Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Enclave Leaks When It Rains

124»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    Hi verysad45,

I am sorry to hear of your issue. I would like to look into it for you. Can you send me an email with the specifics of your issue and your full name, address, phone number, Vehicle Identification number, and approximate mileage on your vehicle please? My email address is [email protected] "attn Crystal" in the subject line. Look forward to hearing from you:-)

Crystal L. - GM Customer Care
  • agulianaaguliana Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2013
    I bought my wife a very clean 2008 Enclave from an old man. He said the car never seen snow, barley rain, flawless body with a few door dings. it was garage kept, and every dealer maintenance done. I verified the maintenance history with a carfax, called the dealer, and took it to a expert body shop to verify that the car was never hit. I agreed to buy the car if he would pay for the door ding repairs $325.00. I also keep the car in the garage and my wife uses to to take the kids to school and grocery shopping. We put around 5000 miles in 7 months, and I think because we had to show it to our friends how much we like it. Now the issue, during a shopping visit the car was in a parking lot for about 2hours when it rained, over the next few days the car started acting funny radio stayed on, engine running after you turn off the engine for a few seconds, and the battery died, I took it to a shop and they saw water under the passenger carpet. I thought maybe we left the windows opened a bit and it was a careless mistake, the next rain, the car was outside it happened again and it did not even rain hard. I took it back to my mechanics and he lifted the carpets dried the inside and tried to find possible leaks areas. Now again a rain in Chicago and the car was only out to pick up the kids from school and it is soaked, my mechanics are telling me your lucky your computers are not burning up and this needs to get fixed or you can pick up mold or other issues. The car is out of warranty and nobody every seen this issue before, I came across this forum and started to freak out. I don't know what to do and requesting HELP.......

