Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Driver Side Outside Mirror

tweekestweekes Member Posts: 5
Has anyone replaced the mirror portion of the outside mirror? How do you get the cover off to get access to the inside to put a new one in. The silvering on mine has gone bad and I bought a new mirror part 150 bucks. Not covered under the warrantee I have left.

Comments

• Options
    papa_dpapa_d Member Posts: 2
    My drivers side mirror did the same thing. I took it to a local garage and they told me it was not covered either. They also told me it is a common problem they see withthis vehicle. I am taking it back to the dealer to find out why it is not covered. i have bumper to bumper and this is not a wear item.
  • Options
    papa_dpapa_d Member Posts: 2
    Whenever I put fuel in I have an issue with the engine stalling, sometimes 2-3 times for the first couple miles. Anyone else having this problem. Since the check engine light does not come on they say they don't know what is causing it.
  • Options
    hawk29hawk29 Member Posts: 1
    had same problem. They changed the entire fuel tank and something else. (cant remember)
  • Options
    fra1fra1 Member Posts: 3
    Found site sells replacement (left driver side) for about $30.00 including shipping. Local glass shop will replace for about $20.00 in Redmond, WA.

Chrysler must have found the worst keymaker in china to make their remote key entry devices. After my car's key stopped working I opened the key to change the battery and the guts came pouring out. I found the battery retention spring had been cold soldered and all the other parts fell off the board they too had been mis-assembled. I went went to the dealer I bought the car from for help and received the finger for my time. (Reardon Chrysler in Kirkland, WA)

Also I just lost my speedometer. Can I send my Speeding Tickets to Chrysler? Are we not lucky? Chrysler has now found the right owner, "Fix It Again Tony". For as we all have known FIAT has always made [non-permissible content removed] cars now they can bring their Rotten Technology to America.
  • Options
    halmac11halmac11 Member Posts: 1
    I have recently been experiencing the same problem on my 2005C with about 50,000 miles on it. I took it to our "old" Chrysler dealer and they didn't find anything - said they couldn't replicate it but I noticed they didn't fill it up with gas either.

Were you ever able to satisfactorily resolve the issue?
  • Options
    fra1fra1 Member Posts: 3
    Chrysler has many factory related problems related to bad parts, slip shod assembly and sloppy design. The time has come for all POed Chrysler Owners to write Chrysler and unload. Write to Chrysler Corporation LLC, PO Box 21-8004, Auburn Hills, MI 48321-8004 Attn- CEO.
    Then unload on !!!!
    Cite all your problems. Give them your name and address.
  • Options
    macdaddy7macdaddy7 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, a few months ago, the drivers side mirror on my 1997 Honda Civic DX was knocked off by some jerk in a parking lot (hit-n-run and I couldn't find the old mirror). Anyway, I need a new mirror.

I've been to a few autoparts stores and they all tell me they can order a new mirror for my Civic. But, as I remember, the mirror that came stock with the Civic was really bad. It was incredibly reflective and so I pretty much couldn't use it at night. I know nothing about cars, and I wasn't able to explain to the autoparts people what I wanted. Basically, there must be something on the wing mirrors of other cars that makes them less reflective. Its NOT auto-dimming, b/c I've seen that on rearview mirrors and it involves something electronic. Therefore, it must be the construction of the mirror itself or some kind of coating they apply to the mirror that makes it reflect light less intensely.

If I can't find a less reflective mirror for my Civic, I'll just order the old one. But, I'd really like to fix this problem and get a better mirror now that I need one anyway. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanx.