Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Jeep Liberty Power Windows

Comments

• terryo3terryo3 Member Posts: 1
    I did this exact same repair on all 4 windows on my Jeep Liberty and agree that this is the only 100% fix for the window problem. The Regulators are not the part that is faulty, it is the plastic support bracket for the window that is the problem. The Steiger Automotive parts use the existing regulator and replace the plastic junk part with a METAL part. Chrysler designers must be on drugs to put that piece of crap plastic bracket on Jeeps. The procedure is a DIY project if you have basic skill with tools and a bit of patience. Maker sure to follow step by step and go slow on first window. This may take a couple hours. After successfully doing the first window I was able to do the others much quicker. Once you permanently solve the window debacle you can get on with enjoying the Jeep Liberty which is a great heavy duty SUV.
  • layonesslayoness Member Posts: 2
    OMG!! I was not aware of it> My sister bought a 2006 liberty 2years and transfered it to me after a year..Couple on months ago, the right back side window stopped working( automatic car).. She brought it to some car repair shop and she had to pay like 200 or sum. Now, she moved out of the country and I have the car. Last month, the window fell again and with no money, I went to a car shop, they removed the electronic device and put a wooden stick to hold it since I had no money to pay upfront and was supposed to return the following week to get it fixed. Due to shaking motions while driving the vehicle, I think the wooden stick fell and now the window fell inside again. I was browsing on the internet and saw all your comments. Can anyone tell me if I can go to a dealer and get them to fix it ?There's no more warranty on it .
  • hwexlerhwexler Member Posts: 6
    You can call Chrysler's customer service number and open a case. They may or may not pay for it. You must insist that you are aware that this is a known problem & that they are paying to repair it on other people's Liberty's as a "courtesy". Otherwise it cost about $650-$800 to fix at a dealer because they replace the window too.
  • layonesslayoness Member Posts: 2
    Thaks for the tip..whats chrysler customer service number??
  • gilly57gilly57 Member Posts: 4
    I had two repairs done on the same window. First with the original design regulator, it broke again within a year. Then had it and another window repaired with the retrofit design and both are still operating fine.
    Chrysler was very cooperative in assisting with the repairs done at the dealer. The first one cost me $25 and the subsequent repairs were done for $50 each.
  • j1965mustangj1965mustang Member Posts: 2
    I have replaced my passenger rear window regulator and motor twice, :sick: and my drivers rear window regulator and motor once. I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade. The first time my rear passanger window would not roll up was in July 2008, it cost $325.00 to fix. June 2010 I had to replaced the motor and regulator for the driver rear window for $378.00. Yesterday my rear passenger window would not roll up, I took it to the shop and it is the same problem.......another $325.00. The repair shop told me that the Jeep dealer is actually backordered for the parts needed, they had to call several dealers to find the motor and regulator. :sick:
  • smurrowsmurrow Member Posts: 5
    I just got a call from Customer Service who informed me that Chrysler is "extending the warranty" on the window regulators but ONLY for the 2006-2007 models. They are reimbursing me the $150.00 that I was charged for repairs when the window regulator broke this past year and told me that if any of them break again, I will be covered for the length of the warranty. While I appreciate the reimbursement, THEY ARE STILL NOT DOING A RECALL - they will "fix" it for free if it breaks again, which means continued inconvenience for us. Also, the guy who called did not know if the replacement parts they would use (if it breaks again) are the same cheapo plastic parts that break in the first place, nor did he know why only these 2 model years were chosen to be covered. I have a 2003 that also had a window regulator snap on the back passenger side and from the many posts on this website, I would guess this problem is common in ALL of the liberties, not just the 2006-7 models. Anyone else hear anything differently from Chrysler?
  • chellebellechellebelle Member Posts: 6
    Smurrow,
    Do you have the phone number or person you talked to? I called Chrysler because the dealership told me what you just posted was in the works. They took my information and told me since there is no recall they will have to submit a request on refunding the $150 I was also charged for repairs. I have a 2007 Liberty. I wish Chrysler would be consistent with what they are doing for this problem. I will post what happens when they get back to me on their answer whether to refund money or not. In the meantime, if you have the info on who you talked to that would be great!
  • britt_brittbritt_britt Member Posts: 3
    We bought our Jeep Liberty on 8/15/2010... Within 6 weeks 2 of the window are broken (will not roll up or down)!... (so far)... ....They have lovely tape all over them at this point.