:sick:
  • billyb03billyb03 Member Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue with my '07 Acadia, leaking sun roof. Every time it rains, I have standing water in the car. The worst thing is that it also leaks into an electrical box under the hood which shorts out the electrical system. when this happens, the car will not start, none of the electrical systems work and...the battery has to be replaced. 3 times in the last year and a half I have had to replace the battery. When I contacted GMC Customer Service, I was told that in many areas of the USA, the GMC product was not designed to be left outside. Funny, the dealer failed to mention that. I have been back to the dealer three times and now have had to take it back for the 4th time. that is twice I have had to have it towed.
  • leakybuickleakybuick Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone got the sunroof leaks repaired? I just purchased a 2008 enclave and have had it to the dealer to be fixed 2 times, each time they said it was fixed. They said they could not get it to leak after one hour of water on the top of the sunroof. Each time I got it back I got it to leak within seconds. Now the car started on fire, with smoke coming out of the sunroof. We had to disconnect the battery to stop it from burning up. The are now towing it back to the dealer again.
    They replaced the seal the first time - no luck. They sealed up 4 small holes in the sunroof glass - that they said was a manufacture defect - no luck. How can they fix the problem?
  • james252james252 Member Posts: 3
    I just really don't think the dealer can fix these. My dealer's service department tried everything and our leaks were causing us serious electrical problems like yours. In fact it left us stranded in another state in the middle of vacation. GM ended up giving us some credit toward the purchase of a 2012 along with good financing. We love our 2012 but it makes us sick that we know they sold the 2008 to someone else and it will forever be a problem. I am sure GM has a formula for exactly how many people have to be hurt, sustain losses etc in order for a recall to be appropriate and apparently this has not hit that threshhold. Shame.
  • amyr1216amyr1216 Member Posts: 6
    Same thing happened to mine. It took 4 visits to correct the issue! They ended up replacing the entire sunroof kit. It was a defect from the mfg that they left out some seals within the kit. Buick owes us lots for having to deal with that leaking mess. Mine hasn't leaked since and I love it but I owe it to Fikes Chevrolet in Hamilton Al for finding the issue! Hope you get yours fixed soon!
  • red08enclavered08enclave Member Posts: 1
    Sorry this is so long, but I finally got my roof leak fixed. Hopefully, this information will help someone.
    Our 2008 Buick Enclave developed a roof leak before the manufacturer’s bumper-to-bumper warranty expired. We took our Enclave to dealer A three times but the roof leak continued. I got in email contact with someone via [email protected] regarding this problem. Per their recommendation, we took our Enclave to dealer B. After multiple visits to dealer B and spending over $300.00 in repairs, our Enclave was still leaking. During these visits, I was in constant contact via email with Buick. My case was “escalated” by Buick; I received a case #, and was contacted by phone from someone from Buick. Per their recommendation, I continued to take our Enclave to Dealer B for repairs. After I picked up our Enclave from the fourth visit to Dealer B, I was assured that the roof leak was repaired. As I drove out of the dealership, water began streaming out of the rear roof lights onto the 3rd row seats. I immediately returned to the dealer to show them the leaking. During these multiple visits to Dealer B, I was assured by Buick that I would be compensated for my aggravation once our Enclave was repaired. After this seventh visit, I was told by Buick that I would be given another option to deal with this problem. Buick would give us a $3000.00 credit towards the purchase of a new GM vehicle. I was told that I would make my best deal trading in our Enclave for a new GM vehicle and then present the dealer with the $3000 credit. My wife and I felt uncomfortable trading in our Enclave with this problem (and just passing it on to someone else). In addition, we did not want to spend ~$20K to purchase a new vehicle. Following this 7th visit, my wife and I spent several hours on a weekend trying to find the leak. We did find that water was leaking from the seal around the fixed sunroof over the 2nd row of seats. I returned the Enclave to Dealer B for the fifth time and showed them where the water was leaking in. This time, the dealer had our Enclave for a week, with their solution to the problem being the application of a lot of silicone caulking in the grove around fixed sunroof. This appears to have fixed our problem. I talked to Buick about being compensated for the total of $400 we spend on unnecessary repairs and the time and aggravation my wife and I spent taking our Enclave to a dealer 8 total times. Buick’s response was to give us 2 year’s worth of free oil changes. A couple of things to take away from this:
    • Buick really has no interest in helping, whether it is from their socialmedia@gm emails or phone calls from their escalated support. I spent $400 for repairs for a problem that initially occurred when our Enclave was still covered by the factory warranty.
    • Even if they promise to compensate you for your aggravation, their best effort is truly an insult.
    • It is unfathomably to us that Buick would consider it acceptable to have us trade in our Enclave when they know it has this problem.
    • After eight trips to a dealer to fix this problem, my wife and I had to find the source of the problem. The dealer’s repair is just a band-aid; the design of the sunroof is faulty and apparently cannot be fixed any other way.
    • I have seen a lot of other Enclave, Arcadia, and Traverse owners with this same problem. If one hasn’t already been started, it seems that this is definitely worth a class-action lawsuit.
    Hi, I just read your above message and thank you for posting it. I picked up my 2008 enclave today.(see the above post regarding the fire and repairs) This is my 7th trip to try and get the leak fixed. The dealership now said that they will not longer fix the leak, and they have done everything possible. It still leaks and you can still see it coming in the sunroof. GM said they will not replace the sunroof, the dealership asked to do this. The dealership claims that the "sunroof is designed to leak" and there is paperwork to back this up and they have email GM with the paperwork. I would like to meet someone that would buy a vehicle with a sunroof designed to leak. If the drains get clogged (possible by leaves, needles, and bugs when you leave it open) then it will filled up the headliner, the lights, the fan blower, the speaker and the side airbags. GM knows that this problem exists and knows that a recall will cost them too much. I think they need a class action lawsuit instead. If anyone knows of a lawyer that will take them one, please email, as I will help get more people to join. My email is [email protected] Thanks Carol
  • buick57buick57 Member Posts: 1
    I also have a 2008 Buick Enclave that leaks. For those that are old enough the AMC Pacer was known as the aquarium,because of its looks . My Buick is also known as the aquarium, but that's only because of the swishing sound it makes when the roof is full of water. I'd like to hear from Crystal L. as to what to solution is.There are thousands of people with the same problem., and all I want to do is fix it once and for all. I think Buick Enclave owners should band together and file a Class action suit. I can't re-sell my truck with this condition.
  • verysad45verysad45 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2013
    My garage told me my sunroof gets clogged from leaves, well I haven't been opening my sunroof this year and it hasn't leaked bad..I went to the lemonlaw lawyers and Gm would not do anything and they dropped my case. They did not think it would win in court. I would love to file a class action suit against GM. I am going to research and find a way..we must all keep in touch.
    Lori :mad:
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Crystal,
    I am sending you an email with the info you requested. 5/27/2013
    verysad45

