Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Bravada

Comments

• Hello All... I am having problems with my rear window wiper getting caught between the window and hatchback... I replace the wiper with a thicker blade and it is still happening... I'm afraid of breaking the wiper off or burning up the motor so for temporary I moved the wiper up so it lays on the rear window and I can't open the window... any suggestions??? :confuse:
  • there are two fuse boxes ,one is under the hood and one is under the back seat on drivers side it is a black box,and for the dome light you need to change your control setting on the steering wheel lower right hand it has a arrow shape on it hope this helps.
  • I knew about other fuse box located behind the driver's side but I cant find anything listed about fuses for the heated seats but there are abbreviations that I don't know what they mean... :confuse: with the dome light I figured it out... my dome lamp override option was set to remain off so I changed the setting... thanks for the input... Have a nice day!!! :)
  • We had this problem with our 99 Bravada. The dealer replaced the entire turn signal assembly, it cost about $1000 if I remember correctly. I had replaced the flasher with no success.
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Posts: 414
    Hope this info helps. Included a link to more info at bottom

HEATED SEATS SYSTEM COMPONENTS
    The heated seats system for the driver and passenger seat consists of the following components:

Driver and passenger door modules
    Driver and passenger heated seat switches
    Driver and passenger seat back heater elements
    Driver and passenger seat back heat sensors
    Driver and passenger seat cushion heater elements
    Memory seat module
    Passenger seat module
    HEATED SEATS SYSTEM OPERATION
    The driver and passenger heated seats have 2 heat zone operating modes with 3 heat level modes and will operate only while the engine is running. The heat zones are determined by which of the 2 heated seat buttons are pressed, while the heat level is determined by the number of times they are pressed. Pressing the seat cushion button 1 time will activate the seat back and cushion heater elements in the high mode. Each time the seat cushion button is pressed the seat back and cushion heat level is reduced from high to medium, low, and off. Pressing the heated seat back button 1 time will activate only the seat back heater element in the high mode. Each time the seat back button is pressed the seat back heat level is reduced from high to medium, low, and off. During heated seat operation the heat zone operating mode may be changed without affecting the current heat level mode.

The heated seat switches are momentary contact switches and are inputs to the driver and passenger door modules. Battery voltage is supplied to the switch assembly from the door module, and when a heated seat switch is pressed and released a brief switch signal voltage is supplied to the door module. Whenever the door module receives an active heated seat switch input, the next heated seat operating mode is determined by whatever the current mode may be. The seat heater elements are controlled by the driver memory and passenger seat modules using inputs from the door modules through Class 2 serial data circuit messages. When activating any of the heated seat operating modes, the seat module switches battery voltage to the heater element supply circuits. All of the seat heater elements are grounded by the seat modules through individual low reference circuits. The heater element low reference circuits are pulse width modulated control circuits and are used by the seat modules to control the seat heat zones and temperatures by regulating the current flow through the heater elements. The seat modules rely on inputs from thermistors installed in the driver and passenger seat backs to control heated seat temperatures. The thermistors are 2 wire sensors supplied with a 5-volt referenced signal circuit and a low reference circuit from the memory seat module. Resistance through the thermistors varies with temperature causing the heated seat sensor signal circuit voltage levels to increase as the seat back temperatures rise. The seat modules allow heated seat operation only while the engine is running which is determined by a Class 2 serial data circuit message from the powertrain control module.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=4643734#post4643734
  • atfdmikeatfdmike Posts: 414
    Hi, Some codes can be set for the Transfer Case control module. you will need to have the codes read first to see if there are any.
    Automatic 4WD

A scan tool must be used to retrieve DTCs from the Transfer Case Control Module (TCCM) memory. The use of a Tech 1 scan tool or equivalent will be needed to obtain both current and history DTCs.

