Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Toyota Corolla Problems and Repairs

Comments

• terceltomterceltom Member Posts: 1,024
    I noticed my 2009 Corolla is really showing what I believe is premature front tire wear. I have only 17,500 miles on my 2009 XLE and the front tires don't even seem like they'll get to 25,000 before replacement. I usually don't rotate tires until it's time to replace the fronts then I bring the rears front but I'm going to rotate these tires to the back to extend the life as the rears are looking much better. These are Bridgestone Turanzas size 205/55 R16. Any body else getting better mileage out of these tires?
  • knocker81knocker81 Member Posts: 44
    Your right it is pretty much inline with my foot I was really talking about the console it seems to taper in and it feels like my feet have nowhere to go, just not able to relax. Maybe it's just me but what I really think I narrowed it down to is no thigh support on these seats. I'm looking at the Obusforme seat cushion, I've been reading some reviews and it seems to help with the support problem.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Do you mean that you don't rotate your tires with each oil change? Where we go, they do it for free with each oil change so this way our tires get to be on both axles during their lifetime. Seems to also aid in tire longevity also. Would think it would wear the fronts out prematurely doing it your way. But different strokes for different folks I guess.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Well I change my own oil so rotating my tires would require a special stop at the dealer or my mechanic just for that alone. My 2009 Corolla was only ever in the garage once for that one pedal recall. But besides that I do subscribe to the methodology of running the front tires down pretty far then putting the better rears on the front. No time or mileage interval just when they need it. Then when those fronts wear down I buy new fronts. I only ever buy tires two at a time and always put the news ones on the front. I know, a little strange but I know of others that do it that way too. But my point was that these new fronts wore down awfully fast (17,000 miles).
    edited February 2011
    An alignment check could help solve this problem...have a 3 year policy on both cars & get them done on a regular basis. Best $ I ever spent, but it's just like insurance. Trying to get my girls to do the same thing. But I rotate with every oil change as it's included...so why not. Unfortunately, the shop broke the rear lug on the drivers side on our Mazda3. They had to order the whole part from the dealer & finally installed it this morning. But imagine how many times in 86k miles that a torque wrench was used to tighten/take off that lug nut. Just happened to break when they had the car. So they were responsible for it. It was a royal pain to have to go back & have it done but it's just the cost of business.

But think about an alignment especially if you buy new tires. And as for me, would rather buy 4 at a time & maintain them so they all wear about the same. Don't like buying 2 at a time unless absolutely necessary...which might be the case with my Civic soon unfortunately. Had a out of round tire which they replaced at 11k miles, so it has the best tread of the bunch now.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• carl41carl41 Member Posts: 5
    We have a 2009 Corolla and I agree the seats get mighty stiff on a long drive (over an hour). We also have a 2005 Corolla and those seats are much more comfortable. In fact, I drive the '05 to work which is a 2 hour commute each way and have no complaint about those seats at all. I took the '09 once and after an hour, I was squirming and twisting because my legs and back were on fire. I am so disappointed in the 2009 and how far Toyota has fallen regarding build quality and dependability. Our '05 has never, not once needed to go back to the dealer. This new one has had two recalls and the TSB on the HVAC odor in just the last 24 months. The paint gets scratched just by looking at it hard ! The front bumper cover is held on by cheap plastic attachments to the wheel well liners and have no rigidity at all. I really notice these "downgrades" since I can directly compare the '05 to the '09 sitting right next to each other in the driveway. Now I read on here that the transmission can develop a squeal around 30,000 miles. We haven't reached that mileage yet. I guess the silver lining is that we leased this '09 (or first lease) and got such a great lease deal that it was cheaper to lease and buy it out at the end instead of buying and financing from the get-go. And we were planning to buy it when the lease come up in three months. But now we will turn it in and look for something besides a Toyota.
    What did they do for the A.C. odor?
  • carl41carl41 Member Posts: 5
    Replaced the evaporator. There is a TSB out on it.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. Mine smelled a little this past summer but it was intermittent, so I just used the foam scrub that shoots up the evaporator to disinfect it. I didn't want them tearing my whole dash apart just to change out the evaporator.
  • echo2001echo2001 Member Posts: 17
    Was anyone able to fix 2009 corolla's rattles? I have been to the dealer 5 times and they can't figure it out. I will probably endup replacing this car.

