Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Mitsubishi Lancer

hunter312hunter312 Member Posts: 22
edited July 2014 in Mitsubishi
http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/3787

This is the first piece of news i've heard on the 2009 Lancer. It's apparently getting a 2.4L Mivec now and will produce more horsepower.

If anybody has more information on anything new appearing on the 2009 Lancer, or when it'll arrive, please post here.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• lovethelancerlovethelancer Member Posts: 70
    i just found some info that may or may not be true.

Supposedly the 2009 will have options that include Xenon headlights and traction control. I hope the body is unchanged and that I can get the GTS with the Sound & Sun, Nav, and Xenon headlights for $22,000 (wishful thinking)
  • rubyred83rubyred83 Member Posts: 10
    The 2009 GTS will have the 2.4 motor; rumors are that it will be rated at 158hp (California emissions) and 162 lb-ft of torque. That is a 15 hp bump from the 2.0 (California emissions). I would be very surprised if there was not a price increase for the added motor displacement. There is supposed to be an ES Sport trim level which gives a lot of the 2008 GTS features on the 2009 ES.
    Nice. Maybe I will be looking into the ES Sport then. I wonder if they will offer the HIDs, Nav, and Sound and Sun on it.....that'd be perfect for me....Although I'm loving the Ralliart, but am guessing that will run at LEAST $30k

Does anyone know if leasing Lancers is possible? on the website it seems they only have a finance payment estimator
    hmm I just read this release and it says the 2009 lancer will still have the 152 HP engine?

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2008011358837&mime=ASC

Maybe they will make the 168hp engine an option?
  • gijoewildbillgijoewildbill Member Posts: 62
    Not only that but by what I am reading on that news release, only the GTS will get the CVT option starting with the 09 model...that's going to be interesting...

Bill
    oh yeah wow.....umm that could be a mistake....the GTS' might be impossible to find haha

I want a Ralliart, but I think I wont be able to afford it...so I will get a mostly loaded GTS hopefully for around $25k after tax and licensing
    I read somewhere that the GTS should be getting the 2.4 168HP engine and the others will have the 152 hp engine
    That is correct.
  • smortensensmortensen Member Posts: 5
    http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2008021561814&mime=ASC

prices were announced friday by Mitsu and it seems that the sun and sound went up 250 bucks while the nav pack went down 200 and the FASTkey moved from Nav & Tech to Sun & Sound. As far as the trim levels of the car are concerned:

Lancer DE Manual - $13,990.00
    Lancer DE CVT - $14,890.00
    Lancer ES Manual - $16,090.00
    Lancer ES CVT - $16,990.00
    Lancer ES-Sport Manual - $16,090.00
    Lancer ES-Sport CVT - $16,990.00
    Lancer GTS 2.4L Manual - $17,990.00
    Lancer GTS 2.4L Sportronic CVT - $18,990.00

I've no idea what the ES Sport trim is or why it's the same price as the ES in the first place, so if anyone does know, please share?

anyway, still waiting on the local mitsuplace to get me my blue GTS w/ S&S and Nav... it'll be an 09 since they haven't found me an '08. Score for me, I don't mind the rather small price increase for more hp and more torque.

anyone have any info on when they'll be hitting the showrooms?
    Only thing I can think of with the "ES Sport CVT" trim would be if they allowed the ES CVT to have paddle shifters and/or manual mode instead of just the pure CVT.

Bill
  • smortensensmortensen Member Posts: 5
    I thought that too, but a few problems with that.

it would say that on the press release since it clearly says that for the GTS CVT model

the price is exactly the same for the regular ES as the ES Sport

the ES Sport Manual still exists as an alternative to the ES Manual.

It may just require the bodykits and foglights and stuff to be added at an additional cost, but that'd be asinine to have that as a separate model than the ES just to add that as an option... Really I wish they'd explain that whole setup better lol
  • lancerfanlancerfan Member Posts: 17
    the 09 should have the sun and sound package without leather as an option. I would rather not have leather and save the money.Does anyone know if you can get that package like the 08 lancer's, without the leather?
  • tracemillertracemiller Member Posts: 36
    Hi everyone. Is $19,000 OTD for a base 2009 Lancer GTS (cvt) good? Or can I get a better deal than this? What would be the ideal OTD price for this?
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Member Posts: 182
    Will ESC be available as an option with the '09 Lancer, at least with the GTS model? Anyone know?

