Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn Outlook Transmission Problems

Comments

• bratskebratske Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2013
    What can be done to recall these GM vehicles. I own a 2008 Outlook, my steering column was making a strange whining noise. My passenger seat sensor wasn't turning on when someone would sit in the seat and I was getting a "check brakes" sign. I took it to the local dealer and the only thing that was out on my car was a bulletin regarding a gear in the steering column. That was repaired along with the replacing the master cylinder and the passenger seat sensor. All of this would have cost me $1800, but my service tech was so great. She called GM to get them to cover part of the cost. I only had to pay $600 for everything. NOW, I'm looking at around a $2k repair because I'm leaking oil and I'm being told it has something to do with the time cover gasket, I don't remember becuase I tuned the guy out once he said the repair could be $2k. These items shouldn't be breaking on a vehicle, which at the time, had about 60k miles on it. Since then, I've been getting letters from a law firm regarding my vehicle. Has anyone filed suit? I LOVE everything my vehicle has to offer as far as size and how it suits my family, but I just can't deal with the repairs. I was thinking about getting and Acadia or Traverse, but after reading what I've read and those being by GM as well, I'm extremely hesitant.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    bratske,
    If you would like for us to check into anything further for you on this situation, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com with further details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • frs929frs929 Member Posts: 51
    GM wont recall because they are cheap and dont stand behind their product.
  • crewfan20crewfan20 Member Posts: 6
    Everything that has happened to you just happened to me. The service stabilitrak, service traction control, oil pressure low stop engine and engine light. I don't know what you mean by your car wont run well but here are the problems I had when it was happening. My car would feel like it was going to die, I would hear the engine over my radio when I would turn left and I couldn't get the car out of park. I had it towed in after the aaa guy got it out of park. I was told I had "no oil in the engine". Which wasn't true or my engine would have seized up. They went on to say that there was no oil on the dipstick. That is very different from no oil in the engine. I was told that I didn't have a leak and that I must half burned the oil but there was no problem. I don't understand that one. They changed my oil and told me that the service traction control, service stabiltrak and check engine light was because I needed a computer upgrade. They ignored the noise I told them it was making.

A week later my check engine light came on again with no other messages. I took it back in. They told me intially that my timing chain is stretched and needs replaced. It is covered by the powertrain warranty which is over is 6 months or 2,000 miles which ever is sooner. They have had my car since Thursday. I was able to get a rental car on Friday once they realized it was covered. I got a call this morning that I will not get my car back until Wednesday or Thursday. They think in edition to the timing chain they have to replace guides and cylinder(s). Luckily everything is under the powertrain warranty.

I got to wonder though if they were hoping initially they could put a band aid on it and hope that my powertrain warranty expired before I had anymore problems. They should have everything the first time and not discounted anything I said.
  • crewfan20crewfan20 Member Posts: 6
    One frustration I am having right now is that fact that the dealer ignored my concerns over my antilock brakes. When I took my car in a couple of weeks ago for the problems in my previous post I let them know that my antilock brakes are kicking in at times right now that they have never done before. They just blew off my concerns, but I am afraid that something is wrong. I am not sure what to do about it. Do I keep complaining about it or do I take it to another dealer once I get my car back? I have been driving my outlook to work for the last 4 1/2 years and I had never had my antilock brakes kick in until I got my car back after the transmission was rebuilt in November. Now everytime I get off the freeway to go to work and on the freeway to go home my antilock brakes kick in. A friend of mine thinks it could be the sensors in the tires that tells the antilock brakes to kick in. What do you guys think?
    crewfan20,

Keep us posted on how everything looks once you get your vehicle back this week. If there is anything you would like for us to check into in the mean time, please don't hesitate to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).

