Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008-2009 Honda Accord Accessories

Comments

• apple47apple47 Member Posts: 8
    rrbhokies, yes, the Accord EX-L can be loaded with and play six different mp3 discs. However, I don't see a way to shuffle the music from all six discs. Shuffle seems to only work with the currently select disc.

I currently have a 2008 Accord EX-L, and I frequently switch between the iPod and mp3 CDs. The CD player pauses when I switch to the iPod, while the iPod plays continuously. MP3 CD info displays on the NAV screen, however, the iPod cannot be controlled nor does it display any info on the Nav. That's a little disappointing as my sister's new Nissan Murano has that functionality.
  • bug4bug4 Member Posts: 370
    Also, in the 08 EX-L Accords, the 6 CD changes is among the slowest I have ever experienced in terms of the time it takes to switch from one CD to the next. You wouldn't want to shuffle between CDs because it sometimes takes 10-15 seconds just for it to switch to the next CD. (One of the many reasons that I think the EX-L "upgraded" stereo is fine -- but not one that is going to impress any audiofile!!
  • henrychinaskihenrychinaski Member Posts: 12
    parviz,
    thanks for the reply. if you think of where you saw the door pieces for sale, let me know. i've looked around but could only find the pieces i already have. thanks again!
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    As far as the 08 Accord EX-L with NAV.... Am I able to put a PCIMA card in it, with like 4gb on it, to be able to play music off of it? That would be amazing!! Can all Navigations do that, since they typically have a card slot in it?

Does the navi read that on the screen... and you can go through the music, how does that work? if you know... tell me... because that right there would be a even better reason for me to get the navigation... because I love to have my music in my car, and this would be simply click on a song and play! Instantly. 4gb of music, cd changer... thats is awesome!!

Let me know!
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    Sure, I don't recall the site since I was not in the market for them but will look around and let you know if I come across it again.
    There is a card reader slot in the Navi DVD player located in the trunk, however, the owners manual states it is only for use by Honda technicians and cannot be used to play music files or display info on the Navi screen.

Regarding the mp3 CD player, yes, you can load mp3 files into folders (by artist name, for example) on a CD, and those folders (and names) will display on the Navi screen. Then you can shuffle play between all folders or just shuffle within one given folder. The song name and folder name displays on the Navi screen.
    Okay,Yes, I know, but people are doing it. A dealership told me that they were as well. If you do research online, you can also find posts of people that have been doing this with the civic and CR-V. A dealership told me that they had intended for this to happen, plus why would they make it possible for you to put in a card and play music and design the system to do that. My question is why Honda chose to not advertise it.
    If they didn't make the system to do that, then it would not work, but it is working.
    In the software they had to put some design for it to do this, because others are using this feature and had mentioned the same disclaimer you did as far as not using it for that purpose. These people simply put the card in, that had folders that held music and it was able to be navigated on the screen. I will be doing this with my navigation, and I am not worried about hurting it, because based on the reviews from others that had done this, they did not mention it hurting anything, and there were many posts, people are going to typically state any problems. The only problem they did mention, is finding the right card, they tried one and it didn't work, and then they bought another card and it worked. Once they got the card, they said it came right up, and had 2gig, or 4gig of music to play.
    My dealer knew exactly what I was talking about, and said they have had many do this with their navigation.

Other navigations in other company's cars, do this method

That is neat the screen shows all the names of the songs with the CD player. That will be helpful.
  • cody3764cody3764 Member Posts: 18
    Has anyone placed the Honda Under Body Spoiler Kit on their Accord? I have seen this accessory body panels in person and it looks really good on the Coupe. I am sure the kit components sit a tad lower to the ground than the orginal body panels. I also might be interested in the Honda HFP Sport Suspension Kit that lowers the Accord about 1" and I am wondering if there would be any scraping issues with the under body spoiler kit and the suspension kit installed with the ground? Anyone know out there?
    Anyone know why the rear view camera isn't available for the coupe? Seems like it would be another nice feature to integrate with the navi screen, but I'm not sure why it is only available for the sedan.

I backed into a low wall (no damage), but it made me realize how nice it would be to have backup sensors or a camera.
  • sikathenusikathenu Member Posts: 12
    looking to put a intake on my accord
    anyone know when one is commen out????
    need it before my lease is up!!!!!!!!...lol
    o yea bytheway its tha 190hp 4cyl...NEED SOME MORE BALLS
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    HID is legal in OEM, illlegal in after market conversion kit ...

