Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet TrailBlazer Electrical Problems

Comments

• sbilinskisbilinski Member Posts: 4
    I agree indeed. I have a 2006 blazer and my drivers side window panel caught on fire a week ago (outside my warranty). This was while my whole family was in the car. None of the buttons work on the panel and it will cost another $350 for a new window motor and panel box. I have changed out the frt passenger window motor twice. What a POS!!! Lets get this to the government. I am ready!!

Steve
  • trzblzrtrzblzr Member Posts: 2
    2008 trailblazer. Have taken this in 3 times for the same problem in one year. key locks in the ignition and can't turn car off. dash lights come on, a/c stops working. First 2 under warranty, 3rd under extended warranty. Also had same problem with 2003 new trailblzer after 500 miles. Turned car off to get gas, could not start car, nor remove key from ignition. Complete computer module had to be replaced. I also had batter issues recently and didn't equate to this until I read forums. Battery died, replaced it, died again and had to have it replaced again. Of course dealer "never heard of this problem" before which I find astounding. all happen when out of town on travel, complicating the problem. Different dealer every time.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    trzblzr,
    I apologize for your experience. I would like to look into this for you.
    Can you please email me your VIN and current mileage?
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • trlblzr05trlblzr05 Member Posts: 2
    I have had literally all of the same problems except the speakers coming. This is due to the fact that my stereo went from having a tuner/cd/aux combo, to having just the tuner selection...And for no reason at all my antenna does not work on almost any channel. The antenna has never been damaged or touched in anyway. I have also had the exact same problem with my right taillight. I have replaced the same bulb 6 times since having the car.

I have also experienced window, AC, cruise control, panel and starting problems. My car once turned itself on with no key in the car and not being touched....enough said
  • trlblzr05trlblzr05 Member Posts: 2
    I have had my trailblazer since late 2005 and I have had problems since day one. The day I took it off the lot I had to return because the stereo did not work; it has been downhill since.

I have had numerous problems with my Trailblazer with most centering around electrical isssues. Although I have had mysterious mechanical issues with the vehicle, these electrical problems are out of hand. Here is a short list of the issues:

- Cruise Control will be intermittently functional

- AC Power (the snowflake button) will flash then turn off, the blower does not work at all speeds and the climate control for the car also just flashes and turns off

-The driver side window panel lost all lights

-The right tail light bulb has been replaced 6 times since I have owned it ( Ive replaced two other bulbs TOTAL to the rest of my car)

-Antenna does not work despite never being taken out or damaged in any way

-CD player went from having a Tuner, CD and an AUX setting. The AUX option one day disappeared and is no longer an option. I could live with that until the CD player now won't work. It keeps the CD in the player and is no longer even a selectable option. This wouldn't be so horrible if my antenna worked. Instead, I drive 30 hours a week in silence or play things through my phone.

-I had to jump my car and the battery began smoking heavily (yes I checked to make sure the terminals were attached correctly). I naturally removed the cables, but now I was unable to retrieve my key. After troubleshooting I was able to get the key out which I was very happy about....until my trailblazer for no reason at all, with not one person or even the key in the ignition, started itself...yes people my car started itself without me touching it, being inside of it, not having a key in it and not being locked to the start position....I jumped in managed to get the key in and turn the car off. Of course now I was unable to get the key out again..I had it towed to the dealer and had to get a new battery.

-A mechanical issue I felt needed addressing was some mystery problem with my front axle or something in my wheel wells. Whenever I would make a hard turn left or right, the vehicle would sound like metal was banging into each other. It was loud enough for people to notice along a busy street, so I know I wasn't over reacting. I had my car into the same dealer 5 times. They gave me an entire new front end, problem still there. They replaced the bearings on each side, problem still there. This list could go on, but in the end it was never truly fixed. They switched my front left tire with my front right tire...that was it..not what I would call a solution...

I also had my brake pads and calipers replaced because I was having a lot of squeaking and my brake pedal squeaks when pressed. Upon having the linkage looked at and having these new brakes I was excited until I pulled out the lot and they squeaked, loudly enough for the mechanic to stick his head around the corner. I waited a week or so before to see if it was just wearing in, but eventually returned the car and got another new set of pads/calipers and to my dismay my car still squeaks. I was told "ya know some pads and caliper sets just dont match quite right"....Wow.

