Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7 Engine Problems

Comments

• I am a owner of a Mazda CX-7 2007 with 102,000 and it just started with the whole timing chain issue. How can I get this resolve? It is my only car and I cant afford to loose it.... mazda has already said they wont cover it...
  • If you have any information on a class suite or any other process against Mazda please let me know....
  • How can I get involve in this lawsuit?
  • Need information regarding this lawsuit...Please contact me at william_perez10@att.net
  • Please anyone have any info on this lawsuit contact me @ courtneywilliamsmassage@gmail.com. I have gone through the timing chain problem over a year ago and the. It was a valve problem after that and then another valve problem and now I have a transmission problem I've only had this car for two years its at the mechanic shop right now and it has him baffled!!! I refuse to bring it back to Mazda cause for the timing chains they had my car for a month and ever since then I've had nothing but problems. I would love to sue the piss out of Mazda!!!! :mad:
  • I am in NJ and need some input about any current cx-7 lawsuits, or some help on how to go forward with a suit against my dealership. Please, afetr my turbo, vvt, and engine oil cooler were replaced engine quit and I was told there was no relationship with the two
  • There is an attorney named Colin that is filking a class action lawsuit re the VVT and related issues withthe CX7. He should be in touch but if you need more info please let me know. We are all in the same sinking boat
  • LISTEN TO ME FOR THE LAST TIME- TO GET THERE ATTENTION, FILE WITH THE U.S ATTORNEY OF YOUR LOCAL STATE- THEY WILL PUT THE PRESSURE ON MAZDA-(IT WORKS)
  • i have a 2007 mazda cx7 and mine has 82 k on it and i bout it new in 2007 and i just had the vvt and timmeing chain done i have custom excost and that is the only thing i have had done to it im still on my same tires it had from the show room floor so i just want to ask y is every body haveing problems with them :)
  • I had this same issue that I posted about last May. I have since fixed and sold my Mazda and took a huge loss. I have my documentation ready, let me know when a class action law suit is filed as I am owed some money back!
  • I recently purchased a 2007 CX-7 with 65,300 miles on it. The timing chain and VVT were replaced under warranty when the car had 34,847 miles on it. Reading all the horror stories has me wondering one thing. Has anyone had experience with replacement parts failing again like the original ones did?
  • I just traded off my 2007 CX-7 with 98,000 miles on it. It was running very well, had the VVT and air conditioner replaced just under 60,000 and under warranty, no issue with replacement parts. Never had the turbo problems some have had. My Madza mechanic gave me this tips, let the car run for a minute after driving before you shut it off, and change the oil every 2,000 miles. I think neglecting to let the turbo cool down before shutting off has likely contributed to problems. It is in the manual. I had no problems with the car between 60,000 and 98,000 miles. Have fun with your CX-7 I actually miss mine, it was fun to drive.
  • I HAVE THE 3RD TURBO IN MY cx7 AND THE ENGINE IS GONE TOO OVER $8000 TO FIX IT PLUS $3200 FOR THE TURBO. I sent a link to all these complaints to CHCH news local TV station in Hamilton Ontario. please send in your problem as well, they will be able to help us because Mazda sure isn't. the email address is: tips@chch.com
    There are Lawsuits in Quebec and the US AGAINST MAZDA. We can get one going in Ontario as well. Way too much money to be paid for their mistake.
  • My CX-7 has 46000 miles on it and the timming chain " SKIPPED" thus hitting valves in #2 and #3 cylinders as I was told by a Mazda mechanic. Mazda what to see All the receipts for oil changes. They ask for the detailed receipts. What kind of oil did they put in my car. Now I'm 1 of those people who stands in the garage door and watches everything! 5-30 went into my car every time . Well Mazda has had my CX-7 for 2 weeks! My wife NEEDS her car! I'm waiting for Mazda to tell me what they are going to do about this ...... My CX-7 is a 2007 I just bought brand new tires for it. It's paid off! I would like info on a class action lawsuit if I don't like what I here from MAZDA .
  • mazda has told me my engine is shot, need new one, and they said they are not able to find a used one, new 7600.00, plus parts and labor. Questions does anybody know the best place to find used engines, is there a national website? And has anyone bought a used engine for 2008 cx-7, what do they cost?
  • Same problem with my car, and a used engine was impossible to find, as well as very risky for this car, as the engines are defective. My mechanic advised that he could replace all the defective parts (turbo sensor, VVT acuator, timing chain) for much less and we did it for around $5000. I check the oil once a week, as the turbo burns right through it, and the car is running well right now. However, my mechanic recommends getting rid of the car asap, as it's unknown when it's going to "blow up" again, even with doing all recommended maintanece, letting the car cool down for 2 or 3 minutes after driving, changing the oil every 2000 miles or so. Good luck....it's tricky to replace the parts, so get a really good mechanic!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,115
    So... are you getting rid of it?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• zoom08zoom08 NYCPosts: 67
    so i am having a CEL code p3001 , cylinder 1 misfire.
    my mechanic cannot fix it. I have changed plugs, coils, tune up and nothing. it goes away only to come back after a week.
    i am going to dealer to see what they read from CEL and to see what they would do to fix problem.
    my car 77K miles never had a problem before. any suggestions?
    so has Mazda responded to all the complaints?
    I doubt anyone will want to buy the car knowing that the engine is crap!
    what state?
    I live in NYS
    will be interesten in getting more info about law suit!
