Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura MDX Transmission Problems

Comments

• dmd909dmd909 Member Posts: 1
    I have to vent again as this entire saga is now playing out with my co-worker's 2002 Odyssey. I have both a 2002 MDX (177k miles) and a 2004 Honda Accord LX V6 (98k). His Odyssey is starting to lose 2nd gear and now Honda wants $5k to fix it. I warned him. Now, I know I had a lot of miles on my MDX, but the recall fix didn't work as I had to replace the entore transmission. However, I am worried about the Accord as it is the same POS transmission that I expect to go soon too.

When I got both cars, brand new, everyone asked me how much I liked the cars. I told them the engine, suspension and steering were great, it was the transmission that always felt bad (mushy). I am vindicated by the fact that there are so many problems with these cars transmission. Honda got in over their engineering heads by bolting 1 transmission to the 4 and 6 cylinder cars. I vow never to buy a Honda product again. I won't even talk about the cd changer in the MDX crapping out. Just happened to another friend's 2010 MDX.
  • pghenkelmanpghenkelman Member Posts: 2
    We purchased a used Acura MDX a couple of weeks ago and now it is making a unique noise that the dealership cannot figure out. It makes the noise when going forward at about 35 miles an hour and it is a short rubbing/vibrating noise that is quick to start and quick to end. Often only a second or less but happens quite often. They cannot seem to diagnose it since it is short lived and not a continual noise. I am worried that it is something serious and we want it taken care of while it is still under the 30 day warranty. Does anyone have any ideas? When others had trouble with the transmission what were the symptoms?
    pghenkelman
  • 12bdriving12bdriving Member Posts: 24
    Does the tachometer move during the sound...in other words, if you are holding steady MPH on a flat road at 35mph, do the RPMs vary?
  • madmommy3madmommy3 Member Posts: 28
    I would print out all of this Torque Converter and Tranmsission stuff and go to the dealer with it (armed with info). Get it well documented. They tend to stall on the diagnsosis as not to have to fix it within the warranty. I am dreading that I have a 2008 Honda Oddesy van (in addition to my 01 MDX) as I know what is likely coming. I think I am officially over Honda.
  • signguy2signguy2 Member Posts: 7
    Return the car and get as far away from it as you can. The Deal knows what
    the problem is, don't let him get away with this. Honda is covering up. Return the Car and buy something other than Honda
  • mdxownrmdxownr Member Posts: 2
    In my experience, I have found this sound is very difficult to duplicate. I don’t know what causes the sound, but I have spent quite a bit of time understanding the behavior of my vehicle. Here are my findings/suggestions/ideas:

1) Find a long side street with max speed of 30~35 mph and a very slight uphill slope. Drive in D5.
    Details:
    a) The street must be long enough to allow for the vehicle to shift through gears 1-5 as you slowly accelerate from 0 to 35mph. If/when you begin hearing the sound, hold your speed steady to sustain. A longer street will give you more time to dial it in.
    b) The uphill slope of the street must consistent and minimal. If the slope is too steep, the transmission will shift back down to 4th gear and you will not be able to duplicate the sound. If the slope is not steep enough, the vehicle will not experience enough loading to recreate the issue.
    c) The street must be free from traffic. If you have to stop, slow down or adjust your speed, it may interfere with your ability to tune in to the conditions described above.

2) Find a street described above near your dealer and practice recreating the sound before scheduling an appointment. Then take the service tech for a drive and replicate the sound for him/her at the same location.
    Details:
    a) This may seem time consuming at first, however, if you let the service tech drive on any street at any speed, he may never be able to replicate the sound.
    b) If you are successful replicating the sound before your appointment, then you can schedule an appointment with more confidence that you will achieve a diagnosis.

3) Eliminate as much ambient noise as possible to help isolate the problem sound.
    Details:
    a) Turn off radio, climate control / fan, shut windows (reduce wind noise), avoid traffic, etc...

