Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2009 CTS

12346»

Comments

• Options
    kplacerkplacer Member Posts: 97
    Last year I was car-shopping and would have bought a used 2nd-gen CTS if I could have found a nice one. I did price new '09s at the time and here in Canada a non-DI 3.6 with automatic and extra-cost paint was $47K, while it was not hard to get to $55K if you added the DI engine, sunroof and AWD. That was too rich for me.

Today one of the local GM dealers has a pair of '09s on their used lot as GM Certified used cars. The first: non-DI, RWD, only options I can see are auto trans and white diamond paint. Has 23,000 miles, black interior, asking $31K. The second, DI, AWD, sunroof, unusual blue paint I had not seen before, cashmere interior, 12,000 miles, asking $38K. Like this one a lot except for the paint color, which I am unsure about. If I had held onto my old car I probably would be driving one or the other of them today, but I cannot justify flipping my '09 Buick so soon after buying. That is a steep depreciation hit though.
  • Options
    150mphclub150mphclub Member Posts: 316
    Drove from Indy to Newark last weekend--30.7 mpg.
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    I posted this in the Lacrosse forum and thought I'd share it with CTS readers:

I just rented a 2009 Cadillac CTS 3.6V 304 hp all-wheel drive from Enterprise until Saturday (my 2011 CXS was violated in a parking garage.)

Wow! What a phenomenal car. Fast, smooth, nimble handling and the size is just right. I wish I had looked at the CTS before I bought the Lacrosse CXS because the ergonomics is just so much better in the Caddy than in the Buick. No visibility or blind spot problems and the arm- rest is perfect and soft touch. Front and rear visibility are panoramic and endless...not so for the Lacrosse as we all know. if the Lacrosse's blind spots were eliminated it would perhaps rival the CTS.

The CTS rental has no GPS but it has OnStar and XM radio. What impresses me most are the seats and driving dynamics. The seat hugs your body preventing lateral movement and driving in manumatic mode is as close to a manual as one can get. Unlike the Lacrosse that downshifts with the slightest easing off the gas pedal the CTS holds the desired gear until you depress the brakes.

Not sure what kind of engine is under the hood, but the rear decal says 3.6 and I think it is the 304 hp performance engine, nontheless, all I know is it uses regular gas. One obvious demerit though, the quality of the materials are just so-so. Hard plastics are everywhere and they seem to scoff easily.

In short, this is a great car at $34.99 per day. So my question is, how does Enterprise Rent a Car make money renting a $100/day car for $35?
  • Options
    renovater1renovater1 Member Posts: 1
    I just joined and saw your question.
    I have a "09 CTS that had a rattling noise coming from the back. After I installed a spare tire kit in the car, rattle got worse. Long story short, It turned out to be the spare tire cover (on the trunk floor). So, I put a road emergency kit on top, no more noise! Apparently, it needs some weight to hold it still.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    mws1952mws1952 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 CTSDI that not only is very sluggish when I start on a cold start but I have another issue that can't seem to be fixed. The engine noise is very loud and the dealer has had no luck in making it more quiet. The dealer has tried numerous things with no luck. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do to correct. Thanks
  • Options
    caddyhodadcaddyhodad Member Posts: 5
    I have been trying to fully decode my 2009 Cadillac VIN. The first thing I checked was the 8th character which I think is engine type. Mine is a "V" which I think is 3.6 DI. The other entry in the 8th digit is 7 which is something called "LY7" which I think is an engine classification.

Can anyone point me to a decoder for the VIN?
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    tdbmdtdbmd Member Posts: 20
    How is your mileage now? I have a '10 with the 3.6 DI and AWD and average between 22-23 on my commute which is about 70% highway/30% city. Easily over 25 on the highway alone.
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Well, tbd, it looks like you're doing your best to bring life back to these dead CTS boards. About the only ones that are still active have to do with engine failures and transmission issues. Hope you're spared.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    It does look like that, pretty quiet around here. No problems yet, but only 16k on the odometer
  • Options
    So, 27k on the clock now and still averaging about 22-23 on my daily commute which is about 70% highway. Have seen about 25 mpg on straight highway drives.