Please inform...

Peace!<-AladdinSane<- :shades: -
  • psychogunpsychogun Member Posts: 129
    per Mitsubishi's release dated 2/15/08.

I believe Mitsubishi will add it to the 2010 models as standard, given that NHTSA rules will require 75% of a manufacturers light vehicles to be equipped with the technology starting September of 2009 (and 100% 2 years later).

Also, I test-drove a 2009 GTS over the weekend. Disappointingly, the dealer did not have a manual on hand (neither did two other dealers I visited that day). Thus, I drove the CVT equipped version.
    I left it in auto just to get a feel for this type of tranny. Initial pick-up felt a touch sluggish, it was more immediate than our automatic '06 Civic, but acceleration didn't seem to build as quickly . This could be due to the fact that the engine 'hangs' at full throttle as acceleration builds (i.e. instead of acceleration building with the revs). Meaning based on the engine feedback you'd expect to be going quicker than you are. I hope this long-winded and wordy explanation makes sense. :blush:

I then moved the stick to the manual position and started using the paddle-shifters. Initial pick-up felt better and the the traditional acceleration with rising revs communicated faster acceleration. Whether I actually accelerated quicker... Can't really say for certain since there was no one around with an accurate timing system. I felt quicker... ;)

It most certainly is quicker than our Civic. That was no surprise considering the extra displacement, ponies and torque (despite the Lancer's extra weight).

I was pleasantly surprised at how quick the shifts were using the paddle-shifters. I've driven cars with manumatics before and expected shifts to be slow and lagging. It certainly wasn't as quick as a DSG, but much quicker than the aforementioned.

The test-drive was too short to really get a feel for the car, but steering feedback was good (less vibration than in the Civic), turn in was quick (not quite as quick as the Civic), and grip was good (equal to the Civic). The ride felt very similar to our Civic, smooth over even pavement, firm, but not harsh.

The only place where the interior of the Civic really beats out the Lancer is with the padded soft-touch material Honda used on the top of the doors and dash. Other than that, the plastics in the Civic are pretty much the same quality as those in the Lancer.

The HVAC on the Civic has a cleaner appearance vs. the Lancer's somewhat of an afterthought design. Feel of the HVAC controls was also better in the Civic, with its smooth rotating dials vs. the Lancer's more mechanical feel. All other design elements and controls were of equal quality, IMHO.

The Lancer does have more room in the backseat. The seats appeared to be equally comfortable, though again the time I spent in the Lancer was too short to make a definitive determination. I also liked the struts for the boot-lid, err... trunk-lid. Hmm...

It's been a long day and I can't remember some of the things I wanted to mention...

I open the floor to any questions.
  • doppelganger85doppelganger85 Member Posts: 6
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to share with you an ordeal that I learned while working with my very reasonable Mitsubishi dealership. I currently own a new 2009 Lancer GTS (about 150 miles) and it seems as though both the 08 & 09s are experiencing a pulling to the left while driving. The vehicle will pull to the left and many dealers tell the customer that it's either air pressure or wheel alignment issues and 95% of the time it IS NOT!!! Even after numerous alignments some people shave gone through, it has been accepted by Mitsubishi and Dunlop that there was a rounding/balancing issue when the Dunlop tires were manufactured. I am just stating this because Misubishi did not make the tires for anyone who wants to yell at Mitsubishi. :) I am scheduled to have the car brought to the dealership to have new Goodyear tires put on and then they will double-check the alignment as well. I will keep you posted once the new tires are put on the car. Hopefully this pulling to the left will no longer be a problem!

Please let me know if anyone else is having this pulling issue with their Dunlop tires... -John-
    Updated tire issue...

Dunlop has an on-hand bulletin sent-in by Mitsubishi stating "There was a chassis modification done after the order of the Dunlop tires that go out on the factory 2009 Lancer GTS. Dunlop/Goodyear tires made in the United States will need to be put on the car to correct this pull. The Dunlop "Japan" versions will need to come off entirely. These tires are made by a Japanese company that works with Dunlop.

