Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2007 GMC Envoy Denali

40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
I've seen a lot of posts in this forum complaining about the Envoys and very few complimentary posts.

I leased my Envoy in Sept. 2007 and have since put about 8,000 miles on it. I'm very happy with it. It's quiet, handles like a sports car, stops on a dime, has plenty of power and the gas milage is good considering how it is driven.

Anyone else enjoying their Envoy?
2015 Buick Encore Leather Edition
2014 Buick Enclave Premium Edition

Comments

• mmchismmchis Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2008 Envoy Denali this past November and I LOVE it!
    I have never enjoyed driving before, but now I always volunteer to drive!
    It's a truck that drives as smooth as a car.
  • dwinmndwinmn Member Posts: 1
    I bought my 07 Envoy in December and it has been perfect. After looking into other manufactures I found the Envoy to be better hands down. Nothing but good things to say about it.
  • rkohanrkohan Member Posts: 5
    I recently purchased a 2007 Envoy Denali and am very happy with it. However, I did notice this weekend that the storage compartment in the rear, under the carpet is damp and there is mold growing on the lid and items stored in it. Any ideas what would cause this?
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    It probably got wet and nobody dried it out.
    I opened it up at the dealer before I bought it but didn't check it. There isn't a drain hole under the carpet is there? I was wondering if water is coming up from the tires while driving.
  • 40yearfan40yearfan Member Posts: 102
    I don't think there is a drainhole (I have the same exact model) in that litte well that sits under your lid. If someone got water in there, it would probably not get out until it all evaporated. Depending on how much liquid was spilled in there, it could take some time.

I don't know how water could be splashed into the compartment without have a major hole that would be noticeable. I doubt that would be the problem.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    You could lock yourself in the trunk while a friend sprays the lid with a water hose.

Make sure you don't owe your friend any money. :D

Interior Water Leaks Part 1 Testing for Leaks
  • praiz2himpraiz2him Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2007 Envoy Denali in Nov. 2008, 26000. I now have 51000. It's a good riding SUV and I really like it. My problelm is with that my rear suspension has lowered way down and when I called a GMC shop to ask about it, the customer care rep told me I would have to replace the rear airbags????? at a cost of $2800!!!! - I told him he must be kidding!!! I am making a car note and this repair is rediculous!! I'm taking it to the shop this morning to see what a Technician says.

Anyone have any suggestions!!!!!! Thanks, Rose
    I saw an Envoy on the highway with a cover over the trailer hitch opening in the bumper with GMC printed on it. The cover filled the entire opening for the trailer hitch. Anyone know where I can purchase one?
  • tireguytireguy Member Posts: 200
    I really don't like the air suspension on the Envoy. Mine runs all the time, well, not all the time, but way too often. And the pump is so darn loud, it's kind of embarrassing when it happens in town next to pedestrians, like my truck just farted. I wonder how hard it would be to convert it to a coil spring setup with trailblazer parts.
    Other than that i do like the truck. I have a 2007 4x4. I love the V8. If it had 3.73s it would be an absolute hot rod, but with the 3.42s it moves along better than most. It's a beautiful vehicle, especially in black. It's a little cramped inside, but comfortable. I don't really understand why the dash has to be so bulky, just like the S15 Jimmys which preceded it.
  • berrygirlgwenberrygirlgwen Member Posts: 1
    Rose,
    I know it's been awhile since you posted but I just wanted to say that I just had to pay over $1,000 to GMC for the exact same problem. I have a 2007 Envoy Denali with about 40K miles on it. It began sagging in the back and so I took it in and they said that the rear air bags were "cut" somehow?? I immediately asked if they meant someone had done it and they said "no, it was probably just that one got cut somehow and affected the other" or some BS like that. I couldn't believe how ridiculous it was but of course had no choice but to have it fixed. I'd like to know how many others have been affected by this same problem. They shouldn't get away with these things. They always manage to happen JUST when the vehicle goes out of warranty too. It's obviously a problem with the way THEY made these vehicles, not a coincidence. This is a relatively new vehicle. There should be no major repairs to pay for before 100K miles. It's no wonder I've always bought foreign cars before this. I was trying to get out cheaper but it looks like I may not in the long run, with them pulling crap like this.
  • gdry_chigdry_chi Member Posts: 2
    Rose and berry,

Same for my denail, My body shop guy notice it when detailing the car. He fixed it for $700 as it was only the pump that was bad.