I have knocking noise from the back and another dash rattle in the front. :sick:
    Wasn't aware 2009 Corollas had rattles! Mine doesn't. Shame you have to dump a car because of something as small as rattles. Take it to another Toyota dealer for them to find the noises and demand satisfaction as the car is still under warranty, correct? Drive with them to proove the noise.
  • hank71hank71 Member Posts: 1
    I had the exact same thing happen to me yesterday morning with my 2009 Corolla. The temperature outside was about 5 degrees that morning. Had the car towed to the dealer and they were initially able to duplicate the issue - probably because it was still very cold out when the car got to the shop. They ran diagnostics on the car and everything came back normal. After that it started fine - the temperature had risen significantly by then. So no resolution for me either but wanted to reply that you aren't alone in experiencing this problem.
  • echo2001echo2001 Member Posts: 17
    I tried a couple of dealers but they still can't figure out where the noise is coming from although they are able to hear it so they ended up consulting with toyota canada. I visit them once every month now trying to fix it
    Sounds like your doing everything you can; don't give up, you shouldn't have to be satisfied with a new car that rattles.
  • wins8511wins8511 Member Posts: 1
    My abs and brake lights came on about a month ago. The dealership said they were not positive but they thought it was caused my corrision on my speed sensor and wires. They reset my lights and told me if they came back on to have them replaced. The lights would come on and then go off periodically. Finally my abs system stopped working all together. I am now waiting to see if my insurance will cover the repairs which will cost me $758 plus the mechanic says my other rear sensor is corroded and may do the same thing down the road. I am very frustrated and am wondering if anyone else has had this trouble with their 2009 corrolla? Toyota is a aware of the problem but are not recalling the sensors at this time. My paint also scratches very easily aroound my handles. This car is no living up to what I thought it would be with it having 3 recalls in less than 3 years.
    Haven't had any brake problems with my 2009. If your under 36,000 miles it should be covered under the warranty right? Where did you find out this is a common problem with 2009's? I wasn't able to turn up any TSB's on this.
  • tbowlingtbowling Member Posts: 1
    I have a 2009 toyota corolla and most of the time when I am backing up and then it the brakes to stop I hear a pop noise. It sometimes does it in forward but usually only in reverse. Has anyone else had this problem? It is still under warranty but not for long and I have brought it in a couple times and they are telling me it is normal for corollas and it is just the pads shifting. I dont think toyota would make a car that starts making noise on purpose.
    Also I have brought it in 3 times for a grinding noise that sounds like a pulley. sometimes it is a real quiet noise and sometimes it gets loud. Any ideas??
    I haven't noticed such a noise in my own 2009 Corolla but their explanation does sound feasible as to "pads shifting". I do notice a pad shift on my 2001 Corolla when braking after backing.
  • jasontriccijasontricci Member Posts: 1
    I'd very much be interested in the pdf file you have previously mentioned regarding the whistling noise, as I am currently experiencing the very same problem. My 2009 Corolla has been in the dealership three times for the same problem with no satisfactory repair made.
  • bob436bob436 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2011
    I bought the 2009 Corolla S at the beginning of 2009 and it has been one irritation after the other.

I only bought this wonderful POS because the economy is crap and I got a great deal.
    Going back to my 2003 Corolla S which is a great car compared. I could go to Miami from Tampa and then some on one tank of gas. This 2009 (be it weighs a little more) takes over a tank of gas just to make it to Miami.

When I took the car to get serviced, because Toyota in their Genius now keeps me from changing my own oil filter, they re-flashed the computer and now I get a couple more miles to the gallon. All in all I calculated 23 MPG highway. Far from the advertised 35 MPG sticker.

I vowed never to buy another Toyota after my 2003 because when I went to trade that in for a Sienna it had only 700 miles and 6 months on it and they wanted to only give $10,500 for trade in for a $18,000 car. So much for their loyalty program.

If their is a solution anyone please let me know.