• jerry194jerry194 Member Posts: 7
    2008 Outlook 115k miles, transmission control module - dealer wants $1,500 to repair. is this fair?
  • mruffinimruffini Member Posts: 14
    Fair? Maybe from a price perspective. But it's not fair, since EVERY outlook has this issue.....(just my 2 cents).
  • jerry194jerry194 Member Posts: 7
    My thoughts exactly!
  • overwhelmed2overwhelmed2 Member Posts: 11
    You have only hit the beginning of your nightmare. Read all of these complaints. I have just about every one of them wrong with my 2008 Saturn Outlook at this point.
  • outlookmikeoutlookmike Member Posts: 2
    Girlfriend is sitting on a bridge in Seattle at the moment - transmission went out completely, car won't catch and go into gear and I see that it is a common issue.

Can anyone give me the starting point or contact #'s for getting to GM Customer Service to see if we might be one of the lucky ones who gets some help/ assistance?

I see where there is a GM service rep on here, but do not know how to message her directly.

My friend is a Trauma Nurse in ER in Seattle - like many, her transportation is critical and her budget is lmited.

Thanks in advance for all help and advice
  • madmom10madmom10 Member Posts: 1
    We have a 07 Saturn outlook and it is a piece of junk. Just repaired the Stabilitrak, loss of power issue. The power steering is out for the 4th time and they finally dug a little deeper to diagnose a leaking gear. It needs a new water pump due to a coolant leak, had an engine oil leak and some other leak that costs $600 to repair and it needs a new timing chain. The passenger seat airbag nodule is out and costs $770 to repair and the thermostat and radio have had intermittent issues since purchase but the dealer could never duplicate issue when in the shop so they never fixed either. Called GM about the power steering ridiculousness of having to replace the power steering every 1 1/2 years but since we have 12500 miles on it, they don't care. I heard of GM goodwill policy but it must be phony because neither the dealer nor customer service seem to care that this car has serious issues that should be addressed because it's consistent on so many Outlooks and Acadias. They put out a bad product and do not stand behind it. We also had the headlight issue, two new front struts and a complete transmission fail at 98000. We also had the same transmission issues with lack of acceleration that have been frustrating and dangerous throughout the life of the car. It's currently in the shop with a $4600 repair bill that doesn't even address all it's issues because we can't afford to.
  • outlookmikeoutlookmike Member Posts: 2
    I've noticed replies to messages posted here form GM Customer service....how do you get their attention here? Is there a way to contact someone directly via email?

It's regarding this post:
    #630 of 631 Contact Info for 07 Outlook Tranny Problems? by outlookmike
    Mar 05, 2013 (7:57 pm)

Girlfriend is sitting on a bridge in Seattle at the moment - transmission went out completely, car won't catch and go into gear and I see that it is a common issue.

Can anyone give me the starting point or contact #'s for getting to GM Customer Service to see if we might be one of the lucky ones who gets some help/ assistance?

I see where there is a GM service rep on here, but do not know how to message her directly.

My friend is a Trauma Nurse in ER in Seattle - like many, her transportation is critical and her budget is lmited.

Thanks in advance for all help and advice
    ----------------------------------

UPDATE:

The garage where her car was towed ran diagnostics and told her the it was a "wave plate" issue that required the replacement of the entire transmission to the tune of $5000.

We're at a loss as to what the next step should be since the feedback here is across the board from "$100 deductible and GM was wonderful" to "nada, nothing no help I'll never buy GM again"...

HELP AND GUIDANCE APPRECIATED!
    outlookmike,
    We're sorry to hear about this situation and would be glad to look into this further (although we can't guarantee results up front). We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation) or the Customer Assistance Center can be reached by phone at 800-553-6000 ( Hours: Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm ET).
    Depends if your in warranty or not. One sec past the 5 yr / 100,000 miles and they won't do anything for you. They sure dont stand behind their product. I am one says GM is crap. I didn't buy a GM when I recently bought a car. Good luck
  • schexnailderschexnailder Member Posts: 9
    Here I go again with another problem with my 2008 Saturn Outlook! Now the transmission went out on us at 80,000 miles and just missing the power train warranty by 2 months.