C0300 Rear Speed Sensor Malfunction

C0305 Front Speed Sensor Malfunction

C0308 Motor A/B Circuit Low

C0309 Motor A/B Circuit High

C0310 Motor A/B Circuit Open

C0315 Motor Ground Circuit Open

C0374 General System Malfunction

C0376 Front/Rear Shaft Speed Mismatch

C0550 ECU Malfunction

C0611 VIN Information Error

C0895 Device Voltage Malfunction

good luck
  • leslee76leslee76 Posts: 4
    Hello All... I have an update on the heated seat problem... I still haven't figured out what's going on with the heated seat and now I noticed that none of the adjustments for the driver seat is working either. :cry: I checked under the seats to make sure everything was connected properly and everything looks good. the passenger side is still fully functional. I also checked the fuse box under the back seat and all is good there... If anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. :confuse: I would hate to waste extra money if I am able to fix myself... Have a wonderful day!!! :)
  • mjgorgemjgorge Posts: 2
    Yes, I have a 1999 Bravada. This morning when I put the key in to start it, I turned the key and nothing happened. The key was stuck and couldn't get it out. I do know there is a small hole on the steering column that you can insert a ball point pen it releases the key. But all the lights on the dash where blinking and on the right side of the dashboard there was a clicking sound. Could this be a short in wiring or bad fuse? Anyone have any suggestions?
    HELP
    :confuse:
  • 33mac33mac Posts: 2
    Hello
    I just bought my wife a 1998 olds bravada.beautifull rig.went on a trip, and now the icon on the dash(little red man sitting with seatbelt and circle in his lap)comes on some times ,and goes out,some times for minute. sometimes stays on all day. is this the service air bag warning,is there a way to reset it, will the air bag go off,
    any info
    Thanks
    MAC
  • repairdogrepairdog Posts: 948
    You can pull the fuse and clear it but to determine the reson requires a scanner that reads body codes - ie the dealer and it can be one of the sensors up front or a connection problem so get it checked out.
  • alcaalca Posts: 1
    Hi, my name is Al and I am looking at a 98 Bravada with 134K miles for my son. The car appears to be in good conditions but I am concerned with being able to get parts when the need arises. I have read Olds are being phased out and have checked GMC web site and did not find very inspiring regarding how they are taking care of the owners for parts and service. I am in Houston-Texas and I am not familiar with this particular car. Is there anyone out there that can help me or comment on this regard.. Also if you happen to have an average miles/gallon, that would help in the decision making process.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Al
  • douglas281douglas281 Posts: 4
    I have a 2000 Bravada. I have 127000 miles on it and since about 30000 miles it have been getting stuck in full AWD. My GM dealer has been flushing the transfer case every 3 to 5 months. Now it is stuck in full AWD and will not come out of it. The dealer flushed it 2 times in one day and that did not help. They said I need a new transfer case now. Any one have ideas. That is a lot of money
  • dsetchdsetch Posts: 4
    I just bought a 99 Bravada a few months back. I did get it wholesale for $3200 with 105k miles. I know that these are basically the same car with nicer features as the GMC Jimmy. So parts are very easy to come by. One thing that is common is the ball joints tend to go out if not lubed properly. I had to replace mine and the dealer wants $1000 but I did it for around $200. Make sure it's passed inspection and you know the ball joints are okay. I mean to make sure it's passed within the past few months! I love my Bravada. Nice and smooth ride and it looks good. I get about 18 miles to the gallon, but hey... it's what most SUV's get.
  • I own a 1999 bravada mine had 104,000 when i got it which is much more than you but i have spoke with many people about these vehicles heres what i have been told....The climate control has many issues, my heat is stuck on full blast cant get it to turn off...I have been told it is about $1200 to fix. Wheel barrings go very easy..i am about to fix my second one. The smart track is very sensative if its off even a little it will cause the 4 wheel to stay on...also Mine is jerking, and skipping when i turn at s slow speed...I also but a new motor in it already...it went about two weeks after i bought it...i dont mean to be so negative but that is just my experience with it.

