Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti EX35 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• flashzoomflashzoom Member Posts: 64
    Chenbati,
    here is the break down of the EX35 you are looking at.
    2010 EX 35 AWD Journey + Bose & all around view pkg only.

MSRP $40,415
    Invoice $37,276
    After Incentive $34576
    I looked up online, seems like the incentives in WI is only $2700.

but if the Dealer is offering you $37610-$3000 = $34610, then you are getting a great deal!!! Make sure they are giving you the $3000 on top of what they are offering, do NOT assume they will offer the $3000 incentives on top of the price they are giving you automatically!!!
  • chenbatichenbati Member Posts: 7
    Thanks, flashzoom,
    I just had a brief conversation with them, they do offer $3000 incentive on top of the invoice price.
    I will post the price I get if I pull my trigger.
    that's a pretty good Deal!!
    let me know how does it go, since I've been shipping for one too.
    need to pull the trigger in the next week or two.
    hey guys,
    need some help on this.
    I know infiniti is offering financing specials right now. 0% for 36mo, and 3.9% up to 72mo.
    here is the fine print, I am not really sure what it means??
    $27.78 per month per $1,000? what is that?

$27.78 per month per $1,000 borrowed at 0.0% APR for 36 months and $15.60 per month per $1,000 borrowed at 3.9% APR for 72 months on all new 2010 EX in Retailer stock. Down payment may be required. Subject to IFS Tier 0/1 credit approval. Offer ends 1/4/10. See participating Retailers for details.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    It's just a math calculation...

Any amount borrowed for 36 months at 0% interest = $27.78 per month per thousand...

$1000/36 = $27.78

$30,000 divided by 36 payments = $833.33

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

awww! ok that make sense.
    stupid me! hahaha...
  • gbertgbert Member Posts: 2
    We are considering a lease (this would be our first). The offer from the dealership in Calif is on an 2010 EX35 RWD Journey

Vehicle Price: $37,683
    Cash Due on Delivery:$4,000
    Doc fees:$45
    Acq fees: $595
    Residual: $21,178
    Depreciation: $13,970
    Rent: $2453
    36 months
    tax @8.975
    payments: $497

Is this a good offer? The offer ends tomorrow.
    Your advice is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Hi Gbert,
    based on the offer you got, MSRP $37683, I assume that's no navi? or what is the MSRP and options you have got on that car will help on determin the actual leasing price.
    but here is a sample offer i have received in So Cal area in december 2009.

2010 EX35 RWD Journey w/ Navi, bose package.
    MSRP: 39015
    Down: $2000
    Month: $507 (include TTL)
    36 months
    15000 miles/year

this was the best offer I got, and I still wanted cheaper. haha
  • gbertgbert Member Posts: 2
    Hi there!!
    The EX 35 Journey comes with the Navi pkg, Premium and Bose pkg.....hmm..you only had to put in $2000??
    gbert,
    your price is about right.
    since your quote include the prem package.
    the price quote that I got was only the Navi/bose package, no prem package.
    and make sure the price quote you are getting are all TTL fees included.

good luck
  • waltazwaltaz Member Posts: 163
    Hey all,

I have an '08 EX35, and my 24-month lease comes up in March. I love the vehicle, and am looking at leasing a 2010 EX. I'll do Journey with Nav, but not the funky technology package.

What are the current incentives, money factors and residuals that Infiniti is offering for Jan on the 2010's? I may do it this month, rather than wait, if I can get a deal.

Thanks much!
  • orchidgalorchidgal Member Posts: 19
    I've got an '08 EX35 Journey w/ the Tech package & Navi and I love it - what's your problem with it?
    I love the Navi, hard drive, rear view monitor, but don't need nor want all the other stuff like collision avoidance, lane departure, etc. And I'm turning in the '08 to get a new '10!
  • gordongordogordongordo Member Posts: 28
    Even if the advertised cost of a lease stipulates that you will have to put down so much money --- usually with taxes and fees additional --- no leasing company I know of requires you to put down one dollar.