Other irritations. That retarded seatbelt buzzer which there is no way to disable outside of ripping your dash out. The new oil filter that you need special tools for.
    My drivers seat lowers itself and I have to raise it every time I sit down.
    Great that I have a service light which is ONLY a reminder that it's time for service and NOT an actual problem (I know how to turn this off).
    The CD player locked up on more than one occasion.
    Going through a paperwork hassle to get nitrogen put into your tires.
    Seatbelt buzzes continuously AFTER my front seat passenger leaves the vehicle.

I swear I will never buy another Toyota after this, there is to much competition to put up with it any longer.
    edited June 2011
    I must say sounds like you do have some issues but some of your problems are either from misinformation, trying to by-pass safety equipment or brought on by your own doing. I have a 2009 XLE that has given me great service and I just love it. As far as gas mileage you definitely have some kind of problem there. I get 39 MPG highway with air conditioning on going 70 MPH. Thank God Toyota stymied you with trying to disable your seatbelt buzzer. Had it not be for them you might be more likely to kill yourself. There absolutely is no special tools needed to change the 2009/2010 oil filter. All you do is twist the plastic cover off with your hand and use the same type of oil filter wrench you would have to use for any other motor vehicle made. The "service required" light is just a friendly reminder to change your oil, you still have the basic "check engine" light every other motor vehicle has. I have no idea of what your talking about when you say you need paperwork to put nitrogen into your tires. First off why would you want to even put nitrogen into your tires when it's added benefits have been unproven and even retracted. Secondly, why in the world would you need paperwork for this? As far as the C.D. player goes, are you using only prerecorded C.D.'s? In the manual it states C.D.'s other than prerecorded C.D.'s might cause the player to not function correctly. Okay, so you get your Toyota dealer to fix your passenger seat issue and correct your gas mileage problem (unless these issues might also be brought on by something of your own doing) and you'll have yourself one fine automobile !
    Thanks for the lecture but just like everyone who wants to put their two cents in rather than answer the question in all these forums.

YES, I GET IT...The seatbelt is a safety feature and I use it.
    But, if I don't want to then...you know, that's on me and has NOTHING to do with you and/or Toyota. The light can blink all day but just like an annoying reminder that my meal is ready the Microwave oven still has to chirp.

It's MY car, my property complete and paid for and if I don't want the seatbelt to make a buzzing sound then that is my right and not Toyota's obligation.
    If I feel like taking a crap in the back seat is that Toyota's business as well?

As far as Nitrogen, it's part of the package and I have to go through a process to get it put in the tires regardless of what the studies you quote show. Of which you didn't quote any, you just pass on what you heard.

The service engine light is an unnecessary feature and I will service the equipment on MY time not Toyota's. I went in there to get the oil changed and the dude put Tire Rotation as well and I had to go behind and REMIND him that I was there for the Oil Change and then I got the lecture on so many miles blah blah.

I'm a grown man, I can do my own maintenance just like I can take my own groceries to the car.

When I go to these forums and blogs I would really appreciate solutions and not opinions and lectures if you don't mind. I've noticed everywhere on the net, especially on Yahoo Answers that you say the same thing and if it's not you it's one of your representatives.
    Ugh Oh, I goofed ! I got my two Corollas mixed up (2001 and 2009). I gave wrong information regarding the oil filter for the 2009/2010 Corollas. The 2009/2010 do have the plastic cap that just gets twisted off as I stated, but underneath is the small paper filter that needs to be changed. So actually, for the poster in message #838 no tools at all are actually needed to change the oil filter in the newer Corollas, not even an oil filter wrench. In fact, I've read that this plastic filter cap can be cracked if an oil filter wrench is used to remove it. I only ever changed my oil once on my 2009 XLE and it was a breeze.
    Can't fault Toyota for the seat belt light as it was NEVER intended to be over ridden.

No, if you choose to use your rear seat as a toilet that's your problem but it's Toyota's problem to see to it that every possible safety issue is addressed when building a car.
  • circuitsmithcircuitsmith Member Posts: 117
    "rather than answer the question in all these forums."

I read a lot of complaining in your first post, but no question.

"It's MY car, my property [blah blah blah]"

Perhaps you should have a car custom made to your exact preferences, then pay off a few senators to get a waiver from federal safety standards.

