Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Toyota Sequoia

Comments

• snw1975snw1975 Member Posts: 16
    No doubt but now I think it will be fun to see how close the real thing comes!
  • healthnuthealthnut Member Posts: 64
    That picture is a total joke! I'm telling you it looks near identical to the older look... Nothing Tundr-like about the front end... And the 20 inch wheels are actually nicer than the lame double spoke wheels shown on that photoshop butchery!! I can't wait until you all see it and just see how similar it is to the current body style.
  • tommytgtommytg Member Posts: 15
    that photoshop was done on another board, i believe toyotanation. Basically a quick job by some guy who heard that it was going to look like the tundra...and I think it's like 6 or 8 months old.
  • mtufenkmtufenk Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the photos; they look legit. However, it still looks like a Tundra front end to me and a little front heavy overall. It also seems the third row window is smaller. Resembles the new land cruiser and highlander a bit in style.
  • kiiwiikiiwii Member Posts: 318
    Nice and conservative styling. Look like Toyota will grab many customers from GM full size SUV. Hope the pricing stays on the conservative side.
    Those are not the wheels I saw at the Miami Show, the wheels where single spoke 20 inch wheels... and looked nicer... Those pictures are much closer to what was at the show... It really looks very similar to older sequoia and Land Cruiser... I still think the pics are not quite accurate, but much closer...
  • coupedncalcoupedncal Member Posts: 252
    Could you post the pics here please? Site requires login.
    No login required. Click on the link and then click on photo gallery at the top to see the pics.
  • daallisodaalliso Member Posts: 16
    Looks pretty sweet..... :D
    I am not overly impressed with the exterior. To me the front 1/3 looks like a Tundra and the back 1/3 looks like a Sienna. I will admit the extra features are nice.
    I think it will be great and you all will enjoy it if you get it. It's a Toyota!
    I must say that I thought it would be a little bigger. I wish Toyota would also go more luxury with its Dashboards and control functions. The silver space age stuff looks kind of cheap and similiar to Nissan.
  • dc661dc661 Member Posts: 71
  • johngalt1johngalt1 Member Posts: 6
    Toyota has finally posted pictures of the new Sequioa on their website. Looks like a winner to me. I'll look forward to more detailed info in the next few days. I plan on placing my order ASAP. I think this may have been worth the wait.
    Wow that thing is getting BASHED on the autoblog site.
  • murphy70118murphy70118 Member Posts: 5
    We have been pricing a 2007 Sequoia. The one drawback has been the lack of airbags in the third row. I feel guilty having a child back there not protected. It appears that the 2008 will have air bags for all 3 rows. Now, if they would release pricing!
  • luvmy4runnerluvmy4runner Member Posts: 59
    from what i have heard it will be somewhere from the high 40's to 60k. I am going to the LA AutoShow Friday. I will find out if they will have pricing there. I understand they will be on sale before christmas
  • carnutincacarnutinca Member Posts: 35
    No pricing is shown at the LA Auto Show. Toyota dealers do have pricing and are taking orders here in So Cal
  • 4rider4rider Member Posts: 96
    " am not overly impressed with the exterior. To me the front 1/3 looks like a Tundra and the back 1/3 looks like a Sienna. I will admit the extra features are nice."

I feel the same too. The front end is too short compared to the rest of the body and that makes it more looks like a van than a suv
    We all know that this 2008 will be nothing special very soon... other than the fact it should have the reliability of Totyota... My question is are the dealers going to have an attitude if the demand > supply in December? I'd be happy to wait a few months but the reason I need one by Dec 31st (Prob dec 21st due to vacation) is tax purposes... I would still hope to get a good deal on one...

Funny but the wheels on the 2 in Miami looked better than those I've seen recently...
    If they will be up to 60 K then I think I better look into a 2007. I hear in CA there is a 4K rebate. We are in the south, so it does not help us. The prices paid forum is not that active, any suggestions on figuring out a fair price on a SR5 with leather?
    The new size of the 2008 is: 205"L x 80"W x 78"H

What is the old size again? Will someone also PLEASE let us know if Platinum can be ordered with second row BENCH, not captains chairs...
  • gananganan Member Posts: 20
    Size of 2001-2007 Sequoia was 203.9 L 78.9 W 75.8 H and 118 wheelbase. Width may include mirrors. Front track was 65.8 and rear track was 67.3.
    You should get between $8k to 10k below MSRP (including rebates) on any remaining 07 Sequoia. I purchased mine a couple of weeks ago in CA for $8.5k below MSRP. I was at somewhat of a disadvantage because there were only 2 cars in CA with the exact features I wanted. I have heard others getting $10k below MSRP.
    Yea, I just found those old sizes also... One inch Longer, One inch Wider... they call that a lot bigger??? the height is likely due to larger wheels or something... I have the 2007 as 128 cubic feet volume with both rows folded flat... Any idea on the cubic volume on the 2008 with both back rows folded flat?