Traveling down the road and it just goes out on us with no warning before hand. We had stabilitrack flashing the day before, then it stopped. This problem can be added to my long list of problems with this vehicle:

-Front headlight wires melting causing headlight failure

-Oil problem light showing up, but nothing can be found that is wrong

-Steering problem and GM having no true way to fix, as per the dealership service manager, so patched it. Still having problems never was truly fixed!

-Service engine light with codes saying emissions problem, but nothing can be found

-Electronic fold mirrors stopped working

-Hatchback hydrolic lifts gave out

And now complete transmission failure! In the process of talking to GM about covering the repairs since this is a known problem with these vehicles since they used too small of a transmission with these size vehicles! Complete incompetence and a faulty design and GM is not standing behind their product! All add up to Government Motors for sure!!!!!!!!
    Welcome to the club. My 07 Outlook transmission went out at 87000 miles and two months past the 5 yr warranty. GM did nothing because they suck .
    Well I would love to say "thanks for welcoming me", but not so in this case! We currently own a business that buys nothing but GM products. In fact, we just purchased two GM products within the last month. At this point if it isn't repaired at their cost, we are walking away from GM and going to Ford. Have always been a loyal GM customer, but it looks like it might be time to go!
    She won't be able to help you cause I have been on the phone with GM and even though there is a service bulletin on this issue, they refuse to admit it's a faulty product. Well they have just lost a customer and our business purchases GM vehicles, in fact, we just purchased two in the last couple of months. We are leaving GM for good...going to Ford. It's a big problem when a manufacturer does not back up their products!
    Just filed my complaint with NHTSA, but who knows this is all government we are dealing with and I am sure nothing will be done! Well I can do my part and say goodbye to GM and will tell everyone I can to beware when buying GM!

If you want to file a complaint, here is the link:

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/index.xhtml
  • crazyoutlookcrazyoutlook Member Posts: 6
    My 07 outlook has had problems that continue to manifest. Leaking power steering pump, broken auto lift gate, leaking roof ( non sunroof btw), driver seat does not adjust, broken side view mirror motor, sticking auto shifter do to water leaking into gear casing. Complete lemon and only has 65,000 miles on it!
    I contacted Sarah regarding all my 2008 Saturn and Ralley Cheverolet issues which were many and Sarah started a formal complaint for me with GM. I have just now been contacted by a district manager to do a formal investigation into my many issues with my car. All of which are listed in all of your complaints and more. She will get back to me tomorrow regarding her findings. We shall see what they can do. All of my problems started while I was still under warranty. Now I am beyond frustrated with a $10,000 owing on my car and no car to drive.

I even offered to have them buy me out of the car and I will purchase a new car from them. I just want out of this car.
  • mruffinimruffini Member Posts: 14
    Good luck! I was there a couple of years ago with my Saturn (07) after having to replace the transmission, etc...it was escalated to a district manager, and at the end they ended up giving me 2 free oil changes. After yelling at the manager, I think I got an extra free oil change...all at my local Saturn dealership--which was null and void once they close down...maybe you will have better luck!
    At least you got some oil changes. I spent $3800 to repair our. 07 Outlook transmission and got nothing from GM. They will take bailout money and won't help their customers. No wonder they are going down the drain
  • fhhcfhhc Member Posts: 1
    Our 2009 outlook started hesitation issues at higher speeds. Then we watched the gas mileage drop to 11 MPG, with the check engine light flickering and staying on at times!!!
    We took it to the GM dealer who quickly determined that we need a purge valve, a fuel tank pressure sensor and an injector flush. $910.00 chrarge for two hours worth of work. OK, again. We drove the car out of the parking light that evening, same problem. Nothing is fixed after $910?
    So if GM cannot compete in building good cars, does it also lack the skills at the repair shop to stand behind their products? Is it just a matter of reading codes and replacing parts? Is test driving after the repair is completed, too much to ask?
    I called the dealer and he asked that I bring the car back. But after reading all the issues with the Saturn and the lack of GM support, I am skeptical. The symptoms with our car seem to be the low gas mileage and the hesitation at higher speeds. It's like the power cuts off for a split of a second, two three time in a row, while cruising or slightly accelerating....did anyone else experience the exact same issues?
    My concern right now is for the dealer to start replacing a bunch of unnecessary parts, at an outrageous cost, without solving the problem and before I escalate the issue.
    Thanks!
    fhhc,
    We're sorry that your visit to the dealership did not resolve the concern you're having with your Outlook. If we can check into this situation further, including contacting your dealership, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
    Sarah,