So you don't believe in tire rotation, yet you think a little extra nitrogen will make some difference?
    Hint: regular air is 80% nitrogen.

"I would really appreciate solutions and not opinions and lectures if you don't mind"

You can always ask for your money back!
    edited June 2011
    "I've noticed everywhere on the net, especially on Yahoo Answers that you say the same thing and if it's not you it's one of your representatives".

Really? I don't even have a Yahoo acct.

The only representative I have is my wife . . . . . LOL

You know one thing I notice on these Toyota Corolla threads is that some of you new Corolla owners that bit*h about your car, don't like it when others claim how much they like their Corollas. If we say something positive about our cars all of a sudden we're Toyota representatives. You gotta remember 99.9 % of us Toyota Corolla owners REALLY DO like our cars and want to let others know that, just as you want others to know how disappointed you are with your car. We understand that some of you might not have been as fortunate as the rest of us to get a perfectly working Corolla, but that's no reason to blast the rest of us. Some of us have always tried our best to help resolve issues others have had as they come up or give our advice as a multiple Corolla owner many times over.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    I vowed never to buy another Toyota after my 2003 because when I went to trade that in for a Sienna it had only 700 miles and 6 months on it and they wanted to only give $10,500 for trade in for a $18,000 car. So much for their loyalty program.

That's the dealer, not Toyota screwing you over.

Oil filter - yes, a little harder than the old style, but if you get buy the right cap wrench, it is still pretty easy. Other makes beside Toyota are doing the same thing with the cartridge style filter.

Nitrogen - dealer, not Toyota.

My wife's gets great fuel efficiency, no issues, no issues with anything else. Sorry to hear your issues.

Service light - no issue, most other makes doing the same thing, takes < 30 seconds to reset.

CD - take to dealer.

Toyota Nation - you can also check that forum.
    1st off I'm not a NEW Toyota owner, the last 2 cars I owned were from Toyota dealers and brand new cars. The first Toyota dealer ripped me off and being that was my first new car I wasn't savvy to working with them plus I was in the military and deployed shortly after buying so not much recourse while I'm in the field.

As far as the trade in value that was EVERY Toyota dealer I went to and that was 5 of them between Owego New York to Tampa Florida. Ohhh, we have to make our money back...by ripping me off $7,000 dollars and I have to finish paying off the trade in?

The only reason I got a decent deal was because Toyota was desperate because of the economy and not because I was a valued customer.

I have found (minus Verizon) that I am all of a sudden a valued person in society because I have a retirement check and no credit cards in a crappy economy. Businesses need me all of a sudden. NOW I'm their best friend. Before the economy crashed I was just another douchbag off the street and whoever denies this fact about US Businesses is living in fantasy land. Now I am Mr. or Sir...

Either way, the 2009 Corolla has been plagued with problems and in my view a POS but it was better than the Firebird that is overweight and over priced for a car that has no traction and fishtails because of a poor design. The price you pay for that garbage and no posi.

Anyway, I had a friend at his garage turn off that worthless buzzer with just a press of a keypad. It's a menu option on his computer hookup and look mom...I still wear my seatbelts. Not because my GOVERNMENT tells me to and threatens me with a $200 fine. Because it makes me and my kids safe. Big brother is not necessary for me to be a decent citizen and use common sense.
    On the contrare, I'm sure bussinesss' would value you even more if you had some established credit and an a regular income other than just a retirement check. But that's way off topic here.

You sound very angry at Toyota just because you couldn't over ride the seatbelt buzzer; is it really worth getting your blood pressure up over? If you ever sell your Corolla I hope you do the sensible thing and hook the buzzer back up for the next owner so he might have a chance to survive a crash.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    Let's avoid making this personal. Regardless of how you may feel about another member's posts, namecalling and personal insults aren't allowed.

The best policy is to simply ignore posts that you don't like.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

edited June 2011
    Thanks for the advice yet he started talking about my credit and what not.

Put it this way. I am a retired veteran who EARNED his place in society and I let no business take advantage of me or my earnings especially when the blanket of safety I provided for them allows them to rip me off.