Body shop guys need work too.
  • jbegoodjbegood Member Posts: 1
    I just noticed last week I had some stains on the headliner of my 2007 GMC Denali (only 42K miles on it) and contacted the dealership. My daughters seatbelt was wet when I discovered this. I am not prepared to spend this kind of money to have this repaired. I am prepared to take this to the sales person whom sold me this vehicle. I hope it's only the drain that needs repair and not the whole entire job. The toyota and Kia vehicles I have had over the past 15 years HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM!!!!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    We can set up a Customer Assistance case for you if you like. Please send us an email with your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, the name of your involved dealership, and how many times you've been in to the dealership for this issue (it's okay if it's none, we just need to know to assemble a case). Any other information you want to add is welcome.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • thezarbthezarb Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2012
    I have the same problems that you all have on my 2007 Saab 9-7x. I live in a GM town (Lansing, MI). Nearly every time I'm at stoplight I see another Envoy, Trailblazer, Buick or Olds equivalent, or 9-7x sagging to one side. It is a shame that GM has not done anything to fix this issue. It is a blatant error on their part, and a poor display of their product! In addition to the horribly designed, sagging air-suspension, my Stabilitrak activates almost every time I enter the expressway using a circular on-ramp. This cuts the throttle making it nearly impossible to accelerate and merge into traffic. This "truck" is to the point that it is unsafe to drive. Just like the Envoy and Trailblazer, my Saab is GM's poor attempt at a luxury SUV. Can anyone offer guidance on how to resolve these issues with GM? Thanks
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    thezarb,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your experience. I apologize for your frustrations. Have you spoke with GM Customer Assistance? Can you please send me your VIN, current mileage, and involved dealer? Please also include a summary of your concerns and I will look into this further for you. I look forward to your email.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • rcrash31rcrash31 Member Posts: 1
    I also own Envoy Denali (06) with sagging rear suspension problem. I have been a GM owner for last 4 vehicles and somewhat mechanically inclined. The last 2 visits to GMC dealers have not gone well. I would like to know if GM has some kind of customer service help for possible recall. The rear suspension works fine one day and will sag the next which is a safty issue that needs to be corrected...
    rcrash31,
    Thank you for taking the time to post your concerns. My name is Christina and I am a part of GM's Customer Service team. If you would like to email me with your VIN, current mileage, involved dealer, and complete contact information I would be happy to look into this for you. I look forward to hearing more from you.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    SocialMedia@GM.com
  • simpson07simpson07 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 07 Envoy Denali and I am scared of this thing! I have owned it for 19 months and I have had nothing but trouble from it since the 1st month! I have had numerous issues but the main problem has been repeated issues with the rear end and once again the issue has started and this time my warranty is expired. Dealer says there is nothing they can do for me now, Factory warranty, extended warranty and Dealer warranty recently expired. I am so sick of this thing breaking down!!!
    It starts with the service stabilitrak light coming on and then within minutes from the light coming on a loud thumping noise will start coming from the rear end and then it acts like it doesnt want to move forward.
    Worst vehicle I have ever owned and so disappointed!!!
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Good morning simpson07,

