Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 CTS

Comments

• acenjacenj Member Posts: 58
    Can any of you w/ the DI AWD post your mpg?

thx.

Aceman
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    depending on the driving style....on other forums Ive seen posted 18-21 city.......and 24-27 highway...I have a RWD non di.....and I average around 24....

20s in town and 29-31 on the highway.....
  • ctsguy2ctsguy2 Member Posts: 19
    I've only checked my mileage twice. In a mostly urban route got about 16 and in a highway route got about 20.5 mpg. The car only has 2800 miles, so I'm hoping for an improvement.
  • srushingsrushing Member Posts: 38
    Yeah same here. Had my 09 CTS since Jan and haven't even thought about worrying about my mileage yet. I'll check it about 10K miles...loving the car thus far though...got it just before the red tag sale ended....
  • joey245joey245 Member Posts: 9
    I just bought a 09 cts a month ago. i live in south fl. and when the car sits in the hot sun the climate control fan only comes up to about 3/4 speed with the temp control set at 70 degrees. if I lower it to 60 deg or put the fan on high manually it works fine.
    I had a 05 cts and have had climate control in cars since 1988 and when the car was hot inside the fan would come up to full speed until the car began to cool down.
    I had the car back to cadillac and they are telling me that the factory says this is normal in the 0908 and 09 cts.
    I do not buy that. has any one else experienced this and if so what was the fix.
    as for wind noiuse in the sun roof,there is none when it is closed and the gas mileage on highway driving is great. over 30 mpg at 75 mph. local is about 20 mpg.
    I had a 05 cts with an aftermarket sun roof and that always had wind noise and they could not stop it.
    joey245
  • 150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    8800 on the odometer and trouble free. Just drove from Tampa to Indy @ the speed limit+5. Got 27.6 mpg.
  • artmbgolfartmbgolf Member Posts: 57
    Your 27.6 is good highway MPG. I am wonderig if there is anything in common between those getting good MPG and not good MPG highway?

Do you have the base suspension? Sport Suspension 18" wheels? Or the 18" Summer tire suspension? AWD?

I am thinking that possibly AWD or Limited Slip is causing the lower MPG reports from some?
    AWD is a bit tougher on the MPG....I have a non-DI FE2 suspension 09 CTS RWD, I average 24 combined....and 28-30 MPG on the highway depending on the hills......overall very pleased with the CTS.....4 months old...and just rolled 10K
    I have a 2009 CTS w/ 1SA, automatic, PDW, PDR. I do not have AWD or sun roof. (PDW & PDR packages includes the FE2 suspension, 18" wheels, & limited slip differential.
  • asroseasrose Member Posts: 2
    Anyone experiencing steering wheel vibration above 60 mph with the 2009 CTS? All attempts to fix the problem haven't worked.
  • ramjet22ramjet22 Member Posts: 3
    have had vibration in my 2009 cts awd di engine between 45 to 60 mph since i picked it up jan 12 09 2 visits to service no help,balanced wheels & drive shaft etc service mgr called 2/16 said fix was availble from cadi engineering and had ordered the parts,should be in this friday, hears hoping, if not i will be starting lemon law action
  • asroseasrose Member Posts: 2
    That would be great if they have a solution. Did they indicate the source of the problem and what types of parts were ordered?

Please keep us posted!
    i kept getting a vibrating feeling in my ears when i got over 40 mph. i have a 2009 cts,1000 miles on it.
    i thought i was nuts and when i mentioned it to my service writer,his reply was we know all about it. they ordered a rear differential insulation kit and re aligned the differential and now all its ok.
    i posted the following question earlier and have not had any response.
    when my car sits in the hot sun and i start it up the climate control blower only comes up to a little more then half speed. i have had climate control in cars since 1988 including a 2005 cts and when the car was hot inside the fan speed would come up to maximum, until the car started to cool down.
    the only way i can get the fan to come up on high speed is to lower the temp to 60 degrees or bring the speed up manually.
    general motors tech has told my dealer that this is the way it works in the 2008 and 2009 cts.
    i think they have a manufacturing defect. if any one else is experiencing this problem,please let me know. if it works properly,i would also appreciate hearing from you.
    joey245
    I've got about 3200 miles on my CTS AWD with 3.6DI. Have always noticed a slight vibration in the steering wheel at highway speeds, it but wasn't that severe and thought maybe I was being overly critical. Mine has had the two recalls performed for onstar and airbag, a faulty window regulator replaced and door lock mechanism ordered because it would only sporadically unlock. It seems like every day there are new creaks and rattles but some only intermittent. The newest thing is a drivers seat backrest that creaks loudly when I move around. I'm an average sized and weight guy. Don't know why it would do that, but passengers even comment on it. I looked up the lemon law but no one repair has had to be made more then once, and the vehicle has not been out of service for the required time either. Quickly becoming disheartened with the purchase decision.
    there have been two sources of vibration or harmonic vibration....one has been corrected with road force balancing of the wheels....this requires a hunter balancer I beleive and a tech that has a clue about how to use one......the second is that harmonic sound and in some cases vibration from the drive shaft.....the fix as noted has to due with some new insulators for where I beleve the drive shaft enters the diff.