I tried your email and it is not valid.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The @ sign here is masked to try to foil spammers and spambots. Try trying the email address out "manually".
  • amyr1216amyr1216 Member Posts: 6
    I had the same issue with my 2009... There was a seal missing from the mfg. the 2008 has a recall bc the drain tubes disconnect bc they were too short....make sure the dealer checks this out. GM took care of mine buti had to stay after them about and it took 4 visits to get it done!
    I want to add to my above post. My 2008 enclave is still under warranty (I received a three month warranty when I purchased it). The dealship said that they will no longer try to fix the leak, as I posted above. The said that they would silicone it shut and take the fuse out so no one could open it. This would also not allow me to open the moon roof shade also. The sun roof option to purchase it with the car is approximately $1600.00 and tax. I think if GM is not willing to replace the sunroof, then there should refund the money for that option and then I might let them silicone it shut. I hope this helps other people choice not to purchase GM cars, as they do not even honour their warranties.
  • meganv1meganv1 Member Posts: 3
    My 2008 Buick Enclave has started leaking from the sunroof...can't even leave it outside in the rain or the inside of my car will be soaked. Apparently it was eligible to be fixed in a recall, but the recall expired back in 2009, before I owned the car. Now the dealer says they can fix it, but GM will only contributed $145 towards the repair cost.

I don't understand how GM can admit to faulty equipment (hence the recall), and then put an expiration date on fixing it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to escalate this with GM?
  • brunolbrunol Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I have a 2008 Buick enclave and it is leaking a lot from the sunroof, I have a appointment with the dealership tomorrow morning, is there any recall or GM reference about the sunroof that I should discuss with the dealer, my car is out of warranty
    Good luck - I had the same problem and had mine fixed this week. GM only paid $145 towards the $545 repair cost. I'd love to hear how it turns out for you. There was a recall, but it expired in 2009, which is ridiculous.
    My 2008 Buick Enclave has started leaking from the sunroof...can't even leave it outside in the rain or the inside of my car will be soaked. Apparently it was eligible to be fixed in a recall, but the recall expired back in 2009, before I owned the car. Now the dealer says they can fix it, but GM will only contributed $145 towards the repair cost.

I don't understand how GM can admit to faulty equipment (hence the recall), and then put an expiration date on fixing it. Does anyone have suggestions on how to escalate this with GM?
  • jessryanjessryan Member Posts: 1
    I need to start out by saying we are loyal GM supporters and have been for years. So when we were in the market for a new vehicle there was no hestitation it would be a GM product. However, after the response to our problem I would hesitate a second time. I have read many messages about the sunroof leaks and I have to say that the 2009 leaks also. We had our enclave twice to the dealership and they finally found the source. The technician verbalized that it was a factory problem. The robot that sealed the moon roof and sun roof missed two areas and did not properly seal them. We keep our enclave in the garage so we did not have a problem until recently, after the warranty expired. The bill was $154. I have been dealing with GM about the bill. Even though they acknowledge that this is a factory mistake they refuse to reimburse us the money. They gave us two options. A $500 credit toward a new enclave, which we are not in the market for, or $100 dollars towards the next service needed, but it expires in one year. I asked for an explanation why they could not reimburse us since it was a factory mistake and they just kept saying the warranty expired and they were sorry. I have to say $154 may not be a lot of money to a large company like GM, but for us it is. I understand that the warranty expired, but it is still their mistake. It came from the their factory in this condition and they acknowledged liability, but still refuse to reimburse the full amount. I am very disappointed in GM and the response they have given. Does anyone have any suggestions? I thought about contacting the better business bureau...
  • cpgeorge222cpgeorge222 Member Posts: 1
    Hello. I have a 2008 enclave that I bought used in 2010. I started having the leaking issues about 8 months ago, and they have escalated greatly in the past 2 months! My enclave has 98,000 miles on it and I can't imagine being able to trade it in for another vehicle. What are we supposed to do?? :cry:
  • sbayousbayou Member Posts: 1
    ">Symptoms: My 2009 Buick Enclave had wet floors after a rain on the passenger side. It was hard to say where the water was coming from as the water dripped a ways before exposing itself, turned out the sunroof was leaking. This could cause flood damage, mold, fill my interior fuse panel with water and/or fill plastic cover to blower motor and ruin it.

