200 add'l at clossing. Residual value of 28,482. Included $750 for service plan. Plan to lease 2014 prem. Gross Cap Cost of $47,159. $1400 at closing. $1000 loyalty rebate. No service plan. Residual value of $24,888(?). Same dealer is asking $603.80 for 39 months. Is this a fair price? Seems high to me. Thanks
    Hi thor66. Unfortunately, I am not personally all that familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in Florida. You might be able to find out more information on this subject by visiting one of the following links:

Florida Department of Revenue Sales Tax

Florida Department of Revenue Sales Tax 2

Car_man
    Host
  • zahjahzahjah Posts: 1
    being shown a 39 month one pay lease of $ 34,788 with an $800 incentive netting $33,988

sticker $ 55,095 discounted $1,570 making adjusted sticker $53,525 + audi care $820

what should the residual % be for this car?

would appreciate any feedback on this deal--

thanks
This discussion has been closed.