all this seems to be car unique......I have an 09 RWD non-DI model fully loaded otherwise...and have neither problem... picked it up in Sept 08 and have over 10K on it now without any problems......

here is the TSB for the insulators:

This bulletin is being revised to update model years and add insulator washers (only for vehicles built without washers). Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-07-30-044 (Section 04 - Driveline/Axle).

Condition

Some customers may comment on a drone, boom, moan or vibration during light acceleration which phases in and out in intensity.
    The condition may be most noticeable at about 80 km/h (50 mph), or 1000 - 1300 engine RPM, and occurs over a speed range of 5 to 8 km/h (3 to 5 mph).

Cause

This condition may be caused by the rear axle assembly responding to engine firing frequencies passed through the driveline when the torque converter clutch (TCC) is engaged.

Correction

For All Vehicles -- Calibration Update
    This condition can be verified by driving the vehicle to duplicate the concern and using the Tech 2® to turn off the TCC. If the noise stops when the TCC is turned off, the calibration detailed below should help to eliminate the noise or vibration.
    Important:
    • This calibration may result in decreased fuel economy up to approximately one mpg/kpg. Because of this, the software should not be used in a vehicle without this concern.
    • There are two calibration part numbers that are "selectable" for this controller. Read the description to determine the correct calibration for this condition.
    • DO NOT replace rear drive axle or propshaft for this concern.
    A revised calibration has been developed to correct this condition. Technicians are to reprogram the transmission control module (TCM) using SPS with the latest software available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the Service Programming System (SPS) procedures in SI. As always make sure your Tech 2® is updated with the latest software version.
    For Vehicles Built Prior to VIN Breakpoint 90159377 - Install Insulator Washers After Reprogramming
    1. Raise and suitably support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle in SI.
    2. Place a transmission jack stand under the rear differential assembly.

3. Remove the two front differential mounting bolts

4. Install the rubber insulators (2), GM P/N 20827776, between the rear drive axle and the body
    5. Install the rear differential mounting bolt.
    Tighten
    Tighten the rear differential mounting bolt (1) to 220 N•m(162 lb ft).
    6. Remove the transmission jack stand.
    7. Remove the support and lower the vehicle.

Parts Information

Part Number Description Qty
    20827776 INSULATOR ASM - DIFF CARR 2

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use:
    Labor Operation Description Labor Time
    K9532* Transmission Control Module Transmission Reprogramming with SPS 0.4 hr
    Add Install Rubber Insulators in Rear Differential 0.3 hr
    *This is a unique labor operation for bulletin use only. It will not be published in the Labor Time Guide.
    GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
    WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
    © 2009 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.
    Go to message # 2717 under the topic "2008 Cadillac CTS". The service bulletin to solve the vibration problem is posted there. I suggest you copy it and take it with you to your dealer.
  • fisherman10fisherman10 Member Posts: 1
    Shimmy after 60 mph on my 2008 caused by tires according to my dealer.Two visits to dealer without sucess also excessive wind noise from the sunroof. I have owned several vehicles with sunroofs without this problem including a 2004 CTS.Any advice on these two problems would be greatly appreciated.
    sunroof isnt properly adjusted...and have they road force balanced the wheels....with a hunter balancer?..time to try a new dealer..if dealer claims its the tires....have them replace them
  • blackcadillacblackcadillac Member Posts: 13
    Hey Guys,

I just purchased a 2009 CTS AWD 3.6L. Sharp car, but my gas mileage is terrible. 11.2 mpg. Sad
    I've run through a couple tanks of gas from different stations, but the mpg turns out about the same.
    I drive about 25 miles a day round trip to work. I've tried to vary my driving style and drive as conservatively as possible with no real change in mpg. My commute is mostly city driving. I just brought it back to the dealer and they said all things check out OK.
    I have noticed some stuttering in the acceleration. Any thoughts?
    I also got a rental CTS from the dealer while they looked at my car. It was a 2009 RWD 263hp. This car is a lot peppier then mine and has the mpg on the dash listed as 20.5 mpg.