We originally took to Myrtle Beach Chryster Jeep (Bobby Gale). (At that point the 1st window was stuck at about 40% down)... We left it there... The said it would be the $200.00 deductible under our warranty...

Called an hour later and said no parts til tomorrow... (this was over a month ago).. When they gave it back to us. We didn't notice until we were almost out of the parking lot, but they window was ALL the way down in the door now... Why?? Because this fool took all of the PARTS out of the door so there was nothing to hold it up.... When we asked him to at least get the glass out of the door ... He said nope... SORRY..
    Thanks!! .. You just made is WORSE...

My husband then took it to Tidelands in Pawleys Island SC and the (as a courtesy) got the glass out of the door/applied tape and told us that they knew the parts (1700+ of them for this window) were on back-order and it would be 3 weeks!...

Since then another window went down, and 2 of them still have TAPE all over them... This is the worst customer service!!!.. Be warned... As if the Jeeps are not bad enough, Myrtle Beach Chryster Jeep gets the "award for the WORST customer service ever!!!...
  • albaybalbayb Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2010
    I have a 2006 liberty that has had window issues since about 9mo into owning it. The last repair to the windows (knock on wood) was in July 2009 and I had to pay a $100 deductible since I had the extended warranty. I actually just had Chrysler customer service call me yesterday about reimbursing me. They just confirmed that I did pay the deductible at that service visit and are now supposed to be processing that and mailing a check for $100. I'm not sure who & how much they will reimburse (that was my only window charge) but it's worth calling about.
    The number I called was 1-800-853-1403.
    Hope this helps!
  • terri20terri20 Member Posts: 1
    I am glad to see I am not the only one with this window problem. I replaced the left rear window regulator ($400) about a year ago. Once again, it broke a couple of days ago and the estimate is for another $400. I have a 2002 Liberty. Nothing but bad luck on this one. At about 88,000 miles, the engine blew and after debating with Jeep for 2 weeks, they agreed to pay half of repairs. My half was $3000. Luckily, I did some research and saw this was a fairly common problem in the 2002 Liberty's. It was going to be between $6000 and $7000. I have only owned Jeeps for past 18 years. They just don't make them like they used to. I guess that is why their warranties are crap now. I think I will check out a Ford this time.
  • whitiefordwhitieford Member Posts: 8
    I've not had this problem, but my daughter's Liberty CRD has on multiple accounts, I've ordered these kits for the front and back and from doing my daughter's it takes about 1 hour the 1st one and the other is easy. The company is Steiger Performance and this will fix the cheap plastic roller bushing. In all fairness to the designers it was plastic to cut noise, just the plastic used is not up to the task. This should fix your problem forever for the parts in the kit are steel! Good luck.
    This is an easy fix permanently. I ordered for my daughter's Liberty CRD a kit from Steiger Performance. The kits are rear left and right and front left and right. I performed the broken one first took about an hour, Learning Curve the other working was much faster, and the same went for the working front windows 1st learning the 2nd easy. My Liberty I just did it as a preventative measure. Good luck and you'll be so happy with the results.
  • rallycomrallycom Member Posts: 5
    I got a call on November 1st from Jeep asking to confirm my address so they could mail a reimbursement check for a window repair from February '10.
    At that time they paid for everything but a $100. deductable (which I guess is standard with an extended warranty even though I do not have an extended warranty) the dealer charged me a $90. diagnostic fee (not sure why…. Stevie Wonder could have seen what was wrong) for a grand total of $205.98 out of pocket.

Jeep is reimbursing the entire amount, and stated they will cover all the window regulators for as long as I own the vehicle

The repair that they did required installing new window glass......something about the lift points on the newly engineered parts being different than the original.

It gets very muddied up with just how they are doing the repairs and what parts are being used.

The most important point to bring up when you talk to customer service is that they will not sell you the part that was installed at the factory! They have reengineered the window regulator and discontinued the one they sold you. A company does not do something like this unless they know they have a problem!