Please read through all the posts in this thread of the forum. Also, it wouldn’t hurt to search the internet for similar year Honda Pilots and Honda Odysseys to get a feel for general customer satisfaction related to other similar Honda/Acura V6 vehicles. If you have the option to keep or return your vehicle, this information can help you make an informed decision.
  • pghenkelmanpghenkelman Member Posts: 2
    I will check this afternoon. What does this mean? It always happens on a flat road, never going up hill or down hill. If you feather the gas between 30 and 40 mph. it happens a lot.
  • mightyquynhmightyquynh Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem and my local dealer does not seem to know what's going on either. I hope someone have an answer soon as to what caused this noise. I don't want something to happen while driving.
  • mightyquynhmightyquynh Member Posts: 2
    I am able to recreate the sound almost everytime. I have also recreated the sound with an Acura tech in the car. He was not able to figure out the issue. I suspect this is a transmission problem due to the symtom, but I am no expert. I hope someone can figure this out so I can get this issue fix pronto, it is beginning to make me nervous driving on the freeway.
  • blondie21djblondie21dj Member Posts: 4
    It sounds identical to the issue I was having. Check your vin number on acura.com. There is a recall for the 2005 Acura MDX for torque converter. Most likely that is what the issue is. It sounds identical to my situation and I found out it happens in almost all Acura MDX between 70k and 90k. I would also call Acura customer service to alert them of your issue so they can make record of it. Good luck.
  • tintintintin Member Posts: 19
    I have 2005 MDX. It has 42000 miles on it. The check engine light has been coming on for the past few months. Other than that it is driving fine. I took it in last week and they cleared the light and said if it came back again they will have to replace the catalytic converters. The light came back again so they have put in an order to replace both CCs. Anyone else have this issue? TIA.
  • buskedavisbuskedavis Member Posts: 1
    I just got off the phone with no help Acura, to find there are no recalls on the 2003 Acura MDX transmission. It will just go out of gear while driving, especially if your going up hill or make a sharp turn.....very scary
    The dealer is unable to duplicate, Acura suggest having a repair person ride around with me until it happens, now there's a thought!!
    any suggestions from anyone?
  • ltran04ltran04 Member Posts: 4
    Yes, kinda curious to hear your symptoms prior to getting your transmission replaced.

I just bought a new 2010 MDX tech+enter in N.VA (on 03/09) and it has been in the shop since last Wed. 03/17. The dealer said it needed transmission 'sensor replacements'. They have not worked on it b/c they are awaiting the shipments from the Kentucky and California supply warehouses. I hope these sensors are all that's needed (no new transmission...no no)

As for the symptoms in our MDX, when you pressed the gas pedal there seems to be some lag-time in acceleration. We would have brought it in later for our scheduled maintenance appt. but the message came over the NavLink navigation screen system @ 465 miles. Our previous 2006 MDX acceleration response was even quicker.
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    yes on my 2000 infiniti I30
  • rogerdyrogerdy Member Posts: 2
    Purchased my 2010 MDX Advance 01/12/10. Noticed a knocking sound at about 600mi. Sound is apparent at 850-900 rpm in gear and under slight load. Best demonstrated with foot on brake and slight increase in throttle off idle. Sound like it's coming from the transmission (left side of engine compartment). Sound disappears as rpm increases. Been to dealer three times, took test rides with dealer technician, dealer service manager and Acura District Manager. All Acura service people state that it's normal. Either they know it's a problem and don't want to admit it or they don;t want to look further until something fails. Have about 6000 mi now and it's gradually getting louder. Looks like last Acura for me. Will probably trade soon.
  • andileaandilea Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2001 Acura MDX and it has 79,000 miles on it and has been making the rumbling noise for months now. One place couldn't figure out what was wrong with it, so I took it to the Acura dealer. It's the torque converter and the mechanic who rode with me told me to drive 28 mph because that's about 1,500 rpms and sure enough the sound happened over and over at that speed. Smart mechanic. He knew instantly what was wrong (could it be that transmissions are a problem with the MDX's? hmmmmm.) It's in the shop now being fixed....to a tune of $2,300. Now I wonder how long it will last me? I wanted to drive it for 4-5 more years.
  • jslivonjslivon Member Posts: 57
    That's exactly what happened to our 2003 MDX at 107k miles. Acura paid 90% for a whole new trans., only because were were a good customer, knew of these problems from this website, and had an extended warranty that expired a month before the trans went out.