2007 = 128 cubic feet cargo space 2008 = ?

also, any idea on supply vs demand for 2008 in December?
    Thanks for the help. I figure with the 2008 model change toyota probably slowed production on the 07's. The dealer we went to only had 3 on the lot. We were offered 34K for a SR5 with leather, park pilot, jbl, alloy wheels and a roof rack. I will use edmunds to see what msrp should be on the vehicle. Thank you so very much for your help. I hate the whole process!
  • regrahamregraham Member Posts: 26
    After reviewing the 2008 pictures (www.autoblog.com) it does look quite nice. Like other correspondents, I too hope the 2nd row bench is available with the Platinum model. It appears the display unit at LA had a 2nd row bench. Is it a Platinum or Limited model? I also hope all 3 interior colors will be available with all complementing colors on the Platinum, eg Sand Beige with black exterior. The Red-Rock is too orange for me. Can someone tell me if the spare tire is "full size"?
  • mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    Go to link title
    For all the info except pricing on the new 2008 Sequoia. Lots of pictures also. The first 8 are the 2007 but the following 45 or so are of the 2008. She is a beauty!

Here's the link to standard equipment, options, and specs. Pricing will be announced in a couple of weeks.
    link title

Platinum standard middle row bench optional captains chairs.
    Mackabee
    :shades:
  • abhikuabhiku Member Posts: 124
    This is UGLY...looks like a cheap truck interior...

Way to go PILOT...GO HONDA GO HONDA..
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It is a truck. Edmunds calls it "at heart a function-driven vehicle."

The Honda Pilot competes with the Toyota Highlander, not the Sequoia. I'd like to see the interior in person. The front end looks very "Dodge truck like" from the pics.
    So it is confirmed that we have CHOICE in Platinum? we can choose 2nd row BENCH *OR* captains chairs? Someone said previously that Platinum version only comes with second row captains chairs, please confirm that we can get platinum in 2nd row bench...

VOTE: If cost was not a factor what would people here prefer? Second row captains chairs or second row bench?
  • tommytgtommytg Member Posts: 15
    bench.
  • sirrafsirraf Member Posts: 55
    If I am not mistaken SUV is the acronym for Sport Utility Vehicle. We purchase a vehicle every 10-15 years and have been anxious to see the new Sequoia as we're long overdue for another car. As most people who would purchase an SUV we plan on hauling around the kids and others and our toys.

I have looked at the interior of the 2008 Sequoia and am amazed that we have a choice of either orange/red, grey, or beige. The orange/red interior is probably the ugliest I have ever seen in an SUV and is not even a consideration. The carpet for either the grey or beige is very light and would almost be considered an off-white because it is so light in color. Why would we want to consider a Sport Utility Vehicle to haul around the kids with a carpet that is best described as an off-white in color. We would not even consider an off-white carpet for our home let alone for our SUV. An SUV should have interior that looks nice (at 50K+ it should look nice) but at the same time is durable and would hide dirt. Who would want to constantly clean up after hauling kids and toys?

Also, why would you even consider 2nd row bucket seats for an SUV? I vote for BENCH...

I have friends that thought the bucket seat was a nice option until they actually got an SUV with bucket seats for the 2nd row. They have since sold the SUV and purchased one with bench seats.

I understand that the pearl white exterior only comes in the Platinum model which only has the 2nd row bucket seats... I don't understand the limitation.
    Are we 100% sure that you cannot ORDER a platinum with bench seats? I have to agree with everything that has been said so far... that red looks too orange, I'm not a fan. I've never tried an SUV with captains chairs, do they fold flat also? Sounds like a heated bench would be nicer...
  • toyota4lifetoyota4life Member Posts: 53
    As soon as my wife saw it,she was begging pretty please can she get one ,she is ready to give up her rav4 ASAP,only problem is the Tundra is on my very short list.
  • tickinspectortickinspector Member Posts: 21
    I understand you concern on the Red Rock Interior. I also thought the same thing regarding the light colored carpets as well. My wife drives a 2003 Sequoia with tan interior and the carpet shows every stain. I bought a 2007 Tundra Crewmax with the Red Rock Interior because it has black carpet. Now that I have had it a while the Red Rock is really growing on me. Everybody that see it, loves it.

At least go look at it. Your more expensive luxury cars have the same color interior in them as well.

If I could spec the vehicle, I would get all black leather interior.