Verizon knows that for a fact when I told them to dig up the fiber optic cable in my yard because it's on private property. After that they AGREED to honor their original price quote before they inflated it by $100.00

As for my last post, YOUR censorship doesn't prove anything other than the truth hurts and censorship is exactly what happens when someone wants to prove their point of view. CNN as well as fox, you get away with it because you have the keys to the website.

Allow me to say one last thing and that is just because YOU delete it here doesn't mean the problems go away. The same issues with the car and that last blogger still exist no matter how much you want to erase it or hide the truth.
    edited June 2011
    I believe you brought up your credit first, but anyway perhaps we should stay on topic, does anyone have any "2009 Toyota Corolla Problems and Repairs" we could discuss?

How about this one? I had my water pump replaced two weeks ago on my 2009 Corolla XLE. It has only 15,000 miles on it but I had it 34 months already. Took it in for the pedal cut down and I just mentioned to the dealer of just a slight odor of coolant, never any symptoms. I was pleasantly surprised when I picked it up that they did a water pump replacement no questions asked. Dealer said he didn't want to take any chances with my warranty expiring very soon. Now that's real TOYOTA LOYALTY ! ! !
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Water pump is warranted for 5 years, 60,000 miles (power train). Water pumps seem to be a problem, but I read elsewhere that Toyota has put in a better design one when you get it replaced.
  • cass01cass01 Member Posts: 10
    edited June 2011
    We have a 2009 Corolla also. It has 25000 miles on it and we are at 34 months. We just had the water pump replaced. I had been hearing a slight high pitched squeaking with the blower OFF and when I turned the blower on the squeaking would speed up and then stop. I took it in to the dealer and the tech almost immediately said it was the water pump. There was evidence of coolant on the belt. (By the way, the water pump is covered by the 60,000 mile powertrain warranty).
    This makes me a little nervous about another potential recall for Toyota. Why in the world are water pumps going out at ridiculously low mileage? There is no reason for them to be going out. The tech was not surprised when he saw the pump was bad. Told me it was the seal. Not good Toyota, not good.
    That's good to know!
  • sjareasjarea Member Posts: 49
    edited July 2011
    mcdawgg,

"Water pumps seem to be a problem, but I read elsewhere that Toyota has put in a better design one when you get it replaced. "

Would you happen to have the link to share? TIA

EDIT:
    Found some. No need to post link. TY.
    Well like any other new vehicles sometimes a major part does not work out like the manufacturer had hoped it would. Anyway, the reason the tech. knew the pump was likely bad immediately was because a TSB has been issued for these bad water pumps, Had mine replaced on my 2009 at 15.000 miles.
    I just hope the new pumps are better than the ones they replace. I REALLY don't want to replace it every 15-20 thousand miles.
    Oh boy oh boy, did you ever touch a nerve. We have a 09 Corolla that has done that since day one. It now has 25,000 miles. The dropping of rev's is really bad around 30-40 mph. It was horrible when we first purchased the car. The dealer basically said that all Toyota's did this and to just deal with it. We took the car to another dealer and he reset the computer which did help some, but it still wants to drop rev's when in the 30-40 range. However, with the cruise on, it only does it occasionally.
    If you have come across a solution to the problem, PLEASE let me know. I would love to keep my sanity when I have to drive 30 mph.
  • sjareasjarea Member Posts: 49
    "The dealer basically said that all Toyota's did this and to just deal with it." Hmm, heard that one before...

Anyway, I would suggest if are driving 30-40MPH try bumping it from 'D' to '3' and see is that helps. I surprised (no, not really) that the dealer/service rep couldn't even recommend that to you.

