Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Century Door Locks

neightneight Member Posts: 6
Car= Buick Century 1999
Problem= Door locks no longer work properly. While using my remote or ANY door lock I can lock all doors. While using my remote or ANY door lock I can unlock only the driver door. The other 3 do not unlock. Instead I get a clicking noise coming from under the dash. All fuses have been checked. I'm guessing it is a relay or something similar. Any help appreciated. Also any help taking it apart to get to the problem is also appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• ggeeooggeeoo Member Posts: 94
    I lifted the Handle to enter the car from outside. I heard a "plunk" now the door will
    not open from outside. All other doors are working fine . The Drivers side works fine
    from the inside. I took off the inner door trim. Removed the Outside Door Handle
    assembly by removing two 10 mm machine bolts. Then disconnecting the RODS
    by simply unsnapping the plastic catch at the ends. Upon inspecting the inside
    of the lift handle I noticed a broken area. Inside the door at the bottom was the painted
    piece of metal. First I tried to glue it back with GOOP. This was no good. Then I drilled
    a small hold in the center of the flat area of the broken piece and screwed a brass
    screw into it, thus making it able to strike the Rod Actuator again. It was mechanically
    working so I reassemble it and put it back onto the door. Tried it no good. Still
    not opening from the outside front door. Question where does the other end of that go. Does it go into the lock to unlatch the door? Could the rod be bent? Is there
    a adjustment at the latch to take up slack in ROD? Any ideas please E mail
    arthur.lev123blue@GMAIL.COM
  • owacorickowacorick Member Posts: 1
    Have a 96 buick cenrty. head lights will not work, horn will not work, cruise control, electric seats, radio has to be reset everytime the car is started, all stopped working at the same time. HELP
  • mishkynmishkyn Member Posts: 1
    My Buick Century '03's remote only opens the driver's door. I must click twice to open the passenger's side, and 4 times to unlock all 4 doors.

No harm in trying---it helped my brother open all the doors on his Toyota, too.
    Mishkyn
  • brad42brad42 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem as stated in the post below. Also the dorrs will not open by using the inside handle. I have to manually flip the lock button. any help would be appreciated.

#1 of 4 Buick Century Door Locks by neight Nov 17, 2007 (12:31 pm) Save | Reply
    Car= Buick Century 1999
    Problem= Door locks no longer work properly. While using my remote or ANY door lock I can lock all doors. While using my remote or ANY door lock I can unlock only the driver door. The other 3 do not unlock. Instead I get a clicking noise coming from under the dash. All fuses have been checked. I'm guessing it is a relay or something similar. Any help appreciated. Also any help taking it apart to get to the problem is also appreciated. Thanks!
  • angelo1978angelo1978 Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM ON THE EXACT SAME CAR, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT THE CURE.

Chicagobuilt0778@yahoo.com
  • ericellsericells Member Posts: 1
    My m-in-law owns a 2001 Buick Century. Power door locks have failed and I bought her a Clarion aftermarket security system that I plan on installing. I need a couple things: 1. where is the location of the stock power door lock relay and 2. where can i find a wiring diagram of the stock lock relay so that i can make the proper splices to the aftermarket system? Thanks....eric (ericells@verizon.net)
  • cent00cent00 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Buick Century and the automatic door locks don't work. Push the button on the door and they don't lock. Push the remote and they don't lock. If I close the locks manually I can open all doors. To lock the car I need to close each lock. Help!!
  • memphistexmemphistex Member Posts: 4
    Did anyone ever get mthe door locks fixed. My 99 Century does the same?
    Ever get this fixed? Mine does the same.

email - dgatlin@wtgbenedum.com
    I have the same problem as stated in the post below. Also the dorrs will not open by using the inside handle. I have to manually flip the lock button. any help would be appreciated.

#1 of 4 Buick Century Door Locks by neight Nov 17, 2007 (12:31 pm) Save | Reply
    Car= Buick Century 1999
    Ever get this fixed. I have trouble also.

dgatlin@wtgbenedum.com
  • omarnunezomarnunez Member Posts: 3
    tengo problema con el cierre de las puertas no funciona botn del cierre de las puertas tampoco las luces interiores de mi century 1993 alguna sugerencia o esquema electrico gracias
  • neightneight Member Posts: 6
    1999 Buick Century
    The windows, clock, radio, and mirrors work with the key on, when the car is started none of these work. Also the remote lock only works to lock the car, will not unlock or open trunk.
    Help please!
  • fmarriccofmarricco Member Posts: 1
    did you ever get an answer because I am having the same problem. Would appreciate some help.

thanks
  • neightneight Member Posts: 6
    Sorry, No answer and still no fix.
  • steve0ooosteve0ooo Member Posts: 1
    I recently found when i drive my car unlocks itself randomly. Also whenever i get out and lock the doors, when i shut the driver door it unlocks itself and all happens completely randomly.
    I went to the fuse panel and took out the fuse for the door locks and did not fix it.

What could be the problem and am i looking at something expensive to deal with?
    ( i kno any electrical work is expensive)