  • jsk69jsk69 Posts: 1
    did the dealership determine the cause? we are having an issue with gas mixing with the oil and so far they haven't been able to determine the cause of the problem. We have had new injectors and three different fuel pumps installed and still the gas mixes with the oil and overfills it.
    the dealership in NYC could not determine the cause of the problem, they figure is best to simply rebuilt engine.
    they had the car for 3 days only to have to take the car out, pay for the troubleshooting and I ended up trading the car. HUGE FINANCIAL LOSS, get rid of yours before you are in my shoes. Mazda did nothing about it.
    they know these engines have a lot of problems! but they just dont care about us!
  • azdentonazdenton Posts: 1
    I have a 2008 CX-7 that I purchased less than a year ago. Two weeks ago at only 65,000 miles I started hearing a knocking sound coming from the engine. I have an extended warranty that I purchased when I bought the car so initiallly took it to my mechanic who then told me to take it to Mazda since the issue should be under Mazda's extended warranty of 70,000 miles. Mazda replaced the VVT actuator and timing chain at no cost but the issue was still there. The Mazda service department said that the engine needs to be replaced and that they won't cover it due to "sludge buildup and lack of maintenance". They had previously stated that my engine was spotless. The extended warranty company won't do the repair placing blame on Mazda. I have a vehicle that I have owned for less than a year with only 65K miles and am stuck either replacing the engine at a cost of $6,000 or trading it in and taking a huge loss. I am interested to see if there are any class action lawsuits being filed and how to get involved if there are.
  • gentemiogentemio Posts: 13
    Trade it while you can. I went through the same thing, replaced the engine at over 6,000 and that did not work ended up scraping it and needed to buy other car. Over 8,000 in repairs for nothing and Mazda did NADA. Get rid of it earlier than later.
  • bryancosbryancos Posts: 282
    When my engine was replaced, they obtained one that had the same Vvt problem as the original and it started to exhibit noise and other symptoms 11k miles after replacement! Thankfully it occurred under the 12k / 12 month warranty for the used motor and repairs were covered. However then the CX-LEMON started stalling with CEL indicating the throttle body needed to be replaced (not covered under extended warranty) and the car was subsequently traded in quickly to cut any future losses. DUMP YOUR MAZDA CX-LEMON!
  • Your problem sounds very similar to mine. @ around 30,000k my turbo, fuel injectors, plugs, fuel pump and exhaust sensors went. Thankfully this was all covered under warranty. I had very few problems with it except a seal and the odd random check engine light that would come and go, they(dealership) told me not to worry about. I had a gut feelin to sell the car @80,000k but I liked driving the car and its good in the winter roads here in Edmonton. So at 103,000 (3000k past warranty) I had to pull over on the side of the road in small town northern Alberta due to an odd feeling loss of power(not complete loss). Oil all over the ground and on the back of the vehicle. After a $500 tow to town I come to hear that the connecting rod blew out the side of the engine block. $8,000 they want to fix it. Mazda won't cover anything. Even though I just had the 96,000km inspection/synthetic oil change 5,000 k before. Which of course said everything was good. Very frustrating and it's still at the shop because I'm not even sure I want to fix it. Even if I fix and sell it ill have to deal with the guilt of someone else getting hurt financially because of this CX-Lemon
  • laurie17laurie17 Posts: 4
    I've got a 2007 Mazda CX-7 Touring with 132K miles. All of the recalls have been fixed, and I'm getting a consistent CEL with code P2006. Went to Autozone and these are what the notes say could be wrong: 1) Disconnected or damaged vacuum hose, 2) Binding VTC actuator, or 3) VTC solenoid malfunction. Any tips on what I should try to fix first? Has this happened to others of you out there? Thanks!
    my cx7 AWD-GT went bad with similar problems at 75K miles, mazda laughed in my face stating that my problems were from wear and tear.
    I told them that i never had to replace pistons, VVT actuator, belts and hoses along wth a rebuilt of my turbo in any car I owned before 75K miles.
    on top of the electrcal problems that I had which were never solved!
    I drove a 1991 accord with 150K miles and all i did was tires, brakes, water punp and a new radiator at 141K miles. By the way that car is still on the road with over 225K miles today..
    my cx7 was sold at a loss! MAzda will never get my money EVER EVER again!
    mazda sucks, i sold my car at a loss!
    mazda laughed in my face, turbo went out, cylinders had misfiring troubles, the engine needed a rebuilt at 75k miles.
    mazda knows that this car has a lot of design flaws, starting with the turbo cooling and the actual engine design for this car, that is the reason this car is no longer sold in the usa.
    mazda will never get my money or my respect ever again.
  • I bought a used Mazda CX-7 2007 from a dealership with 93K k.m last September,2012. On April, 24, 2013, I was on my way driving home as I heard a bang noise, car lost power and stopped on its own. I tried turning on, but it wouldn't. I towed it to the local Mazda Dealer, after their diagnostic, they told me that the timing chain is broken, which as damaged other pieces inside too. Now, I have to change the whole engine since the engine is blown. There is a "SPECIAL SERVICE PROGRAM SSP 87) from Mazda Canada but they denied taking responsibility as the owner before me, did not change oil at Mazda Dealer so the "Warranty" was cancelled. Mazda dealer estimates the engine replacement cost at about 5000-5500$. I financed this "family" car for 10000$ and I haven't even used it for a year, only 7 months. Now, I have to take another loan to repair it. Horrific!!! Guys, do not buy Mazda, and do not be fooled by the fake Warranty program of Mazda. They always find excuses to deny you any warranty.
    Not Mazda ZOOM ZOOM but Mazda BOOM BOOM BANG!!!