You can always buy after market leather. From what I hear, a lot of the after market is nicer than the factory leather.

Good Luck.
    Several dealers tell me that the Platinum comes standard with the bench second row.... that the second row captain's chairs are optional... Can anyone confirm this? So is the carpeting black if you chose red rock?
  • regrahamregraham Member Posts: 26
    This is a follow-up to my last post (#280). I managed to figure out the "link title" suggested in #281 and located the 2008 "standard features/options/specs". It seems to indicate 2nd row buckets are the only choice with Platinum. I hope this info is wrong as I prefer the bench; also sand beige interior with black exterior. I also hope Canadian pricing will be on par with US pricing now that our dollar is comparable.
  • robinvegasrobinvegas Member Posts: 1
    I am a 2 time Durango owner. I DIG this ride's look! It is a bit Durango-esque in the profile, which I don't mind. The only drawbacks for me are the bucket-only seats in the 2nd row on the Platinum model--I definitely need the 8 seats--and I also wish the room behind the 3rd row was increased from previous years. It looks like it may have even decreased a bit. Way to go Toyota! Worth the wait! :)
  • jci1jci1 Member Posts: 34
    I was wondering why so many were so concerned about the second row bench in the Platinum model?

What is the big draw that makes all these people want to choose the Platinum over the Limited?

The Platinum is a $60K vehicle, is everybody willing to spend that for a Sequoia?

My thought is that the Limited offers most of the same features, has the bench 2nd seat, and will cost thousands less...
  • johngalt1johngalt1 Member Posts: 6
    They have a real problem with the reaction they are getting to the dash on the new Sequoia. I have taken note that the Toyota website has removed two of the pictures on the Sequoia introduction that show the dash. I imagine that most people would prefer either a wood dash, or one like on the new Land Cruiser. Many blogs are replete with expletives concerning the new silver Tundra interior What do you think? Should Toyota try to change this? I'm voting for a Land Cruiser panel. This is a big enough issue for me that it is causing me to look at different vehicles. Here I've waited six months to replace my current Sequoia, only to find the new one looks cheap on the interior. Other than this, I'm fine with the appearance of the vehicle. I'm interested in your opinions.
  • sirrafsirraf Member Posts: 55
    Disappointed... you bet!

I have been waiting since '05 for the new Sequoia to be unveiled but so far I like the exterior but I am very disappointed with the look of the interior. The dash of my 1993 Ford Bronco looks better than the new Sequoia. The carpet is too light and the dash looks very cheap with lots of plastic. So disappointed that I was even looking at the QX56 and the Navigator today. Both have interiors that is far superior to the Sequoia and I am sure that the price will be lots cheaper.

Last year we thought about a new Avalon but settled on an Lexus only because the interior of the Avalon was too cheap looking with lots of chrome/plastic and blonde wood. I was hoping that Toyota had learned their lesson and was moving forward but I guess not...

I have not decided what to do... but this is the year for a decision.

I would prefer a dash that looks like it belongs in a $50K vehicle without all of the plastic.
  • joz88monjoz88mon Member Posts: 3
    i love it! a serious carbon footprint on the face of "eco-conscious" america. gas will be $4+ per gallon, and people will still buy these behemoths. but hey, it's a toyota, so it must be a good thing
    If you purchase a new vehicle every 10-15 years, you are not qualified to comment in this forum. I would bet the avg. here is 2-5 years per new purchase.
  • toddhmtoddhm Member Posts: 35
    I currently own a 2005 MDX and will be upgrading to the new Sequoia. I don't care about the gas mileage as long as the tank is large enough to provide a decent range. Is the tank the same size as the Tundra's tank?
  • supadadsupadad Member Posts: 1
    Any negative posts about the size of this vehicle, the gas mileage, impact on the ozone layer, etc... should be deleted.

In our family of five (three active boys, coach & sportsman dad and gardner mom) and two dogs (akitas), we NEED a large SUV! Unfortunately we dont have the economic luxury of buying an extra vehicle for the days when one of us just needs to go to work or just run to the 7-11. So yes, on those days it may appear that I could have purchased a civic, but if you catch us on most days our Sienna and soon Sequoia are doing what they were ment to --- carrying big dogs and their food; bags of soccer balls, cones, my kids and the occasional extra kid that needs a ride to practice ; large bags of soil, mulch and fertilizer; three boys who,,, sometimes change into cubscout unifoms in the back seat and on and on and on and on and on...... Try this with a Passant as we did for years and you will kiss the hot tail pipe of a large SUV......
  • canddmeyercanddmeyer Member Posts: 410
    I bet you're wrong, plus everyone is qualified to comment this forum, except for negative personal attack posters.