The PROBLEM wasn't the dealership...the problem was GM! You guys are the ones that didn't want to pay for this defect! It will take a class action law suit to remedy this lemon of a vehicle because GM DOES NOT stand behind their products, period! So Sarah, I really don't think GM is sorry, please go feed your BS to someone else!
  • donmccdonmcc Member Posts: 7
    I owe a post-mortem on our issue. GM agreed to pay half of the transmission repair, which still cost me ~$1800. However, since my Outlook was a few weeks out of warranty at the point I took it to the dealer, they could have told me to pound sand so I appreciate their support. As I mentioned in an earlier update, GM customer service was great to work with on this. The dealer's service advisor was another matter. GM should take some proactivity with this know transmission problem, and perhaps save some future (repeat) customers. If it causes financial distress, just go get some more Obamabucks!
  • kmanzikmanzi Member Posts: 7
    Hi folks,
    I posted messages on here months ago, and I continue see the same problems crop up or people begin to realize this is not "normal". I thought I would add my 2 cents in again to let everyone know of my experience with the dealer and GM, which wasted months of my life which I finally consulted with an attorney and believes I have a good case on my hands. It took lots of documentation, phone calls, complaints to National Hwy Safety, Better Business Bureau for autos, Dept of Consumer Protection in Michigan, and on and on....

First off...please realize...GM outsources their front line calls. Forget the Saturn number, they redirect you to GM. Their goal is to prevent you from taking further action and moving up the chain to the "real corporate". This outsourced company will pretend and NOT ADMIT to be outsourced or the real company name...but you can get their name...and do some checks on Linked In....it's funny that its all right there that they work for XYZ Company, as Outsourced Customer Service for GM. Some workers heard my story and couldnt believe what they were hearing. THey did the standard "escalate to district manager, and review a deal with manager"...its all a dog and pony show. The ONLY offer I ever received, which seems to be the standard is $2k...towards the purchase of a NEW GM car! Once you make a complaint to the Better Business Bureau (you need to find out the lemon law/used car/new car rules by state...I had to go through the Better Business Bureau for autos - maybe because my car was technically used with 1,000 miles on it). Once you go to the BBB, you are moved to a new department. This department will try to poke holes in your claim...you must be knowledgeable and correct their insuficient knowledge of mechanics. Dont forget they are not GM employees, their goal is to make you go away. You are not allowed out of this group, until your BBB claim has been reviewed and a determination has been made. I wouldnt be surprised if BBB takes payoffs because I couldnt believe the letter I received. But anyways... I finally moved up into the real GM offices. But...be sure to have your story down pat, you will need to explain it over and over and over again, while you are passed around to FAKE management and FAKE excalation. I was asking for a brand new transmission in my outlook and recoup my outlay of approx $6k in excessive fuel charges. You will need to read my posts to understand how I got there...believe me...its accurate and I can prove it in court (and will...Thanks to Onstar with tire pressure,and consistent maintenance records etc.) In the end....it all came right back down to their initial offer of $2k...towards another GM vehicle... now why on earth would I be so stupid to do that to myself after the months of run around and years of paying excessive fuel charges due to a computer software upgrade for my transmission hesitation problem. (Basically the software told the transmission to spit more fuel out to compensate for the hesitation at highway speeds). I tracked mileage and fuel consumption for about a year so I know I was accurate (with mix of roads and hwy).