We're sorry that you find yourself in this frustrating situation and that you are having continued difficulties with your Envoy. If you would like for us to check into this further with your dealership, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (include your name and Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involve dealership).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • hdman2005hdman2005 Member Posts: 1
    Like everyone else I too have this issue on my 2007 Envoy Denali. I vetted this issue with a spray bottle of soapy water and found that the part of the air ride bag that collapses on itself due to a lack of air causes a breakdown in the rubber thus creating cracks in it. My repair guy says that this is partly due to dirt and debris tearing into the rubber as the bag collapses. I say a contributing factor is the design. Unless there is a leak why would the air escape? Now I am looking at several hundred dollars in repair. Additionally I understand that the duty cycle on the compressor is only 20%. It comes on every time I start my SUV. My biggest concern is the possible replacement of it!! Is there a recall or assistance that GM can provide? I really like my vehicle but such issues will not keep me a lifelong customer!
    hdman2005,
    If you want for us to check into anything further, we're available to you. Please contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with more details (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation). We cannot guarantee what the results will be up front as we handle each inquiry on a case-by-case basis, but we will be thorough.
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • 2007envoytl2007envoytl Member Posts: 2
    I have a 2007 GMC Envoy Denali and it also has the sagging suspensions and the compessor os working overtime to keep it up my wife and kids drive this car we do not have 1000 or more to put air bags or tubes etc. We need to know what GM is gong to do about this obvious design flaw that has by my count affected THOUSANDS of vehicles. I have not taken to dealer yet I am sure this would be a 1200 fix. The owners that have has this issue have been loyal chevy and GM owners to shell out what we paid for thse suvs and to have them sag down like a jalopy like that is unsafe and how this has not resulted in a recall I do not know.
  • 2007envoytl2007envoytl Member Posts: 2
    Suspension sagging constantly working compressor. Need to know what GM is going to do about this it has affected thousands of vehicles, the truck is undrivable and unsafe in such a condition I wonder if any accidents have been caused by this? Here is a link to a kit on strutmasters to rip out the air and put springs and shocks for $199
    http://www.strutmasters.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=2007+GMC+Envoy
  • ktabaresktabares Member Posts: 1
    I also have a sagging suspension problem with my 2007 GMC Envoy Denali. It can be hot or cold outside or sit for 15 minutes or all night and it never fails, I'll find it sagging in the rear. Obviously, by all the comments that I have seen on the internet this has been a bad problem for GMC. I also do believe that this should have been a recall. My Envoy has less than 80K on it and can't believe that it is already having problems like this! I have a MAP (vehicle service contract) and plan to have it looked at, hopefully this issue it covered by the warranty. :mad:
  • ckarhoffckarhoff Member Posts: 1
    I have recently purchased a 2007 GMC Envoy and am very dissatisfied with it have have spend over $1,400.00 in repairs and it still is not fixed yet my brakes keep locking up as I drive down the road which is very unsafe !!! I have had it to a GM dealer and still not fixed changed out the front and back rotors , brake pads, vacumm brake booster, flex lines in the front and the master cylinder I have only had this vehicle for a little over 11 months .I also purchased a Marathon group warranty and am told nothing is covered so there goes another $1,250.00 DOWN THE DRAIN I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone !
    The airbags in the rear have a limited lifespan. When I bought my 2007 envoy in 2009 the compressor was running constantly because one had already deteriorated at the fold. It's actually very easy to replace the airbags with coil springs (trailblazer or yukon/tahoe spec) for under $200 and an hour with a pair of wrenches. I then removed the air pump I no longer needed and sold it on eBay for $250. It's been great ever since then. Since the Denali is the only vehicle I've ever seen that had that tire size, I took it a step further and installed a BDS leveling kit and wheel spacers to allow fitment of Firestone Wilderness ATs 265/65R18 (standard Silverado Z71 tires).  Now it is a truck like no other, yet looks stock to the layman.  GM did it so right with the overall design of these vehicles (thank you for the LS motor), but fell short on a few issues (suspension, window switches) which are correctable.  We'll probably never again see a truck-based mid-size body-on-frame V8 SUV produced by GM, since so few buyers appreciate what that means.  Instead they'll continue to pawn off mutated minivans with four swinging doors as suitable replacements.  So I guess it will continue to serve as my wife's grocery-getter.  In three years my son will be driving and then we can really have some fun with it!

• solaralover2solaralover2 Member Posts: 2
    We had the same issue with the airbags in our 2006 envoy xl Denali......we changed it over to struts without a problem. We did it our selves in our driveway. It was 8 years old when we bought it.