Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 - 2010 Nissan Murano

Comments

• goateegoatee Member Posts: 51
    Yikes!! I guess beauty is really in the eyes of the beholder. I was expecting something better than this.
  • jmpage2jmpage2 Member Posts: 268
    Waaah. All I hear are complaints. It's still a very classy looking car and the mild aesthetic improvements will likely be more striking in person than in photos.

The Rogue looked "awful" in photos but looks quite good in person.

You guys are far too harsh.

This is going to sell like hot cakes, especially if Nissan doesn't substantially increase the pricing. One of the key things they've done is seriously beef up the features to surpass what current $35K competitors are doing in the crossover segment;

1. New 70% rear differential power with new CVT transmission.

2. Heated, telescoping steering wheel available

3. Bluetooth touch screen navigation and POWER rear folding seats available. New touchscreen AND voice navigation with rear view camera available.

4. Power rear hatch available.

5. Heated front AND rear seats. The Acura MDX with this feature costs $47K.

6. Xenons now available along with standard LED rear lamps.

7. Traction control and stability track now standard.

The Murano is packing a LOT for under $40K. I can't wait to see final option pricing.
  • stacyshousestacyshouse Member Posts: 7
    I saw the New Murano on the Nissan website today "nissan motors.com"
    They have specs and photos of the 2009 Murano. Pretty nice. MP3 jack this year and bluetooth. wish they had done that last year when I bought mine
    www.nissanmotors.com has a nice flash site covering many of the new Murano features. No pricing yet, but they will have to release that info soon if these are going to be at dealers in 8 weeks.

My own personal prediction is that fully loaded, the top of the line model will sticker for $37K which will include all the goodies, including the new panoramic moon roof, front/rear heated seats, 20 inch rims, MP3 jukebox with iPod hook up, etc, etc, etc.

If it does sticker around $37K we will use our VIP discount to get one for slightly over invoice next spring.
  • achadha1achadha1 Member Posts: 65
    I just priced out a 2007 with all options and it priced out at 41k I am thinking with all the new gadgets the 2009 will push up to 43k which is in MDX territory. That would not be good for Nissan since Acura offers a better warranty and better service along with 3 row seating. The murano has some features not on the MDX such as the hard drive and bird's eye view NAV and bigger entertainment screen but I would probably go for the MDX in that price range
    this price includes all options navigation and dvd entertainment...
    When I price out Murano SE with all options it comes to just under $40K. I'm not sure about the rear DVD system. My dealer told me that they hardly ever sell Murano with those as it's not really a vehicle that is popular in that sort of soccer mom niche.

Comparitively, to get an MDX with RSE, Navi, rear heated seats, etc, is $48K. Still quite a bit more and the MDX lacks some of the new features such as keyless entry/starting, heated steering wheel, dual pane moonroof with power shades, power up rear seats, etc. Murano also gets substantially better gas mileage than MDX.

I think that MDX and Murano are sort of in two seperate segments. RDX is probably a closer Murano competitor as it goes for $37K sticker with the Nav/Tech package.
    i am currently in a 2003 Murano i purchased back in feb of 2003. I lov the car overall and am looking to get into something new soon. The mdx is a nice car and all, but the price is just too steep for me. If the murano can stay under 40k new I will definitely get it or maybe get a one year old MDX for around 39k if i am lucky. I cant seem to find anything else to my liking. The Pilot will not be coming until next summer, the Highlander is just too boring looking and I won't even look at non Japanese. Looking at the Murano there are many changes to the interior that I love but the exterior looks too close to the second. If i pulled up to a friends place and bought the same color 2009 Murano would they be able to tell the difference?
    any word on gas mileage for the new murano i currently am getting about 18 only on a 03..
    I wouldn't expect the new Murano to have substantially different mileage than the current model. The new Murano makes use of aluminum in the suspension which probably cuts the weight a bit, but that weight is probably gained back in all the extra gadgets found in the newer vehicle.
  • dt63944dt63944 Member Posts: 66
    Wow! What a nice set of improvements all around. The grillework, while revised, didn't mess up an already-original style, going from vertical to horizontal taillights seems to be the trend and that's the only change I don't think was necessary. Inside and out, enough good reasons to swing a new set of buyer Nissan's way. I like the fact that, except for the taillights in my opinion, they didn't mess up what wasn't broken. Can't ask for much more than that.
  • akubikakubik Member Posts: 20
    I'm in the same boat as you. MDX are selling near invoice. A base, which comes pretty loaded (leather, better AWD, bluetooth, 7 pass, zenon lamps, 300HP) is about $37k. I had a dealer in San Diego quote me $750 over invoice on a base 2008 MDX after one email, I'm sure he'd go down to invoice. It is a very competitive segment. The Murano is nice, but the MDX has more panache (if status works into your equation, and it does for most people spending over 30K on a vehicle, the Murano is to paralegal, as the MDX is to lawyer.