I recently went to a Chevy dealer to inquire about what I could do for my electrical problems stated above....well...according to them I would need an entirely new stereo, a new AC control Unit and a new Thermostat because for no reason at all mine decided to stay stuck open..permanently. All at a low cost of $2500 !! Um, no.

Sorry for the ramble, but I believe all of us who have purchased a vehicle don't deserve to go through these types of issues. No car owner should ever have multiple situations where a mechanic flat out tells you I have no idea what's wrong but we can try a few things !" Well at a grand total of $2500 I think not. Before visiting this forum I thought my problems were unique to my vehicle, but after reading about all these other people who are having the EXACT same problems as I am, Chevy needs to step and do something. I know I have come out of pocket for this vehicle for probably close to half the original value. I should have cut my losses and moved on long ago.

Any suggestions on how to maybe get my cd player working at least would be helpful. Driving around in silence in Bay Area traffic is enough to drive a man crazy.

Many Thanks in Advance.
    trlblzr05,

By chance, have you contacted GM Customer Assistance?

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to interview anyone with a GM vehicle that doesn't seem to accurately read fuel levels.

Please email pr@edmunds.com Friday, April 29, 2011 to share your story.
  • missin2soxmissin2sox Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 trailblazer and the service stab.trk light has come on for the third time we have had the steering postioning sensor replaced twice each time this happens we also lose heat and air. Now the first time i could accept it but the second and third is a little hard to accept that I am agian going to have to shell out over 800.00 for this sensor and another 100.00 to have a heater core flush and this is all in less than 2 yrs. Is anyone else having the same kind of problem?
  • burdawgburdawg Member Posts: 1,524
    I think you need to take it somewhere else for diagnosis. Those functions aren't related directly, and I don't see how "flushing" the heater core is a reasonable repair for what you describe. A heater core flush would only be done if the core was clogged with corrosion, highly doubtful for your situation. If those things are all happening at the same time I'd look to an electrical or control problem that is related to both. It MAY be just as simple as a worn ignition switch.
    missin2sox,

Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • brkdwntrlblzrbrkdwntrlblzr Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2004 tb in October used, this has been the worst decision I have made in a long time. The first problem I had with it was 4 days after I bought it. It would not crank, replaced the battery and it did fine. Then, in January, we had lots of ice on the car so I went and cranked to let it warm up and thaw out. When my children and I went to get in it was locked tight. Next, it would not start again, no power to fuel pump. Left it alone for a day and it started working fine. Now it stalled on me and my 3 children while driving. We were able to pull off the road but it would not start. So my husband got it on a trailer and pulled it home. He switched the fuel pump relay and the washer relay (which did not work either) and it cranked right up and the washer started working. This is really becoming a pain. If anyone has a solution please let me know. :lemon: :mad:
  • 1960melody1960melody Member Posts: 1
    whatever was the problem? I have the same exact trouble.
  • rhonsinger7395rhonsinger7395 Member Posts: 1
    I am also having many of these problems. How can I contact you with my information and what can you do for me. My car wont start if it sets for 2 days or more. Airbag light occasionally comes on. Mechanic said on-star was pulling from battery so he unhooked that got a new battery and it happened again about a month later. Cruise control stopped working for a while the other day. The seatbelt light flashes when I have my seatbelt on. I have gone through many batteries and a lot of stress
    rhonsinger7395,

I would be happy to assist in setting up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to start the process I will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN, current mileage and the involved dealership sent to me in an email. Also, could you please provide a brief description of the problems you are currently experiencing?

Thank you,
  • juicewaynejuicewayne Member Posts: 1
    How do I get help, I am having all kinds of crazy electrical problems with my 2007 Trailblazer
  • 2006trail2006trail Member Posts: 1
    I had similar problems with strange intermittent electrical issues including airbag light on rear view mirror flickering (i forget the other issues) and then the car wouldn't start. Towed it to dealer and they replaced the ignition starter block. They said they had seen this before and due to the truck drawing so much power (windows, seat heaters, etc) that much carbon builds up causing the metal contacts to wear out.

After one year + no electrical issues.
    juicewayne,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Could you please email me your VIN?

To find the email address, please click on the member name (gmcustsvc).