Below is the list of parts & part #s for 2006
    ITEM PART
    NUMBER QTY LINE SERIES BODY ENGINE TRANS TRIM DESCRIPTION
    Door, Front, Glass and Regulator
    1 GLASS, Front Door
    55360374AH 1 Up to 2/25/06. With Lift plate,
    Right
    DD09984GTY Collision Replacement Glass
    55360375AH 1 Up to 2/25/06. With Lift plate, Left
    DD09985GTY Collision Replacement Glass
    55360998AA 1 After 2/25/06, Without Lift plate,
    Right
    DD11118GTN Collision Replacement Glass
    55360999AA 1 After 2/25/06, Without Lift plate,
    Left
    DD11119GTN Collision Replacement Glass
    2 WEATHERSTRIP, Glass Channel
    Run
    55360958AA 1 Right
    55360959AA 1 Left
    3 55360959AA 1 SCREW, M6X1.00X15.5, (NOT
    SERVICED)
    4 REGULATOR, Front Door Window
    04589265AA 1 Used After 2/25/06, Without
    Lift plate, Left
    04589268AA 1 Used After 2/25/06, Without
    Lift plate, Right
    55360030AM 1 Used Up to 2/25/2006, Right
    55360031AM 1 Used Up to 2/25/2006
    , Left
    5 06504029 7 BOLT, Hex Flange Head,
    M6x1.0x20, Regulator to Door
    LIBERTY (KJ)
    SERIES LINE BODY ENGINE TRANSMISSION
    H = HIGHLINE
    M = MEDIUM
    P = PREMIUM
    T = JEEP - 2WD
    J = JEEP - 4WD
    U = JEEP - 4WD (RHD)
    74 = SPORT UTILITY 4-DR EKG = 3.7L V6 Engine
    ENR = 2.8L 4 Cyl Turbo Diesel
    Engine
    ENJ = 2.5L 4 Cyl 16V Turbo
    Diesel Engine
    ED1 = 2.4L 4 Cyl DOHC 16v
    SMPI Engine
    DG6 = 4-Spd. Automatic 42RLE
    Transmission
    DGV = 4-Spd. Automatic VLP
    Transmission
    DGQ = 5-Spd Automatic 5-45RFE
    Transmission
    DEH = 6-Speed Manual NSG370
    Transmission
    DDD = 5-Speed HD Manual
    Transmission
    DDK = 5-Speed HD Manual
    Transmission
    AR = use ase required - = Non illustrrated part 2006 KJ

Good luck to all

Best regards

Rich O, N2ZKX
    ">
  • kei48kei48 Member Posts: 4
    My 2006 Liberty had the side windows fail...three times. Left rear window dropped out of sight in April of 2007, right rear July of 2008, right rear again November 4 of 2010. Called the original dealer, and when told the model and year, the rep said"window problems, huh"? I called the dealer where I now live and told the rep the model and year and asked if he could guess what I was calling about, he said "windows"? I called the Chrysler complaint line and spoke with a really pleasant young woman. She took all of the information, without making a commitment, and said someone would call me within 24 hours with a determination. I'm a bit hopeful since I've found literally thousands of complaints on multiple sites addressing an identical problem and Chrysler accepted responsibility to a couple of people...Chrysler is aware of substandard parts in at least those years...even found service bulletin 23-008-09 issued on April 15, 2009 which alerts the dealers about the chronic problem. I have an appointment with the dealer in the AM, most likely I'll have to pay upfront but hope to get reimbursed from Chrysler. I'll get my money from them, the easy way or the hard way. I'll post the results in the next couple of days.
  • 4wheelin44wheelin4 Member Posts: 1
    I have the same issue as all of you.. All Window regulators have broke Since I bought the car 3 years ago, and some more than once, and I currenlty have one broke, and have been waiting since JUNE 2010, to get the part..

I went in June, they were on Backorder. Supposed to be in, in August.. I went in August, supposed to be in, in Sept. I just called today, and now they say, there is no "Promise delivery date" from chrysler. Which means it could be another year that I am driving around with tape on my window.. Does Duct tape hold up in the winter?

I am in Rochester, NY, and have called all the Chrysler dealers here, and not one shop has one.

Anyone have any news of a delivery date for these? I hope they are new design!
    When I posted my complaint yesterday, I made a mistake. My wife corrected me and said it was the SAME window all three times. I took the jeep to the local dealer at 7:45 this morning and worked with a really pleasant and helpful service rep. Within an hour they had diagnosed the problem as being a broken cable of some type. They had to get the part from across town and said it would be ready in the afternoon...$150 for the part, $120 labor.

