Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey Interior Questions and Problems

donalduckdonalduck Member Posts: 16
Dear all, the armrest is supposed to go horizontal to the level when it is put down, but for my 07 Odyssey, they are both rest on whatever they hit an obstacle underneath. When I turn them, I can hear some click sound in the middle when they are supposed to stop but they don't stop. Is that an issue or it was made like that? Armrest for the 2nd row passenger seats are all normal. Have you seen this?

Comments

• dagaleaadagaleaa Member Posts: 1
    We have purchased a 2007 Odyssey several weeks ago---got a really good deal on the out-going 2007 models. We have two medium size dogs--Corgis--that travel in two medium size dog crates. We got the Odyssey thinking they could jump in and out on their own ( the Honda Pilot we did have required us to lift the dogs each and every time they got in and out--our poor backs!). We got the Odyssey home, and found there are absolutely no hooks in this vehicle to secure the dog crates. We can't believe this! We use bungee cords to secure the crates as best as we can. Has anyone else encountered this same problem, and what was your solution? We are going to consider purchasing a harness device that attaches to the seat belts and the dogs have to sit quietly in seats, but there is a learning curve to this process.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    try VELCRO tapes. Use cloth tie/secure to the crates. The cloth should had VELCRO (male) tape on it, then the other opposite part of VELCRO (female) tape are mounted on the car panel.
  • seatsseats Member Posts: 1
    We are looking for a possible set-up for 3 kids in the second row (2 toddlers and 1 infant) and would be grateful for anyone's experience with Odyssey vs. Sienna in this regard.

At first glance, both have options for middle seat, but we are unclear if only the Sienna has the latch system for this middle seat and not the Odyssey.

Does anyone currently use the 2nd row for 3 kids? We are concerned that we will not hear 2 toddlers in the 3rd row. What do folks recommend?

Many thanks in advance.
    Seat Help!
  • angelchicagoangelchicago Member Posts: 38
    We just got the 07 ody. We have 3 kids age 8,6 and 5 (bit older then your kids). I do not believe you will have any problems space wise in getting 3 kids to comfortably and safely all sit in 2nd row.

The real issue is whether you prefer all seat in 2nd row or split their seating between 2nd and 3rd row. Since the 3 seats in the 2nd row is new for us we decided as an experiment to have all 3 kids in 2nd row. I say experiment because with the middle seat in use in the 2nd row you will lose the ability to "easily" get back into the third row. After a 1 month trial we find our kids love to all be together in the 2nd row, but as parents I would prefer them split between 2nd and 3rd row. This is because since they are now so close together they tend to fight more often. We have chosen to keep all kids in 2nd row because that is what they like so they kindof won this one. We also like the idea of the 8th seat as it comes in handy from time to time. The middle seat in the 2nd row is kindof a mini-seat. We found our eldest daughter who is tall for her age can safely sit in this seat w/o booster seat. Had it been a regular size seat this would not be possible.
  • mfletou1mfletou1 Member Posts: 508
    A big consideration for us was how the car seats actually fit. To find out, we took test drives with our son's car seats fully installed like it would be if we owned the vehicle.

The results surprised me.

We have a Britax Roundabout car seat. Right now, rear facing, that will change in 2 months.

In the Sienna, with the seat installed in the 2nd row passenger side, the front passenger side seat had to be moved forward in order for it to fit. It ate up all the room between the first and second row. I thought that the front pax seat was REALLY lacking room with it moved forward enough to fit the carseat in the second row.

In the Ody, quite a big difference. Not only could the front pax seat be all the way back, there is still a few inches clearance between rows.

So...big advantage for the Odyssey there. We ended up buying one, and that is one of the reasons we feel good about it. Plus, if you act quickly you can get a 2007 Ody, and you'll save thousands and get a great deal.
  • hangaralf1hangaralf1 Member Posts: 107
    i think that this is an issue. if i'm correct, the ex and up models have armrests that have adjustable positions (at least in the driver seat). i only know this because my lx has only one position (too low for me at that) and my neighbors ex-l has a multiposition one (which i like much better). if you have an ex, i suspect that your position detents (for lack of a better phrase) are stripped. take it to the dealer.
  • woodchuckiewoodchuckie Member Posts: 8
    I lower mine all the way down from vertical and lift slightly and it catches at an angle. I lift a little more and it'll catch there where I like it. I haven't tried another position.
  • woodchuckiewoodchuckie Member Posts: 8
    We wanted leather and the Sienna 2nd Row eighth seat didn't come with leather.
  • iwantmymtviwantmymtv Member Posts: 3
    Completely agree with woodchuckie...can't get the additional seat in the 2nd row with leather on the Sienna...part of what sealed the deal for us on the Odyssey...so much easier to keep leather looking good than fabric plus all the other goodies not available on the base Sienna...
  • donalduckdonalduck Member Posts: 16
    I just purchased an 07 Ody. How are you able to put 2 car seats in the 2nd row if you have two side-seats put side by side?
  • nash1234nash1234 Member Posts: 22
    Hi,

I am looking at getting an 07 Ody EX, and was wondering how many LATCH systems are available. From the pics I could see the second row has two sets, and the 3rd row has only one? Can you please confirm?