Solution: I manually reconnected an adapter between sunroof housing and drainage tube that had become disconnected, then zip tied each end really snug (you could use a hose clamp if so inclined, but I felt zip tie would hold) then I used RTV Silicone Sealant all around it because I had a tube laying around

Instructions on How to DIY Fix at home:
    Where is the water coming from? I used a controlled water hose to spray water on specific areas until I reproduced the problem. I saw as water filled the sunroof bowl, a drip would begin at passenger side feet area.: The sunroof has a bowl meant to collect water and drain it through a tube to below the car. This bowl has two drain holes, one drains thru a tube down driver side, the other drains down passenger side behind panel either side of front windshield. --pic shows drain hole in sunroof bowl in the corner lit by flashlight , it should be clear of debris--
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/351696o.jpg[/IMG]

PROPER TEST: Take a bowl of water up a ladder with your moonroof full open, fill the moonroof bowl with water. If hole pictured above is not clogged water will either drain into your car or down by the tire as it should. If it does not drain, it is clogged. If anyone ever tries and use pressurized air through the drain hole they risk popping the drain tube out unless it is secured with a hose clamp.

This job requires you to remove some interior trim to expose the adapter tube that needs reconnecting.

I first removed interior trim to expose the tube and turns out the tube was completely disconnected. My leak was on passenger side, I had to remove the two bolts that hold the "hand grip" on panel that goes from headliner to dash. I had to use a thin flathead screwdriver to pop out the little plastic covers that give you access to the two bolts that hold the panel secure. Feel free to pop it with force as they will pop right back in later. The panel then pulls right out.
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/wf4m.jpg[/IMG]

Next, I had to remove passenger side sunshade/mirror. A regular allen wrench actually removed the three screws just fine and did not need 6 point allen wrench. --see pic of sunshade disconnected--
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/98swms.jpg[/IMG]

Now it gets real easy, you need to pull the headliner down just enough in that corner to expose the problem. I pulled down the headliner to expose the tube and rubber green adapter that, to my amazement, was NOT connected as it should have been. No wonder, ALL water poured into sunroof was going straight into car wherever gravity led it.
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2rmwkcn.jpg[/IMG]
    There's your problem RIGHT THERE --->
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2v1qk3a.jpg[/IMG]

Next is zip tie it or hose clamp it, I sealed it with silicone also for kicks. Also, I sprayed a little solution of chlorine and water to kill a little mold I saw. Then put it all back together.

I poured water in the sunroof bowl and verified it no longer dripped in the car and was able to see the water fall as it should by the front wheel.

Final Thoughts:
    1. I drilled two holes in the cover of my blower motor in case water ever dripped there it would not ruin it. Mine was fine, but this has been an issue for others. (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnyKJlHusxI )
    2. If water had been leaking through backseat sunroof, I would just take RTV Silicone Sealant, a ladder, and then fill that whole seam with silicone from the roof. Easy fix, perfect cosmetic, only a bird landing on the roof could ever notice you had an awesome seal there.
    3. Where else could the water come from? Doubt there are too many other spots. I have heard below the front windshield and in the engine compartment, but doubt it.
  • richardurichardu Member Posts: 1
    I am active duty military and my wife purchased a used 2008 Buick Enclave in 2011 while I was on deployment. I strongly encouraged her to avoid GM products, based on GM's general reputation, but she ignored my advice because she thought the Enclave was "pretty." Well, less than two years later, and with only 50,000 miles on it, our Buick is leaking like all the others on this site. We got into the vehicle yesterday evening, during a hard rain, to discover the rear lighting fixture over the 3rd row seat leaking!

Based on what I've read on this forum, there does not appear to be a point in taking our vehicle to our local Buick dealer. I'm sure the dealer's inflated prices to repair this design flaw will exceed the price of having this repaired by a trusted mechanic; even with the rather insulting $154 credit GM appears to be offering. I'd go ahead and seal the sunroof myself; however, I'd like some assurance from a professional that there is no secondary damage or mold in the roof.

