Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

GMC Envoy instrument panel problems

Comments

• jenniferl29jenniferl29 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, I have a 2005 Envoy Denali. At which, i was the very first owner AND the only driver. I have absolutely LOVED this vehicle from the very first day i purchased it :) and i have NEVER had any previous problems/issues. (I have treated this vehicle as if it were my child) :blush: . The vehicle was purchased in April 2006 with 36 miles and currently has 63,316 miles.
    Unfortunately, the warranty is currently expired.
    However, Today 8/26/2011 @ apprx 6:45am After refueling the fuel gauge began malfunctioning. It would reflect the gas level as full then go directly to empty, to include displaying the empty gas indicator light. The owners manual did address this issue and suggests to reset the fuel cap and then after a few starts it should correct itself. However, this is and was not the simple fix it appeared to be in the manual. PLEASE ADVISE if this problem has been considered a recall or if there are options available to have this problem corrected? Any assistance or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :cry::(
  • nothappy19nothappy19 Member Posts: 18
    My 2004 Envoy the lights on the steering wheel are not working. Neither is the lights on my door that shows the front windows up/down. The window lights are out on both doors. Can anyone tell me how to replace them?
  • classactnany1classactnany1 Member Posts: 1
    My vehicle has been treated with hand and glove since I purchased in 2004 for 35,000 dollars. Now warranty and MBI insurance expired and as of 83,000 miles approx, my Envoy has had a domino effect of issues and Im pissed and broke! AND GM doesnt care. I cannot believe this. They have TSB bulletins out everywhere about all of my present issues, and no recalls? Or recalls that where only open for a few months. Well I was never notified, ever.
    I dont sit around browsing gms site to see if any recalls come up on my truck,,I love my truck,, but have been in a rental again for 2 days, and still NO truck! Dealer doesnt want to help with cost as all, and states Gm doesnt help with this issue.. I have done some research and found
    People everywhere screaming and what does GM do? Nothing. I think class action sounds good. This is crazy. Who's gonna buy a car from me, with safety issues and problems thru out the entire vehicle? And new ones creaping up, one the other gets fixed. Like a bacteria!
    In the past 6 months I have had a "cluster" of issues. The IPC panel Intermittantly works - about the last 4 months or 83,000(gas gauge issues for years), Brake & tail lights replacing every week, front end clunking, windows didnt work, ac blowing hot air. Car went dead, jumped it, then a/c and windows don't work. Had Aamco change main relay that was 150.00(It fixed windows and hot AC). also had to change front bearings and suspension control arm, that was 330.00(clunking so loud and car felt out of control). Now today IPC panel out completely(ran out of gas AGAIN), also speeds 1,2,3,4 out on a/c control switch.
    Took into Cutter(ALA) here in HAwaii and they: started w Diagnostic - $130.00 firm - no budging! 6 hours after dropping off, they say can't find short so have to change the Entire cluster panel, hopefully will fix - need to order part from mainland(1 week) and to change = $500, the 2 brake/tail light balises(sp?) - need to be ordered as well & changed - $200.00 - Wheel alignment for bearings/suspension bar change out last week - $99.00 , A/C speed control part $40 dollars &$100 to change out, $595 for 90,000 service. So, where am I at with charges? Looks like 1600.00 to get my Envoy out of Dealership?? I might have to let them keep it. These are all KNOWN TSB's with Investigations attached and they are ALL - safety ISSUE's completely. This is a joke Come on GM, Help me out here!? - Caron, Christinia - I see that you are out there..?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    classactnany1,

i apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Could you please email me your VIN? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • cdunningcdunning Member Posts: 1
    WOW, I can't believe I'm reading all of this.
    My fuel sensor went out like 3 years ago. Probably around 70,000 miles on it. Luckily I've been a master and re-setting my trip odometer EVERY TIME I fill my tank up. But how obnoxious!!!!!!
    My RPM gauge has been all over the place for the past 1.5 years. Sometimes it reads 7 RPM, sometimes 2RPM, sometimes nothing. All depends on what kind of day it's having.