Also has anybody (moms?) been able to sit on the small middle seat on the second row when two car seats are already installed on the 2nd row (to feed both babies etc)?

Thanks.
  • amnagamnag Member Posts: 3
    I have seen the leather interior of Honda Odyssey. All the leather seats have 'folds' on it. First I thought that might me be a problem with Honda Odyssey leather seats. When I saw their print advertisement of an Ody with leather interior, that picture also has folds on the seats. So then I thought it's not a problem but some reasoning might be behind it. I also saw Toyota sienna leather interior and it doesn't have as many folds as an Ody has. What's the reason behinf the folds on the leather seats? I know it's not a problem.
  • patrick30patrick30 Member Posts: 4
    Honda Team, I need some help.

I have an 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring Edition, yes, I too have PAX. :mad:

I am wondering if I can put a Plus One seat inside a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring Edition. When I call the dealers they say no way, or why would you do that.

I am interested if you can and if some has done it. Also, if you can not leverage the Plus One Seat, why not. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you much.

Patrick
  • myoldriflesmyoldrifles Member Posts: 15
    Hi Everyone. I have an 07 Ody. I put the longer of the two seats on the third row up and used it for about a week (for nothing heavy, just a car seat). Then I attempted to fold it back into the floor. The back went down without a problem, but when I lifted the latch to release it from the floor, the latch was stuck and I can't get the seat to release from the anchors in the floor. I called my local dealer and they said I probably bent the anchors from slamming the seat down too far. I think that is hogwash as the anchor is hardened steel. Does anyone have any suggestions?
  • bobber1bobber1 Member Posts: 217
    I've got an 07 Odyssey and am looking at building a new garage. Am interested in transporting some 4 x 8 plywood and insulation board in back. Am not sure if it will fit? Has anybody done this and how did it work? I want to avoid scuffing up the interior as much as possible.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    I think the most economical way is big piece(s) of tarp. After all your seats (2nd & 3rd rows are down) Lay the tarp out in U shape and tie both ends with the passenger handles/ garment hanger hooks. This way protects both sides and the floor.
  • cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    8 x 4 will fit fine between the rear wheelhousings.
  • ricardo_33172ricardo_33172 Member Posts: 34
    I have an 07 Odyssey. I removed the center seat in the second row. You have access to the third row through the middle. I have 3 car seats. One on each of the main seats in the second row and one in the middle of the third row. Those are all of the Latch systems available. I put my oldest child in the back (so she can come in and out herself) and the 2 youngest in the 2nd row seats. This has worked for us. :)
  • rammellfamilyrammellfamily Member Posts: 1
    Ok-I need to fit 5 car seats and use the 6th seat for an adult in the 2nd and 3rd rows our 2008 Honda Odyssey and still be able to get to the 3rd row
    --how can I do that? I can't fold the seat down to get into the third row when there is a carseat in it. Can I install a car seat in the middle of the 2nd row? How? The owner's manual talks about car seats in all the seats except that one. Help please!
  • mommaof5mommaof5 Member Posts: 1
    hi has anyone replied back to you. We have the same issue. My wife and I are expecting our 5th child and need to fit 5 car seats (3 in boosters, 1 infant, 1 child seat) in the car. We are thinking about purchasing a 2008 odessey because of the middle seat. Where you able to fit 5 car seats in yours, if so what car seats do you have and how did you set them up? Thank you so much
  • MikeNCHettMikeNCHett Member Posts: 1
    I removed one of my two middle row seats out (not the 8th seat). I collapsed it and upon finishing my tasks, I placed the seat back in and pushed the back of the seat in an upright position. Unfortunately, it will not stay locked in the upright position. Is something broken or am I missing something?

Thanks for any help!!!!
  • tmljmutmljmu Member Posts: 1
    I am considering purchasing a used 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite in the next few days and am concerned because two or more of the leather seats have folds in them. I would appreciate any advice or solutions concerning this issue. In addition to the appearance issues, I am concerned that the leather will eventually crack and need to be replaced.