That said, a couple of things I'd like to note if GM customer service cares about what their customer's think.

1. My family will never again purchase a GM vehicle.

2. My wife loved the aesthetics of her Enclave and would have been a lifetime customer; however, the lack of manufacturing and production quality control and the poor manner in which GM has responded to its customers with this issue over the lifetime of this vehicle model is unacceptable. I will not put my family or my wallet at risk by again purchasing from a company of this caliber.

3. Luxury utility vehicles are a dime a dozen in this market. Treating your customers like you're the only game in town is simply bad business; especially when you take into consideration the marketing cost of obtaining new customers vs. repeat customers and the secondary effects to the GM/Buick brand.

4. If there is a class action lawsuit, I will gladly join in with the rest of these folks.

As an aside, before I returned home from my deployment, I purchased a new car for myself as well: A 2012 Volvo S60 sedan directly from the Volvo factory. Best darn purchase I've ever made; superior luxury with high reliability and an affordable price. It even has a sunroof that doesn't leak. Frankly, when comparing the overall quality and value of my two "new" cars, I'm sold on the European automakers.
  • jspratt1jspratt1 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your post. I followed it and determined that my hoses wee connected but slightly clogged. I unclogged them and made sure all connections were snug. Water still accumulated. Careful testing revealed that the forward edge of my sunroof (rubberized area) did not form a strong enough seal to keep water out. So the water collected too fast to drain properly. I teen forced that area and NO MORE LEAKS!!!!!! So happy my truck has been dry. I DID IT MYSELF!!!! Did not want to lose this battle cause it's LESS THAN 7 months of payments left! Your post gave me the confidence to search for the answer. Thanks again!!! :-))))))
    Oh yeah, my repair took about 2 hours and less than $25!!!!!!
    I reinforced the rubberized sunroof edge!!! Thanks again!!!
  • theglue99theglue99 Member Posts: 1
    Could you please describe how you reinforced the seal and with what materials? Thanks!
    Excuse the delay...
    To reinforce the seal, I used items I had on hand.
    1. I prepped the rubber edge of the sunroof by cleaning it with alcohol (that air dried). I actually used extra strength started fluid.)
    2. I applied a thin layer of petroleum jelly to the Enclave body surface that will come in contact with the leading sunroof rubber edge. (This is the front and about two inches on each side.
    3. I applied a rubber sealant to the rubber edge of the sunroof. It was a uniform layer the thickness of a new pencil eraser. (I used 3M stage 2 black weatherstripping adhesive.)
    4. After watching the sealant change from shiny to dull (and slightly tacky), I closed the sunroof and let it set for a few hours.

I tried to post pics but unable to do so. FYI: Still no more leaks!! On another note, I have also fixed other friends and family members trucks.
    Hi I am a 2008 buick owner and my sunroof leaks also. Do you have anything in writing that there was a recall for the sunroof in 2009?
  • brantnerbrantner Member Posts: 1

Hello, anyone have a DIY fix with a moonroof leak? Mine just started leaking yesterday. It is a 2008 and never had a problem until yesterday. I checked the sunroof but everything is okay there.

• arpadgearpadge Member Posts: 1

A small grommet failed allowing the sunroof drain located inside the roof to drain water to the interior front drivers side of my 2008 Buick Enclave. The leak was not easily detected until a moldy smell developed inside the car, humidity issues, and the radio stopped working. The amplifier located near the leak shorted out and failed. (no fire luckily) After $1700 worth of damages and repairs were made by Buick, this design defect was corrected at full cost to the owner. This water leak could have easily caused more problems and possibly even a electrical fire. Other Enclave owners with similar problems should form a class action suit. GM does not take responsibility for this obvious design flaw even though the Buick Enclave forums have numerous similar complaints. GM's response was to offer a $2500 credit on a new vehicle purchase. I certainly have no need to ever purchase another problem.

