Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005 Subaru Impreza RS Wagon

sdunnsdunn Member Posts: 6
edited March 2014 in Subaru
Hi-

I have a 2005 Impreza 2.5 RS Wagon (not WRX) and was wondering what grade of gas to use? Will it adversely affect the vehicle to use 87 octane?

Thanks,
Seth

Comments

• Options
    rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    87 octane is exactly what the car takes.

Bob
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Yup what bob said, anything more is a waste of $.

-mike
  • Options
    b10609b10609 Member Posts: 37
    Just looked at and drove my daughter's 2005 RS because these lights are both on. The cruise light is flashing and the check light is on. Tightened the gas cap as per manual but does anyone know what the cruise light is all about ? Manual says take to dealer for examination but in the meantime has anyone heard of this with their Subaru ? - Waterloo Guy
  • Options
    If it is the gas cap it will take about 2 or 3 days to reset itself.

As for the cruise/cel light, the cruise light will malfunction whenever the CEL light is on, that's normal.

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
  • Options
    b10609b10609 Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for your observation, Paisan. Dealer check was done and it turns out scan code # P0 2O97 showed the air/fuel sensor was defective. They reprogramed the ECM after the sensor was installed and car runs fine now. The Subaru factory warranty covered everything with no charge. My daughter is a happy camper again. -Waterloo Guy
  • Options
    Excellent! Glad to hear it worked out for you.

-mike
    Motorsports and Modifications Host
This discussion has been closed.