The Chrysler rep called me shortly after and we had a spirited discussion and he said he would get back to me after talking with the service manager. He called back a couple of hours later and said that Chrysler would pay the bill, and, they were going to replace the whole assembly, window and all, just to be certain this didn't happen a fourth time.

He said they dealt with these issues on a case by case basis and, if it happened to one of the other windows, they would make a determination at that time. He didn't acknowledge that he was aware of a flood of window problems, just that Chrysler would pay for this one. I'm happy until it happens again.
  • joevolkjoevolk Member Posts: 1
    Just got off the phone with customer service, who by the way was very nice but could not give me an answer. Same story just another person. Took my liberty in to get the right passenger side window fixed and $450 later it was fixed. I live in Northern Wisconsin and today both my driver and rear passenger windows had the same issue, and it is cold out. After everything I have heard about jeep from the thousands of Jeep owners saying the same thing and nothing being done with it I'm just done. I'm not going to put money into a worthless product so that it will just break again. I'm tired of the excuses, I'm tired of all the lies. If Jeep cannot fix the issue or help me fix it monetarily then I'm just done. Word of mouth goes a long ways in this world. Everyone I know and as often as I can I will say negative things about Jeep. Doesn't even matter if I wasted 10 minutes to write this short book, nothing will be done. This is why I'm taking it upon myself to sell my piece of junk Jeep liberty and get a real vehicle. Maybe if jeep helped its customers instead of selling them crap and not taking the blame for it they wouldn't post such huge negative numbers in the third quarter. YES I HAD ONE JEEP AND IT WILL BE MY ONLY JEEP, THANKS JEEP FOR NOTHING.

If jeep is listening which i'm sure they are not, I would like a $1,000 check to a least pay for some of your junk product. address is 2217 samantha st De Pere Wisconsin 54115.
  • chellebellechellebelle Member Posts: 6
    Hi there,
    Are you calling Crystler customer service before you go to the dealership to get the windows fixed? Crystler is giving the dealerships reference numbers so you will not be charged if the problem is actually a faulty window regulator. Also, they are in the process of refunding me money I've paid in the past as an extended warranty co-pay. I know it's still a hassle having to make the phone call but a ten minute phone call is definately worth the $450 per window they are charging you.
    The number I used to Crystler is 1-800-992-1997.
    Good Luck!
    Posts 285 and 286 are mine.

I was on my way to get my Jeep Liberty, took parts of six days to get the parts to the dealer, and the Service Advisor called to give me a "you won't believe it". Appears the technician was pulling the jeep out of the shop after replacing the rear right window when the front right window disappeared into the track...same as the one they just repaired.

I could tell the SA, who has been really great, would rather have had a tooth pulled than make that call with the problems and the delay in getting the parts.

He's going to talk with Chrysler in the morning and get back to me.

I'll post the results Thursday.

For joevolk, don't give up. When you call the customer service number, you just need to get high enough up the ladder to get results. The person who answers the phone isn't that person. Just remind the rep of all the problems you have found on your Inet searches, plus, they don't want any complaints going to the NTSB as described earlier in these posts.
  • nottowaynottoway Member Posts: 67
    I am with you !!! After replacing all windows and regulators at my expense, paying $1,500 for timing belt replacement, $500 front axel replacement because the rubber boot was cracked, seats that stained from clear water, constant engine failures for no reason, check engine light always on and no one could pinpoint the problem. Then the engine finally seizing and all water in the cooling system went into the engine with no outside leakage of oil or water.
    I sold that piece of junk for $5,000 because a new engine would have cost $7,000 and I was out of warrenty.
    I even refuse Chrysler products when I rent and I rent a lot. I just saw where Jeep Liberty is rated as one of the highest repair vehicles in the world.. And I have to say their customer service and customer relations have got to be the worst in the world.
    They should have been allowed to follow Lehman Brothers and just disappear.
    edited November 2010
    Yup. The local dealer (great service to date) was waiting for the parts to replace the front passenger seat window to schedule the repair with me. They taped the window up so I could drive the car while waiting.