• kretz1kretz1 Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Enclave Sunroof has leaked since day 1. The recall did not help. I believe it concerned the drain hoses being too short. The dealership has been very nice but can't help my roof leaking. The drain hoses stop up. I was told I don't need to park it in certain areas but my old Rend. had a sun roof and was parked in same spot 6 yrs and never ever stopped up or leaked. My 2012 Buick Lacrosse has a sunroof and has been parked there for 3 1/2 years and never stops up and /or leaks. This Enclave is a great ride but we get laps full of water after it rains. It also leaks down thru the left driver seatbelt container and the seat belt drips with water after a rain. The body shop manager at the dealer said there are way too many bends and crooks in the hoses that allow accumulation of things from trees. Who knows? I have been a very loyal Buick and GM owner all my life. I have been a GM service Mgr for nearly 30 yrs. before retiring. Have never seen anything as bad.I blow out the two front drain holes weekly but cannot get it to stop leaking when it rains. One time a couple of years ago I paid the dealership over $800 to repair it. They took down headliner and left inner fender and lots of stuff and cleaned out the hose but it still leaks. I have even parked front of vehicle slightly downhill so it wouldn't accumulate. I asked if roof glass could be adjusted tighter to keep leave debris from entering in the first place but was told it is adjusted as tight as possible. I may have to duck tape the roof glass for the winter or buy a car port. Only 90, 000 miles but have it in to the dealership for the leak at least 10 times with no lasting repair-only a blow out the drain lines until next rain.
  • jon137jon137 Member Posts: 1
    Whoa everyone, I fixed mine myself for about 20 bucks. This is not hard to fix, and requires just a few things from your local hardware. Go to the clear flexible vinyl tubing area, it should be in big rolls somewhere, and they will cut off what you need. Start with a 5 foot section of 1/4" OD (outside diameter) hose. Then graduate up with 1 foot sections of each of the following: 7/16" OD, 3/8" OD, 3/4" OD, 1" OD, 1 1/4" OD. Next buy a spray can of silicone lubricant to facilitate sliding the 1/4" hose down the drains located at the very front corners of the area surrounding the sunroof. These two holes on either side is where the water is supposed to drain, and this is where the water backs up. When youre ready begin assembling the tubing together, sliding one section into the next. They should fit snugly into each other and provide a pretty good seal. Take the largest end and fit it into the end of a wet vacuum cleaner hose. You may need to graduate up or down, depending on the size of your wet vac, so it may be a good idea to take the wet vac hose with you to the hardware for the right last clear hose piece. If all else fails and your'e close, never forget good ol' duct tape to finish the seal. Now open your sunroof and spray a little silicone on the 1/4" end of the tube and insert it into one of the two drains as far as it can go. Should be about 4 ft. Make sure there is water standing in the holes, it will help suck out the muck. Turn on the wet vac, and check to make sure it is sucking out the water. Now slowly begin pulling the hose out of the hole, you will probably have muck and debris stuck to the end, as well as the fact you will see debris going through the hose. I then refilled the holes several times with hot water and repeated the process until I could see water running out onto the ground freely underneath the front wheel well, where it drains out to. Repeat this process on the other side, and your sunroof will drain again properly. The reason it clogs is because where the two drains meet above your ceiling, there is a poorly designed crosspiece with a very small outlet. I hoped they have corrected this. We love our Enclave. Great car.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,122
    jon137 said:

This is not hard to fix, and requires just a few things from your local hardware. Go to the clear flexible vinyl tubing area, it should be in big rolls somewhere, and they will cut off what you need. Start with a 5 foot section of 1/4" OD (outside diameter) hose. Then graduate up with 1 foot sections of each of the following: 7/16" OD, 3/8" OD, 3/4" OD, 1" OD, 1 1/4" OD. Next buy a spray can of silicone lubricant to facilitate sliding the 1/4" hose down the drains located at the very front corners of the area surrounding the sunroof. These two holes on either side is where the water is supposed to drain, and this is where the water backs up.