As per my manual on p139 shift position 3 can handle up to 81MPH for either the 2.4L or 1.8L. Hope it helps.
    I don't know, it sounds like basic automatic upshifting to me. RPM's will drop when it upshifts.
    I would not mind it if it only did it once every 10 minutes. But it will buck on me sometimes every minute or MORE. (It kind of feels like someone has put a chain on the back bumper and pulls real hard). As I said it was really bad when we first purchased it. Now it is better. Or maybe I've learned to deal with it. When you are forking over $20,000, sometimes you just have to swallow the bile in the back of your throat. For some reason, it does not fight the rev's as bad when it is in cruise. Go figure. Thank you for your suggestion. I had tried that a while back. Did not help too much unfortunately. But again, thank you.
  • windgracewindgrace Member Posts: 84
    So I have a 2010 Corolla. I bought the car used as a previous rental with 9500 miles for under $15k a few months ago, which was a stellar deal at the time with used car prices being ridiculous. I don't have any lights on my dash, but I have a question about the brakes. I notice that when braking over uneven road (paved or unpaved) the brake pedal sometimes feels like it's shaking. I get the same feeling when braking suddenly. However it doesn't happen under normal braking (haven't gotten the chance to test it out on wet pavement). I took it to the dealership and they said the brakes were fine and that it is just the ABS system doing its job. Is this true? I have driven cars with ABS and I haven't felt the actual pedal vibrate before. Should I take it to a mechanic and get the drums/rotors checked out? I don't know how I feel about the Toyota dealership I bought the car from. I went back 2 weeks after I bought the car because of a rattle from the driver side seatbelt pillar (B pillar). They couldn't find the rattle. Went back again a month later and they said they found the rattle and repaired it but it's still there...
  • pekelvrpekelvr Member Posts: 61
    That's actually correct. It is a safety feature and it simply means the brakes are recalibrating due to the uneven ground or even moisture in the drums. I live by a theory though, Toyota is going to look out for Toyota. Go to an independent mechanic that you believe has a good reputation and that you can trust for any evaluation of a feature in your car in order to put the mind at ease. :shades:
    I would have to agree with the dealer's technician in that I think it's ABS kicking in a little prematurely. That being said, to assure yourself why not take it to a different dealer in your area for a brake inspection. Should be under the warranty yet, right?
    When my mom had a Rav4 she took it to an independent technician who worked at a Toyota dealership for many years and knows the cars backwards and forwards...he's very competent. I think when I hit 15k in a few months I'm gonna take it to him for the check-up. I'll ask about the brakes then. In the other thread I posted this in I was told it is possibly because of the tires, which are crappy goodyear oe ones.
    That would be a good idea however, you'll then have to pay for it vs. just going to another Toyota Dealer.
    I think the next closest Toyota dealership is even worse in the service department than the one I bought the car from, though. :confuse: Since I bought the car with 9.5k miles on it I still have to pay for the 15k maintenance though...I still want this rattle dealt with.

Even though I still have some treadwear left on the tires (not sure how to estimate how much I have left, but I have a while before the treadwear bar) but would it be worth chucking the goodyears for some decent tires? I live at about 2500 feet near the Sierra Nevadas so snow comes through maybe 5-6 days a year but in like 3 months or so we're gonna get rain and I'm worried that if my ABS system is overreacting because these tires suck I am worried about what will happen in the rain...
    Well the rattle is a warranty issue so you wouldn't have to pay for that. I wouldn't know about the cost of the pre-determined maitenence schedule needs (other than they are expensive) because with all of my past and present Toyotas I have never taken any of them in for those rip-off appts. All I do is gas them up, change the oil and filters every 4 K miles, keep an eye on the tires, check the brakes and I never have any problems. Example: I have a 2001 Corolla I bought new in 2000; the thing has never been in the shop execpt for brake pad replacement and tires, I do the oil changes. It runs like a clock! My 2009 Corolla has only been in for the recalls. Well, best of luck with your issues.
    I'd look in the manual and just do what is recommended...nothing more/nothing less. Some of the things the dealer wants to do are unnecessary. Or ask in here or your private ex-Toyota mechanic. I did both and the folks in here were quite helpful. Since my car is a bit over 5 years but has just over 32k on the clock, I did the usual oil change/rotation & alignment stuff. But I also changed out the brake fluid and the tranny fluid due to the age of the car as recommended by Isell I think. I want to keep this car for another 5 or so years, so it was $ well spent. Now that my a/c compressor is bad, I'm gonna have to go back to Honda and see if they'll help me with a part that seems to have worn out prematurely...we shall see what happens!

just do what's necessary on your car...if you let them, the service writers "might" sell you more than you need. Good luck!!