I walked up to the car after doing some shopping and noticed the rear, left window was down a couple of inches. I thought " Oh man!". I had just used the other rear window to give my ticket to the parking lot attendant and hoped that , just maybe, I had hit the switch for the left window by accident. Nope! When I tried to raise the window it just gave me a grinding sound.

I immediately drove it to the dealer and the service rep thought I was there to schedule the repair on the right, front window for which the parts had just arrived. Of course, he was dumbfounded when I told him. Wouldn't you be?

He's going to call the Chrysler rep in the AM and let me know.

A heads up on the front window replacement. They come from the factory with clear glass but most Libertys have had after market tinting, which is a source of contention. As a rule, the tinting isn't warranteed. However, my position is that if it wasn't for the dealer engineered and installed faulty window assembly, which has been re-engineered and requires a new window, I wouldn't need a new window now. So far, I'm not going to have to pay for the tinting of the new front, left window.

This should all take place by next Tuesday or Wednesday and I'll post the results.

In the mean time, if you've read these posts because you've had like problems, please add your experiences. This and a couple of other sites have been invaluable in getting the repairs done and paid for. Posting is easy!! And it really helps everyone.
  • edster6edster6 Member Posts: 2
    Jeep Liberty power windows are a pain in the neck, but check out this You Tube video on how to fix it yourself:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogy4jogaTmo :)
  • edster6edster6 Member Posts: 2
    I know, Jeep Liberty window regulators are a pain in the neck, and they are expensive as heck. But check out this You Tube fix it yourself video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ogy4jogaTmo

Hope it helps.
    Spoke to Chrysler and they said they were sending letters to all 2006 and 2007 jeep liberty owners on record extending the warrenty on the windows and regulators 7 years from date of purchase. I got my letter 2 days later with the form to fill out requesting a refund. The form had my VIN number preprinted. I included all my receipts totaling $1,113.00 and returned by certified mail. They received it yesterday and in the letter they stated that within 60 days I would be reimbursed for parts and labor.
    They also said in the letter that they were doing this to insure good customer relations.
    Where have they been for the past 5 years?
    I will post when I have cashed the check. Fingers are crossed.
    Make sure Chrysler has your name and address with your VIN number in their computer for recalls. I found that my daughters 2005 was not registered.
  • beachpatty69beachpatty69 Member Posts: 8
    Wonderful! I have been driving for over a year with one of my rear windows taped up, and the front drivers side is starting to get crappy.
    Do you have the proper link to contact Chrysler or can I just call my local Jeep dealer?
    Thank you sooooo much!
    Chrysler