-John-

Tires have NOT been replaced yet on my Lancer. Still waiting for district manager to authorize the change.
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    thank you for posting this. I own a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS, Rally Red and CVT transmission, Sun and Sound package. I love my Lancer GTS and I have heard of this pulling to the left problem on the '08 Lancer's. Mine has pulled some to the left, but, then sometimes the car will re-align itself and drive to the right for a bit and then straight ahead-no pulling whatsoever.

Well, on my last visit to the Mitsubishi dealer to get a lube-oil-filter and air filter and tire rotation, I call in to see how my work order is coming along.

"You need a 4-wheel alignment. The mechanic says the inside of your tires will stop getting torn up after we fix that."

Oh, so I authorize the 4-wheel alignment to be added to the work order. Well, no horror stories with this one. It took a while to get my car back, but, I got it back at their closing time of 6:00PM. They were figuring up my bill and the coupons from the service plan I bought at purchase time. Off my wife and I drive in to the beautiful Arizona sunset. The car tracks spot on now, no pulling.

The thing is, it never pulled badly enough for me to seek retribution from the dealer. But it would now and then. Anyway, now it drives and tracks center-fine.

Your post though has me wondering if they would be obligated to slap new Goodyear or Dunlop tires on, ones manufactured in the U.S. I bought my Lancer GTS on March 21, 2007. So my Dunlop's must certainly be the "Japanese-made" Dunlop's. I may be asking some questions about this to my dealer.

I want my Lancer GTS that only has 19,885 miles on it to track and drive straight and right. It is right now, but, I've read that lots of Lancer owners are having trouble. Certainly Mitsubishi has found an answer to this by now. Seems it's "out-of-round" Japanese-built Dunlop performance tires. I am not dumb enough to yell at Mitsubishi about this. It is truly not their fault. However, they are warranteeing the car I bought from them, the autobuilder. Therefore, if it's a tire manufacturing defect, they (or their tire provider by contract, Dunlop, even a somewhat counterfeit Dunlop located in Japan) will need to fix the problem at no expense to me, right? That is how the Warranty deal works.

But, please fill me in some more as new information occurs, OK? I am going to drive and keenly observe my car's performance from the tires and steering. If it pulls again, I'm printing out your posts and my posts and taking them in to my dealer's service department. This is a significant discovery that all '08 and '09 Mitsubishi Lancer owners will want to perk their ears up to. That makes sense, the tires may all be built "out-of-round" so that no amount of balancing, rotating or aligning will be able to fix the problem. Funny thing is, I have read months ago of people getting brand new tires(Goodyears and Dunlops)slapped on from their dealer's. And most all of them noted significant improvement in their "pulling left" issue.

I would urge everyone who has been experiencing this problem to print these posts out and take them to your dealers for them to fix it by getting you new Goodyear or Dunlop performance tires.

Meanwhile, I am going to drive and enjoy my '08 Lancer GTS and pay close attention to any indication at all of "pulling" to the left. If I notice any at all I'm calling my dealer. I'll bet Mitsubishi has to issue a recall for new American-built Dunlops or Goodyear tires. I think this will solve the problem. Your car will not or should not track right if it's tires are out-of-round in their build.

I love my Lancer GTS so much and this is really great news to hear. I now feel that the new American Dunlop or Goodyear tire set is the answer to this frustrating problem. But it must be noted that I don't hold this against Mitsubishi by any stretch of anyone's imagination. I have confidnece that we will get a true and honest fix to this problem now, at no cost to us. Except perhaps an extra trip to your dealer. And that is well worth it, in my view. What a great discovery! ;)

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

Yes - the information is a great backup for any of us who own a GTS (whether 08 or 09). I have an appointment tomorrow (Thursday) to get the wheel alignment print-out so the dealership can fax it to the district manager to authorize new tires. The time lost is the only downside to this problem and I hope I will not run into any excuses if you know what I mean from the district manager.
    UPDATED TIRE ISSUE -

Left the dealership this afternoon and they found that the tires are the cause of this pulling to the left. The alignment checked-out fine and they will be ordering new tires for me ASAP. WIll keep you all posted...

