Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008-2009 Honda Accord Accessories

Comments

• mcpdjohnmcpdjohn Member Posts: 44
    Hi Viet,

I bought the moldings online from the Honda estore which is part of the Honda Owner link. This is a pretty good way to buy genuine Honda accessories, but I heard you may get a better deal on ebay. Here is the link: https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?brand=honda
  • mcpdjohnmcpdjohn Member Posts: 44
    The cargo hooks are a pain in the [non-permissible content removed] to install yourself because you need a rivet nut tool that fits the rivet nut that comes with the part. I have not located that tool yet, but haven't looked that hard.
  • blaneblane Member Posts: 2,017
    Actually, the Cargo Hooks are very simple to install yourself. You can rent the Rivet Nut Tool about halfway down the page here:

http://collegehillshonda.com/honda_accord_4dr_accessories/2008_accord_interior.h- - tm
  • gjagja Member Posts: 28
    The immobilizer system and remote start are just not meant to be together. To use a remote start, you have to defeat the immobilizer, then you have to create another security system. It's a tangled web.

From their faq:
    The Honda Remote Engine Starter System comes with a wiring harness specially designed for select Honda models that integrates your Immobilizer and Security System with the Remote Starter System. Aftermarket systems need to deactivate the Immobilizer and Security System, which leaves your vehicle unprotected. Additionally, the Honda Remote Starter System carries a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty (when installed in a new vehicle at the time of purchase), and you have the support of your friendly Honda dealer if a problem occurs.
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    So if you have to have a remote start, pay the extra and get the Honda brand. I can't imagine the dealership installing an aftermarket remote start, unless the customer asked for a cheaper alternative. You get what you pay for in this instance.
  • hyperchickmomhyperchickmom Member Posts: 6
    The dealer removed the "aftermarket" brand..which I felt was unethical to give us to begin with since we ordered the remote start accessory assuming it would be the HONDA brand. Car works fine now. We received a refund actually...So even though the HONDA brand is more expensive than the aftermarket brand...the Dealer had OVERCHARGED us to begin with...
    Here is my advice...if buying the 2008 HONDA...make sure all accessories are HONDA brand. Also, look online as many local dealers compete with each other when it comes to accessories as well...
  • sfjoe523sfjoe523 Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking to get a Genuine Honda Remote Engine Starter installed on my new 08 Accord, how much have people been getting it for from the dealer installed? Thanks!
  • hyperchickmomhyperchickmom Member Posts: 6
    In NY, price installed is approx 900 - 1100. However, our dealer gave us price installed at $836 due to the fact we had them remove the aftermarket brand which they charges $897.50 for. Make sure you ask for the HONDA remote starter....
  • banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    Has anyone found a Coat Hanger for the Accords like the BMW has? Its a simple idea yet I haven't seen any in the market
    What kind of a coat hanger has BMW?
    this one: link title
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    Honda Accord has Active Head Restraints, which may rule out the coat hanger shown for the BMW.

Mrbill
  • diuneidiunei Member Posts: 23
    has anyone removed the "Accord" letters from their new accord yet? Can you tell me how you did that? I want a plainer view of the back.
    if the accord badge is glues to the trunk, take a long piece of dental floss and place it behind the badge's initial letter. Start flossing. It should come out, leaving some glue on. Use wax to polish the area and remove the remaining glue. Do not use solvent as you may damage the clear coat of the paint.
    To answer my own question, I found these on ebay link title
    but the problem is that if you use that, you need to raise the headrest, which makes it really uncomfortable due to the big tilt forward the headrests have in the new Accord.
    thanks. I will try it out. :)
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    It says that it works with removable headrests. Is the headrest in the 08 removable? I still would worry using it with the active headrests.

Mrbill
  • accordguy0325accordguy0325 Member Posts: 169
    Hello All-

I bought an 08 Accord EX coupe (San Marino Red with Ivory Cloth) back in late October and was thinking of getting aftermarket leather installed.... Does anyone know if doing so would adversely affect the seat side airbags ?

Any thoughts/suggestions ?

Steve
    You would definitely have to find some that accomodate side airbags. I haven't actually looked for any, but I'm sure they exist.

PS: They probably will not be cheap.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Sorry to say, but you were probably better off getting an EX-L. Less hassle, and not much more. It can be done, dealers around here, install leather, but it won't look quite as good as factory leather installation. Adding up the cost, installation, that could have been an EX-L.
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    Custom leather can/does accomodate the side airbags -- you just have to make sure they know they are there and install the proper design and stitching.

