Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Kia Spectra

ata10ata10 Member Posts: 5
edited July 2014 in Kia
The current Spectra is pretty old and Kia is already developing the next generation Spectra. Recently there were some spy shots of the mule taken.
You can see them here:
http://www.kia-world.net/index.php/2007/12/14/more-spectra-replcement-spy-s- hots/

So, what do you think?

Comments

• iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    new Kia Spectra. It's hard to see inside that masking but what I can see looks shapely and I even like the old Dodge Charger lime green color they've got going there.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

• himi1himi1 Member Posts: 25
    looks like it got some styling cues from KND-4 concept car that Kia released in L.A. auto show in December.
    the next Kia I would consider buying because it doesn't look like the Cee'd will come to America. But from the looks of the 2009 Kia Spectra I would get what I need from this car anyway. I have the utmost confidence in Kia designers. I am quite smitten by my '08 Lancer GTS, but, I am watching Kia like a hawk for new product. They are really looking great lately in their new designs, even the ones Peter Schreyer has not had a hand in working on.

More and more spy pics appear on the web...here are latest Spectra spy shots:

http://www.kia-world.net/index.php/2008/01/25/kia-td2009-kia-spectra-spy-shots/
    Hey, Kia fans! Here are some fresh and exciting new spy shots of 2009 Kia Spectra! Among all pics there is also the first interior pic of upcoming four door sedan. Looks great!!
    You might wanna check it out: http://www.kia-world.net/index.php/2008/01/29/2009-kia-spectra-td-replacement-go- es-sportier/
  • netranger4netranger4 Member Posts: 149
    Am interested in purchasing a remaindered new 2007 Spectra EX. Although this question is off-topic, it would be refreshing to hear from Spectra owners who have not had defective engines, transmissions and other miscellaneous disabling and unrepairable catastrophes with this model. Given the numbers of this model in service it seems highly unlikely that Kia would jeopardize future sales by continuing to produce vehicles of questionable quality. Perhaps the 2009 redesign will reduce the consumer's sometimes unrealistic expectations.

After a test drive yesterday, I was very impressed with the ride, seating and general performance of this model. Realizing that perfection is never attainable, only approachable, am I about to buy into a mechanized horror story, unable to obtain satisfactory service and/or necessary warranty repairs?

Other user ratings on various Web sites are plentiful and generally favorable.
  • spectramanspectraman Member Posts: 255
    My 2004.5 Spectra EX's performance has been nearly flawless over 45k miles.

I'm am *totally* satisfied with the performance of this car to-date. A couple of niggly items that were corrected quickly is all I've had to deal with. The gas mileage isn't class leading, BUT the engine runs very well, has good power, and hasn't given me a bit of problems. That fact alone must bode well for Kia.

Type "spectra_ex_man@yahoo.com" into Google and click on the resultant link to read all the details about my car.

-SM
  • netranger4netranger4 Member Posts: 149
    Thanks for your input on this possible purchase. A dealer here in Phoenix has a few '07's left. EX/Auto w/cruise control. Price offered $12500. plus T&T.

The price is certainly attractive. I drive a round trip between here and back to Ohio each year and breaking down on the highway is my primary concern. Being a senior citizen the risk of mechanical failure is one that needs to be analyzed before any purchase decision can be made..

Who wants to get stuck in Squash Blossom, with the nearest dealer 50 to X miles away? Probably not on anyone's list of favorite activities.

My cars have always been completely dealer maintained every 3,000 miles and so far (KOW) no disabling failures. It's more expensive in the short run, but has paid off over my normal 5-6 years of ownership. One replacement cam sensor failure in five years on my Ford. That was noisy, but not fatal. At 62000 I replaced the original brake pads and rotors (front). The rears were replaced at 59000. At it's present 65,000 miles the car uses no oil nor has any leaks. Still gives 28-30 miles per gallon with a V-6 when driven at posted speed limits (Ex AZ.) which has some 75 MPH zones on I-40.

Should I decide to go with the Spectra, the factory maintenance schedule will be followed precisely and hopefully will result in the same serviceability that the Ford has provided.

My indecision is based in part on some of the horror stories on the Edmunds website.

After nearly sixty years of motoring with long gone makes such as Hupmobile, Terraplane and Frazer with few problems I hope that my luck continues.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with the Kia Spectra.
    codenamed by Kia as TD. It is camouflaged unfortunately because it is still under development. Early covered looks at it look very promising to me.

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Here it is, for all the world to see. Supposed to be coming to the ROK soon and to the U.S. in early 2009 as a 2010 (or maybe 2009.5? :) ) model:

Interior:
    http://www.kia-world.net/index.php/2008/07/07/spied-first-images-of-kia-forte-in- terior/

Exterior:
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/kia-forte.html
  • jjaysdjjaysd Member Posts: 1
    Within a week's time when I bought Kia Spectra '09, the Check Engine Light" turned on. Had it towed by the dealer and they fixed the matter saying it's only about the "gas cap." However, very dissapointingly, it turned on again only after a few weeks time. It's very annoying to think that we opted for a brand new car to make sure it won't give us any problems for the next 3-5 years. To think, for 2 months' worth of usage, we have only travelled 1,300 miles. What's up with the Check Engine Light?!? Brand new cars shouldn't have this reccurring problem. :confuse:
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    What was the cause of the 2nd check engine light? If the gas cap is not screwed on tightly each time (for several clicks), the check engine light will come on each time.
  • nitaa7701nitaa7701 Member Posts: 1
    I have had my car less than a week. It has less than 400 miles on it and I have not gased it up yet. So the question of the gas cap should not come into play here. I've driven it 246 miles since I picked it up from the dealer. This morning the check engine light came on. The car is driving fine, no issues there. The question is why?
  • ladytonyaladytonya Member Posts: 1
    Did you get an answer? My first instinct, if I had my car less than a week and the check engine light came on, would be to head directly to the dealership! Of course, if you don't live near your dealership then you could take the car to Auto Zone and ask them to run diagnostics and give you the codes, then go to a Kia forum and find what the codes mean. Just my $0.02!
  • kar444kar444 Member Posts: 1
    We just got a 2009 Spectra. We get 24 on the freeway and 17 in the city. I'm not sure what to do about this. I have heard in the past that California has different emissions laws so they mileage is lower. I'm not sure if this is true or not. Any suggestions or comments?
  • jj1054jj1054 Member Posts: 1
    Is there a way to reset the code on the check engine light without taking it to the dealership?
  • skosowskiskosowski Member Posts: 1
    did you find out how to resolve this issue. I have a 2009 Kia Spectra and the emissions light is on and I can't figure out how to reset it either. Please help
This discussion has been closed.