-John-
    have you heard anything new about your new Dunlop tire order?

• cargirl24cargirl24 Member Posts: 2
    hi just wanted to pass on some info from a different site. It has been found that the lancer does have a problem with 'pulling to the left' and it cannot be fixed with just a front end alignment. the other site stated that lancers come preset with a postive camber on the left wheel and a neg. camber on the right wheel which the car pulls to the positive camber (left) but the lancer does not have adjustable camber from stock you have to have camber bolts installed then correct the camber. hope this helps guys
  • cargirl24cargirl24 Member Posts: 2
    i just purchaased a 2009 lancer ES with sport package. it has the 2.0L mivec cvt. the Lancer GTS only has the 2.4L (DE and ES comes only with 2.0L) I love my 09 lancer and yes you can get it with nav,sun and sport, only thing you cant get as a option on the DE and ES is the 2.4L. :shades:
  • gussguss Member Posts: 1,167
    Can anyone tell me where the Lancer is made and if by UAW or CAW ?
    UPDATED:

NEW TIRES ARRIVED AND THEY HAVE BEEN PUT ON VEHICLE TODAY. PULLING TO THE LEFT HAS STOP COMPLETELY....

PLEASE NOT THE COMMENT MADE ABOUT THE CAMBER SETTINGS ON THE NEW LANCERS AND HOW THEY ARE NOT ADJUSTABLE - "EXCELLENT INFORMATION AS WELL!" :D

-JOHN-
    CarGril24-

This is very good information you have found here...I am pleased to say that the 4 new tires put on my 09 has stopped the pulling to the left. A mechanic did tell me about the camber information but not nearly as detailed as the stuff you found.

Great work!
    -John-
  • elgatolocoelgatoloco Member Posts: 92
    The Lancer models are currently made only in Japan.

There are no Mitsubishi vehicles manufactured in Canada at this time.

Mitsubishi models currently manufactured by UAW members consist of the Galant, Galant Sport and Galant Ralliart, the Endeavor suv, the Eclipse GS and GT and the Spyder GS and GT.

They are made by UAW local 2488 at Normal Illinois.
    Thanks, I was hoping that the UAW website was not up to date reguarding the Lancer. My company requires that all company cars be union made . I really like the Lancer but will have to cross it off my short list.
    out there who will cross a car off of their potential purchase list because its not made by union hands? Is this really a true type of thing?

My '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS in Rally Red and automatic CVT transmission and Sun and Sound package is running strong at 21,812 miles. And I recently had a 4-wheel alignment done, as well as a wheel balance job and a tire rotation. The mechanics said that the inside of my tires "were being beaten up" and I needed a 4-wheel alignment. I got it done, the car is tracking straight and hopefully the tires will not get beaten up any more. I can't see any early wear spots on my 18" Dunlops, but apparently the mechanics did. I gained some peace of mind getting this work done, ala useful maintenance.

Anyway, no harm no foul. My OEM Dunlop's are treating my Lancer GTS right and I will buy Goodyear or Dunlop performance tires when I need new tires again. That will be another year or so, or at about the 40,000 mile-mark, I predict. I love my Lancer GTS and have the utmost respect for Mitsubishi as carbuilders. I am keenly interested in their new i-MIEV all-electric vehicle. Love it's design and want to learn more about it.

• rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Thanks, I was hoping that the UAW website was not up to date reguarding the Lancer. My company requires that all company cars be union made . I really like the Lancer but will have to cross it off my short list.

What company do you work for?
    I work for a small union construction contractor. A union made car is mandatory to get on some job sites.

My short list is now Corolla, Mazda6, Matrix or Malibu Hybrid.
  • strikerzerostrikerzero Member Posts: 1
    I'm going to buy my very first car this summer and i chose the lancer. I got some issues about the RCA audio input. Do you have to get a certain lancer trim, ES, ES-S or GTS? Do you have to buy the lancer with the Sun and sound package? Or do trims and packages don't matter for getting them?
    Not a bad list.