They both take premium gas, so its going to be a very close call. The grill on the Murano looks like cheap plastic, like the last model, where as on the MDX it is made of sturdy metal. Little things like that add up to make the MDX an overall better value in my opinion.

The Murano might have a better price after you add NAV and DVD, but 99% of people don't need that, and overpay dealy for it. THink about it, you're going to spend an extra $2000 for a 9" screen in your car when you can buy a 50" plasma HD screen for you house or office for the same money. Unless you are a realtor or salesman, how often do you think you really need the NAV. The engine, transmission, warranty, safety, and fuel economy count most for me.
  • nadaflorilornadaflorilor Member Posts: 2
    i need a VIP discount !!!how did you became a VIP with NISSAN??
    Your company has to have an affiliate program with Nissan for purchase. There's no other way to get VIP, although people have in the past abused the VIP program and given VIP information to others, who were not part of VIP.

Sometimes you can get very close to VIP pricing by going through an auto broker, or even through Costco's vehicle purchase program.
  • homeounerhomeouner Member Posts: 145
    Hello all posters: With the 09 M O s almost here at the dealers here is my wish list: Get rid of that Harley D dash W/ its cheap looking gages, use block letters for all of the digital screen, easier steering in and at parking lot speeds softer ride, a not so noisy ride too much tire noise, the CTV will bring a lot of heart ache,after five years not many independent trans repair will work on them, go to a 5 or 6 speed tranny, Ford dropped theirs (CTV) on the new (500) Torus this year. get the rear sest cup holder off of the floor, auto lift rear hatch door.
    Sounds like you are looking for a Highlander.

2009 is going to have firmer steering and a slightly firmer ride as it's angled towards those who need the room/utility of a crossover but would prefer to drive a sports sedan.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It pains me a bit to retitle this from 2008 Nissan Murano, but if there's not going to be one....
  • jimmy2xjimmy2x Member Posts: 124
    Now you have two threads with the same title
    Merging the threads would appear to be in order.
    Thanks Jimmy - I just saw the brochure one last night.

Ok, we'll combine the whole shebang, and since '09 is a whole year away, this topic should enjoy a nice long life.

We may have to start a new discussion called "Why Isn't There a 2008 Murano?" :sick:
  • jimmy2xjimmy2x Member Posts: 124
    It is my understanding that pricing is due by Jan 4, and these will be available for purchase very soon.
  • tncarmantncarman Member Posts: 82
    I spotted this in the parking lot of a local grocery store in Nashville, TN. Its a '09 Nissan Murano with alot of body work and covered in duct tape. Maybe its an SE-R or Nismo model?

Heres a pic:image

For more go to http://stopaction.smugmug.com/gallery/4086042#238096849
  • kramgkramg Member Posts: 7
    I just noticed that they recommend unleaded premium in the new Murano vs. Unleaded regular in the earlier Muranos.

In addition, you cannot get the 2-Driver Memory unless you get the LE. It appears as though the memory is not even available as an option on the SL model.

I am not a happy camper about either of the two above.
  • clarencehollowclarencehollow Member Posts: 60
    Like the Lexus RX 330!? Pricing on the 2009's will be similar to the 2007's. An AWD S should be in the 30K range - that's awesome. Memory is not that a huge deal for most of the Murano's customers, and you can't please everyone. Adding that Memory function just to have it there is stupid, and it actually isn't a cheap mod.
  • kramgkramg Member Posts: 7
    When the Murano is used by two drivers consistently I think it is a big deal. If the Murano intends to compete with the Lexus and Acura is should be available The Acura added it to their RDX model in 2008 model because of customer complaints. I was just commenting that Nissan is being cute not to offer it as an option on the SL model but saying you need the LE model to get it. I'm not sure what you mean by cheap mod ?
    Pricing was supposed to be released today, but apparently it didn't happen. My dealer had said there would be a big bump in pricing across the Murano line, not sure how substantial that will be.