Oh and for those having A/C Issues (My car stalls on/off too but no one can figure out why?..great!)..But back to A/C issues. When I bought my car in 2006 with 12,000 miles, the 3rd month I had it the A/C would turn off if I turned it on level 5. I live in AZ, it was 117 last week. Luckily it was still under warranty and covered.

Here's the best part and what brings me to this forum - took my vehicle in last week to certified mechanic I use (and a lot of people throughout the valley) and he tells me that GM put out a service contract on the fuel sensor problem.
    Service Contract 10054A and to contact them so they can fix it. I called them today - it's only good for 120,000. Ummm really? I have 130,000 so therefore they won't fix it. HA HA REALLY?! This is such an obvious problem...SO obvious that they put service contracts out but FAIL TO NOTIFY ANY OF US, and this has been broke for years. SWEET, GO GM!

So I call GM Customer Service at 800-252-1112, get transferred to the Philippines where a customer service rep tells they will try and work on helping me resolve the problem. AND I have to take it to the GM dealership, pay the diagnostic fee and go from there, but she can't guarantee anything.

Hold up, back up the truck. I had my vehicle checked, computer hook up and diagnosed for FREE by 10 different certified mechanics over the past 5 years..ALL of which say - FUEL SENSOR BROKE..but they want me to pay $100 or more to get my vehicle diagnosed by a GM dealership service department before they can tell me if they will in fact fix the problem.

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
    CDunning
    edited September 2011
    cdunning,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Do you have your case number? Will you please send me your VIN? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • thendricks23thendricks23 Member Posts: 1
    I am so over these problems with my 2005 Envoy...LOADED...$45,000 and $9,000 in repairs over the last 2 years. This Fuel guage problem I have had for a year and a half and I reset my tripmeter every fillup...It is ridiculous...FUEL SENSOR cannot be replaced without replacing the entire fuel pump..GM price $900......CRAZY...Now I have my check engine light come on every 3 days...go off and come back on. When it is checked they say it says the oil pressure was low...I check the guages all the time while driving as I have become very nervous driving into manhattan and breaking down, NO OIL pressure fluctuation that I have seen. The mechanic I use for oil changes says it is probably just a short...a short??? a $450 short!!!!! I think we should all find a good class action lawyer and sue GM....I love GM and CHEVY and have been loyal all my life but this car takes the cake...an expensive lemon. Everything seems to have been planned to work until the warranty then Fizzle....
  • floridasbestfloridasbest Member Posts: 6
    I got a letter from gm today saying they will cover fifty percent of the cost of repairs. I guess thats better than nothing!!!!!!
    thendricks23,

i apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Are you working with a GM dealership or an independent mechanic?

Thank you,
  • mikeriismikeriis Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 GMC Envoy and have the exact opposite opinion of my vehicle than the previous person. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. I bought it in January 2011 with 62000 miles on it and it could be the worst vehicle I have ever bought. The entire instrument cluster doesn't work, and the gas gauge is also not functioning properly. Is there anything on this vehicle that is still covered? This experience has convinced me that I will never purchase another domestic vehicle again. There is no possible way on earth I will ever buy a Gm vehicle again.
    mikeriis,

Could you please email us your VIN and current mileage? We would like to look further into your situation.

You can get my email by clicking on gmcustsvc.

Thank you,
  • rayhitchrayhitch Member Posts: 6
    My understanding is that low mileage vehicles may be covered completely. Higher mileage vehicles up to 120,000 miles are paid 50% at dealership rates, according to a letter I got yesterday from GM. Also, on 9/10 a newspaper article says the fed is looking into the problem because it affects 3/4 million vehicles. Good luck.
  • mistery700mistery700 Member Posts: 1
    I really really wanted my 2007 envoy. I bought it with 74,000 miles on it and expected to keep it until it reached at least 150,000. It's now got 93,000 on it and it's falling apart. :( Now I've changed my mind! Ive had to replace the water pump, my gas gauge no longer works, my check engine light stays on, my idle air sensor is going out, the "stabilitrack" light comes on everytime it rains, the car rides rough now, and it does a little shake/shimmy when I have to sit at a stop light. And today I was leaving work to go to lunch and it didn't want to start. I'm not a happy camper. I was thinking of trading in for another altima.
    mistery700,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle? Were you planning on taking the vehicle in to your GM dealership to be diagnosed? Could you please email me your VIN; I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • islander18islander18 Member Posts: 1
    Well, we've owned the 2005 Envoy since new and now it seems to be falling apart. The gauge cluster has worked sporadically over the last 15,000 miles and we've contacted our GMC dealer to repair it but never got a call back. The temp gauge measures wherever it wants to and we have to track the mileage on the tank to know if it's running low on fuel. Now, the engine quits at stoplights/stop signs and my wife is getting frustrated. If changing the fuel filter doesn't fix the problem then I'm taking it straight to Carmax and getting rid of the dang thing. What sucks the most is that we just paid the dang thing off and I was really looking forward to not having a payment!
    islander18,