I could not disagree more with the post above. Aftermarket leather can be MUCH better than the factory leather at a lower cost. First, it can be the exact color and stitching you want - plus, it DOESN'T HAVE TO BE PLEADED!!! I hate pleaded leather - it looks great for about 2 days -- and then starts to crease and fold. Stretched leather is way better IMHO. I decided to go for factory leather in my Accord because I wanted all the other features that come with the 08 EX-L models. But I know of several quality shops where I live that I would absolutely trust to put new leather in an EX or LX model. I checked into the price when I bought my Honda in September and the cost was anywhere between 800 (lower-end leather that I would not install) to about 1500 for custom seats with very high quality leather and very attractive stitching.

Don't shy away from custom leather -- its a great option. Just do your research on the shops and make sure you get one with a great reputation. Also, it typically is significantly less expensive to buy the car and then take it to the leather shop -- rather than having the dealership put in custom leather. Good luck and if you decided to do it, take some pictures of the new leather and post them!!

(When asking about leather, make sure and ask about the side airbags AND the heated seats. If I remember correctly, there was some issue with the heated seats??)
  • phantomvphantomv Member Posts: 101
    Re body side moldings - I paid $249 installed when I got my 2008 Polished Metal EXL V-6 Sedan
    Seems like a decent installed price for side moldings since they cost about $155 to $159 plus shipping online. They probably charged you for one hour of installation labor.

http://www.diyhonda.com/podcasts/episode79_accord_side_moldings.mp4
  • eagle71eagle71 Member Posts: 3
    I am also thinking about adding the deck lid spoiler to my new 2008 Accord V6 EX-L Sedan. Does anybody know where there is a picture (preferrably side-view) available showing the entire car with the deck lid spoiler installed on the '08 sedan? Dealer accessory site only shows a closeup.
    If you go to this site, and click on the spoiler picture, it will show a full side view of the car with the spoiler on it.

http://www.handa-accessories.com/accord08.html
    Thanks. I went to the site and what you said was true for the wing spoiler, but not the deck spoiler. I contacted H and A to see if they had a similar photo for the low profile deck lid spoiler, but they only have the side view photo of the wing spoiler. I'd like to see the same view (entire car photo vs closeup) of the low profile deck lid spoiler before opting to buy and install. Does anybody know where there may be a full side-view photo of the 2008 Accord Sedan with the low profile deck lid spoiler installed?
  • eb0nyange1eb0nyange1 Member Posts: 1
    I recently had a remote starter put on my accord EXL by my Honda dealer. When I got home I realized it is not the one that is listed as accessories on the Honda website. There is no key fob and it doesnt heat/cool the car when activated. Did they trick me and give me an older version of the remote start? Should I complain?
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    I would first check the instruction/owner's manual to make sure they installed the Honda factory accessory and not an after market item at Honda's price. If you did not specifically ask for the one they put in you have good grounds for making them replace it. If you search earlier posts I remember seeing another person who had the same issue and the remote starter was causing conflict with the factory security system. If I remember correctly it was replaced and money refunded, too.
  • mvp2nymvp2ny Member Posts: 7
    Already put 1K miles on my 08 EX-L. Anyone know if it's worth getting a HID conversion ki for the 8th Gen. Accord. I had one in my I30 and the bulbs always needed to be replaced. Thanks
  • hondamatic1hondamatic1 Member Posts: 26
    Make sure it is a factory item. Aftermarket is a headache with the security systems. Trust me i deal with these issues daily. Take parviz advice, he speaks the truth. :blush:
    Yes, I have a photo with a the low profile deck lid spoiler on it... It was off of ebay, I liked it so much I have it as my wallpaper... its subtle, but adds a certain look.

If you would like it to see it, give me your email. I will email them to you.
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    For your own sake, PLEASE DO NOT POST your email address, everyone. All you have to do is go into your profile and make it public there. That way logged-in members can see it, but the spam collector bots cannot.

Another alternative is to use your carspace email account which is your username@carspace.com. That one is already protected from outside spam attacks as you have to specifically allow outside email addresses in to your account if that's what you want.

This has been a public service announcement.

:shades:
  • bf109acebf109ace Member Posts: 77
    I bought a FM transmmiter to play iPod on my 2006 Accord but the sound quality is very poor in metro areas (since there are FM radio signals around). There is no iPod/MP3 connector/plug available on my Accord and there is no cassette player either.

I think I'm stocked with the FM transmmiter. Are there any other options avaiable? Anyone tried to connect the iPod directly (thru wiring) to the amplifier input on the 2006 Accord? If yes, would you please share your experience? Thanks.

