Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A5 Lease Questions

191011121315»

Comments

• giphigiphi Member Posts: 2
    Car_Man et al. Please help me choose if this is a good deal. (hot, warm, cold??)
    Below is the profile of the A5 I am interested. I love this color though I don't care much about Navigation.

2013 A5 2.0T COUPE QUATTRO TIPTRONIC
    Exterior Color: DAYTONA GRAY PEARL EFFECT
    Interior Color: S LINE BLACK

Options:
    CALIFORNIA EMISSIONS
    AUDI ADVANCED KEY
    WITHOUT FRONT LICENSE PLATE HOLDER
    BANG & OLUFSEN SOUND SYSTEM
    AUDI CONNECT
    IPOD CABLE FOR AUDI MUSIC INTERFACE - NO CHARGE
    AUDI MMI NAVIGATION PLUS PACKAGE
    PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE
    S LINE COMPETITION PACKAGE

Quoted Price: 48, 548 (MSRP: 52,720)
    12K miles per year, 3K down
    (requested the dealership to use top-line credit rate to come up with numbers)

asking $595 plus tax (per month)

Please let me know if this is a ok/good/great/steal deal??
    I am not brand loyal yet, hence having difficulty deciding. Thank you guys.
  • ydolydol Member Posts: 12
    hi giphi, using edmunds price with true market value, the invoice is $49k so quoted price below invoice, with $3k down, I estimated net cap cost $46k (please check any fees associated with it) and based on the 51% residual, 0.0041 MF, 36 mo (please confirm with dealer) the lease price is around $570 + tax (might be higher depend on net cap cost). Not a bad deal, have you compare with few other dealership. I'd suggest to compare with Audi Las Vegas where I recently purchased A4 & Q5. Good Luck!
  • giphigiphi Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for the info. Appreciate this very much. I pulled the trigger on this one after they tweaked it a lil bit

Selling price - 48400
    The guy told me the Invoice Price is $49,548

610 (including tax) - I got the Audi Care which made it about 626 monthly (all included)
    The residual was 54% (if i am not mistaken)
    Also, the Daytona Gray was very tough to find on a A5
    The car just got into the port and waiting for delivery.

Shall post if there are any 'surprises'. Thanks again.
  • yao2yao2 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car Man,
    I have read some of the other posts and I must say Sir, you give superlative advice. I need some help in this deal and I am sure you can help me. The specs I am being offered in Washington PA and WV are:

Audi 2013 Premium plus-money factor of 0.0011
    Residual value of $23,737 with an MSRP $46545 and a selling price of $44900.
    With $3000 down I am being offered a lease of $636 for 15,000 miles a year for 36 months. Audi have also offered to cover the first months payment.

I feel this is a tad expensive and I know my FICO score is 750+.
    Could you please enlighten me as to what I should be paying so I can get these chaps to be more reasonable?
    Appreciate yours and any other forthcoming constructive advice and help. :shades:

Cheers
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome biggoofyjj. I'm looking forward to hearing how everything turns out.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi giphi. The selling price that you were quoted looks great. Just make sure that the dealer uses Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00067 (for top tier customers) to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the kind words yao2 :shades: .

Is this a Coupe or a Convertible? I'm guessing a Coupe. The dealer invoice price of this car is probably around $43,350. If that is indeed the case, then the selling price that you were quoted is probably around $1,500 over invoice. I can't say that I am intimately familiar with what the market is like for the A5 right now, it's not a very high volume vehicle. I have however seen deals that are closer to invoice mentioned here in this discussion. You may want to see if you can haggle a little more.

Also, if you currently own an Audi, BMW, Mercedes or Lexus vehicle you are eligible for a $1,000 cash incentive on this car. That would help.

Another aspect of this deal that looks a little high is the money factor. Audi Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for this model is .00067 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Make sure to try to get the dealer to use the buy rate to calculate your payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • car112car112 Member Posts: 4
    Dear car man,
    I have been getting numbers from several dealers in DC/NoVa area, and have been pretty similar in their offers. based on what I am reading from this forum, it seems far off from invoice, even with Military and Am Ex discount. I don't how to negotiate... (my parents own a Lexus, could I get a cash incentive on that...if so, how does that work)

Could u help please? And tell me if these are bad deal....

Selling price 44,861
    Doc fee 199
    Tax 1351.8o
    Non tax fees 76.75
    TOTAL: 46,488.55

lease payments
    53% residual 36 mos: if O down ---> $698
    If 1,500 down--->$653
    if 3000 down, --->$609

security deposit: 3k

Thank you!!!
  • hooli88hooli88 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_Man,

Can you please provide June's money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Premium Plus with 12,000 miles. Also, will it be the same for a 2014 A5 Premium Plus?

Thanks for the help!
    Hi car112. There is a $1,000 cash incentive on this car for current Lexus owners, but I suspect that the vehicle has to be in your name, not your parents.

What is this car's MSRP? That will give me something to compare the selling price that you were quoted to.

Car_man
    Host
    Here's the information that you're looking for, hooli88. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 A5 Coupe Premium Plus with 12,000 miles per year are .00067 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2014 model are .00142 and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
  • biggoofyjjbiggoofyjj Member Posts: 5
    for that 1k rebate, i used my insurance card that shows i was the registered driver of my moms bmw. That worked fine. They also told me i just have to register to the same address the bmw mb or lexus is registered to in order to get that 1k rebate. You dont have to have the mb, bmw or lexus registered under your name as long as you live in the same house. Thats.what i was told.
    Great information biggoofyjj. Thanks for sharing.