Hmmm? Something seems wrong here. The dealer said I should drive for a couple thousand miles to get a real idea on the mpg.

I'm getting 165 to 185 miles to a tank of gas. This will not fly. Do I have a lemon?

Any thoughts? Tips?

Thanks for any help.

best,

-S
    I would say you round trip wiht each way being approx 12 miles of city only driving contributes to your gas mileage..that short distance hardly allows the engine to reach peak temperature and performance.......with the second impact being the AWD.........you stated 3.6 and didnt indicate it was a DI engine....the rental was DI based on the HP you indicae...and is definitely peppier than the non-DI IMO....I perferred the non-DI overall and chose that one in my 09 with RWD......with 10k on the car now...I average 23-24 overall...and 29-30 on the highway over extended (100 miles or more) drives......my average commute is 35 miles one way....about half and half city and highway driving
    Saying 3.6L is not clear about 304HP DI or 265HP Standard engine. That is mainly interesting to establish a pattern, to determine if any combo of options is related to poor or expected MPG.

I feel the best way to measure MPG easily and quickly is to monitor the instant MPG display on cruise, on a Flat highway going around 60 or so. If that gets close to the 25-26 EPA, then nothing is wrong for the highway. If that MPG stinks, then something could be wrong and you will have a better argument with service.

Stuttering in acceleration also may indicate something not correct.
    Don't monitor MPG in "Sport Mode" (shifter to the right).

If the 263hp engine felt faster than yours, that is another indication of yours not running well.
    I have a 2007 CTS. While this has never bothered me, your post reminds me that I think that happens on my 07 CTS, where the auto fan speed goes up half way on it's own after start up. Only occasionally have I felt the need for full blast, so it never bothers me.
    Thanks for the tip on the MPG test.

Here are the specifics on my CTS

3.6L Direct Injection All-Wheel Drive V6 engine with 304 hp
    Transmission, 6-speed automatic transmission.
    Performance Collection, 18" All-Season Tire Performance Package

Yes, the 263HP RWD felt more responsive.

I will try the highway 60 MPH test and see if I get the 25-26 EPA.

thx,

-s
    I had a 2004 CTS with the 263HP, auto, Goodyear RS-A and got 27mpg highway. I now have a 2007 CTS 263hp, with FE3 18" Summer Tire Potenza, with Limited Slip. I get 25 mpg highway. The reduction could be the tires or limited slip or just engine variance.

Some reporting normal 27ish mpg and others reporting teens, makes it sound like they have a problem or are calculating wrong or just reporting the computer avg mpg. My current 25 mpg highway often is around 15-17 around town.

If cruise or steady at 60-70 mph on flat road isn't up in the mid 20's, you might have a problem, especially considering performance doesn't feel good compared to the 263hp engine.

I have not driven the DI yet, so I can't talk about the difference in feel. I also wonder if the Michlen tires on FE2 grip well enough, as they are more of a touring tire than a perf all season.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'd be super happy with 23-24,.....
    I'd be happy with 15/16, but 11.6 consistent seems way off.

I have 1400 miles on my CTS(AWD DI 304). Do you think I'll get better MPG as I put on more miles?

Thx,
    - S
    Both of my 2004 + 2007 CTS did improve highway MPG by about 2 MPG after
    about 5,000 miles. I don't see any way for merely breaking in to increase around 10 mpg.

If your commute has lights and stop and go, the avg mpg means very little.
    The highway run on instant means more right now and may be your best way to convince your service there is a problem. The sluggish running also sounds like a sign something is wrong.

I am not a mechanic. I just observe my Cadillacs using the instant mpg and only monitor average for longer highway trips. I have had several Eldorados with the 300hp Northstar, that all could get 25mpg highway at long distance or using the
    instant mpg monitor at highway speeds.