Great job engineering a fix for the problem.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• violet50violet50 Member Posts: 2
    I Have a 2012 enclave which I have had 2 months. Love my car but tomorrow will be the 2nd trip to the dealership for the roof leaking. I do not have a sunroof. The water is dripping from the middle front and my windshield was resealed. My car has just over 50,000 miles and I luckily have an extended warranty. After reading posts I am freaking out. My cup holder was full of water last time but car has been driven in the rain, seems to happen when parked.
  • violet50violet50 Member Posts: 2
    Today the dealership has ordered a new windshield. Will find out if this works.
  • jeffbuzhardtjeffbuzhardt Member Posts: 1
    TSB 08207, 08-277A, 08207A. Some places indicate that the prevalence of this issue created a recall. regardless, my Enclave, according to the local repair shop, was not covered by the recall. So, when my wife got into the car this afternoon to go meet her friends, she called me to bring her a towel to soak up the puddle in the drivers floor board. The free repair expired in 2009. Which is ludicrous when one considers that 2008 models may have still been sold new in 2009. We didn't experience the problem until 2013, when the battery began to die. We were moving at the time. When I finally got up to Northern Virginia, I had to have the fuse box underneath the passenger pillar repair. Turns out that I had to have the same repair again about a year later. I found the TSB at that time and was told by a GM repair facility that the TSB did not exist and that a repair would exceed $1,000! What? I found the TSB again and feel as though I have no choice but to attempt the repair myself. The dealers around here say that GM doesn't offer any kind of incentive for them to repair the car. So far GM's only offer is a credit towards a new car.I cannot afford a new car. I cannot even afford a used car. I want this car, that is paid for, to service my family for well over 100,000 miles.

I hope that somebody asks me what I think of GM and Buick. My answer will be less than complimentary.
  • carriewilsoncarriewilson Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 Buick Enclave that I purchased "used" about 3 months ago. No major problems. As long as it's not RAINING. Like so many others here, my car leaks from front to back. The "recall" issue was done on my vehicle at 12k miles (apparently by the first owner) and GM refuses to "refix" the recall problem. All 4 of my drains seem perfectly fine. Both front drains (from sunroof) drain just fine and both rear (from moonroof) also drain just fine. I've had my vehicle in the shop 3 times to "fix" this problem. We'd had NO problems until Tropical Storm Bonnie hit us. Which, unfortunately, left my car with leaks all over. I have water coming in the lights that are above my front seats, i have water coming in around the Sirius satellite antenna and the lights on both sides of it, and finally, from both of the lights in the rear of the cabin. With all of this being said, this ONLY happens when we have really strong storms and crazy hard rain. Any ideas/suggestions?
  • smurfette10smurfette10 Member Posts: 1
    Boy do I wish I had come across this forum before I purchased my Enclave. I purchased a used 08 Enclave 3 months ago and all seemed well until it rained heavy and water started leaking inside. I didn't purchase from a GM dealer so my warranty was limited and the issue didn't appear until after it was expired. Based on what I've been reading that doesn't even really matter because GM is not willing to either reopen the recall or cover with their warranty either.  I really love my car for me and my kids and can't afford to just trade in for another one.  I see some DIY instructions for a fix that were posted some time ago and would like to know if they are still holding up or if they have to be repeated after a period of time?
  • ShailaserranoShailaserrano Member Posts: 1
    My enclave is a 2017. I bought it used 9 months ago from a buick dealership. Last week after heavy rains it would not start twice! Then the next day after driving it and noticing a check engine light, and it would not shut off. The machanic said it was the ignition switch. So I had it replaced, and everything was good. Well we had heavy rains again last night and this morning. When I got in to leave I noticed the check engine light again. Then when I began to drive water poured out of the dash under my glovebox! I am very angry to say the least! Very disappointed with GM
  • BummedwithbuickBummedwithbuick Member Posts: 1
    My 2008 Buick Enclave also leaked from the sunroof, leading to my stereo amplifier making horrible crackling sounds. I replaced the amplifier and found a solution to the sun roof. There are two drain holes, one on each corner of the front of the sunroof. If you can get your hands on a hard plastic cord that is bendable, you can feed it through those holes and you will see the water pour out in the wheel well on the back side of the front tires. Hope this helps.
    On a separate note, my stabiltrack, check engine and traction control lights all came the other day and I just found out that #5 cylinder is firing at 80 pounds instead of 160. Sounds like a big job and it also sounds like this is a common problem with this model. It also sounds like GM knows this is an issue and should recall but hasn't. I bought American and sadly, I've been disappointed. Anybody out there have the same problem and what did you do about it?