I'm expecting LE AWD to be around $34K before options. Yes, it's expensive but you won't find a more loaded SUV out there at that price range that is made in Japan. The list of included features is long and impressive. Manufacturers change up their option packages all the time due to consumer demand, costs, etc.

They might have done a study that showed that most users that wanted memory seats also wanted heated leather, etc, and so they made it standard on the LE but didn't put it on the SE.

Hopefully prices release within a week or two!
  • qs933qs933 Member Posts: 302
    I can see your point with the memory seats. I really don't need AWD, but to get an LE, I don't have a choice. I also like the 20" wheels on the LE, but they are not even an option on the SL (having a large wheel option from the factory, IMHO, makes all other factory wheels look small -- even if the standard 18" wheels are relatively huge).

However, there has to be some differentiation between the model grades, so I can see why Nissan packages features the way that they do. They are not going to be able to please everyone.
    I was looking at photos on Nissan's media site, and there is a photo of a driver's door panel. It's an SL because of the aluminum trim by the window switches, but it also has buttons for the seat memory.

Photo of SL door panel

It's probably an error, given that the printed brochure shows seat memory as an LE exclusive, but still interesting nonetheless.
  • rkon01rkon01 Member Posts: 15
    I picked up a brochure for the 09 yesterday and it states in footnote 1 on the foldout out of the last page "Use regular unleaded fuel with 87 Octane. For maximum power, use premium fuel". I find this rather interesting. because the brochure list out the 2009 EPA estimates for the AWD at 18/23. To achieve these ratings they would most likely have to use Premium fuel because the other Nissan/Infiniti vehicles using the 3.5 6 cyl engine in the 2008 EPA guide uses Premium fuel and are within the same range. It is a little misleading but I'm sure other car manufactures do the same and there is some loop hole.

EPA Gas Ratings PDF Download

The dealer also told me they are expecting the first one in around Jan 16.
  • sud23sud23 Member Posts: 10
    I been checking the nissan site everyday for pricing and still nothing.i thought it was supposed to come out on Jan 4th!? The dealers keep saying it will be "any day now" when they get the cars..but nothing yet
  • romagjackromagjack Member Posts: 5
    Too bad Nissan is having to introduce pricing while the country is going into recession and there is so much competition. Maybe it will be good for the consumer who can afford it.
    The US Dollar is practically in freefall and we are pretty much already in recession noone wants to admit it though.

Nissan has to figure out how high they can price the new car without scaring off potential buyers and causing sales to plummet.

I think a lot of Americans come this time next year will have a lot more to worry about than which $30-$40K SUV to buy.
  • madmanmoomadmanmoo Member Posts: 2,039
    Yes, the sky is falling.

I think the least of our worries is pricing on the Murano. Their pricing will be the same as it was before. It will range from roughly $28k-42k. In my experience, manufacturer's don't drastically change pricing on their vehicles when introducing a new body style.

-moo
    Here it is on Nissan's PR site:

Nissan Announces Pricing on All-New 2009 Murano

Summary:

S 2WD 26,330
    SL 2WD 27,880

S AWD 27,930
    SL AWD 29,480
    LE AWD 35,910

All prices do not include tax, title, or the $745 destination charge.

The LE is above where I thought it would be -- about $36.6K including destination charge -- without any options. I was hoping for around $34K.
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
    Any 2009 Muranos at dealers yet?
    And it's cheaper than it was by $1500.

2009 Nissan Murano Starts at $27,075 (Inside Line)
  • newmedianewmedia Member Posts: 15
    wow,,

price drop on new improved murano...,never guessed.

i like see the dealer invoice..
  • tom17tom17 Member Posts: 134
    The LE with the moonroof is $37,825. Add in the NAV & DVD and it is $41,275. Definately overpriced in my mind. You can get a similarly equipped Lexus RX350 for the same money after the discounts they are offering. Maybe when Nissan starts a rebate and a big discount (like they always have on the Maxima) and the price comes down $5,000+ it will be worth it. Right now they will hold sticker with all of the leftover 07's on the lot.
    Note that the NAV and DVD are not combinable. Also the moonroof and the DVD are not combinable. Either you get the moonroof only, the moonroof (required with Nav) + Nav or the DVD.

I'd agree that the price for the LE can get close to an RX350 (which will soon have a carryover 2009 model that will be the final model year for the current generation). However, the RX350 has smaller wheels (optional 18" on the RX vs 20" on the LE) and lacks Bluetooth, an iPod interface, in-dash display and backup camera (unless you buy Nav), power fold-up and heated rear seat, and the keyless entry/ignition.

