Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

A Bit of Blasphemy -v8 into Probe w/Mid Engine Layout

bmfan1bmfan1 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2014 in Ford
I got a weird idea the other night, consisting of converting a Ford Probe GT into a mid-engine car, with a LS2 engine.

Possible?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You got the time, the talent and the money, ANYTHING is possible! But a faint, quivering voice would be heard, barely audible above the din of the army of workers, and it would be saying:

"but why?"
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    With enough money anything is possible!

-mike
  • Options
    bmfan1bmfan1 Member Posts: 4
    It is not something I would actually do haha. My one friend was an idiot when he saw the Probe the first time, and said "Is the engine in the back?". It did get me thinking. There are not NEARLY enough affordable cars that are mid-engine. You are already seeing a lot of ricers with the scissor doors and such (once reserved for only high class exotics), so perhaps seeing affordable sport compacts with a mid-engine, RWD or AWD, is not too far off. I wonder what is stopping manufacturers from doing that, because the performance speaks for itself.
  • Options
    FSMECHFSMECH Member Posts: 1
    i own a probe and not for long will it be a fwd car im about to put the rear diff from an rx7 and the workings of a subie to make it AWD
  • Options
    oklahomaoklahoma Member Posts: 2
    I HAVE A 1990 PROBE THAT NEEDS A STANDARD TRANSMISSION. CAN ANY BODY HELP ME. THIS IS A 991 CALL
  • Options
    abreedabreed Member Posts: 1
    have one good out of a 89 turbo but live in Seattle WA. could Ship I guess but need to know how to actually contact thu this site
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Just click on his user name and his mail SHOULD come up as long as he has a "public" profile. If it isn't, ask him to make it public or to click on YOUR user name and send his address/contact info to you.

Don't anybody post your e-mail address or phone # visibly in the dialogue boxes or you'll probaby get spammed by web crawlers.....and the Host here (not me) would remove it anyway.
  • Options
    aksoyaksoy Member Posts: 1
    I own a 1997 Ford Probe SV Manual, and had it for 5 years now, lately I am currently having problems with the engine revving unusually while waiting at traffic lights. While taking off, the car starts shaking, with the RPM going unusually crazy with the check engine light coming on and off.

I have taken it to an Official Ford Mechanic, and surprisingly could not find the problem, and they pointed the fault towards my after market alarm that I added to the car when I bought it. I have just got the alarm taken off, and I still have this problem. Can anyone help me out? Cause this is driving me nuts.

Thanks,
    Axle
    Melbourne,
    Australia.
This discussion has been closed.