Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Outlander vs Endeavor

bcisland1bcisland1 Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Mitsubishi
So, if you could buy a used 2007 Outlander or a used 2007 Endeavor each with less than 20000 km for the same price which would you buy? Is there a reason you'd choose the Outlander over the Endeavor? There are some great deals on Endeavors here right now (brought to Canada from the States) but not such great deals on the Outlander.

Comments

• mikevegas06mikevegas06 Member Posts: 272
    Hmm. I guess it depends on your priorities. The Outlander is smaller, has better fuel economy, and has greater seating capacity. The Endeavor is bigger, seats only five, but does have a bigger cargo hold. There's a tool at the US Mitsu site that lets you compare the vehicles. And, I know. I didn't really answer your question ;)
  • shadowtraxshadowtrax Member Posts: 8
    Good question - I had the same question. My wife and I went and test drove both the Outlander and the Endeavor several times at two different dealerships, and I drove a used Endeavor from a private party. There are things I liked and disliked about both (obviously). I liked the updated interior of the Oultander, the ability to switch from FWD to AWD, and the better gas mileage. And I really liked the Audio/Nav integrated system as well as the paddle-shifts of the Outlander. BUT.... the Endeavor definately had a better/smoother ride and rode better over rough roads/potholes, the cabin was more spacious, and the cargo area is larger. The back liftgate window can open separately which is useful. Ultimately, one set of our parents went with us to sit in the back - since all four of us would go places from time to time - and trips to the ski slopes, and everyone agreed (we drove they sat in back, they drove, we sat in back) that the Endeavor was much more comfortable for a family of 4 or 5 - I Don't care about the 5th row seat in the Outlander - it's USELESS!, AND the regular back seat is not as comfortable or spacious. We could also get in/out of the Endeavor easier. Anyway, the deal sealer was after the second test drive in both vehicles the wife clearly liked the Endeavor better than the Outlander for many reasons - she even commented that the Outlander felt and looked like a "teenager vehicle" - hmmm, not sure about that, but maybe others think that as well... We really enjoy our Endeavor, and have used it in 5-6 snow storms and it does well (stock tires are undesireable). Either way, you can't go wrong with either vehicle - both are nice and have a great warranty. Good luck! :)
  • budsvtecbudsvtec Member Posts: 1
    My wife and I recently bought a left over 07 Endeavor. We went to the dealer to purchase the outlander, but after driving the endeavor decided against the outlander. We love the Endeavor. It is big, roomy, drives amazing, and is comfortable. The $5000 in rebates we got were great too
This discussion has been closed.