Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac DTS auto lights problem

2»

Comments

• gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good morning Louie,

My coworker Christina (who also posts now and again out on Edmunds) responds to incoming emails from this forum. If you include your Edmunds username, she is able to search the forum to gather more information, but if you were to include a description of the situation in your email that would also be helpful for her.

I hope this helps to clarify a bit how we do things on our end,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • jcg20jcg20 Posts: 9
    manuel mode does not improve anything,Cadillac has a big problem and won't fix it,
    WHEN THE TWILIGHT SENTINEL IS FULLY COVERED ,THE DASH LIGHTS GO "OFF"AND HEADLIGHTS COME "ON",THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS ON CLOUDY DAYS MOVING IN AND OUT OF DAYLIGHT(CLOUDS) ,THAT'S NOT NORMAL,CADILLAC TECHS,(A JOKE) DISMISS THIS OUT OF IGNORANCE.
  • Sarah, my user name is louiephipps. Briefly, here is my problem. My car is a 2007 DTS that I purchased new in March of 2007. Shortly thereafter I took the car to Benson Cadillac in Spartanburg, SC to tell them that the automatic lights were not working properly. I explained that when I leave my carport on a bright, sunny day the headlights will stay on for anywhere from 10 to 30 minutes before they suddenly go off. Oddly, if the weather is very cloudy or completely overcast the lights go off within a minute after starting the car. In my mind, it appears to me that the problem lies in the sensor mounted on top of the dash, otherwise why would it work properly in one scenario but not the other? The problem with this is not the fact that the headlights are on but that the dashlights are very, very dim...to the point that if there is any reflection on the dash it is impossible to read the dash information, most importantly the speed. In my opinion it is a driving hazard until the headlights finally go off and the dash illuminates properly. I have also taken the car to Bradshaw Cadillac in Greer. In both cases, a work order was not written up. Instead, the service manager at both dealers gave me a lecture on how the auto lights work, etc., clearly implying that I must be getting senile and do not know what's going on. I have been driving the car for 5 years now and have learned to live with the problem, however I feel that if someone would present the problem to a Cadillac engineer for investigation that it could be solved. Thank you.
    These girls don't have a clue what's going on,write a letter to GM headquarters to the CEO and see if he will do something.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,850
    Let's not be unkind.
    The GM reps' function in these forums is not to diagnose and fix issues. Their purpose is to help compile information on common problems & complaints, and when possible, to help the owners by contacting the dealerships to see if they can assist in resolving problems.

It is probably worthwhile taking the design complaint to a higher level, but perhaps there is a solution out there for the issue that could be implemented.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Kirstie...you stated "It is probably worthwhile taking the design complaint to a higher level". That is what I have been trying to get accomplished in this post for 5 years now. As far as writing the CEO of GM, I actually tried that 2 or 3 years ago but never heard anything. I'm still convinced that if this could be presented to a Cadillac engineer they could probably solve the problem. In the meantime if someone could just arrange to have the twiight sensor replaced that could possibly clear up everything.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    edited June 2012
    Good afternoon louiephipps,

This is a great synopsis! If you wanted to include this in the email to socialmedia@gm.com containing your name/Edmunds username, phone number(s), current address, the last 8 of your VIN and mileage, we would be happy to get started with the Service Request.

All the best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
    I have looked all around the net and I find lots of people with dashlight problems,I also know of 2 2007 CADDY DTS owners that sold thier cars for the same reasons. there is a big problem here that GM is overlooking and dealerships know and won't say or they are inept. it's the people at the plant that messed up.
  • I am also having problems with my 2006 DTS. at dusk and when it is dark my passenger head light will go off. I can turn the switch off and back on and it comes on. I will have to do this several times. then it will stay on. I tried to cover the sensor on the dash and it make the driver side head light go out.
    Took the car to our dealer ship and they want to replace the headlight for 490.00. but the light is not the problem. it is in the sensor. How do I make these people understand that is not the light.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • I have a similar problem, but mine lights come on then one blinks off. I can turn it back on with the switch, does it in automatic and manual.
    Any Clue?
  • If you would like for us to look into this further with you, we're happy to do so. Please email the following information to us at socialmedia@gm.com: your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership.
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • Good morning,
    Sorry that you're experiencing some difficulties with your headlamps. What are you plans on getting this addressed? Let us know if we can look into anything by emailing socialmedia@gm.com (include the last 8 of your VIN).
    edited September 2012
    HAS ANYONE FOUND OUT HOW TO REPAIR THIS DASH LIGHT PROBLEM??REPLY IF YOU HAVE THE ANSWER,THE DEALERS DON'T HAVE A CLUE AND IT'''S NOT THEIR RESPONCIBILITY TO SOLVE THIS MESS.(7U181709)
  • i have same problem with my 2006 DTS.. headlights flicker and go out. the other night both headlights went out at same time. nice. was only doing 5 mph so didn;t matter much. replace the panel once and that solve the problem for a year or 2. but now the problem is back. looks like GM is not interested in solving the problem.. i won't buy another cadillac.
  • We're sorry to hear that the panel replacement from two years ago didn't permanently resolve the headlight concern you've had with your DTS, seethat. If you want for us to look into this further, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your dealership).

• Can someone pls help me got this fixes i dont like riding my kids in the car at night if have 06 dts. Head lights problem..
2»