I am going to court shortly now that I have the time to dedicate to it again. But GM has been a terrible experience...they take our bailout money for help...but they can't seem to "pay it forward". I hope this helps... fyi - to the social media folks...I was once hopeful they would help out, but as usual they all come to dead ends. I had 4 separate complaint issue #'s....nobody knew how to tie they all together. Some had to open a new complaint # and I would have to start all over again!...
    See my older posts for specific informaiton on the mechanical problems...
    http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f199096/32!keywords=#MSG32
    there are a couple more too...
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The last I heard, GM outsources customer service calls to IBM. No idea where all their call centers are but some CSR jobs are moving soon to Warren MI. (Detroit News)

Good luck in court (and if we don't hear back from you, we'll assume a non-disclosure agreement was part of a settlement. :shades: ).
  • outlooknotgoodoutlooknotgood Member Posts: 3
    Me too. This is not good. I just found out my 2007 outlook transmission needs to be replaced at 74k miles. Just want everyone to know you are not the only one it is happing to. I am going to try to get help from GM or hopefully my dealership will help.
    outlooknotgood,
    Let us know if we can look into anything for you in this situation with your Outlook's transmission. We can be reached via email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation).
    Just an update on my transmission problems. I called the GM/saturn customer service center and they did help me pay for my new transmission. My $3500 transmission ended up only costing $1400. Still a lot and a transmission should last longer than 74k miles but at least a little help was given. You do call a call center but they were nice and helpful, also my dealership was super helpful too. They gave me a loaner car while they were fixing mine. They also talked to the saturn call center to get a price for me.
    I was wondering if you were out of warranty with your Outlook? We were two months beyond the 5 yr warranty and got no help what so ever
    Our warranty expired in June/or July of 2012 so we were 8 months or so past its 5 yr. I called 800-553-6000. Good Luck I hope this helps.
  • jhookhamjhookham Member Posts: 2
    We have an 08 XR, and it's been a very good to us. Just two days ago my wife mentioned that the transmission was shifting hard into 3rd gear and shuttering in reverse. I went out to check the fluid. And after fighting with the "cable stick" and trying to decifer it... was found to be low on fluid.

I tried to look in the manual to see if Saturn had put in any assistance in this. To my suprise... there is plent of instruction if you have a AWD version and how to check the transfer case... but NOTHING on how to check the cable.

Well after adding a quart of transmission fluid, it seemed to indicate correctly. But after driving it, it still was shuttering. So I looked online and found some people with advice... and added an additional quart (yes.. while the engine was running and it was hot). Then I could see that there was the proper amount of fluid. I drove it around and, driving forward it now shifts good. There is still now some hesitation in reverse at first... I'm hoping it's just air stuck in the torque converter and needing to work it's way out.

The angering part is I've check the fluid before, and seen fluid where I thought it should be... but with no clear instruction in the owners manual it was hard to tell. I now know what I was seeing was fluid being splashed up in the fluid well, making it look like there was enough fluid. After research of my own, I now know the little weight needs to be "coated" well in order to indicate correctly. I am hoping there is no permenant damage due to not having been give proper instruction from GM on this... and wondering if this could be a cause of the problems the car is having..... poor instruction from the get go. I've read through some of the posts that have includes good fixes (seeming mostly from non GM shops) and the parts replaced would have been first damaged by this.