Thank you,
  • ro04ro04 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I have a 2005 trailblazer, i have had similary problems that has already been stated. Currently I am having a problem with the drivers' side headlight and passenger side taillight. they both have been replaced with new bulbs but still is not working, preventing me from driving once night falls. Any suggestions?
    Check the sockets for corrosion and deformation due to heat. These are old problems that have been discussed a long time on this forum since the TB was introduced.
    ro04,
    If this concern continues, I would recommend having it checked out by your local GM dealer. Please keep me updated on your concerns. Have a great weekend.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • delwmontanadelwmontana Member Posts: 1
    I have an 07 TB. The heater/ ac fan and cruise control have quite working. It constantly is blowing the fuse for the a/c when it is started. The stabili trak light is constantly on and have also lost power to the passenger side window. Looking for any and all suggestions.
    Thank You
  • chc7chc7 Member Posts: 1
    My gas gauge is doing the same thing , even after a $600.00 dollar repair. Later on the local news consumer reporter did a report on this problem stating that it is a wiring problem with the fuel pump. Chevy is aware of the problem but has not done a recall.
  • firemanwifefiremanwife Member Posts: 1
    Our 2005 Trail blazer has issues, driving down the road the lights goes out, the horn has quit working, the gas gauge shows empty even when it is full and sometime the speed odometer goes to zero. Any sugestions
  • fostertwfostertw Member Posts: 1
    Please post any outcome/results you receive. I have the EXACT same issues on my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer, but it is a daily issue now - (once it starts, it can be shut down and restarted throughout the day "normally", but once it sits over night, it will not start). I go through a number of different "processes" for it to finally start - i.e. inserting key into ignition, turning to start position and holding for 60 to 90 seconds, release key to "run" position then immediately returning and holding in "start" position, vehicle will typically start within 5 to 10 seconds.
    I have had various ignition parts replaced, but problem still exists. No one can "duplicate" the problem so I troll the forums in search of a solution.
  • nutrinomannutrinoman Member Posts: 10
    Sounds exactly like the problems I was having. Turns out the problem develops when the battery is a little more than half its life time. That is, it starts a little after 2.5 years on a 5 year battery. Rplace the battery an all the problems go away. A couple of Chevy dealers could not figure out why that happens but one tested the battery and 2 out of 5 tests came back with a problem. I don't know what, if anything, the Trailblazer does to the battery but replacing it solved the problems.
  • kwooddellkwooddell Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Chevy Trailblazer EXT. I recently had to replace the whole instrument cluster panel, because the speedometer, RPM would not work. And of coarse GM did not want to take responsibility for it, even after there are thousands of people having this same issue. My fan doesnt work unless it is on level 5. To top that all off, my gas gauge still isnt working right!!! I see that they recalled them, but not for my year. I even called the Highway Safety Association and filed a complaint. I ran out of gas one day with my three kids in the car...one of whom is an infant with a heart defect that just had open heart surgery. If my son would have had a medical emergency because of his heart, I would not have been able to get him help...and GM would be paying dearly. My son has to go to the cardiologist twice a month, and I cannot even rely on my vehicle that I pay over $300 a month for. I am seriously considering getting an Attorney as well...Will not buy another GM car again :mad:
    The fan issue is probably the fan resistor. On all the settings except the highest it reduces the voltage to the fan to make it run slower. On the highest setting it gets full voltage by way of a relay. It's a simple repair and not very expensive. See http://answers.edmunds.com/question-How-do-I-replace-the-blower-motor-resistor-i- n-my-Chevy-TrailBlazer-111640.aspx
    The fuel gauge is probably the sending unit in the tank. Our 02 has the same issue from time to time. We have gotten into the habit of setting the trip meter to zero whenever filling the tank, and since we know about how far it will go on a full tank we know when it needs to be filled. It only acts up occasionally, it's usually fairly accurate. My Dodge Durango has the same issue, but only in extreme hot weather when the tank is full (it will register empty and set off the alarm until the level is reduced somewhat).
    Sorry about your problems. Complaining to the NHTSA won't help much since these aren't considered safety defects. Good luck with the attorney, it's probably going to cost you more than you'll ever be able to recover.
  • jay250jay250 Member Posts: 1
    I also have very similar issues with my 2003 trailblazer it rough idles in park in acceleration and at stop basically its a rough ride all the time. could it be another sensor?
  • clemtiger97clemtiger97 Member Posts: 1
    I try not to write these things mad but…After buying Fords for years; I bought A Trailblazer in 06. At 36110 miles the 5th position on the fan motor quit working. Since then I have replaced two wheel bearings, a three-hundred dollar package deal, an ignition switch (another three-hundred dollar package deal) and enough light bulbs to light up New York.