NHTSA Cracks Down on Aftermarket HID Conversion Kits

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is targeting high-intensity discharge (HID) conversion kits for enforcement actions. NHTSA has concluded that it is impossible to produce HID conversion kits (converting a halogen system to HID) that would be compliant with the federal lighting standard, Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108. The noncompliant kits frequently include a HID bulb, a ballast, an igniter, a relay and wiring harness adapters. The NHTSA believes this equipment presents a safety risk to the public since the kits can be expected to produce excessive glare to oncoming motorists. In one investigation, the NHTSA found that an HID conversion headlamp exceeded the maximum allowable candlepower by over 800%.

Under FMVSS No. 108 Section S7.7 (replaceable light sources), each replaceable light source for headlamps must be designed to conform to the dimensions and electrical specifications for the headlamp source it is intended to replace. For example, if an HID kit is marketed as replacing an H1 light source, then it must match the H1's wire coil filament size and location, the electrical connector size and location and the ballast design for use with an H1 light source (which is impossible since there is no ballast). Consequently, companies that are manufacturing HID light sources (e.g., D1S, D1R, D2S, D2R, 9500, etc�) with incandescent light source bases (e.g., H1, H3, H7, H8, H9, H11, H13, HB1, HB2, HB3, HB4, HB5, etc) should be aware that this light source design would not be one that conforms to FMVSS No. 108, and could not be imported and sold in the United States without violating Federal law. (The importer is treated as the manufacturer and subject to the same fines and penalties that apply to a domestic manufacturer.)

NHTSA has also determined that a commonly used disclaimer "for off-road use only" has no legal meaning and is not recognized by the agency as the manufacturer, importer and retailer are not in a position to control use once a product has been sold. Any equipment offered for sale which is covered by FMVSS No. 108 (headlamps, taillamps, side markers, etc.) must comply with the standard.
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    Anybody had success adding a DVD player to their 2008 Accord? Through the dealer or after market? Screen in head rest or ceiling? How much? Any recommendations?
  • parvizparviz Member Posts: 484
    Do a post search. I remember reading here that someone added a dvd player with the screens on the head restraint.
  • astro13astro13 Member Posts: 26
    I am also interested in getting a wing or lip spoiler for my new Accord and was wondering if you can send me the pics you have available.

Thanks
  • 42624262 Member Posts: 4
    I just received my fitted cargo liner and floor mats from Weathertech. They have a nice look and feel to them. I'm glad I went with these instead of the ones from Honda, look forward to years of use.

There is about a 2 week wait on them since they don't stock them. Aside from the wait, I am very pleased!
  • victoryspeedwyvictoryspeedwy Member Posts: 1
    As we keep our cars forever, I'm concerned about scuffing the shiny door sills on our new Accord. I've seen protective tape for hoods, bumpers, headlights, etc. Who makes a durable, clear tape for door sills? Thanks in advance.
  • mrbill1957mrbill1957 Member Posts: 823
    The protective tape you mention for hoods, bumpers, headlights will work as good for the door sills. They just don't mention door sills since it's not a common area that people want protected.

There are also sill protectors for the Accord that are not the tape film type. Here is an example of what's out there:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/honda_accord_4dr_accessories/2008_accord_interi- - or.htm

Mrbill
  • mickeymouse1mickeymouse1 Member Posts: 49
    I lease a 2007 Accord EX. I do not plan to purchase the car at the end of the lease. Are there any restricitons on adding accessories to a lease? Also, any advice on where to purchase the spoiler? Is there any benefit of ordering
    through the dealer? :blush::)
    Don't worry, as long as you don't deform the look of the Accord, go all weird on it, than you can pretty much upgrade it all you want. In fact, dealers typically already do this to many of their cars on the lot before even sold, or before sold as a used car. They did this to my car when I turned it in. They even added pin strips. Of course, I would buy genuine parts for it, so it all comes together well. It only makes it look more appealing, of course to certain point. I think the deck lid spoiler looks better on the Accord than the "Wing" spoiler, but if you just get the decklid spoiler, than use lose the nice led brake lamp that comes on the wing spoiler. Black, with the decklid, looks very classy!

Remember it is a lease, 3 years does go by pretty fast, but its always cool to trick it out a bit while you have it.
  • foulmouthedleofoulmouthedleo Member Posts: 1
    I just got a 2008 LX sedan and love it. Techincally I wanted the EX or EX-L, but the price just wasn't worth it for me (well, it was but I'd rather use my money on other things). So, my option is to slowly add some stuff to my LX. I already picked up the EX alloy wheels and tires, added a leather trimmed steering wheel, etc.