A long shot wild guess is to check your oil level, in case they forgot to fill it up, although if seriously low, the car should warn you. Also make sure the tires are inflated where they should be.
    Hey "S" Your car and mine sound identically optioned, and I too have questions regarding the gas mileage and sputtering of the engine. Mine also has an idle "flutter" when in or out of gear that will actually cause the car to rock. The dealer of course says that nothing shows up on the diagnostics and that they can't duplicate the same conditions. I'm hoping that the mileage will increase in time as I only have 3400 miles, but the stutter and idle issues are still a concern.
    Wow, I don't know if it's good or bad to hear you're having the same problems.
    I also notice the idle flutter.

Are you getting 11/12 MPG?

My dealer also gave me a all OK, based on diagnostic computer hook up when I first brought it in.

Thx,
    -s
    No offense, but I was kind happy to hear that someone else was having the same issues and concerns. Comfort in numbers I guess. I haven't checked my mileage in the past few weeks, but on a 500 mile highway trip I got an average of 20.5 and a mixed loop of 15. I calculate my own averages as I don't know how accurate the "DIC" really is.
    Everything I've read suggests you can't rely on the onboard calculations. I have a 2009 Black CTS base engine but have avoided doing any mileage calculations until I hit 7500-10000 miles, which is when I hear engines usually get broken in. So for now, I just enjoy the ride, though I have developed a little rattle in the passengers side seat belt column that I'll have the dealership look at. Otherwise, ok so far.

Good luck guys.
    Motor Trend Feb 2009 has a long term test update on their 08 CTS. No doubt it has the DI engine, but it does not say. They reported no problems and a 13,992 mile avg MPG of 17.2

I feel if the combined is 17.2, then their highway could be around 25, which matches up with the EPA estimate.

Assuming you guys with sputtering have a problem, it might not be something that reports a code, if all your service guys are doing to checking for an error code. You might have something wrong like a bad spark plug.
  • redgtconv1redgtconv1 Member Posts: 7
    I had a 2004 CTS and a 2006 STS, both with the 3.6L V6 and thought both performed well and had good gas mileage. In October, when I went shopping for a 2009 CTS I thought I would step up to the new 3.6DI. The dealer actually gave me the the car to take home for a 24 hour test drive. I immediately noticed 2 things. First the power increase was noticeable and almost more than necessary. But, secondly, I noticed a pronounced vibration which was very noticeable when the car was stopped at a light. You could feel it in the steering wheel, the brake pedal and even the seat, and you could hear it. I looked at the rpm's to see if I could notice why the car engine seemed to be so rough. But the rpm's looked normal. My wife could even feel this roughness in the passenger seat. But, I still thought this would simply require a minor adjustment, so I returned to the dealer with the intention of buying the car. When I was there, I spoke with the general manager about my impressions of the car and mentioned the engine roughness. And, to my surprise his reply was " Yes I know all about that, I drive one myself and it does the same thing. We can't do anything about it, it's just a characteristic of that engine".
    So I left the car there and decided I would investigate this. I went on the internet and read every review I could find. Eventually I found 2 professional reviewers who loved the power of the DI but warned about roughness at idle and slow speeds. Please don't ask me for the reviews, it was 4 months ago and I don't remember.
    Ok, so no DI engine for me! I then test drove the old reliable non DI engine and loved it. The power was more than adequate and the refinement was far superior.
    As far as mileage goes, my history with Cadillac and the 3.6 V6, has taught me that initial mileage stinks, the mileage on my 2006 STS was still improving at 2 years and 25,0000 miles when I turned it back into the dealer.
    My 2009 base CTS got about 10mpg in mostly city on the first tank. The first time I took it on the highway I couldn't get it above 24 mpg. At about 1000 miles I was able to get 26-28 mpg on highway. Now at 2000 miles, I just took a 20 mile trip on I-95 at about 65-70 mph and got 29.5 mpg. Now the city mileage is nothing to write home about, maybe 15 mpg. If you look at the Instant Mileage reading you will see it plummet when you accelerate. So a steady foot will dramatically increase mileage.
    Sorry for such a long post, but other things to consider are the weight of the vehicle and the conditions you drive in. AWD adds about 200 lbs, sunroof adds 125lbs. additional options add more weight. I have the base car, doesn't even have the spare tire. Also, I live in South Florida, where the roads are flat, we are at sea level and the weather is always nice.
    Thanks for the insight. I thought that I had also read somewhere that the 3.6DI had an inherent "design flaw" that caused the idle flutter or roughness, but can't find that blog again.
  • richw5richw5 Member Posts: 152
    Most cars need a break in period before the mileage normalizes. The gas mileage on my 03 CTS got better as it approached 10K miles. The same can be said for my TrailBlazer.