I am now faced with cascading electrical failures and burnt wiring harnesses which probably extend throughout the vehicle. My actuator/servo which selects the vents/defrost/lower air direction has both a fried wiring harness and needs a new motor. My back left turn signal needs both an electronic card (why there exists a card in the tail lights seems like poor engineering to me) and a wiring harness. To top everything off, I now have to play ignition roulette again. When I try to start the car, all the lights and other electronics come on but the SUV will not even click. After switching the car on and off 10 or 20 times it starts for the same reason it did not. There is no check engine light and my little code machine only tells me I have throttle body sensor problems (O2). My battery is less than a year old and tests fine.

The local dealership cannot tell me the root cause for the mass electrical failures but, wants to replace the electronic card/taillight harness, actuator/harness, fan motor/harness for around $1,100. I have not even gotten an estimate for whatever ignition issue which prevents me from starting the SUV. The dealership did not address the issue because they only witnessed the phenomena one time. Apparently they rolled a seven the rest of the time they tried to crank the vehicle. I am an engineer and I understand how high maintenance I can be. It is however, illogical to me to begin replacing hundreds of dollars’ worth of electrical parts which may burn up as fast the previous parts. Call me crazy.

Has anyone else had these sorts of issues with an 06 Trailblazer? Since I am on my own apparently, can anyone give me a lead on the potential cause of my problems? My instinct tells me to begin looking around the main fuse area first but, I have a feeling many of the wires and harnesses will have the same burnt look. This SUV has less than 70,000 miles and should have lots of life left.
    Thank you in advance for your help
  • blaizer2005blaizer2005 Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    I recently was in an accident where someone cut in front of my 2005 trailblazer (Hit the car head on)...The passenger light went out... no broken glass, then I reached in and pulled the rubber cover where the bulb is,...touched the bulb connection, and wala, the light now works. But now when I go to start the car, sometimes it just starts, and sometimes I get it to turn over once, but it it won't start. A quick jump gets it going. It could go for a week and no problems starting, but all of a sudden, it needs another jump. Forgot to mention, sometimes that Lamp needs a bang on the front to light and it goes back on again too. Does it sound like the accident caused a short from the Lamp, sucking the juice out of the battery sometimes, and making it time to have to jump the car again? (an electrical problem?) Could the socket be bad now that I fiddled with it to get it to light up?, and need replaced (the socket)? Oh yeah the rubber cap is now missing as if it was jarred loose when I placed it back on and is not covering the light bulb housing anymore. PLEASE HELP! I've jumped this car 25 times in the last 4 weeks. By the way the guy who hit me did not have insurance. Trying to avoid an uninsured deductible of $1K...Thanks...look forward to answers
  • nuttybuckeyenuttybuckeye Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 TB speakers and chime only work when temp is ove 85 degrees. Has anyone got a cure for this. The passenger front speakers is the only one working.
  • trailblazer1trailblazer1 Member Posts: 18
    Yours too?....And I thought I was the only TB owner who had the problem with my front (driver side) speaker not working. People probably think were nuts, but its true! The speaker(s) only come on when the temperature inside the vehicle gets extremely hot.(over 90 degrees) or in winter when it gets extremely cold. in Texas that would be 40 degrees..hahaha!

Like you I'd be anxious to know if other 2002 TB owners have this same speaker problem.
  • rccola1rccola1 Member Posts: 1
    I just noticed that my onstar speaker (located in the ceiling) doesn't work and neither does the door chime. How can I fix this? What could be wrong? These are factory installed.
  • greyusergreyuser Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Trailblazer EXT LT and over the weekend, the Engine light came on. It was running fine and then all of a sudden the light came on and the car started to run a little rough. I called OnStar for the code and it came back as a P0300.

I took it in to my mechanic who had the following to say:

No compression in Number 4 Cylinder..
    Check engine misfire in number 4 cylinder..
    Pulled it and there was oil.. contaminated with oil and carbon build up.
    Number 4 spark plug wire is shorted out.

No oil was showing on dipstick. Only 2 quarts of oil came out of it.
    No leaks.
    Only minor leak from oil pan. No other external leaks. So there's a question as to where the oil is going.

Ticking noise coming from engine.

The recommendation was to Pull Cylinder heads - take to machine tests to have them pressured
    tested and certified.