Since there does not seem to be an anti-Japanese bias in your company I would suggest you consider the UAW built Galant. The MIVEC 4 cylinder engine has plenty of power combined with respectable fuel mileage. While it cannot be considered ultra hi-tech, it is a solid meat n potatoes vehicle and currently selling at a very attractive price, probably for less than the cars on your short list. Also has one of the best warranties on the market.

Take a few minutes and check one out.
  • mikevegas06mikevegas06 Member Posts: 272
    May 21, 2008 -- CYPRESS, CA --
    On the heels of the successful introduction of the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR, Mitsubishi Motors announces the availability of the more technologically-advanced 2008 Lancer Evolution MR, the newest and most sophisticated version of the model series that began 16 years ago.

Shown coming off the production line in Japan, the Lancer Evolution MR arrives at showrooms in the U.S. in June and is available for a suggested retail price of $38,290. The MR features more user technology and a broader market appeal than the entry level GSR, including an advanced 6-speed Twin Clutch Sportronic Shift Transmission.

The Lancer Evolution MR is available with an optional technology package for $40,840 that includes a 30GB hard drive navigation system with music server, 650-watt Rockford-Fosgate Premium Sound System, pre-paid Sirius Satellite Radio capability and FAST Key entry, which allows passive vehicle unlocking and engine start/stop simply by carrying the remote control and grasping the handle.

Since its introduction earlier this year, the tenth-generation 2008 Lancer Evolution GSR has met positive reactions across the industry for maintaining a balance of core performance values and improved all-around capability and user-technology:

"Like every previous Lancer Evolution, the Evo X redeems its various idiosyncrasies with a fantastic engine and drivetrain." -- Automobile
    "The car is impressive, not only for the gains in performance and handling, but also the subtle transformation from hardcore rally racer to high performance all-wheel-drive sports sedan." - AutoWeek
    "The Evo X drives like nothing else in the world." -- Car and Driver
    "Mitsubishi has strengthened the Evo's slick-shifting five-speed manual for the tuner crowd. Shifter is nearly perfect." -- Edmunds Inside Line
    "Whether manual tabbed or left in auto, S-Sport gear changes are brutally quick with the kind of shift violence seen only in Italian exotics." -- MotorTrend
    "Is the new EVO better than before? -- The answer is a resounding 'yes.'" -- MSN Autos
    "Bottom line: It's drive-by-the-seat-of-your-pants, four-wheel fun." -- Popular Mechanics
    "The new Lancer Evolution is no longer just for weekend boy racers; it has evolved into a complete sports sedan, one with enough of a wild side to thrill anyone." -- Road & Track
    "The introduction of the 2008 Lancer Evolution MR with TC-SST gives us an opportunity to expand upon the existing Evolution customer base," said Dan Kuhnert, executive vice president of sales and marketing for MMNA. "The added capability and functionality of the new Lancer Evolution vehicles make them a more viable option for everyday driving, while maintaining the rally-inspired heritage that has made the series a global performance car icon."

Both 2008 Lancer Evolution models will be on display at the 2008 Mitsubishi Owner's Day taking place in Cypress, CA on July 19, 2008.

Mitsu News Room
  • ihatemycar2ihatemycar2 Member Posts: 1
    Unfortunately I have an 09 Lancer GTS, and it is only 1 month old with 1500 miles on it. It has had many problems since the day I bought it! First trim pieces were coming loose, then one of the door hinges came loose creating a popping sound every time I opened it, then the grill kept popping out so I had to pop it in everyday, and the car had vibration in the steering wheel at over 65mph, and then yesterday my muffler came loose almost dragging the ground, and then today I was driving home and my check engine light came on, so I called the dealership again (I already had one appointment a week in advance to get the above items mentioned fixed) to see if they could get me in any sooner and they said they couldn't, so I drove it home and later was leaving my steep driveway in reverse when my transmission went out causing reverse to lurch forward like it was in drive crashing into my friends truck, demolishing the front end. After that the car would not move at all and barely ran. I called the dealership and was very furious, Mitsubishi opened a case on it and is to get in touch with me tomorrow, I don't want the car anymore, I want my money back (preferably) or the same model without the CVT (POS). Is that a likely situation??? I do not want my car because of all of the problems... tranny, engine, exhaust, body damage (including fenders, hood, bumper, and headlights, plus all of the other little things and electrical probs. The car only has 1500 miles and I've owned less than a month! Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? It could have killed someone! BTW, besides taking a week to get it in the shop. they told me to wire up the exhaust until then (What a joke!!!!!!) My opinion do not buy!!!
    Would you mind telling us the name and location of the Mitsubishi dealer where you purchased this vehicle?
  • mbcowboymbcowboy Member Posts: 7
    Well I sure would not recommend that dealership to anyone. If they are only concerned about selling a car and not looking after their customer base, its not worth dealing with them. Dealership loyalty and owner word of mouth does mean alot. If i was not getting satisfaction, i would be making sure future car owners knew about it. I would steer them away from buying a lemon from an unscrupious dealership.
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    My opinion do not buy!!!