Instead, after you negotiate the sale price of the vehicle --- then consider the residual (60% for an EX-35 2010 10,000 mile vehicle now) and the money factor (interest, found by multiplying by 2400) --- you can decide to roll over all this negotiated price and fees and taxes into monthly payments.

I just did that with the leasing of an EX-35 at a tad above invoice, offered no money whatsoever --- not even first monthly payment---- and signed the lease for 36 months.

Even if you have a trade-in, you do not have to use that money to reduce the monthly payment UNLESS you want to.

I do have a tip: it's worth while to pay the price of wear-and-tear insurance --- which for 36 months and 10,000 miles cost about $830 --- unless you are certain your vehicle will be immaculate when you turn it in.

That insurance covers dings, small dents, and torn leather seats ---- the latter especially vulnerable if you have a dog and let it ride in the car. Otherwise you may face large arbitrary turn-in fees that far exceed the insurance cost. And that cost can also be rolled into the monthly fees. (Whether the insurance cost could be negotiated downward --- probably it could be --- is up to you.. Frankly, I've never understood why people buying a $35,000 - $45,000 or more vehicle fret over two or three hundred dollars . . . must be a matter of gamesmanship.)

Hope these tips help you. By the way, the new EX-35 is a superb vehicle, and my only quibble is that on the worn surfaces of California highways --- even if blacktopped over composite surfaces --- the road noise from the Michelin tires (17 inch) is fairly high.

I had the same trouble with a 2006 Acura MDX with Michelin off-road tires, and switching to Continental tires reduced the road noise by about 30% or so --- noticeably so in any case. That vehicle I bought though. The leased ex-35 is another matter, and I'll wait until 1000 miles or so our on the tires and see whether the new tracking is less noisy. (The ex-35 engine is slightly noisier than the MDX's, but is still decent on that score. And the wind noise is pretty low too, though not the noise from other cars in the lanes near you . . . anyway, as low on that count as I'[d lie. But all the other qualities of the car are what they have been touted to be . . . so far anyway.)

Michael

• sewellgsmsewellgsm Member Posts: 775
    Wow - "one offered $33,688 and the other $33,500 - but we LIED and said we were offered $33,200".....and I thought only us salesmen lied....LOL!

Enjoy the EX!

By the way, selling around 1500 cars a year for the last 15 years - we've seen it all and know your tricks too!

PS The AMEX incentive ended in Nov. :)
    lol...since we all seen it "all"!!
    why can't we all just get along?
    just offer the best price, and we'll accept the best price, and save all of us some time to go through the trouble.
    haha
    hey everyone,
    just FYI on the deal i have just got tonight.
    I've been shopping for a EX35 since Oct 2009. after 3 months finally closed the deal tonight.
    here is what I've finally got.

2010 EX 35 Journey RWD
    Bose & Around View Monitor Pkg
    Platinum Graphite Metallic
    Graphite

MSRP: $39,015
    Invoice: $35,986
    Incentive: $3000
    Online price $35,986 - $3000 = $32,986

Final Price I've paid: $32,500 + TTL (got another $200 credit for some mistake they have made)

so...I think it was pretty decent deal, happy with it.
    Originally i wanted to get the 2010 EX 35 + Bose & around view + Premium + 18" wheel = MSRP: $41,265
    Best offer i got on that was $34500, not bad either. but the problem was that it was hard to find a 2010 Ex35 with Navi, and Premium package. there was like one that matched the color I wanted in the whole Greater LA ara. so I finally gave that up.

ya...hope this info help all you EX35 shoppers. BTW, this was from a Dealer in So Cal area.

Good Lucky to you all!
    Best price for you is not the "best price" for me :D
  • chenbatichenbati Member Posts: 7
    Tired of negotiating with different dealers and pulled my trigger today.

2010 EX35 journey AWD with Bose/AV package and splash guards.
    MSRP: $40555
    What I paid is $34200.
    I also got wheel locks for my EX35, not sure if every dealer does it.

