Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mitsubishi Lancer Prototype-S

rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
edited March 2014 in Mitsubishi
Making its global debut at the Geneva Show, the Prototype-S is derived from the Lancer sports sedan (Galant Fortis on the Japanese market) currently on sale in most Mitsubishi Motors markets worldwide.

Distinguished by the inverted-slant nose with trapezoidal grille front fascia that comprise the Mitsubishi Motors new design identity, and with purposeful, wide-and-low proportions; Prototype-S uses exterior lines to craft a shape that is powerful and sporty. The use of 215/45R19 tires on 19-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels adds to the tautly muscular and road-hugging image the styling projects.

Prototype-S uses a new 2.0-liter MIVEC*1 4-cylinder DOHC intercooled / turbocharged engine, developing maxima of 240 PS and 35 kg-m that will also power the Lancer Ralliart due to go on sale in North America in the summer of 2008. The power unit is mated to Mitsubishi Motors's high-efficiency Twin Clutch SST*2 automated manual transmission that gives the driver simple control of and feel-good access to the car's exhilaratingly sporty performance. The full-time 4WD driveline features Mitsubishi Motors' Active Center Differential (ACD) that uses an electronically controlled multi-plate hydraulic clutch to optimally tailor front / rear drive torque vectoring to different driving conditions and deliver the best balance between steering response and traction.

Comments

• mikevegas06mikevegas06 Member Posts: 272
    Looks good. I think there's room for it in Mitsu's North American lineup. Now, I wonder if we'll see it over here as a Mitsu or a Peugeot ;)
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    US will already be getting the 4 door version of this car in the last half of 2008 as the Lancer Ralliart. I guess it's a "wait and see" for MMNA whether they will import the Euro 5-door version too.
  • elgatolocoelgatoloco Member Posts: 92
    Mitsubishi Motors released a position paper today ( Friday, Feb. 29 ) titled STEP UP 2010.

The paper claimed that a "Sport Hatchback Lancer model" would soon join the current Lancer line-up in North America.

No date was given.
  • dan5678dan5678 Member Posts: 28
    Size, looks, & practical amount of doors all look good.

I could probably live with swapping the intercooled turbo & AWD for MPG, FWD and a toned-down wing tho'.

Wonder if that will be an option?
This discussion has been closed.