Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2004 Chevy Suburban and E85 Ethanol

camocavcamocav Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I have over 48,000 miles on my vehicle and have used E85 before without any problems, but went back to 87 due to better mileage. Now, I just use E85 to clean out the water in the system now and then. Well, this last tank (last week) of E85 has caused me starting and stuttering problems. Today, I needed AAA to jump start my vehicle as my battery went dead while trying to start it. It was not cold, but once started, there was a "smoke screen" effect as I'm guess I had a bad tank of gas. Has anyone had an issue like this for an extended period of time?

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You may want to check in over at the Your E85 Flex Fuel Experience discussion and see if anyone lurking there has had problems.
  • Options
    roddoghdroddoghd Member Posts: 5
    i have a 2001 blazer that will not start after i filled up my tank and added fuel system cleaner i went through my rig with a fine tooth comb could not find the problem ,gave me no code had to take it into the shop then i drove my harley to exact same gas station unaware filled up then bam same exact problem needless to say how i feel right now i am out of vehicles off work for 3 days no way to work so in closing some people always have it worse just keep smileing
This discussion has been closed.