So a bit angry at this. I work on aircraft and they have to spell it out to a "T" on how fluids are to be checked and what the indication is to look like... otherwise the manufacturer will have a huge liability case against them. Yet here there is nothing.
  • 07outlook07outlook Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for your post. We bought a use 2007 Outlook in Feb. 2011. The 5 year powertrain warranty expired in June 2012. While visiting family out of town this weekend, we got off the highway and onto a less busy road and while accelerating from a stop it wouldn't shift into 3rd gear. We were going to take it to a transmission shop where a friend of the family works, but after reading your posts and getting the GM number from you we called and were told to take it to a GM dealer. It won't get looked at until Monday. It only has 65k miles on it. Really hoping that we have similar outcome as you and get GM to cover some if not all of the repairs. Very disappointed this happened at such low mileage, but appreciate this forum and the iPhone that was able to give some guidance.
  • cocupidcocupid Member Posts: 14
    I was reviewing some posts here in Edmunds since my last visit in this forum when my water pump gave out a couple of days after having my 3-5-r wave plate (transmission) replaced. It occurred to me that there were several posts that had '07 Outlooks that still had warranties and a few '08 that warranties were expired. Some of these folks received assistance from GM and some did not (as in our case). Could someone please explain this to me and how this is possible? How does GM determine when your vehicle is out of warranty? I understand the 100,000 mile situations but I'm a bit baffled on the 2007 vs 2008 thing. Is this like playing the shell game where underneath there might be a warranty and there might not?
  • donmccdonmcc Member Posts: 7
    I can't address the warranty issue, but it caught my attention that your water pump failed after transmission replacement. I had the exact same situation this winter. GM spent almost four weeks repairing my transmission (08 Outlook) and two weeks later (last week) my water pump went out. Much cheaper to repair...
  • chico53968chico53968 Member Posts: 9
    I dumped my 08 outlook that transmission and water pump went at 86 k. I receive daily notices still on issues with this car. I sold it before I was more in the hole since GM did nothing for me. It's a really issue with this car so I wanted to sale :) it before it was worth even less. Really surprised there isn't a lawsuit. I own a Toyota now! Never buying GM again. Goodluck!
  • jhookhamjhookham Member Posts: 2
    Well, after the transmission fluid checking episode was done, the transmission seemed to be getting better. But pulling into the neighborhood after church tonight the car sliped and the check engine light came on. I pulled out my code reader once I got home and P0717 - input speed sensor low message was given. Well at first I thought I'd just get a new sensor, but then decided to research is more. Aparently this could be a false code http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5lNmwd2P4A

The easiest way is to either pull the sensor yourself, or a mechanic, and see if there is metal shavings onthe sensor... then the wave plate has broken... which apparently is a very common problem from my mechanic friends i've talked to tonight. They are very surprised this hasn't been a GM recall because if affects the Acadia, Oulook... and other Lambda cars. :mad: Either way I'm gonna have to call around some transmission shops (our local GM dealer cannot be trusted, tried to bill me "oil reclamation fee" for getting a copy of a key) and get estimates on possible repair/rebuild... but unless the plate is made of better material.. my mechanic friends tell me it could go again in another 65-80K miles.

Maddening thing is, this is what my wife takes my 5 children around in... and we have dr apts that will have to be cancelled since she no longer has reliable transportation. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • 07outlook07outlook Member Posts: 3
    I can't comment on the warranty differences. An update on where we are....basically nowhere at this point. Our transmission went out on Saturday, March 30. Took it to GM dealer and called GM Customer Service. On Monday dealer called to say it was a clutch plate or wave plate that failed, as so many have, and the transmission needs replaced for $3500 before taxes. Spoke to GM on Monday, they will look into it and "do something for us". It was escalated to a District Specialist who I finally spoke to today. We need to have the transmission torn apart a more thorough diagnosis made, on our dime! Then they can determine if they will help us. It has taken almost a whole week to get that far. Certainly hope they will do something since it is the clutch/wave plate. I do have the TSB printed off and so does the dealer, but we are waiting now.
    Good luck to anyone else dealing with this problem.
    We had the same problem with our Outlook. Didnt take it to a GM dealer and it cost us $3500. Found out later its a known problem. GM wouldnt do anything for us since we didnt take it to them first. Transmission still broke at 87000. They didnt even call AAMCO and find out what the problem was. GM doesnt stand behind its products thats for sure
    Sorry to hear about your trouble 07outlook. Many of us in this forum have been there and dealt with the 3-5-R wave plate already. Please do post again what your outcome endings up being with GM & whether they help you out or notin this forum. BTW, have they said whether you're still under warranty or not?? What is the mileage? Good luck to you!
    I can totally relate to your situation. I have had my 2008 Outlook in the shop 5 times now for the same thing. Each time they fix something and tell me its done. Well now I have a non-working car that still does the same thing. So i assume they like guessing what it is and make us pay for their lack of experience/knowledge. I paid for the transmission to be redone, I paid for many :mad: things they told me were the problem. Now every warning light is coming on and I have no car. Good luck to you. GM seems to be trying to help me, but I have not gotten anywhere for 6 months trying. I still have a non-working car that I have to pay for and have poured over $2,000 into to fix the same problem.
    Hi there,