After your repairs are done, change tranny oil with Mobile 1 ATF every time you change oil. It's really easy. Maybe it will help.
  • frankf2frankf2 Member Posts: 17
    Hi Guys,

I have the same symptom as you mentioned. When I pressed gas pedal hard and quick release the pedal, there is a lag time and then with a sudden speed up, mostly happening in 30-50 mi/hr. Also when I make a quick brake down, there is a lag time with a shaking. Seems like the transmission gear not response smoothly with your foot control. I am going to send to dealer soon. Hope you guys can help to identify this problem. Pretty upset with my 09' MDX Sport-ent, and jusr 12k mi only.
  • tybamtybam Member Posts: 1
    This is kind of long so bear with me. I own a 04 MDX Touring. I've read all the posts on all of the websites about transmissions and none of them are quite like mine. I did experience the lugging about 10,000 miles ago. The truck currently has 90,000. Transmission started making a whining sound a couple days ago and then today all of a sudden the rpm's would go up but the truck wouldn't move. I checked the fluid and found it about 3 quarts low (girlfriends vehicle). I thought this fixed the problem but we didn't make it 3 miles down the road before it started acting up again. What's funny about the problem is, if I turn the truck off and restart it then it will do fine for a couple miles before the trans starts slipping and the truck starts jerking. If you pull over, shut it off, restart it then the truck will run fine again. Also, I can run around a parking lot fine unless I stop and put it into park and into drive again. If I do that then the transmission immediately drops out and the truck won't move no matter what gear I put it into unless I turn it off and restart it again. We had to keep pulling over, shutting off the truck and restarting it again just to get home. One time when we pulled over the "D" light flashed at us, the engine light came on, another warning light came on that had a hazard sign on it and you couldn't shift it into park until you shut off the truck again. We shut it off, restarted it, all the lights went away and it ran fine for a couple miles again. We never did see all the lights again but we finally made it home. Does it sound like the trans, a trans sensor,TC, main computer or all of the above? I don't know whether to take it to a trans shop or the dealer. I hate the dealer. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • gbredagbreda Member Posts: 11
    edited April 2010
    The whining sounds like the result of 3 quarts low on fluid. The issue there is why it was low. Transmission fluid does not evaporate, so if it is low, it had to go somewhere. I do not know the inner workings of the Honda/Acura transmission or control systems, but it sounds to me like it can be alot of things from computer control to a bad valve body in the trans to a leak that is resulting in loss of fluid pressure. The fact that you were down 3 quarts indicates a leak somewhere.

If you are not comfortable with the dealer, find a good transmission shop that knows Honda/Acura. Or find another dealer. You know that you will pay more at Acura.

I would call around to several shops/dealers and see if anyone recognizes these sypmtoms.

Just my 2 pennies.
  • gtguy990gtguy990 Member Posts: 2
    Blondie,
    we've just purchased a 2005 MDX and we had the same rumbling noise. We took it back to the dealer (Acura Dealer) and they fixed it right away with no problem free of charge. They said Acura will pay for it since it's only been 3 weeks since we purchased the car. I suggest threatening the dealer with a lawsuit. Obviously, they know about the problem.
  • tanman5tanman5 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 MDX and a few months ago, I was driving and lost all power. The check emissions light came on. I had it towed to Acura and they told me that I needed a new throttle. They replaced the throttle (free of charge, it's a lease). Then yesterday, I was driving and all sorts of lights started flashing. Check throttle, you will experience no acceleration, Check emissions. I rolled into the middle of an intersection, but was able to steer into a parking lot. Now the dealership is telling me that there is an internal failure of the software, and they are ordering me a new computer. What does that even mean? Is this a common problem? I only have 15K miles on the car. Thanks!
    I bought my MDX with 32K miles on it. By 42K it needed a torque converter under warranty. It had to have it replaced again at 59K..warranty again. I now have 79 K and it might be starting again, although not bad enough to recreate at will. I know that noise and it is there off and on, although faint....at least for now.

What is the deal with these units? Could it be more than just the torque converter and be in the transmission itself?
  • mark27mark27 Member Posts: 5
    read about and experienced the issues with the '05 MDX torque converter. 20-30 mph I get a vibration/shuttering. Took it to Acura and they kept it overnight to "re-create" the noise. they confirmed the issue was a torque converter. Here's the kicker...I have 82k on the car and way out of warranty. They volunteered a 90% goodwill coverage of the costs. Quite impressed. I just hope this fixes the issue.
    Hope it takes for you. Mine didn't. 2 replacements and the beginning of a third. Traded it in already.

By the way, Acura should have picked up the charge 100%. They know that they have a problem torque converter. These vehicles cost enough, they should stand behind them.