Do no know if this is a good deal but it doesn't matter as long as I like it.

Hope this helps.
    Chenbati,
    not a bad deal.
    that's a pretty good price already, even if you try to push harder, u might only save another 200 to 300, but there is no guarrantee they will give another 200 to 300. just that you might, if u get lucky.
  • vanbastenvanbasten Member Posts: 6
    Pulled trigger today and drive my Dark Currant back

2010 EX35 journey AWD with Bose package and splash guards.
    MSRP: $40555
    Deal Price: $34100 + TTL

At the spot I purchased 2 "additional" options

1. Elite Maintenance Plan - Deluxe 5/75K for $1,148
    2. ECP (Entire Car Protection) Total Care Protection Plan for $1,245. This includes Dent Protection, Tire & Wheel (if you get a flat tire), Key replacement, Paint proection (a seal will be applied) and interior protection (a seal will be applied and punctures can be repaired).

How much did you get quoted for those items, especially the ECP plan that I cannot get much info from online search? I am thinking whether I should keep or cancel them.
  • radoncgsradoncgs Member Posts: 60
    is the Elite Maintenance Plan worth it? thanks.
  • vanbastenvanbasten Member Posts: 6
    Probably not. I cancelled it today.
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Smart move. Just change the oil and filter per manufacturers specs at a trusted indy shop -- keep your receipts. Your dealer will fun specials on service as well.
    I think the Tire & Wheel is worth it, the other stuff I would have passed on as well. :)
  • rcarflrcarfl Member Posts: 2
    I am in florida shopping for a new lease for a ex35. The inifinti web site shows a 3995 cap reduction for a 36 mo, 10K on a Journey , payments at 399 with free nav
    plus tax title.
    One dealer is offering same car at 399 with 1995 down, same conditions
    what is the residual value and money factor for this car? why the difference in cap reduction ( also, the infinity web site shows a FREE nav package ??!!!)))
    please help with this confusing numbers...tks
    I really appreciate any help my current audi lease ends in 2 weeks!!!!!
    It is confusing - Infiniti has confused us - to get the Navigation Pkg (which is "free") you must order Bose and Around View Monitor Pkg ($2150). They should have just said for $2150 you get Nav, Bose, AVM. Whatever, they change things every year.

Residual on a 36 month lease with 10k is 56% of the MSRP, so I would think the vehicle at the dealer does not have Nav, Bose, AVM if they are quoting the same payment with less down. The National Infiniti Ads are very aggressive and leave the dealers with little room to negoicate. Hope this helps. :)
    I have an '08 EX35 RWD Journey with Premium, Bose/Navi (didn't come with AVM back then) and 18" wheels, in Silver/Graphite (black/walnut). I leased it for 24 months, and it comes up in March.

I've shopped the Volvo XC60, Mercedes GLK, Audi Q5, Acura RDX, etc...and kept coming back to the EX. I love it (I mountain bike and race/camp alot,, and rack my bikes up top on a Thule rack, and always have the seats down for biking/camping gear - fits alot), and the value is incredible - it is way less than the others when fully loaded, and the lease terms, in terms of money factors and residuals, are better, making it less expensive to lease. For example, trying to price out the Mercedes and Volvo, with comparable options, puts them at least $200 more per month than the EX.

I have really wanted a black one, because they look ridiculously good, and love the black interior...even in AZ (any interior is hot in AZ). I have looked all over for a Black/Graphite 2010 RWD with Bose/AVM (incl. Navi), Premium and 18" wheels. First, as mentioned, it is very hard to find a Bose/AVM that includes the Premium, and hard to find Black/Graphite (most are Stone interior, or tan).

I struck out in AZ, and expanded my search to SoCal and Las Vegas. Found a Black/Stone without the 18" wheels in LV, and a loaded White/Tan AWD in Escondido...and exactly what I wanted through Palm Springs Infiniti. They traded for it from Torrance.