Could you please email me your VIN and current mileage? I would like to look further into your situation.

Thank you,
  • frustratedwgmcfrustratedwgmc Member Posts: 1
    I thought I was the only one. My fuel gauge sensor went out about a year and a half ago, luckily I have OnStar for all the times I ran out of gas. My fan for my AC/Heat also does not work when I put it on 5. Then I get a letter last week explaining about the defective fuel gauge sensors, but they want the consumer to pay half. This is a recession I can't afford that especially at the dealership.

I have been a loyal Chevy/GMC customer for over 13 years, but now my loyalty is in jeopardy because of the inferior product that is being produced. I am still a fan of the Chevy/GMC products made prior to 1995 , but hopefully something can be done to restore my faith in the newer products.
    frustratedwgmc,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing. I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to start the process I will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN, current mileage and the involved dealership sent to me in an email. Also, could you please include your screen name used on the forum?

Thank you,
  • asmybb66asmybb66 Member Posts: 9
    You got a letter regarding the fuel guage? Did it come from the dealership or GM?? I have been complaining to GM and many other sources regarding this.
  • kencrosby69kencrosby69 Member Posts: 3
    I have a 2005 GMC Envoy that I bought with 46K miles on it. 5 weeks after I bought it the gas guage went out, and I've been using the odometer as a gas guage ever since. The Envoy now has 108K miles on it. I've yet to get any response from GM customer service. I also just spent a ton getting the passenger side window switch diagnosed and repaired.
    kencrosby69,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please email me your VIN? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • newgmcownernewgmcowner Member Posts: 1
    I recently purchased a used 2004 Envoy. The first week was Great, as the vechicle runs and drives smooth. 1 week to the day all of the guages including RPM, speedometer, gas, oil pressure, and temp guage all stop registering reading. Then 2 days later the lights blinked and they all came back on. They registered great for another week, then while driving I noticed that they all were not moving, just locked in position. What is the best course of action: contact GMC directly or a dealer? Thanks
  • jgelpi16jgelpi16 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 GMC Envoy SLT with 120k miles. The instrument cluster display/information area blinks in and out....Most of the time out. I have removed the cluster and ensured there is a solid connection. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone know the solution? I would rather avoid purchasing a new cluster.
  • mollywogmollywog Member Posts: 1
    I got a letter stating they will only pay 50% as well. My car is a 2005 GMC Envoy with around 80,000 miles. I think I will just trade this thing in. I am not paying $900 to fix a car that is 6 years old with a problem that GMC recognizes throughout the line. They know there is a problem and they should pay to fix it. Lesson learned, do not buy GMC. Time to try foreign!
  • jade1104jade1104 Member Posts: 1
    I received a letter from GMC where they are aware that the fuel level sensor may wear prematurely. Hmmm seems like that is a problem and their solution to fix it is offering you 50% reimbursement. I have a 2005 GMC Envoy with about 68,450 miles on it and I have to rely on my trusty trip odometer. Luckily I have not been stranded but I have not taken it on long trips just local places. Wish GMC will replace the fuel level sensors since it is stated "may wear prematurely". *sigh*
  • chelios7chelios7 Member Posts: 3
    I'm disgusted with GM's customer service and their "courtesy" to pay 50% of the repairs. I too received this same letter. I have been dealing with this issue for 3 years, I own a 2005 GMC Envoy with about 120,000 miles now on it but it had about 75000 when it first started happening.