Work: 800-992-1997

Have your VIN number handy.....
  • 2004jeep2004jeep Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 jeep liberty and 3 out of 4 window regulators have broken. I called the dealership to see how much it will be to repair…350.00 and up per window. Is there a recall for these? I had fixed one window already since this one happened about 2 yrs ago, but now I have two that are broken. There has to be some kind of recall.
    I sent Chrysler all receipts for all 4 windows and regulators totaling $1,113.00. Received a check for around $900.00. They did not pay for one window because the dealership I purchased it from had changed hands and they could not verify that I had not returned the parts. I had the dealership receipt stamped paid by Amex but they wanted more. Sent them a copy of my Amex bill showing the purchase and a payment to Safelite same day for the installation. Still waiting, They really know how to insure that I will never be a customer again.
    And with diesel prices these days, I don't miss the CRD that much anymore so it was somewhat of a blessing that the engine blew up and I sold it for just enough to pay it off.
    Ford here I come.
  • sunshine51sunshine51 Member Posts: 1
    Have a Jeep Libery that I purchased new in 2003, have had the rear windows repaired at a dealership 4 times to a tune of over $1000 and have not received any recall or notice about a refund. Windows just fall down and you cna do nothing- they know there is a problem and I have called customer service repeatedly but still not results! How did you get a refund and why are they not correcting this problem?
  • albaybalbayb Member Posts: 5
    I posted several months ago about speaking with a customer service rep, who told me I would be receiving a refund for the deductible I paid on the window repairs and I was getting an extended warranty to cover my windows until 2013. I did receive the refund but never the letter. I had fogotten about it until my window fell last week. I called my dealership and was told my jeep was not on the list to receive free repairs, so I called Chrysler and was told the same thing. After numerous phone calls and a diagnostic visit to the dealership, I was finally told that my jeep is not included because although it's a 2006 model it was built in 2005. They are only covering 2006-2007...and they mean built in those years, not actual model year. They did agree to cover all but $100 to replace all 4 window parts, but if I ever have this problem again I will have to repeat the process and hope that Chrysler if feeling generous that day! I just paid off my Jeep in December and I'm already planning on selling it within the next year. It just isn't worth the no car payment to worry with wondering when the next window problem will occur. I love my Jeep, but as long as Chrysler owns the line I will not be purchasing another one. :cry:
  • alorinalorin Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2011
    Wow, just looking at all the same issues happening with the windows, how can there NOT be a recall? I had my window on my 2003 Jeep Liberty go down 4 inches back in June 2010 and I at first thought someone had tried to break into my car but then since nothing was missing, I figured it had just broken. I had no idea it would cost $460 to get it fixed. So I have just been using packaging tape to hold it up. It is very odd for it to be more expensive than a car payment to just get a passenger window fixed.
  • cris4cris4 Member Posts: 1
    I too have a 03 Jeep Liberty that I bought in 2002 new. I have replaced the rear passenger and rear driver twice each. They are both broken again right now and I have shims keeping them up. The one breaking today was the straw that broke the camels back. We called Jeep today and they opened up a case for us. The lady that did that said she could neither confirm nor deny that there was a recall until the company said something officially. Replacing these windows every year at a cost of around $600 is getting very ridiculous!
  • rexswammyrexswammy Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport. My left rear window regulator has broken 3 times in the last 3.5 years and my right rear window regulator has broken twice. The left one broke about a year-and-a-half ago, exceeding the warranty. My right r/w/r was repaired last june. Now the right side broke again. To add to this, my rear right side door is stuck, only opening about an inch before catching and not opening. Has anyone has issues with doors getting off track or any problems with the whole door, as opposed to just the amazingly faulty window regulator?
  • loveintelloveintel Member Posts: 1
    YES!!! My left rear window just spontaneously fell one day and now the door won't open either! It's unbelievable.
  • dlafoot1dlafoot1 Member Posts: 9
    I too have a 2003. About 2 weeks ago, for the 4th time in as many years, my rear driver's side window dropped again. I agree that there should be some sort of recall. If it wasn't for the fact that I really don't want a car note, I would certainly trade in my Jeep. In the past I have been reimbursed, but it is such a pain wondering if and when it will happen again.
  • woodstahkwoodstahk Member Posts: 3
    I had the same problem. First the driver side stopped working and the window fell (removed the door panel and wedged a board underneath to keep it up - redneck engineering) then the passenger side broke 2 months later. To make it worse, it happened when my boss was trying to roll the window up. We had to drive 2 hours on the interstate to a meeting with the window down. Needless to say I was embarrassed, but the cherry on top is that the door wouldn't open when we got to the meeting! My boss he'd to crawl out of the other side.
    I finally decided to tear into it to see what the issue was and found the regulator cable had worked itself inside the door catch. This is safe.... God forbid someone is faced with the situation where they need to escape their vehicle and can't.... subversion, fire, etc.
    I ran across a website that claims this inherit problem is due to a plastic piece the regulator cable attaches to on the window track. The plastic piece breaks, cable becomes loose, you know the rest. They offer a steel replacement for about $80 each side. Why doesn't Chrysler bite the bullet and do the same instead of throwing known failing partaking back into their product...
    Very frustrating. When I had it repaired the last time, my guy told me the same thing. It may even be worth it to get the $80 part for when it happens again (notice I did not say IF it happens again - so sad).

Could you please provide me with the website and name of the part please so I can look into it?

Thanks so much.
  • andrevale13andrevale13 Member Posts: 4
    It happened to me again!!! Why am I not surprise?! The whether just starts to get warm and boom! Now I have both rear windows broken!! Can you please give me more information about this 80 bucks thing once you get that?
    I will appreciate any advice.
    Many thanks
    I ordered one for both sides, will post on the details of install and experience after the install. The website is
    http://www.steigerperformance.com