Good Luck
    I had mine replaced at 94,000 a year ago Nov. would like to know how many people have had have the trans. replaced a second time, I'm thinking maybe its
    better to get rid of the car while the 3 year warrenty I got is still good.
  • mdxownrmdxownr Member Posts: 2
    Found this in a Honda Odyssey forum. Apparently there is a PCM update/TSB to address the torque converter judder for 05-06 Acura MDX.

See EE4Life's post on 2-17-2010.
    http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=010ec95cea6bda77dd8b4e8695c4a184&- threadid=41047&perpage=15&highlight=&pagenumber=42
  • bloombergbloomberg Member Posts: 1
    *** 2004 MDX owners Read this I save $1700.00 on my transmission and torque converter repair.
    Well add me to the list of torque converter issues, and now Acura is recommending that I replace the transmission too. Here's the history, I brought it in because at around 25-30 mph I could hear a fluttering and my rpms would go up and down 200-300 rpms, no check engine or flashing vtm-4 light. So I though maybe plugs and coils, nope replaced them all and still the same problem. So I brought it into Acura. They test drove it and the only thing they could do was to disconent the feed to the torque converter and then the issue went away. So they told me at least it will cost $2250.00 for the converter, but they STRONGLY RECOMMEND to replace the whole transission for $3700.00. My mouth hit the floor..... I told him I would call him back. So next I started looking online and clicked here and saw soooo many similar issues, and that people were getting Acura to cover all or a portion of the cost, but the kicker was that they had most of their service done, but I live 1 hour away and have had 1 service repair done at Acura. But I thought "what's it going to hurt to ask them" so I called back and politly said;
    "You know I've done some research and I'm finding that there are A LOT of issues with the transission on MDX's and that many people are getting help from Acura to cover the cost, can you please try to see if you can make sone calls to help out a MDX lover that just can't afford repairs like this? after I tell him that I'm not the first owner and I know they don't owe my anything but if he could do this I would really appreciate it he agreed.
    45 min later and he called back and nocked it down from $3700.00 to $2000.00, now I know it's not free, but I was looking for help and they nocked off $1700.00, that I have to say is very good customer support for something that if I did nothing I would be out that money.

Long story short, just try to call the dealer and see if they will do something for you. It was really easy.........
  • lushlifelushlife Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like we have the same problem...Replaced the transmission at a reputable shop but the problem recurred. It is back in the shop and they haven't been able to find anything wrong with the transmission even though they have road tested it and it has happened while they are driving. This may be a more common problem than Acura is letting on. Have there been many responses to this post?
  • jslivonjslivon Member Posts: 57
    My trans. was replaced at 107k miles. Acura paid 90%. I honestly don't think the trans. had any mechanical failure. I think it was electronic or a dirty fluid filter that is not serviceable. There is no way that the bearings, gears, or clutches wore out. I was changing its fluid every 30k miles.

Acura won't say what is wrong with these. The CA service center rep. told me the replacement transmission will not have the same issues. I think he lied to me, but that's because I learned a long time ago not to trust people. If I still own our '03 MDX when this next trans. fails, I'll take it into an independant repair shop that can assure and warranty that the rebuild/repair will fix the issues.

Since replacement, I'm changing fluid with every engine oil change (5,000 miles). It takes an extra 5 minutes to change the fluid and I'm using Mobil 1 ATF for multi vehicles. I'm not sure it will help.
  • lk25lk25 Member Posts: 1
    I brought my car in one month ago due to rumbling noise at 30-40 mph. They stated it was the torque converter and that it needs to be replaced but not right away???? and that they can't guarantee that the noise will go away if it is replaced. Now, if they expect me to pay $2000 or more shouldn't it be guaranteed?
    I read in another forum, that I should try changing the rear difft'l fluid and that it may take the noise away?? any comments/ suggestions will help.
  • busbarbusbar Member Posts: 2
    First post. For the past several months my 2001 MDX transmission mis-shifts going from second to third, basically leaving me in neutral until I let off the pedal for a few seconds.

I drive about 250 miles weekly, but what really odd is this shifting problem only happens (so far) in two intersections that I commonly enter. When it occurs, I am slowly accelerating (due to congested traffic after a stop light) on level to slightly downhill surfaces.

This only seems to happen on light acceleration.

I called my Acura dealer last week and they suggested that I come in and they would have someone ride with me, but since it wasn't frequently reproducible they suggested should wait if I could. They told me that there were no diagnosis codes that a shop test would uncover.