Nice to know that GM will install FAULTY equipment into their cars yet will not pay 100% to fix the issue. Good to know this is the type of company I purchased from, now I never know to make that same mistake twice. Funny thing is we were shopping for a new car for my wife and her first choice is the Acadia. Well, you can forget that from happening.

I have spent probably 5+ hours trying to resolve this issue with GM in the past week. Spoke with Tracy, Kat and was promised a call from "Oscar" who never seems to be around when I call there or when he calls me he only calls my home number during the day and not my cell # which I have given them every time I have spoke with someone. When I asked Kat (a supervisor) who I could mail a letter to to explain my disgust with my treatment, she send to, I quote "Address it to whoeven I want." She was the rudest of them all, wouldn't even respond to me when I was asking questions.

I am told the 50% is only a "courtesy" despite them admitting in the letter the sensor will wear prematurely (admitting it's faulty and won't fix it??).
    I am spreading the word far and wide on what you can expect from GM if you buy one of their cars. They've lost me and my family and I hope I can prevent many others from making this same mistake.

I am writing up a letter to Jim Moloney, Dan Ackerson (CEO) as well as the dealership I purchased it from to let them all know the type of "service" they are providing their customers. I encourage everyone suffering from this same issue to do the same. Too bad, I like the Envoy quite a bit otherwise.
  • frankie62frankie62 Member Posts: 21
    I keep reading how Envoy owners are receiving letters from GMC and I have yet to receive one. I own a 2003 Envoy and like everyone else I've had instrument cluster problems which started Aug 2010 or so. Who do I contact to get that letter ?
  • christinekrchristinekr Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2005 Envoy XL that I bought brand new from the dealer. It has never been serviced by anyone but the dealer and I have been relatively happy with it. Until recently. My fuel gauge stopped working and now I have to use my odometer to determine when I need gas. Unfortunately this does not always work and I found myself a on the side of the road out of gas. I was thrilled to receive the letter saying that GMC realized this was a faulty piece of equipment that "wears prematurely" I am NOT thrilled that they will only compensate me for 50% of the replacement of their faulty part. Can you please explain to me why this isn't being covered 100% this seems to be a driving hazzard to me and should be replaced at 100%
  • chelios7chelios7 Member Posts: 3
    That's a great question. Every person at GM's Customer Assistance Center has been adamant with me that the 50% is a "courtesy" only. Interesting to me that have made this such a focal point. My belief is because they do not want to issue a full recall and are trying to buy us off with this pathetic "courtesy". In the letter they admit it wears out prematurely. To me that's an obvious admittal of installing a faulty part. They don't want to do the right thing here, so do yourself a favor and boycott GM.
    chelios7,
    I apologize for your frustrations with this customer satisfaction program. We seen many people were having these concerns, which were outside of warranty, and are offing assistance. I apologize you are unhappy with this resolution.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • dejegj01dejegj01 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2003 Envoy and my speedometer vibrates and sticks all the time now. If I turn off the engine and turn it back on the speedometer resets but sticks after 5-10 minutes of driving. I have seen many posts regarding the same issue and I am not going to pay $500-700 for repairs. Could there be anything that GM would offer me or any suggestions that others may have that could potentially fix this issue?
  • sbaynesbayne Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2011
    Several places will repair your cluster for about $100---here is one

http://www.autoxpresstech.com/index.php?p=1_14_Chevy-GMC-Cluster-Repair
  • sonnyazsonnyaz Member Posts: 3
    After reading all of this, makes me wish I didnt buy another GM. We owned a Suburban for many years, and put a ton of money in for repairs. We now own a 2006 Envoy Denali and are now seeing the same prob's as everyone else I see.
    I only wanted to see if I can troubleshoot the fuel gauge problem, and now see that this is a huge probelm with these vehicles. Now that I too am over 120,000 it looks as though we are screwed once again by GM!
    We also are now experiencing the same idle prob's as all these I am reading. Looks like I better trade this thing in before I end up coughing up Thousands of dollars for something GM knew about and tells no one!
    As I explained to my wife, I want very much to support the American car companies, but this is BS...again, and again, the same old issues...
    Before I do this however, I have good Cousel I will talk to. GM obviously knew this issue was there, yet says or does nothing.
    sonnyaz,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please email me your VIN and contact information? I look forward to hearing from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • sonnyazsonnyaz Member Posts: 3
    Christina, I appreciate your response and sorry it took so long for my reply. I am just a little frustrated...We love our truck (SUV), but the last thing I need is prob's....