I read over your post and am interested in looking deeper into the issues with your 2008 Outlook. Did GM Customer Service by chance give you a case number to track your complaint? Could you also send me you VIN number so that I can research more about your vehicle issue.

Amber N.
    GM Customer Care
  • jeremy03021836jeremy03021836 Member Posts: 6
    Have read multiple posts concerning the Outlook's transmission. Anyone who has had theirs replaced notice any symptoms/abnormalities before the transmission went out? Our Outlook feels like the transmission is slipping/hesitating when driving on the highway (not so much in town). Have taken to dealership and independent mechanics but no one can offer any kind of diagnosis.

So far we have replaced the following:
    Headlights
    Headlight wiring harnesses
    Crankshaft
    Crankshaft bearing and
    Exhaust Manifold

Just passed the 100K mile mark - hoping it's nothing but experience with this vehicle tells me to prepare for the worst.

Thanks!
    In hindsight we experienced what you are describing with our transmission too. When we first purchased our used Saturn (Late summer '12) we had just lost our T-boned V8 Ford Expedition. Having no prior experience with V6 vehicles (all of our other vehicles are V8 Ford's as well, a Mustang & an F150) we thought the hesitation when passing on the highway or accelerating in general was just due to being unfamiliar with the car. The day prior to the transmission failing completely I had trouble shifting into reverse but thought I had accidently shifted into neutral. Coming home the following day, after just pulling off of the highway onto my slightly inclining driveway, the car would no longer go forward. At the same time the 'check engine light' lit up and that was it. And there it sat over the weekend until it was towed to the dealer that coming Monday. I now believe that the transmission was on the outs from day one. Even though we had the car checked out by two independent shops prior to buying it & they never mentioned a possible problem with the transmission and one of those auto techs had 12+ years experience working on GM cars.
    Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hope yours isn't headed down that road. There are alot of posts in this forum for 3-5-R Wave Plate issues. Not only for the Saturn, but all the others vehicles that have this particular wave plate (i.e. Acadia, etc). And that list is rather lengthy. I'm not sure who to credit anymore in this Edmunds forum, but that person 'enlightened' me to that fact that we are unfortunately not alone with the link below several months ago. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM-Ford_6-speed_automatic_transmission
    Please keep us posted here in this forum on your situation and good luck to you!
    Oh did I mention that the water pump went out 4 days after we got the vehicle back from the dealer repairing the transmission? No, I don't think I did. That repair is unfortunately well documented in this forum also.
    Your problems sounds a lot like mine. I had a slight jerking feeling while on the highway going 50-60 mph or so. Kinda felt like hesitation shifting. They have had my car 5 times in the shop each time telling me something different. Still had problem even after paying to have transmission redone. Now I am left with a big pile of steel that wont move.

GM was trying to work with Rally who tried to fix my problem when it was under warranty, but now my estimate of $3,500 has increased to $4,800 and they will pay 30% of that. funny price goes up 1,300 dollars and they will pay 30%. Rally claimed I refused the service when I took it in. Big lie as I saved all paperwork and had everything fixed each time. They never got to the bottom of what was really wrong wtih my car. Now it doesn't work. I suggest checking that wave plate thing as that is probably the only thing that they did not do for me.

Good luck and sorry about your car.