The first repair would be $2345 and would include:
    Head Gasket Set
    Head Bolt $50/set
    coolant
    Oil
    Oil Filter
    Thermostat
    And spark plug

If this doesn't repair the problem and oil is getting past the rings it could be an engine re-build which would be about $3100 for Labor and $4000 for the rebuild (Factory Longboard?) The car has 107,000 miles on it.

So.. if its the worst case and I have to have the engine re-built and adding on the first repair, it would be a total of about $9000 -$1000.. which is on top of a repair I had a few months ago for a Throttle Body Replacement.

I admittedly know nothing about cars and some people are telling me that the amounts being charged by my mechanic are outrageous and they're taking advantage of me. Being that I don't know much about cars, I don't know if this is true or not. I've used them for over 10 years and in the past they didn't recommend work that another mechanic did, so I thought they were trustworthy.

Does anyone have any advice? I just really want to know if the pricing sounds fair or if they're ripping me off. And I just don't know if $10,000 is worth keeping the car or if I should just get rid of it. Any advice would be great.
  • staceyrowandstaceyrowand Member Posts: 1
    I have had Chevy Trailblazer problems from day one also. Its pretty sad when you can call a CHEVY DEALERSHIP SERVICE DEPARTMENT and tell them you have a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer and they can tell you what you are experiencing before you tell them!! The fuel gauge had to be fixed and we only get $138 for reimbursement? Really because while it was there they also had to replace the computer because the car would keep shutting off which everything together cost $1900. WTH well after getting it home the engine light came on again (BIG SURPRISE) I took it back to a CHEVY dealer and they assured me it was okay that it was a common problem with all trailblazers. (Something about there is condensation and until Chevy finds a way to fix it then it will keep happening unless I want to put a lot more money in it. Eventually there may be a recall!) They didnt even seem to want to fix it. Well Guess what, the air conditioner has quit working, and when driving the vechile it sounds like the transmission or something is going to fall out. I have three small children and will not even let them in this car, also my husband will not either (Pretty sad huh?) When I experienced the first problem, second problem I called Chevy inquiring about the lemon law. I was told that no other trailblazers have any issue. Seriously because I have almost what the vechile (what I bought it for, I dont want to say what its worth because I wouldnt pay $5.00 for this vechile again or any CHEVY) in it in parts and labor. Seems I am not the only customer that is expereincing the same issues! I think we as Chevy customers should do something to get back what we deserve. Does anyone know how to go about this? Very interested. Seems like this vechile is like clock work every three months it is in the garage. And I do mean EVERY THREE MONTHS!
  • frzdawnfrzdawn Member Posts: 15
    i understand what you mean i have a chevy 04 and since i had this car it has had many problems at one time i did take it in for a oil change and i was there for hours because the computer died i have replaced almost every part in this truck will never get another whole truck should be recalled ..... :sick:
  • christiana1223christiana1223 Member Posts: 2
    hi we are having the same exact issue the car will be fine and bam it will just shut off everything will be off the radio everything .. we took it to a machanic and they said they had no idea what was wrong .. do you have an idea ? this is super dangerous especially since we have a newborn baby in the car and this has happened on the freeway at full speed way scary .. what did they say was wrong and is it covered by chevy dealership ? please let me know ... Christiana1223@yahoo.com
    THANK YOU
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Christiana1223 (and staceyrowand),

I've read your post(s) and am very sorry to hear about this situation. If you're interested, we can further investigate this and hopefully help you work with your dealership towards resolving this concern. Please email us your name/username, contact information, the last 8 digits in your VIN, and your involved dealership.

Thank you,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • tblazer2tblazer2 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer. When I am driving the headlights just shut off. It is very scarry because I have a newborn and a 2 year old in the car with me. Chevy should recall this vehicle before anyone gets killed. Also the gas guague show Empty all the time even when it is completly full. And I just spent $800 to have a water pump changed. This is a money pit, I was raised in a GM family and am sorry I ever bought this car. I bought it new and have been the only owner and taken very good care of it.
  • trailblazer1trailblazer1 Member Posts: 18
    TBlazer2

Yes indeed. A very common problem with many TB's. Low beam all of sudden just decide to quit and your left in the dark (sorry for the pun).
    High Beams will work as a backup, but it is a serious issue. I can go months without any headlight problems then out of the clear blue, whamo!
    Past threads say to replace a couple of fuses. Sorry about your other problems.