Anyway, I do not have your email to send you the info you requested. Please let me know what that might be.
  • parisstudioparisstudio Member Posts: 2
    Gm wont do anything except charge you $100 for diagnostics and $500 for repair. I had mine repaired for $180 and it was back on my truck in a week. Its easy to take out and put back in, email me for the companies info.
  • lorigollorigol Member Posts: 1
    I too received the letter from GM about paying for 1/2 of the charge, the problem is the only light that stays on is the " check engine soon" not the "low fuel" that is listed in this letter. I took it to a mechanic before I knew of the letter and he knew about this problem, from his buddies at GM and said it would be around $ 600.00 at least, I have already paid $ 500.00 for a new odometer. I can't believe they acknowledged the problem, but are only willing to pay half ! My next vehicle will not be a GM that's for sure !
    sonnyaz,
    Just click on my user name and my email is listed. I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • mmnorlockmmnorlock Member Posts: 3
    I have had the same problem for years with my 2005 Envoy. The instrument lights blink in and out. There have even been times when the headlights blink for no known reason. Scary stuff!
    The instrument lights blink in and out on my 2005 Envoy. There have even been times when the headlights blink for no known reason. Scary stuff!
    And now the problems with the gas gauge and check engine light. My husband was laid off from his job and we can't even afford the 1/2 that GM is offering to fix the thing.
    I also have a 1994 GMC HD3500 that has a known issue with the glow plugs.... Going back to Ford next time we buy a vehicle!
  • nothappy19nothappy19 Member Posts: 18
    I have been on this post since 2006. yep i still have the piece of junk,,, my headlight/dash lights started the electrical thing a couple of years ago, have taken it in several times, geez' they can't find anything wrong, nor (of course) will it happen when someone is with me or you want it to....
    They can't find anything wrong? Seriously!? That is such nonsense when there are LOTS of vehicles having the same problem. :mad:
    I am sorry to hear about your concern. Have you spoke with customer assistance? I would recommend contacting Christina by email for further assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
    mmnorlock,

I apologize for the problems with your vehicle. We would be happy to assist in setting up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to start the process we will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN, current mileage and the involved dealership sent to me in an email addressed to Christina. Also, could you please provide a description of the problems you are experiencing?

Thank you,
    I am sorry to hear about your concern, We would like to look into this for you. In order to do further research we will need your name, address, phone number, VIN, current mileage, and dealer name sent to Christina by email. Thank you in advance and we look forward to hearing from you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.
  • sunshine007sunshine007 Member Posts: 2
    I am like so many others here! Fed up! NEVER, EVER will I buy another GM product. I will go back to the Toyota! I bought my Envoy new also. At about 70k the fuel gauge issue came up. I tried to hold out for a recall, wrote letters to GM etc. After leaving me side of a busy interstate with my 3 month old grandson in the back seat, I got it fixed. I took it to the dealer only to find out it could cost almost a grand to fix it. Instead I took it to a private garage. The gas gauge and the check engine light stayed on. He told me he had fixed MANY GM products with the same problem. The check engine light came back on to stay shortly after that repair which costs around 500 bucks. Then the truck began almost shutting off in traffic. Took it to the local Toyota dealership who has a mechanic trained with GM (they used to be the GM dealer. The mechanic stated it needed a WATER pump. This was a pretty expensive repair. He said this was the reason the check engine light was on. Drove it for about 25 miles and the check engine light came back on! Then this summer the AC fan would quit off and on. We had a problem with the fan coming on when the truck was new and under warranty. Of course they never could find a problem at the GM dealer with it!! We made it through the summer with out having that repaired. My husband has been diagnosed with cancer so our resources are stretched to put it mildly! Now that the cooler weather is here and we are using the heat a bit, the darn fan motor WILL NOT go OFF, even when the truck is switched OFF. We had to replace a battery recently that was only a year old... so now we know it was probably due to this fan staying on! My husband just jumped it off but the fan will not go off so it will be dead again. I have the rag paid for now, though little good it does me! It only has like 103k miles on it. Guess it is a throw away car at 100k miles!!!