Car_man
    Host
  • hooli88hooli88 Member Posts: 4
    Appreciate the info, CarMan.

I just found out that the Prestige package on the 2014 models will contain all of the options I was going to add to the Prem + package. As such, can you please provide the money factor and residual value for a 2014 Prestige, 36 months/12,000 miles (last request, I promise).

Thanks again.
    You're welcome hooli88. Audi Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2014 A5 Coupe Prestige with 12,000 miles per year are .00142 and 53% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • nshah3nshah3 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Carman,
    I am looking at an a5 lease and trying to roll everything into my monthly payments..
    The best deal I have going is on an a5 (2014) premium with lightening package (convenience pkg is included now)

With all fees and NY taxes rolled in I am getting 504/month with 1400 out of pocket

Is that a good deal (ideally I want to be under 500 with nothing out of pocket)

Neel
  • thor66thor66 Member Posts: 5
    Carman, Carman, where art thou?

This seems so fishy, I wonder if I am missing something. Live in Florida. Got a quote on a lease. The sheet they gave has a "sales tax" at $2,9853 (36 month lease). I know that tax is paid monthly. They list this sales tax" as "County discretionary surtax, finance tax, service tax, service tax county, pool boy tax (Ok. Maybe not the last one, but I have not read the fine print yet.)

This is absurd, right?

Also, I believe the current Audi money factor is .00142 and the residual is 53%.

Thanx.
  • pool14pool14 Member Posts: 2
    I lease a 2011 a5 cab prem for $600 per month (36 mo). Gross Cap Cost of 47,816. Cap cost reduction of $2400 plus $1200 add'l at clossing. Residual value of 28,482. Included $750 for service plan. Plan to lease 2014 prem. Gross Cap Cost of $47,159. $1400 at closing. $1000 loyalty rebate. No service plan. Residual value of $24,888(?). Same dealer is asking $603.80 for 39 months. Is this a fair price? Seems high to me. Thanks
    Hi thor66. Unfortunately, I am not personally all that familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in Florida. You might be able to find out more information on this subject by visiting one of the following links:

Florida Department of Revenue Sales Tax

Florida Department of Revenue Sales Tax 2

Car_man
    Host
  • zahjahzahjah Member Posts: 1
    being shown a 39 month one pay lease of $ 34,788 with an $800 incentive netting $33,988

sticker $ 55,095 discounted $1,570 making adjusted sticker $53,525 + audi care $820

what should the residual % be for this car?

would appreciate any feedback on this deal--

thanks
  • sms22383sms22383 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a Audi A5 Coupe Prestige Package. Can you please provide the money factor and residual value for 15,000 miles/year?
  • aja150aja150 Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2013
    Hello CarMan - I am looking to understand what the current residual and money factor is on both a 2013 and 2014 A5 and S5. There are basically 4 cars on the lot here at the Chicago audi dealership and I want to calculate what would be the best value for me at this time.

Looking at 10K miles per year please. Thanks.
  • tennisjontennisjon Member Posts: 3
    This is my second lease, but first Audi. Is 2013 Audi A5 premium plus auto with nav, wood, upgraded stereo, advanced key...$49200 sticker...$541/mo with $2000 out of pocket for 36 mo. and 12k mi/yr. a good price? Its $25 more per month than the 2014 A4 they were trying to sell me with s-line instead of stereo upgrade. What do you think?
  • liquorgodliquorgod Member Posts: 1
    WHAT DEALERSHIP ARE YOU GETTING THIS INSANE DEAL FROM!
    DCH Milburn Audi. Do you think I did well?
  • pool14pool14 Member Posts: 2
    I think you did fine. The same dealer offered me a rate of $600 a month plus
    plus $1400 at closing for a 2014 A5 Cabriotlet, prem pkg with the lights. At this time, i'm still undecided.
    That's a pretty good tradeoff....2014 vs. my 2013 and a convertible for only $60 more per month
  • dcmaniacdcmaniac Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone happen to know the current residual and money factor on a 2014 A5 P+ coupe (auto) for a 36 month, 10k mi./yr lease? Dealer is telling me its 58% and 0.00182, but that seems off to me.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    .00142 and 58%..

If you are top tier credit, they are marking up the money factor... which is typical...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• popeurbanpopeurban Member Posts: 1
    Just did this deal: 2013 Audi A5 Coupe (Premium Plus, MMI Navigation Plus, Advanced Key, Audi Guard Wheel Lock Kit, B&O Sound, Polished Exhaust Tips, Audi Care, Tint) -- $48,680 sticker. I had a trade-in with some equity (Edmunds TMV said $36,200 for trade, but I received offers above that figure). They messed around with the trade numbers to get to a reasonable monthly payment, but going in I was happy to get about $3,250 in cash out of the trade, which is the best offer I had received from any other dealership. Ended up with a $477.62 + tax payment ($514.87/mo) for 42 months with $3,250 in cash to get out the door using my prior trade offers as a baseline. I don't have the deal sheet in front of me, but the capitalized cost was just north of $44k. I believe the money factor used was .00068 and the residual value used was 50%. Let me know your thoughts on this deal.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146

Please continue in our 2014 Audi A5 Lease Questions discussion.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

This discussion has been closed.