They did the deal, with ZERO haggle, for $300 over invoice, then MINUS the $500 loyalty cash, so net of $200 under invoice for me (NOTE: If I was buying, it would have been minus $3,000...that discount is only good for buying, not leasing). I was happy with that as it was better than any offer I had for lesser combos in AZ. Plus, their doc fee was $45 vs. the $449 that is standard in the Phoenix area. I leased for 39 months, and bought 5,000 extra miles per year (so I get 20,000 miles/year - I really drive it) for $.10/mile.

I picked it up this morning in Ehrenberg, AZ, which is on the AZ/CA border, and halfway between Phoenix and Palm Springs. They met me there to do the delivery.

The look of the car exceeds my expectations, and the Navi is better than the '08. I just love it. You cannot beat the Graphite/Walnut interior, IMO, for richness and luxuriousness.

Palm Springs Infiniti provided one of the best experiences I have ever had in buying/leasing a car. No haggling, complete transparency on the numbers (I am super-anal, and have done a ton of research, and check/question every number), and a great salesman with a great attitude. I don't care if I *could* have got a better deal, I got the deal I wanted, and what I thought was totally fair.

I LOVE my new EX...and I LOVE the EX, in general. Perfect for me.
  • janadogjanadog Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2010
    MSRP 40,655, EX35 Journey, AWD, Bose and Around View Monitor Pkg, Roof rail crossbars....39 Mo lease,12K miles, $6500 down 410 a month. Is this a good deal on this car? (oh $710 buy out of current lease also). Thanks - Love the car
    Janadog,

no, that's not a good deal at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    if you residual is 54%, and money factor is 0.00121

with $6500 drive off, and 39 month with 12k miles/year.
    you should be paying no more than $350.00 , that's include all Tax and Fees!!
    and that's if they make decent profit, very decent profit.

if you are doing $6500 drive off, you should target your monthly price at $330.00 include all tax and fees!
    this can very about 1% to 3% since I don't know which state you are in.
  • janadogjanadog Member Posts: 2
    Thank you flashzoom. Love the car but didn't feel good on the deal, or leasing at all. Really appreciate your help.
  • timmbojtimmboj Member Posts: 123
    So the $3000 Manu to Dealer is only for purchase? Dang.
  • nissinfinmannissinfinman Member Posts: 9
    I've noticed that the $3,000 incentive does not allow the customer to take the low financing (0.0% - 3.9%) but that it also requires the customer to "finance through the manufacturer's captive finance company"? Does anyone know what kind of financing rates you need to take to get the $3,000 incentive? Also, it's not possible to pay cash for the vehicle and get the $3,000 incentive? Any info will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    No change for the EX.

10 EX: Special Rates OR $3000

If you lease there is a $500 Lease Loyalty Rebate if you own an Infiniti.

Hope this helps. :)
    If you do not use the special financing offered by Infiniti (0% etc) - then the dealer gets $3000 (called dealer cash). They can then pass that along to you - you can pay cash or set up normal financing through your own bank or one of the dealer's lenders. :)
    just FYI, infiniti & nissan dealers got the Friends & Family employee discount right now.
    for infiniti, its around 3.8% off the invoice price, can be combined with the $3000 incentives!!!!!!!

the offer ends on 3/31/2010
  • biancarbiancar Member Posts: 965
    What do you have to be to be "Friends and Family" eligible?
    no you don't, this is a promo event since jan.
    but it will end on 3/31/2010
    this only applies to purchase only not lease!!!
    I drove one today and really, really liked it. Unfortunately can't find one equipped as I want, with Premium, Bose/AVM, and Navigation, never mind in a color I want (one of the lighter exterior colors, and wheat interior). The promotion must have been successful, because there isn't much to choose from, looks like.
    I have been scouring Infiniti dealers' inventory in my own state, Virginia, plus nearly all the states around me, and cannot find any RWD EX35 with the Premium package. They mostly have the Bose and Nav packages. But I'm confused because on the information sheet that I have, it says that the Bose requires the Navigation package, and the Navigation package requires *either* the 18" wheel OR the Technology package, and the Technology package requires the Premium package.