Has anyone else had these fan issues??? I am lost as to what to do now! I can't sell it like this and if I trade it , I won't get squat for it! I really can't afford a car payment now anyway. Guess I will buy me a few mules to hitch it to!!
  • pocketpocket Member Posts: 29
    GMC did do a recall on the instrument panel. However it is mileage related I am pretty sure that they will fix your vehicle on a 50/50 basis, however do not hold me to this. In this forum you can get an e-mail address for gm customer service by clicking on their name. They will want you to take it to a GM certified mechanic to have it properly diagnosed which will cost you between $60-$150 depending on the dealer. Then they will send you an e-mail saying that they are sorry for the problems you are having, and offer to open up a case number for you if you will send them the mileage, the serial number and a some more information. All of this is just more lip service from GM. You can do what I did, and that is paint a big LEMON on the side of the truck and then in letters say THANK YOU for bailing out GM. I have been a loyal GM owner for over 40 years, and I am done with them. As soon as I can I am getting rid of both of my GM P's.O.S. and either going to Ford, or Toyota. Good luck. Do yourself a favor, and read some of the past posts on here, and you will see you are not alone. Then send a complaint to the ntsb at safercar.gov. Maybe we can either get GM to admit to their problem and help us out, or at least start an investigation into their production practices. Either way if you need further information, and I can help, Post a message in here, and I will get back to you. I am monitoring this site, and saving ALL e-mails about this subject to send to a legal dept. Hopefully they will see fit to force GM to do the right thing. :lemon:
  • sunshine007sunshine007 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks ! I am in agreement with you. I did send GM a letter early on about the fuel gauge. I took it in to my local dealer when it quit working and he told me to diagnose it would cost about what you said plus of course parts and labor.. I will send in a complaint to the ntsb safercar.gov as you suggest. I believe in writing letters. I HATE to take this laying down. This truck costs over 30 K new after negotiations!! What a rip off! The truck has a good ride though I always wondered what degree the engineer had that put the cup holder in a place it can not be accessed when it goes in park!! My husband said we need to sell it and see what we can get for it..but honestly..I can't do that to anyone. Not a friend or a stranger! I know I would not get anything for it in trade..cause smart people KNOW that all the dealer ever does it take your car and mark up the price of what you are buying. Yet the transmission is making funny noises now when it changes (or something is) the motor vibrates when it is idling, it idles rough most of the time... just don't know. I had all the goodies on it when I bought it. I thought it was my dream vehicle but it has turned out to be a nightmare instead!! Thanks for the sympathy and empathy though!! We got to stick together!
  • pocketpocket Member Posts: 29
    Amen to that. We do need to stick together. I refuse to unload this P.O.S. on anyone. I will run it until it falls apart, and then replace it. If it were in my power to do so, GM would be out of business tomorrow. But since it is not, I will do the next best thing, and warn my friends and family of the perils of buying a GM product. My sympathy and prayers are with you and your family as you go through the hardships that I can only imagine. God bless, and remember if I can be of assistance, let me know.
  • alihsalihs Member Posts: 5
    I have a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV and of course have the same problems as yall. My instrument panel went out and the dealership wants to charge $150 just to tell me it doesnt work...they also said that no one can fix it but them bc they have to put in some codes

About 3yrs ago my tailgate window stopped working at that time I was under warranty so they fixed it...well it went out again last year and I had to pay $400 to get it fixed..well guess what...the tailgate doesnt work now and they want to charge me $150 just to look at it and also told me that the warranty for that fix is up so I will have to pay to get it fixed

Now my driver window doesnt work...THIS WAS THE WORST PURCHASE I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE and GMC doesnt want to do anything about it