Love my 02 TB which I've had for 10 years and have put on 312,000 miles.
    Knock on wood she runs and looks great. With some repairs required because of the age of the vehicle, I change all fluids on a regular basis and wax her to death.

TBlazer1
  • fj4072fj4072 Member Posts: 29
    The headlight problem is actually a relay problem, it's a $40 part 15 seconds to replace. The gas gauge is either the little tiny stepper motor on the back of it or it's your ignition switch, not the one the key goes into. Both are very inexpensive and easy to replace. $800 for a waterpump? Wow, find a new mechanic, that's wayyyyy too much.
  • christiana1223christiana1223 Member Posts: 2
    yes the entire car shuts off on us mid drive and we just replaced the water pump as well .. and the dealership acts like they have no clue what im talking about they want 80 just to diagnose it .. what the heck how is it my fault that the parts are faulty they should be paying us for putting us and our families at risk .. it's like another tayota issue
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    I see that you're already getting some great feedback from other posters. If we can be of any service (looking into warranty/recall information, or helping work with a dealership towards resolving a concern), please don't hesitate to get in contact via email.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • frustrated56frustrated56 Member Posts: 1
    02 tb w/same prob. FIXED!!!!!! cone in speaker was blown, replaced speaker. DONE.
  • cjbellvillecjbellville Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer. I have been having problems with my driver side running light for the last 6 months or so. I get it fixed and it always dies out after two weeks. I want you to know this so you will understand there is a wiring issue. Yesterday while I was at a light, I turned the engine off, as I do when my reduce power light comes on, to reset it, I can not remember if I put it in park first, I do this this turning the engine off because of the fan assembly causing the reduce engine power to kick in and turning the car off usually re-sets it. Well unfortunately when I went to re-start the car, nothing, couldn't even turn the key, move my gear-shift, locked completely. A man stopped to help me jump my car, nothing, he then hooked the red jumper to the fuse box, I got power back again, battery gauge listed fine, key would turn, but the engine would not start, I got the clicking, and hum of fuel pump just would not turn over engine, when he removed the cable, locked again, nothing, I had to get the car towed, and I have no idea what to do now. The battery is less than 8 months old, replaced fuel pump less than a year ago, trannie has been replaced 2years ago, if that helps. I did get a blown fuse in the back seat fuse box the night before, the fuse sparked (Rear fog)when I tried to replace it so I just left it blank. Any suggestions would help I have spent all day researching, I can't afford too much, just got laid off, and lost my place, I am staying at a remote 2nd house of a friend, my car is all I got, please help, thanks!
  • diagmasterdiagmaster Member Posts: 2
    If the low beams are inop try swapping the relays for the cooling fan into the low beam circuit. I have found that this is a common issue on GM's that use the same system as your trailblazer does. If you look under the hood on driver side of engine compartment you will ssee te fuse block. I belive its relay #45 that controls the cooling fan and relay #46 that controls the daytime running light module. Swap these to relays if the lights come on you know its the relay thats faulty. Keep in mind that you DO NOT want to leave the relays swaped becuase now your cooling fan will not work and engine couls over heat.
  • diagmasterdiagmaster Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like you have way too many problems. Chances are its not all related to one issue. My advice to you....Get a new truck!!
  • nanajanananajana Member Posts: 1
    When I have the hatch door open on my 2003 TB, I hear a constant clicking noise. This has been occurring for a few weeks, and lately I have intermittent electrical problems such as the rear wipers not working, and radio shuts off, windows do not operate, and all dash lights go on. Any one else experience this?
  • ck27ck27 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 02 TB I travel in it for a living I have 225a thousand right now to the guy with the head light problem that keeps blowing bulbs go under your hood open your relay fuse panel you will see four Crome bolts make sure they are tire if you dont it just gets worse under that box is your wire harness the bolts is what keeps it tight if you dont fix it your trailblazer could do what mine was all my wire harnesses came loose I started replacing fuel pump light it was very crazy because if you take a test light to the box you have power but what you dont relize is that off the battery it goes right to fuse panel so you always have hot power on box anyways just tightened up your box I hope I help you out
  • alessandra1alessandra1 Member Posts: 1
    Anyone aware of any electrical problems with the 2006 chevy trailblazer? I just replaced the battery 3 weeks ago because it would not start/crank/anything. This morning... same thing again! So frustrating. It ran without any problems yesterday, and all of the sudden, nothing. I can't have a non-reliable car... next time this happens, I'm selling it and buying a German car like I should have... all along...