On the other hand, you get a better warranty and the luxury nameplate with the Lexus (and hopefully a premium dealership experience).

The next generation RX350 should be out in a year or so. I'm sure the next one will bring Smart Key, Bluetooth, and other features. If Lexus holds the line on pricing, it'll be an interesting comparison if you're looking at the Murano LE.
    I disagree.

The Murano LE is equipped and appointed like an Infiniti and at far below Infiniti pricing. An FX35 with slightly more power but lacking the extensive features found in the Murano LE starts at $40K for the AWD model.

By comparison at $38,000 you can get a Murano that offers Infiniti like trim level and;

Smart key with keyless ignition
    Heated front and rear seats
    CVT
    power up rear seats
    backup camera
    rear cargo organizer area
    bluetooth integration
    premium sound system
    ipod/mp3 interface with touch screen.

Etc, etc.

It's going to turn out to be one of the fairest priced near luxo cars available for 2008. We've seen the specs on the new Honda Pilot and it doesn't hold a candle to the new Murano unless you require 3rd row seating.
  • newmedianewmedia Member Posts: 15
    looks like they are now at the dealers according to their web sites.

one pretty important item that i read one motor trand test drive was

breaking from 60MPH to 0 on older Mo was 121 feet and 2009 MO is 133 feet ?

i am hoping this is fluke on the testing.. :surprise:
    I was at the dealer yesterday at lunch and looked at the LE. Sweeeet !!! Graphite Gray with Black leather. It is just as nice as my 2001 Inifiniti 1-30. We are going to another dealer today to look at the SL.
    Just came back from the test drive and all I can say is Wow !! I took out an SL with leather no DVD or Nav. It nice an spacious with plenty of leg room. I am 6 ft and I like to stretch my left leg fully extended when I drive and I can do this very comfortably. I also looked at the MDX and have scratched it off my list for that reason. It is too cramped and it does not have the leg room since they added the 3rd row seat. I am glad they did not try to squeeze the 3rd row in the MO. The seats are very comfortable with good support. The interior is real nice. The MO only has 2 cup holders in the front and there are none in the door. The sales man mentioned that you cannot copy from the compact flash drive to the hard drive based on his experience with the Armada. Does anyone know if that is true? He said that you put MP3 CD's in the player and you record. is that truw? if so WTF is up with that? RIAA? I took it out for a ride and it drives real smooth and I got on the highway and was up to 80 in a blink and did not even notice I was going that fast. I am waiting to take the LE with the Nav and I am going to put in my order !!
  • nowakj66nowakj66 Member Posts: 709
    Thanks! I got a call from my dealer too.

I am looking forward to seeing the blue and red exterior colors. Plus the iPod interface on the LE.
  • mcw08mcw08 Member Posts: 4
    Hi everyone, I am really looking to see the LE, but the dealer doesn't have LE yet, so I also test drive the SL today. This is the first time I drive a car w/ CVT. Wow, It's so smooth that I feel nothing when I speed up. The murano definitely has more leg room. The price is also good I think. I am debating now , between Infiniti EX35 and Murano LE. It's tough choice. Can anyone please give me some opinion? :confuse:

Thank you
    I agree that the CVT is real smooth. I took a look at the EX35 a few weeks ago and was dismayed at the lack of rear legroom and the trunk space. It is really Pathetic. You really should not even compare it to the Murano. I have found the Murano to have the best legroom in this segment followed by the Highlander. If you do not need to have the rear space and storage than I would look at the EX.
  • tazgirl3tazgirl3 Member Posts: 43
    I have only found base pricing. They list MSRP and Invoice but dont show a thing for invoice on options. I want to buy one but how can I when there is nothing to tell me if I am getting a good deal or not. basically dealer told me today not to expect much because its a hot new vehicle. He did say though that there are going to be good lease deals. so I guess we just have to wait.
  • mcw08mcw08 Member Posts: 4
    Rear room isn't really my big concern. I am kinda petite in size. I guess as far as for price. Obviously, the EX is cost more. I am still debating.
    If cost is your major buying criteria I would also factor in service costs. Based on my past experience of owning 2 Infiniti's the dealer does zing you on service costs. I have also found that insurance costs on my 01 I30 has always been more than my other vehicles. My wife just checked with our insurance agent because the premium is more than my 06 Ford F150. According to our agent it is a costly car to repair in an accident hence the higher costs for insurance. However, I love my I30 and we are keeping it albeit the higher costs.