When my wife was driving the CTS 52 miles roundtrip to work on a daily basis, she was averaging 24 - 27 mpg. Now that she only drives 1 to 2 miles roundtrip, she averages 17 - 19 mpg. The engine barely gets to warm up and a car needs some highway miles to achieve better mileage. Trips to the mall (about 5 miles away) actually help raise her average mpg.

Give your CTS some time and don't worry.
  • bobl8bobl8 Member Posts: 6
    I only have approx. 2800 miles on car (2009 cts awd 265 hp engine, auto trans) so I haven't really opened her up yet. Can anyone provide realistic 0-60 mph times for me to expect in the future if I decide to "gas it up" Also, is anyone experiencing the front door stops not being strong enough to hold door open? Meanwhile I'm enjoying the hell out of the car. I forgot how much fun it is to take "the long way home." Getting approx. 17mpg around town, and approx. 26 hiway, no problems to report. Some of my past cars have included TR 3, 65 Beetle, 68 Beetle, 69 pontiac Lemans, 72 Pontiac Firebird 75 BMW 2002, 75 Cadillac Sedan de Ville 75 VW Scirocco, Dodge Omni, Mitsubishi Turbo-Eclipse, Chevy Trailblazer, Toyota Supra, Toyota Corolla, Honda Pilot. (OK, I'm not a kid) So I have a bit of car driving experience--The CTS is the best car I have ever owned!! Regards to everyone.
  • temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I just purchased an '09 black CTS. It is the base 3.6 engine with auto trans and RWD. I have 500 miles on the car. It has a whine in first but it is quiet in the other five gears. Is anyone experiencing the same or is this a characteristic of the car? I had an '05 CTS and I don't remember having a whine in first. It is not loud but noticeable. Thanks for responding.
  • wafflemanwaffleman Member Posts: 8
    Blackcadillac - any update on your MPG? Did you see what you can get on the highway driving around 55-60 MPG?
    HI,
    I PURCHASED A NEW 2009 CTS THE END OF DECEMBER AND I POSTED A QUESTION IN REGARDS TO HOW THE CLIMATE CONTROL IS WORKING IN THE 2008 AND 2009 CTS.
    I ONLY HAD ONE RESPONSE.
    I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF YOU GUYS OR GALS WOULD ANSWER MY POST AND LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR CLIMATE CONTROL IS WORKING WHEN ON THE AUTO MODE.
    I LIVE IN SOUTH FL AND THE CAR GETS HOT WHEN IT SITS OUTSIDE. WHEN I START IT UP AND SET THE CLIMATE CONTROL AT 70 DEG.THE BLOWER WILL COME UP TO ABOUT MEDIUM SPEED FPOR A FEW MINUTES AND BEFORE THE CAR HAS COOLED DOWN,THE BLOWER SPEED SLOWS DOWN. I CAN BRING THE FAN SPEED UP MANUALLY OR LOWER THE TEMP TO 60 DEG AND THEN THE FAN SPEED COMES UP.
    I HAD THE CAR BACK TO MY DEALER FOR THREE DAYS AND HE CLAIMS THAT IS HOW THE CLI,MATE CONTROL WORKS IN THE 08 AND 09 CTS.
    HE TELLS ME HE CALLED CADILLAC TECH AND THEY ADVISED HIM IT IS WORKING PROPERLY.
    I CALLED CADILLAC CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND COMPLAINED. I HAVE HAD CARS WITH CLIMATE CONTROL SINCE 1988 INCLUDING A 2005 CTS AND WHEN THE CAR WAS HOT INSIDE AND THE TEMP WAS SET AT BETWEEN 70 AND 74 DEG, THE BLOWER WOULD COME ON FULL BLAST AND SLOWLY SLOW DOWN AS THE CAR COOLED DOWN.
    CADILLAC TECH TOLD ME TO TAKE THE CAR TO ANOTHER DEALER AND HAVE IT RE CHECKED. I HAVE NOT GOTTEN AROUND TO THAT YET,BUT I WOULD APPRECIATE HEARING IF ANY ONE ELSE IS EXPERIENCING THIS PROBLEM.
    THANKS
    JOEY000245
    Customer Service has not been a good source for answers to Technical questions or even to find out if a problem is a known problem. Their favorite answer is to see your dealer.