=) And you forgot to mention too that your Lancer pulls to the left, and that you almost killed your neighbor's dog Fifi because of that. And you also forgot to tell them about how you almost got killed in the freeway because your brakes didn't work. How about that left side mirror that fell off as you were pulling out of Walmart last Tuesday?

=)
    oh, yeah, I've seen posts like that one before. Years ago reading one like that on the net I would've perked up one eye as I read them, and wondered. Now they have become pretty good "bias-type" entertainment posts, ala George Carlin comedy. Hee-hee!

• lancerfanlancerfan Member Posts: 17
    I finally got my 09 lancer yesterday :D drove it about 500km home and couldnt be happier with it. After test driving a gt and a gts i had to get the gts with the bigger engine. Everything about this car is amazing!! Great looks outside and inside plus the paddle shifters, bluetooth and built in satelite radio is pretty sweet. Looks and feels like a much more expensive car...although gas milege is a little disappointing. I'm just hoping that once the engine is broken in ill see some better numbers.
  • icepoloicepolo Member Posts: 9
    How much did you pay OTD for a '09 Lancer GTS (mt)? I want to get the Touring pckge but apparently it comes w/ the Navigation pckge which I don't like, is it worth it? On the Mitsu website they have the Orange color added is that a hot color? I personally like the Red.
  • kpdfkpdf Member Posts: 5
    hi all,
    A question about the 09 navi package. Does it include the fast key feature as well ?
    and is it possible to play iPod videos and regular DVD's while it's not in park ?.
    also anyone know where I can download a free copy of the 08 or 09 owners manual.
    Thanks.
    keith
    Any answers for these questions.
    &#149; tinting the windows. I read that the doors can cause scrapes and scratches on the tint.
    &#149; Can it be orderd already with the tinted windows
    &#149; what colour to choose. Silver,black or gray.
    &#149; I's the navi and fast key really worth it.
    &#149; Any good pics or vids of the navi in action.
    Except those on you tube.
    I have a Silver 2008 GTS with Navi and Sun & Sound.

My windows have scratches on them after being tinted. They are pretty noticeable from the inside but they arent THAT big of a deal...and you cant see them at all from the outside.

Personally I just saw someone with a Garmin NAV system ($600) and it does WAY more than the Navi that Mitsu offers....the fast key is nice but i dunno if its worth the extra money

hope this helps!
    hi ,
    thanks for the reply. the silver looks great in these cars. and with the windows tinted
    it must really look sweet. i,m really stuck with the colour choice. now it's down to the silver or graphite gray.[ and maybe a toss of a coin ] decisions decisions. i love the nav feature. the way that you can control the things like the interior lights and whatever else.? it also helps in the resale. not quite sure though if the navi and tech package delivers a automatic start. i doubt it. i already have a portable nav system. but it comes down to that old saying. boys and their toys.
    thanks for the info
    keith
  • kaiakaiakkaiakaiak Member Posts: 14
    When I ordered my Lancer, I wanted it without Navi, because I have the Garmin NAV ($699 plus taxes...). The dealer couldn't get one without, so made me an offer for half the price and I took it.
    The Garmin is better, but not way better. When it comes to search for a POI, there yes, Garmin beats Lancer's by far. But screen response, not to mention screen size, and map accuracy are better in the Lancer. To note, Lancer's GPS has one sensor Garmin's doesn't: wheel input (real-time speed). So there's less delay. When you hit a junction, the Lancer GPS is there already, on Garmin there's a delay (which sometimes has cost me a u-turn).
    What I do miss on the system, non-GPS related, are editing functions, i.e. copy and paste (when it doesn't recognise a CD, you'll have a "No Title" track. If you really want, to at least have the artist's name, you'll end up typing the same over and over again). Other functions I miss: forward/rewind (within a track) and a mute button. In general, when editing CD's (renaming, copy, etc.), the user interface is crap. It takes a while to get used to.