I'm not sure what good it is to have a passenger. Nothing unusual happens that you can hear or feel when the shift is missed, other than the engine revs up because I'm still trying to accelerate.

FWIW, my MDX just turned 100k miles today. At about 80k my torque converter was replaced after I experienced frequent shuddering at 40-45 mph.

Any ideas? Could it be that there is some kind of external electrical interference (cell tower?) affecting a shift control unit?
  • omdx05oomdx05o Member Posts: 2
    I have 05 mdx and when the car is at 20 - 40 m/h it vibrates and makes some noises. I have 105k mies on.
    I'm glad I traded out of my MDX
  • tzeligtzelig Member Posts: 2
    Sell it before it breaks down.
  • tzeligtzelig Member Posts: 2
    Any names of reputable lawyers with a history of success regarding this issue?
    I've owned other all wheel drive vehicles with standard transmissions that lasted longer than the automatic transmission on this 02 mdx. This issue is going to be acura's Achilles heel.
  • galissongalisson Member Posts: 1
    Im having the same problem as most of the people here on this forum. I hear a rumbling noise at 30-40 mph.
    Yeah, I had been a Subaru driver for many years and decided to try a more "comfortable" vehicle with Acura. I will have a hard time looking at another Acura or recomending one.

Funny that on an out of warranty repair, Acura "strongly recommended" replacing the transmission. Yet on my 2 in warranty repairs, they did not even want to change the transmission fluid.
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    "Funny that on an out of warranty repair, Acura "strongly recommended" replacing the transmission. Yet on my 2 in warranty repairs, they did not even want to change the transmission fluid".

Sounds like "quality service" from a trusted dealer. I learned 8 cars ago to cover my backside with any dealer if I was going to keep the vehicle for 100k, I got a second warranty for the difference between the miles after purchase and the 100k.

Worked one time with a 89 Camery at 45k as the dealer replaced the values, ect and I got another 80k from there.

Good luck to all and stay safe.

jensad
  • busbarbusbar Member Posts: 2
    haha... too funny.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2010
    Did you find this new spot for your post ok? (if not, I guess we'll never know, lol).
  • wallabyguywallabyguy Member Posts: 20
    Count me in too. I have a 2005 MDX with 94k. I'm closely watching this thread as I can only assume the worst is around the corner.
  • jbwivjbwiv Member Posts: 2
    Guys,

We bought a 2003 MDX from a local reseller with 61K miles. The warranty expired at 60K. It now has 99K

A month after we bought it, we experienced transmission slips on occasion...often when turning but sometimes just moving straight on. The car would come out of gear, rev up in RPMs, then catch with a loud bang. I took it to the local dealership here and they charged me $550 to flush the transmission and a bunch of other fluids saying that that should fix it. It didn't. They then said they just couldn't repeat it.

We've lived with it ever since. However, last week my wife said it simply wouldn't go over 5 miles an hour, yet RPMs were going up.

I came home and checked the transmission fluid. Instead of the pink I'm used to, it was chalky white. I went to the dealership, bought some fluid, came home and put it in. The car drove fine for the next 30 minutes. Parked it and saw fluid dripping out of the bottom.

I called my local dealership and asked for help. He was a bit of a jerk, saying that he couldn't help me because:

1. I didn't buy the car there.
    2. I didn't use them regularly for maintenance. I change all my own oil and fluids typically, so oh well.

So I took it to the local Cottman's. They said that a heat transfer from the transmission to the radiator had breached, and that the radiator coolant and transmission fluid had become mixed. This is why it looked chalky when I checked the fluid. They said a radiator replacement and transmission flush might just fix the issue. So, I paid them $650 and they did it.

Drove ok for about a week, although it did seem to be shifting a bit rougher. Yesterday, it started slipping on my wife again after she had been waiting on my daughter at school (in gear). I drove it around today, and couldn't get it to repeat for myself *until* I stopped at a drive through. Suddenly, when moving from the first drive thru window to the next, I got the slip. It just goes up in RPMs but doesn't move forward as fast as you'd expect it to.

I called Cottman's, and they said the suspected there was still some coolant in the transmission and that I should come out for another flush. If that didn't do it, it would need a replacement transmission. $2500.

I called Aamco...the quoted $1400.

I took it to a local Honda (non-dealer) service place, and they said $4K. They said that if I went with Cottman's or Aamco, I'd just be replacing the transmission with another transmission with the same defect and that the $4K would insure I get a factory-rebuilt tranmission with the defect resolved.