Thus, it looks like to me, if a car does NOT have the 18" wheel package, then if it has anything extra at all, it HAS to have Bose with AVM, Navigation, Technology, and Premium, all four packages. Is that right?

I wonder if I'm driving myself nuts doing the internet research and coming up blank because they just didn't enter the last two parts (tech and premium), not that the car doesn't have it. Can anyone throw some light on that?
    You might be looking at the old info.
    currently the 2010 options are different

most of the EX Jour. comes with bose/navi/AVM system.
    but if you want the Premium package, that requires 18inch wheel.
    then Tech package is last.
    so Premium package is tie together with 18 inch wheels.
    and bose/navi/avm are together.

yes, it is a bit hard to find the RWD with bose/navi/avm, and premium package right now. I looked for the same car for about 2 months, couldn't find one with the color i wanted.
    you might have better luck looking for AWD + bose/navi/avm + premium + 18" wheels. but that's about 1500 more than the RWD
    but if you want the Premium package, that requires 18inch wheel.

On the information sheet I have (picked up at the dealer two days ago) it's the other way around. The 18" wheels require the Premium package, but the Premium package itself can go with EITHER the larger wheels or the tech package, but not both.
  • ex35ex35 Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    I am about to seal a deal on a new Infinity EX35 AWD Journey, Platinum on Graphite (Bose and Nav +1st aid kit + roof rails and cross bars + splash guards + wheel locks) for 35000 not including tax and title (destination fee included). What do you guys think? Do we have a deal here?
  • jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Decent price. Ask for complimentary maintenance for 3-4 years to seal the deal. Not a deal breaker but it doesn't hurt to ask.
  • kaliforniakkaliforniak Member Posts: 51
    My local dealer has 6 09s left and I asked them for a quote. What kind of prices should I be shooting for? I see somebody two pages back got 32.5 K + TTL when he bought a '10 in January so I should expect much better for a 09 right?

PS : Looking for RWD with Bose/Nav
  • ex35ex35 Member Posts: 2
    1- Does anybody know if the iPod connection cable (which is a typical USP cable) comes with the 2010 ex35? The dealer that I am buying the car from says that it doesn’t come with the 2010 models. However, I am certain that the car which I test drove at a different dealer had the cable located in the center counsel. Any thoughts?
    2- Also, this dealer is charging me $129 for wheel locks. . Given that each wheel lock costs about $1, it is normal for the dear to charge $129?
    3- + $69 for nitro filled tires and $4 for tire recycling fees and they have not even changed the tires (the car is new); should I ask for new tires at least?
    any ideas? Thanks.
    hey ex35
    here is what I know of

1. No they do not come with the iPod USB cable. its more less why your iPod comes with a USB cable.

2. ya...dealer does charge everything for an arm or a leg. that's their listing price on the wheel lock, that is the correct price. just get some wheel lock from ebay, they are like $20 shipped.

3. no sure what you mean by that? where did the $69 and $4 come from? its on the sticker window price? or they want to charge you that? just tell them you don't want those options.
    Kaliforniak,
    not sure if the dealer can do any deals on the 09s.
    because the incentives will not apply on the 09s, that means they can only offer around the invoice price. Unless its registered, with a license plate already.
    I am almost sure you'll get better deal with the 10s, and they are more willing to deal with 10s as well
  • orchidgalorchidgal Member Posts: 19
    I don't understand them not including a cable for the Ipod in the 2010 EX35. I own a 2008 and it has that cable in the center console and I plug my Ipod into it all the time. What could that be about??
    I believe the 2008 ex, doesn't come with the standard USB connector.
    its a proprietary design, that's why why they provided the cable to connect to the iPod/iPhone. 2010 is the 1st year, where they have the standard USB connector for iPod/iPhone/USB drives.