Cheers.
    Hi there kpdf.

- Scratches will only occur if you have "hard" dust, as in sand, in the inside between the rubber seal and the glass itself. Keep it kleen and no scratches shall haunt you.
    - you can't order tinted (why? beat me...)
    - I have a black Lancer 09, purchase on April 9th, now with 7900 miles on it (my car is my office...). If you have a covered garage, then you can chose black. Otherwise, well, expect washing it every weekend, cuse black will show its dirts...
    - the advertisment on FAST key missleads you a little; you can't start the engine remotelly. Other than that, I found the fast key to be handy. No need to press buttons, etc., just walk in (a good help when your hands are loaded).
    - Navi: if you work on the road, like I do, then you won't regret the extra bucks. (read another reply of mine in this thread, comparing Lancer's GPS against the Garmin Nuvi 650). If you have more than one car, then get a separate GPS (btw, Nuvi is great)

Cheers.
    Dude (or Dudess ;-)
    I'm sorry for your nightmare...
    I have a 09 Lancer, bought in April, Black, fully-loaded (M/T). I already have 7900 miles on it, and have not experienced anything you listed in your thread.
    My overall mpg is 23.6 (I keep track of every tank), but I managed already to get 28.4 (driving very conservative, no hard accelerations and keeping around the speed limits).
    Other than some chips coming from I-95, my Lancer is tip-top. No rattles, noises or things coming lose. In my opinion a great car for the $23.5k I paid for it.
    Hi again.

Dunno about iPod, but you can play DVD's, but you'll only see something in the screen while stopped (while driving, the DVD will play, but no screen).

Cheers.
    kaiakaiak
  • lexxxilulexxxilu Member Posts: 4
    :mad: I purchased a 2009 lancer 3 months ago. After driving it for about a month a noticed this clunking sound under the car towards the left front tire. About the same time I started having starter problems. July 3, brought the car back to the dealership. They stated the starting issue was due to a sensor problem that they were aware of. Reset it and all was well. However, the clunking sound they couldn't find anything. I checked the tire pressure which was fine and alignment didn't seem off at all! 2wks later, I'm driving and the loud clunking noise comes back but its extremely loud and continuous now. I checked the tire pressure, I checked under the hood to make sure nothing was caught in there, I tried moving the tire to see if it was loose (nothing)! I contacted the dealer and said I'd try and drive it there. As I was driving something flew off the car and hit the road, clunking stopped. Then the tire pressure light came on. I continued to drive at a low speed. Suddenly the car sounded like it was scrapping against the concrete. It was horrible. I had a hard time steering but pulled off the road. Checked around car once again, nothing. By the time flatbed got there front left tire was completely flat. Dealership is now trying to tell me "There must have been a screw or something in the tire because theres a hole in it." I told them whatever flew off the car punctured the tire! I'm sick of people trying to take advantage of a woman! So I asked the Service manager if something was stuck in the tire from 2 months ago when problem first started why didn't he spot it when I bought it to him on july 3! And it took this long to fall out??? Come on!!! I got nothing but the run around and now they want to charge me 140 for a new tire that they don't even have in stock. Apparently once they get the tire they'll test drive it to see if they can dupl. the prob. Well if the piece of "whatever" fell off, I don't think they'll duplicate the same noice..LOL..
    I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions?? or same issues??? Please help, the tire is suppose to be in tomorrow and I'd love to catch these people trying to rip me off. I've been doing business with this dealership for 8yrs now and have never had a problem like this. Especially not after only 3 months
This discussion has been closed.