Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Yukon Lights and Gauges

deratoderato Member Posts: 5
I've recently updated my '04 yukon from manufacture blower, exhaust and manifolds but have a concern about my oil gauge. I've asked the mechanics but they state no problem as long as I'm not lossing pressure. When I'm driving and hit the gas I notice the needle/pressure increase to 3/4 but not all the way over and then shift back to normal pressure while driving, is this typcial during accelaration and should I be alarmed.

Comments

• cgoode1cgoode1 Member Posts: 1
    Do you know what fuse controls the center breaklight above the rear liftgate? Lost the manual
    Yukon XL 03
  • randy1963randy1963 Member Posts: 1
    The DRL's and headlights stopped working at the same time today. I couldn't find anything in common as far as fuses are concerned in the owners manual. Anyone have any ideas about this one. Thanks
  • cabendercabender Member Posts: 1
    This light comes on periodically. Is there a serious problem. runs fine still. Have not contacted the dealer yet. Would rather fix it myself. I can do it if I have some guidance. Anyone else had this problem or know of the fix. Thanks.
  • 05denalixl05denalixl Member Posts: 1
    Did you find out which fuse it was that controls the center brake light? Mine won't light up. Please let me know.
  • dubeeonedubeeone Member Posts: 1
    Hazard lights are coming on when using right turn signal. What does this mean???
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    At least one of the four sensors is not working. This is common. Your dealer can replace this in 20 minutes.
  • sddoubleesddoublee Member Posts: 1
    I replaced the autoride shocks on my 01 3/4 ton 4wd Yukon XL with a set of bilstein's. I am happy with the performance and really don't have a need for autoride. My wife doesn't like the service autoride message on the dash. Is there any way to make that go away?

Thanks
  • rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    I came across a show called "Trucks" on PowerBlock TV a couple of months ago. They had a brand new 2007 Yukon with OEM autoride system replaced with an after market Air-ride system. I think during the upgrade to an after market system, those guys on the show disabled the OEM autoride system. My point in mentioning this is perhaps you can write to them to see if they have experienced the same "service autoride" message and see if/how they resolved it... Their URL along with the Air-ride System website are listed below, hope they can help... If possible, please let us know the resolution...
    http://www.powerblocktv.com/sites/trucks/
    http://www.keldermanairride.com/lift-kits/project_vehicles/details.php?id=GMT900- -
  • zenas72zenas72 Member Posts: 1
    This same thing happened to me last night - both the DRL's and headlamps stopped working. The only thing that changed is the day before I had the car's battery replaced... any thoughts?
  • rshtrsht Member Posts: 277
    Have you checked the fuse in the Fuse Block that's under the hood?
    Also, is your parking brake engaged or somehow a faulty Parking Brake Switch?
    I hate to think its the BCM....
  • jan01jan01 Member Posts: 9
    HI ALL I HAVE A 2004 YUCON AND SOMETIME WHEN I CRANK IT UP ALL THE GAUGES GO OFF THE CHART AND IT WILL STAY THAT WAY FOR A LONG TIME. ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. IF SO WHAT DID YOU HAVE DONE TO FIX YHE PROBLEM.
  • johnny7447johnny7447 Member Posts: 1
    HI ALL I HAVE A 2004 YUKON XL AND SOMETIME WHEN I CRANK IT UP ALL THE GAUGES GO OFF THE CHART AND IT WILL STAY THAT WAY FOR A LONG TIME. ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. IF SO WHAT DID YOU HAVE DONE TO FIX YHE PROBLEM
  • oldman52oldman52 Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased a 2003 Yukon XL and the dealer (toyota) wouldn't fix the problem. I have been told that the gages are an issues with this vechicle. Are there any recalls that I need to know about? Also I hear the popping in the steering that others have mentioned. Any info or reference material would be appreciated.
  • jimklimjimklim Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    So my defroster blower does not work on my 2005 Denali yukon xl. This started happening a year ago and my warranty is up so I am not able to go in and get it repaired with out losing out on a butt load of money just for a diagnosis, so basically the blower for the front heater does not work but the back blowers work just fine. I have checked all my fuses, circuits, etc..My friend who works for a dealership said it might be my control module. Besides this issue my oil and fuel gauge also do not work, the oil gauge randomly goes on but then goes back to nothing, the fuel gauge always reads empty unless I fill it up all the way then it reads a 1/4 of a tank.

If anyone has any suggestions or things I could do to rectify this situation please help me out. Thanks.

James
  • gmhellmangmhellman Member Posts: 121
    The blower is most likely the control module. The gauges is almost guaranteed to be the gauge cluster and computer (they are the same unit). Approx four years ago mine went out during a trip, speedometer, oil and temp. I drove 800 miles on tachometer alone. It was a known problem, but GM didn't keep a log of which vehicles got the bad gauge cluster..so they just had to wait and see whose failed and replaced. I believe their is a TSB on this and I would fight with GM to get this replaced under warranty as it was a known problem with the Yukon, Yukon XL and Denali models in that year.

You probably will have to eat the cost of the blower motor.