What I'm really wanting to know is could I add a new center console to replace the one I have? I want XM radio but the LX doesn't have it standard, I'd have to buy something at Best Buy and I want it all to look stock. Is this possible? I'm assuming that all of the parts would techincally be interchangable in the Accord Sedan models, but no telling. Just curious...
  • kw_dakw_da Member Posts: 76
    Hi,

Thinking about putting on seat covers to protect the seats on our new 08 Accord LX-P. Has anyone any recommendations? I would like to make sure that the side airbags still work - bought some factory seat covers for our Mazda5 that had the sides cut out.

thanks

David
  • gkelmgkelm Member Posts: 9
    I'd like to see some feedback too. I stumbled on this and wasn't sure what to think...
    http://www.burlappcars.com/2007/08/2008-accord-coupe-with-ugly-aftermarket.html

Then, someone in my neighborhood recently bought a silver V6 coupe...I kept drive by to look, something about it really looked great. In addition to the dark gray painted wheels, it noticed that it had the ground effects. Looked integrated, didn't scream "aftermarket".

Greg
  • dj9dj9 Member Posts: 5
    I just got my 2009 Accord LX Sedan and need a car cover. Is one just as good as another? Any suggestions would be great, thank you!
  • tallman1tallman1 Member Posts: 1,874
    need a car cover.

Actually, there is a big difference. I've never used one but I remember reading about how the cheaper versions can easily scratch your paint. I'd try to get some personal recommendations if possible. Of course, it depends on how much you care about the finish on your car. ;)
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    For my 03 sedan, I bought the cover made for the car by Honda (from HandAaccessories.com). It is a good cover, but it is not weatherproof. The covers they sell at Pepboys fit ok, but are more likely to scratch the paint. So I used the Honda cover, and the semi waterproof cover from Pepboys over the Accord cover. For a cover that will keep the car dry in a downpour you will pay big bucks.

PS: Many covers say they are weather resistant, which is not even close to weatherproof. Check the fine print on that.
  • ocanuckocanuck Member Posts: 1
    Mine is a 2008 Ex-L-V6.
    I am planning to put on a set of winter tires this winter and like to mount them on alloys. I understand the wheels are 17 x 7.5". Can someone please advice on the bolt pattern & offset?

Many Thanks!
  • themantheman Member Posts: 2
    I found a good price on invisible floor mats for my new Honda Odyssey at
    http://www.thematsite.com/

Check it out ! :):D
  • malvarez934malvarez934 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a 2009 Accord EX-L and added through the dealer the remote started option, the dealer use the Audiovox APS57A (Prestige) three bottom model, work fine but once the car has been started it won't open the trunk, I do understand that once you use the remote started it override the original Honda keyless entry but the trunk can't be open with either keyless pad. I either turn off the car use the remote started and the I can open the trunk using either keyless pad or if I want to keep the car on I have to open the car and use the internal leveler to open the trunk.

I found out after the car was delivered one day at the mall where I had the car started remotely and when I got to it and wanted to open the trunk to load the packages it would not open with either remote, so I has to open the door and open the trunk manually.

When the car is off either control will open the trunk or the doors.

I went back to the dealer I they call the installer and he indicated that they are having problems with the 2009 Accord and they were going to contact Honda !!!!

Does anyone else have the same problem or do you have any idea of what is the problem??
    I would have stuck with the Genuine Honda Remote start. I am not sure why the dealer decided to install an aftermarket brand system on the car. That was a bad move on their part. It is a very nice feature to have, and I use it all the time, but not being able to access the trunk would put a damper on that.

I am not sure why the need to call Honda, only for wiring advice, but when using a different brand other than a Honda product, not sure they can offer much.

I am sorry this is happening. I would either ask for it to be fixed or have them use the actual product that was intended for this car. It is not different than going to best buy and having them put a system on. This could void warranties, hopefully the dealer sees the risk they took.
  • malvarez934malvarez934 Member Posts: 2
    Well I agree with you 100% and her is an interesting point why would I Honda Dealer who is under contract with Honda push someone else product instead of the manufacture original equipment???, probably because they can make a larger profit from sales of a third party device ????, I be honest I always like to go with the OEM equipment but I tell you the business manager bad talks the Honda remote stated in every single possible way you can think off, as if it is too expensive, it only comes with one remote keypad, etc. etc.
    At this time I am waiting for the dealer to get back with the replay from Honda engineering and they with either get it working the proper way, replace it or take it out and I will go to another Honda dealer that uses a product that works.
    I hope that maybe the manufacture takes a look a this board and maybe get some ideas of what goes on out here.
    Well, if they take much longer, you tell them to take the whole thing out. You can simply state that it is interfering with the functions of the car. I would assume the dealer would want to be in good standing with you. But, you did not ask for this problem when buying a new problem. I would file a report through honda, informing them of the situation. That way if there are further issues, they have a file to start from.

Tell them you want the Honda remote start to be installed. Since, the product installed is could void warranties. Insist on that.
  • auctionplusauctionplus Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have the dealer installed Honda Bluetooth? We are looking to buy an Accord, want the bluetooth, but not the Nav.

If you have it, how does it work? Is it integrated with the factory stereo?

Much thanks.
  • jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    Does anyone know of online sites that sell geninue Honda Accord accessories like trunk trays, mud guards, etc. at a lower or reduced price? Buying directly from Honda is expensive. Any good places that sell at a discount? Thanks.
    I'm a fan of this place: HandA

Here are a couple of others that some folks around here like: Bernardi or Majestic
  • elroy5elroy5 Member Posts: 3,735
    These online sites have great prices. The only problem is the shipping charges (especially on large items like a trunk tray or front spoiler). What you might want to try is printing out the prices of the items you want from HandA, and bring them with you to the dealership. They may not match the prices, but they should give you a better price than they would have without it. I did this twice at my local dealership, and one time they matched the price, and the other time it didn't quite get there. Good luck
  • augustus12345augustus12345 Member Posts: 13
    Hi -

I just purchased a 2009 Accord EX-L with Nav (4cyl). I was considering added splash guards and a rear deck lid spoiler (lip). I've also looked at the rear view camera, but before sinking more $$$ wanted to get anyone's experiences - e.g., was it "worth it" did it work - will it help resale etc? Any advice is helpful. Thanks
    Hi -

anyone know if you can replace the bumper on a 2009 accord with a v6 bumper (sedan) to add the factor fog lamps to the 4 cyl?
    I was considering added splash guards and a rear deck lid spoiler (lip)

I have the splash guards on my 06 and they've been well worth it for me. Some people feel they look good on some colors and not others (they blend in well on my Silver Accord). I like them a lot. They help quite a bit here in western Washington's rain.

Any type of spoiler will illicit many types of responses... some people hate them and some love them. It is best to go with your own personal preferences. I doubt it will help with resale because you will have the same preference issue. Of course, if it is a lousy installation, it will hurt resale.
    anyone know if you can replace the bumper on a 2009 accord with a v6 bumper (sedan) to add the factor fog lamps to the 4 cyl?

Wouldn't it be easier and a lot cheaper to just buy the fog light kit?
    It would - but have you seen the black fog lights They really look bad - even black on black - looks like a bad aftermarket part.
  • c1v1c5360c1v1c5360 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2007 2dr Civic EX and a 2008 Honda Accord LX which i have upgraded both of the sound systems. My problem is, on my 07 civic of course you stand outside of the car and u can hear the trunk rattle and the inside sounds crystal clear! on the 08 accord same thing but i am getting a rattling noise that sometimes overpowers my sounds and might i add they both are running 2 12" subs with 1000 watt amps with 2 farad caps, but the accords rattle is mind boggling! i dynamatted as much as i could with out taking apart the back dash. Has anyone else had or have this problem? or even maybe a way to take apart the back dash so i can line it with spray foam or dynamat?

Thanks for any advice that is given!

and yes even the littlest hint or tricks or solutions would be great!
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Are you sure it isn't the license plate rattling?
    Yes im sure...ive been doing self installs for myself and many friends for a while now its easy to pin point most rattles on any car but when it comes to my 08 accord theres something in the back dash thats rattling. but thank you for trying to help!
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Sorry to hear that. I used to be able to hear my tag rattle when going over bumps. Had to tighten it and then I was rattle-free. Thought I'd mention it. Good luck rattle-hunting!
  • jmillerjmillerjmillerjmiller Member Posts: 113
    Just to chime in that some dealers do this. My first Accord (1993) I bought with the understanding they were putting in the CD changer and alarm. Come delivery day, it had a Sony aftermarket changer, and an Automate alarm - same price as the Honda ones, of course. Raised a stink, and they put in the Honda changer with the special trunk mount and the controls that replaced a cubby under the radio. Left the automate alarm, as it worked, but made a mental note for the future about spelling it out. This was a dealer near East Brunswick, NJ.
    thanks buddy! i am almost tempted to rip apart my back dash and just goto town with sum dynamat
  • dnv100dnv100 Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2009 Accord EX-L V6 without navigation. How can I add bluetooth? Cost? Thanks.
  • master_ryumaster_ryu Member Posts: 47
    Has anybody asked Honda to install the camera on the coupe? Has the response been black and white NO? I know officially it's only for the Sedan, but I'm wondering if some dealerships will do it for you regardless if you buy the actual component from them? I've heard it's not too difficult of an install, but I rather not attempt to drill holes and rip apart panels if I can avoid it..haha. Thanks.
  • sancho_panzasancho_panza Member Posts: 7
    Since you mention the rattle is coming from the back dash of the car, it may be related or similar to the rear shelf rattle issue discussed on the forum section: Honda Accord (2008-) Maintenance and Repair. Try post # 1091. Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.