Good luck!
  • gregoryaycagregoryayca Member Posts: 2
    I have Liberty 2004 and the same window dropped 3 times so far
    1st time was on 03/25/2008 Costed $260 plus tax
    2nd time was on 10/16//2009 Dealer fixed it for free
    3rd time was on 06/01/2011 Dealer charged a deductible of Chrysler for $100
    Thanks so much!
  • lissettelissette Member Posts: 1
    I live in Tampa and have a 2003 Jeep liberty Sport 4x2, 4Door. Both rear windows have failed and now my rear right door is jammed. what can I do? jeep said they wont do anything for jeeps over 3years or 36k miles.
    What I found when my door wouldn't open is the window regulator cable had broken away from the window track and became lodged in the door catch, which prevents the door from opening. How I fixed this was by popping off the top right corner of the door panel (had to be a lil brutal to do this) which allowed me to reach into the door and pull the cable out of the door strike.... hope this helps.
  • winneckewinnecke Member Posts: 3
    Well, it happened again. This time the rear left window. Called Jeep to tell them I was bringing it in for the same reoccurring issue, and service told me "Jeep has extended its warranty, which covers your vehicle, if the regulator is the problem (very snide)." My window just randomly fell down, 4th window, 7th time. I am guessing yes. STOP acting like this isn't an issue with all jeep my year and style. You stated lasted year that you have seen numerous jeeps with the same issue and it is a known problem. Please, read my original post 182 for my last time dealing with this. :mad:
  • terrikaduckterrikaduck Member Posts: 1
    I agree with you that Jeep windows are a problem. I have had my second Jeep Liberty now for almost 3 years. I have replaced windows/regulators 4 times so far. First 2 were under bumper to bumper warranty. Third one I paid for out of pocket. 3 months later I got a letter from Chrysler and I sent all my info in and was quickly paid a full reinbursment. That was when I got the letter extending my warranty until April of 2013, with unlimited mileage. They are now claiming it is not the regulator, but the window lift plate. I just had THAT replaced a few days ago. Included with that is a new window seal. My window works great now. But as others have stated windows are not a safety issue. However, about children falling out of an open window? What if the window was put down on purpose by an adult passenger? And aren't ALL children under certain height and weight requirements supposed to be in federally approved child safety seats, properly strapped in so they don't fall out any windows or be thrown through any windows in the event of a crash? Seems to me windows are not the issue you should be looking at. Are your children not restrained properly and that is why you worry about them falling out an open window?
  • nannystacknannystack Member Posts: 1
    I have replaced 2 rear driver's side window regulators. I took it to my automotive repair man because I didn't know at the time that this was a jeep problem. They replaced the regulator twice and when it failed the third time they suggested that I call Chrysler. When I called the first time about a year ago mind you, the person took my info and gave me a case number. He said I would receive a call or text back within two business days. The guys did call back during the hours I specifically told him I would be unavailable and left a message on my phone and then one on my husbands. They then texted me once. After that I got a voicemail saying they were closing my case b/c they couldn't reach me. Needless to say I was unhappy, but life got in the way and it took me more than 8 months to call back and try to deal with it again. This whole time now totaling over a year I have been driving around with shims stuck in my window to keep it up for the most part. It still falls down all the time. When I called back and finally got in touch with a case worker I told her I had receipts for the times that I had the window fixed and that I would like them to at the very least fix it now and would appreciate being reimbursed for the previous times, knowing that b/c I didn't use a Jeep service that probably wouldn't help. She informed me that since mine was a 2003 model and so far out of warranty they could do nothing for me. The Jeep dealership said they could fix it but it would cost ballpark $500 and it would break again. I am at my wits end, the car has been paid off but we cannot buy another one right now.
    I know the feeling. 2003 Liberty, happened 4 times in 4 years (most recent 3 mos. ago) , can't be reimbursed anymore. So frustrating because I cannot afford to replace the Liberty. I just hope it does not happen at the most inopportune time like when I am away for weeks at a time and it is just sitting in my parking space.
    The problem is that the plastic drive cracks in the worm drive. http://www.steigerperformance.com/ here is a web site that sells the parts needed for you to repair. Eurekaboy.com will show you how to install with photos. I've replaced all 4 and not a problem since. The problem is really with Damiler not Chrysler for they were being given back to the U.S. after Damiler took all the money out of the company. You want a fine machine and I mean what it was designed for, add the Kennedy Lift pump, exhaust muffler mod, and Sun coast Torque Converter. Our family has two and both have been modified as the design engineers intended and we love them.