I'm usure what to do, and hope you can help me.

1. Is it worth trying to call and complain again to Acura? I hate to do it, but I'm in the leadership of a company with over 5000 people, so I'd think that my word my carry some weight, but probably not. What should I do? Who should I complain to?
    2. Is it really risky to go with Aamco?
    3. Anything else you can tell me that would help? This thing is *sinking* me financially.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it!
  • b30b30 Member Posts: 2
    Wow, I have the same story, only my 2001 MDX had 230K miles when it started. It only slips in between first and second gear at slow speeds and only after taking my foot off the gas, coasting a bit and then pressing the gas again. If I accelerate without backing off, it never slips. I also can not make it happen when I try.

I did get a new tranny from Aamco at $3500 after both the dealer and Aamco both said it was a tranny problem. Aamco offer a by far better warrenty on the new tranny. Now I have a new tranny and still have the problem. Now Aamco says it is the power control board and they can fix for additional $1200. I am going to take to the dealer for their opinion.

Anyone know what the power control board does and what are the symptoms when it goes bad?

Need help!
  • madmommy3madmommy3 Member Posts: 28
    If you are stuck with it, go to a reputable tranmission dealer that has a 3 year warranty on their work. We did so (they are members of some transmission dealer network so if it busts on the road, supposedly any tranny shop in their network will fix it. We paid $2500 plus a new radiator which was full of metal or something for another $350. So far so good but we only drive it as our second car and not very far. No road trips other than 100 miles or so. You can complain to Acura but it goes on deaf ears. They don't care. You can hire a lawyer but again, they will play the "not properly maintained game. Some of the big tranny shops low ball the cost up front and go up from there. My mechanic who was not going to get the work warned me of that. You will get a reused tranny with new guts. $1400 doesn't really cover that so beware. Check around. $4K at honda is steep b/c they automatically change the brains of it as well (I forget the term for it...so it's $3000 or so plus another $800 for the brains plus some sealing stuff). You may or may not need the brains, but you will get a 36K 3 year warranty, or you should and given that many have recurring tranny issues, that is worth gold. You can ditch it just before it expires. Sad but ture, sorry you had to join our club.
  • junaid5junaid5 Member Posts: 1
    My 2001 MDX has 132k miles on it and last Friday started to slip gears.

Went to Acura and it is the Transmission. Scanner code was P0730. Talked to service manager and Acura CS, both did not offer any assistance. Cost to repair by dealer is $4100.00

Any advice. (I still do not want to sell it)
  • jamesmartinezjamesmartinez Member Posts: 1
    My car is at the dealer for an intermittent problem that started even when the car was still under warranty. The car would shudder when coasting at around 50mph but once it starts accelerating, it is fine. I was told that the problem is with a torque converter and was quoted $2500 (parts $1100 plus labor).

They said that it is no longer under warranty and so I have to pay the full amount.

The car only has less than 75k miles on it. What course of action can we take since looking through the Internet postings, this seems to be a common problem with Acura and I feel that they should take responsibility for fixing the problems at their cost.
    Don't accept their proposal. I had the same problem with the torque converter, here
    on Long Island in New York, the dealer charged me $1000. and Acura picked up the rest. My vehicle had 92,000 miles at the time. Acura knows that they make a
    lousy product and want to pass along the buck. Make some noise, insist to speak
    to an Acura rep. Don't accept what they are trying to do to you. These are expensive autos and they should stand behind their product. Good Luck
  • nickntiffanynickntiffany Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2006 acura mdx that just turned 70000 miles. While driving at 15 to 30 mph it makes a high pitch grinding sound. Let me know what you have learned and if the dealer compensated you for anything. Thank You,

Nick email nickntiffany@msn.com
  • evazhang21evazhang21 Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2003 MDX, which had a transmission failure when I was driving it last week. It was a terrible experience, since I stopped in the express way. I had to drive it to the curb using the 12 gear and had it towed to the dealer.

The dealer said the transmission has a internal failure, so it has to be replaced. They offered $4,700 for the service.
    I am very disappointed with Acura. The millage of my car is only around 70,000 miles. As a luxury brand, this is intolerable.
    The dealer is negotiating with Acura right now and I hope they can offer a little discount, because $4700 is totally over my budget.
    But no matter what, I don't think I will ever buy another Acura.