Richard
    I haven't had much luck with the FM transmitters in the past either. I am not sure what 06 Accord you have and what you mean by thaere is no plug-in available in your car. If you are referring to an already installed plug or jack maybe my post would make sense, otherwise just disregard it!. I have an 06 Pilot EXl that is capable of taking a HondaLink. Honda Link is an accessory sold by Honda that allows direct connection of your IPOD to the car's stereo and allows full control via stereo buttons. I don't have it as to me it was way over-priced. Your Accord may be capable of accepting it. You may check your owner's manual or just go to Honda's web site and find out.
    Thanks. Per Pat's message, can you post the photo in a response or send it to my carspace email?
    Thank you so much for your message Pat!

Yes,I will send it via your carspace email
  • bf109acebf109ace Member Posts: 77
    Thanks for the info. FYI, there is no already installed plug or jack on my Accord.
    I had the same problem with my 98 Accord -- no place to plug in the I-Pod. I solved my problem by purchasing an 08 EX-L Accord. It was pricey, but I can't believe everything that came with the I-Pod plug-in. . . . . . :D
    bug4,
    what do yuo mean by the ipod plugin on the 08 EXL? did you get the optional link for connecting ipods or are you referring to the phono jack to plugin any type of mp3 player? I also have the 08 EXL w/ navi and I don't believe it has the dedicated ipod plugin. Thanks.
    Yes -- I'm just referring to the 1/8" jack for any mp3 device. In my post, I was justy trying to be funny . . . suggesting I bought an i-pod jack and an entire Accord came with it . . . . [this is a major set-back in my dream of becoming a comedian :cry: ]
    Actually I did get the humor!!.
    I was just trying to clarify the ipod portion since I know Honda offered links (at least with the previous year models) that would allow for complete control of the Apple's Ipod. I use my mp3 player (non-ipod) with jack often, but not as much as I did with the other car. The in-dash mp3 disk player is awsome eventhough it does not provide the capacity of a typical portable mp3 player. I just rotate the disks once in awhile.
  • sikathenusikathenu Member Posts: 12
    looken for an intake for my 08 accord??
  • sikathenusikathenu Member Posts: 12
    use a hair dryer to heat up the glue then take an old credit card or somthen like that and start scrapen and they shold come right off..then get some wax or prepsol to take off the rest of the glue
    thanks. I have already took it off with a similar method, except i used a dental floss.
  • chd1chd1 Member Posts: 8
    This technique also works with mint floss, too, in case you were wondering.
  • lucky620lucky620 Member Posts: 26
    hondamatic1, is there a factory item for the remote start? If so, do you know of any problems with the remote start? I am purchasing a 08 V6 Coupe w/navi this week and want to know if it is worth getting a remote start or if the possible headaches make it not worth while. I am looking for a remote start that leaves me with one remote I don't want to carry around another clicker! Thanks for any light you can shed on this question.
  • henrychinaskihenrychinaski Member Posts: 12
    just had wood trim put in my new ex-l with navi. i'm confused. the wood is only on the dash, but the picture on the honda website shows wood trim on the doors as well. find the pic here:

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/interior.aspx

when you build the car on the website and click on this option it says a dash kit and steering wheel kit are available, which seems to suggest that the door wood is not actually available as an option. anybody have the wood trim package in their car? did you get it wood on the doors as well or is the picture just questionable advertising by honda? can i get the door wood and install it myself? thanks in advance.
    I know that often when you order a trim package from the dealer, it is not the same pieces that come with a car from the factory. You can probably get the parts not included in the package by ordering them separately. I imagine the costs will add up though. :surprise:
    Henry,
    My car has the wood trim, complete, including the door pieces. I did not have it put in as an option, it is just how the ivory interior w/ black exterior comes in the V6 EXL (maybe I4 too?). The link you have provided does not mention anything about the "optional" wood trim so I think you just assumed the option included all the pieces. I remember seeing the door wood trims in one of the online stores as a separate item you can buy.
  • rrbhokiesrrbhokies Member Posts: 108
    It shows that the Accord EX-L stereo system plays mp3 discs. Does that mean that all 6 discs in the changer accept mp3 files? If so, my experience is that you can fit about 650MB of music on a single CD-R. Multiply that by 6 discs and that would be approximately 4GB worth of music.

My other question is whether you can shuffle the music so that it randomly plays tracks from all the discs? If so, then it would seem that you would essentially have the same functionality as a 4GB iPod.

I currently have a 2007 CRV EX-L w/nav and it has the pcima card that I was able to put a 4GB Compact Flash card in. That has been fantastic. I was upset though that the 6 disc changer on the CRV would not play mp3 files though.
This discussion has been closed.