Right now most reading this are probably in too cold of a climate to see how their climate control functions in hot weather. Since you are in FL, an idea for you is to go to a dealer on a hot day and start up some CTS there to see if they function the same way as yours. This would not be the first auto feature on any brand, where some engineer tries to improvce something and makes it worse. It does make some sense that if the gap between the desired temp and the actual temp isn't too great, that the blower would run at less than full speed, either to reduce noise, save the blower, etc.
    Someone with an '09 please refer to my previous post and tell me if you are having a whine in first. Every other gear is quiet. I just have 600 miles on the car and I want to know if this is a characteristic of the 6 speed transmission or not. Thanks.
    I have no noise at all in my transmission....non DI, RWD.....11K on my 09
    No wine for me either (2009, Black, Std engine). I do sometimes have a faint rattle in the passenger side seat belt assembly, but otherwise, all is quiet.
    hi,
    i have an 09 cts,bought it dec 29th.08 and it has about 1200 miles on it now.
    i have no whine in first gear.it has the direct injection 3.6 engine.
    there is a rear end problem in some of the 2009,s and i think the late 2008.
    over 40 mph i was getting a pulsating feeling in my ears. i thought my dealer would think i was nuts when i told him about it.
    his reply was,"we know all about it. there is a soundproofing kit that needs to be installed around the rear end." they also re aligned the rear axle and the sound is gone.
    my only complaint is the climate control, and i am making an appointment with another dealer next week to try and resolve that problem.
    joey000245
  • ramjet22ramjet22 Member Posts: 3
    cadi put in insulater kit on my 2009 cts awd di., vibration between 40-60 mph is now gone ,dont know about higher speeds caint do in my area, ramjet 22
    Thanks for the response from you and the others. I needed to know if this was true through the line or if it were just mine. If this was just a characteristic of all of them, I was not going to pursue warranty. Now I will.
    I live in New England, so have not had a chance to use the a/c yet. Haven't noticed the blower problem with the heating system though. Also have not noticed a transmission whine in first gear.
    Posting in all caps is very hard to read. In fact, most people ignore messages in all caps, so I would be surprised if you get many answers.

My 2009 CTS climate control fan runs fast until the car approaches the set temp. Then the fan slows.
    I have 9000 miles on mine. No whine in first.
  • prophetprophet Member Posts: 72
    09 CTS - I finally found the fix for (my) creaky driver's seat. I used leather conditioner on the leather surface that mates with the vinyl trim around the perimeter of the seat & seat back - and WD-40 on the bottom vinyl seat trim "vertical seam" where the two front sections are joined together. No more creaking.

Good luck
    OK, sorry for the delay..

I tried the 60 mph test. The average mpg did say 18 to 21 mpg traveling at aprx 60 mph on a flat road. OK, well, Hmmm? I have not had a long trip with the CTS09 yet doing primary highway driving. This will be my final test.

With about 40 miles of straight highway driving the best I have been able to get is 13.3 MPG average on a tank .(203 miles to a tank of gas - 15.25 gals)

I live in the Boston area and if you've driven here, you know it can be pretty much stop and go driving. Since I have bought the car I have calculated my average mpg for a tank to be from a low of 10.9 to high of 13.3 mpg.

Well what to I do now. Live with it?
    My wife drives a 02 Jeep Cherokee Larado and appears to get the same or better city mileage. It appears other CTS owners are getting better mileage, so I just want to make sure I didn't get a :lemon: .

The sticker lists 17 MPG city. Let's say I get 12.4 MPG (conservative driving). Is this difference typical?.

Is there anything I can suggest for the dealer to check?

Do Escalade driver's get 5 MPG? ;)

I think the car is really sharp, I'm just a little bummed that it seems I bought a gas hog. ;(

-s