Amanda
  • Hello guys,
    I have a problem with my power windows. They will go up about 2 inches then stop. A few minutes later another couple inches, then stop. This is happening w/my driver side and both rear windows. To make matters worse the temp. all week is close to 100 where I'm located (NC) and my AC is on the fritz which wouldn't be so bad if we didn't have the hit-or-miss thunderstorms. Has anyone had this prob. and if so is it something I could do myself or would it take a mech? Thanks in advance for any help.
    Brenda
    I wouldn't think it's the window motors because they wouldn't all have the same problem. It sounds like a short somewhere in the wiring which would mean a mechanic would be best to look at it. We've been over 100 degrees for 5 days now in St. Louis. I hate it.
  • i just bought a 96 bravada and the guy i got it from said it leaks oil from were the oil filter was before they had to move it to fit the bravada. is this true and how do i stop the leak.
  • has anybody have any good luck or bad luck with the 1996 bravada.
  • Hi, I own a 2002 Olds Bravada and have this weird problem that nobody seems to know what it is, I took it to a garage and they did an inspection that cost me $200 dollars fo nothing!!
    When I turn to move forward it feels like my wheels are locked and like I have the hand-break on, so I have to give gas so it moves, but if I release the gas the car stops like I'm on parking until I push on the gas again!!!! Same thing for reverse, it's really weird but I think it might be that there is a leak somewhere in the hydraulic system, if anyone knows anything please help me out!!!!!!
    thanks
    Check some earlier posts. Same thing on all Bravada's. Change the differential fluid and it should clear up the problem.
    Check post #58 and try getting some money back from your crooked mechanic!
  • Hi

I live in Arizona, we only have license plates on the back, I now have a vanity plate for the front and find there is no way to put it on......any ideas, I assume I need to purchase a bracket.

Thanks

Rich
  • My mirrors on the outside of the car had a mind of there own. Is there anyway to reset them? Also problem with misfire on the car as well. Can you help me with this
  • wendawenda Posts: 2
    Hello my name is wenda,
    I have a 99 bravada. occasionally after turning off my bravada when I go to start it again it will turn over but wont start. After letting it sit for awhile it usually comes back on but tonight it decided it wouldn't start up again. I'm not sure what to think. Any answers? Also my security system has been acting funny and comes on when it shouldn't and my stereo switches it self from one thing to another and sometimes shuts it self off. I don't know if its a computer problem or not. In addition to when I crank the wheel one way or the other all the way it jerks and hops!!! I have a two yearold daughter and live in northwestern pa...Its cold here so my car not acting right is a big deal...if anyone has answers please let me know
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,110
    A car may have difficulty restarting if your battery is weak or your fuel system is clogged. Considering the other symptoms you describe, the first thing I would do is have the battery and alternator checked.

Good luck!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • wendawenda Posts: 2
    The battery and alternator are good I had them check. I was told it was the fuel pump. I called every parts dealer with in 50miles of here and they said they don't sell refurbished ones or used ones b/c they fuel pump system for the bravada's are just poorly designed and they aren't worth it.... Thank you for your help. I found a new fuel pump for $225.....I wish I would of known about this site before I bought the thing everything I have read about the bravada's just about is wrong with mine the fuel pump the climate control is stuck on one setting and the jerking when the wheel is cranked...Does anyone have trouble with their back brakes seizing up?
  • Hello Im new to this forumn but im a mechanic . My bravada was binding and we changed the oil in the transfer case. Now the AWD is not working . It keeps blowing the fuse under the hood when I move the car. With the fuse replaced and the scan tool hooked up there is a clicking noise from behind the glove box when clearing codes. However there are no codes showing . The Service AWD light is on . Anyone have any ideas ???? Thanks
  • hello, i was wondering if anyone has had any problems with there back windshield wiper not working and wiper sprayer also, we checked fuses and everything we can think of and it still wont work, please respond if you had have troubles with yours and what the problem was and how did you sole it thanks, :confuse:
  • hi , it was working last year , but this year it doesntm when you step on brakes the traction device doesnt kick in when you are on ice or snow , we cant figure it out , has anyone had this problem and what can it be m does it need to be fixed or is it a simple project where i dont need to have amechanic workmon it, please respond and thanks :confuse:
  • hi can anyone tell me what might be causing my awd not to kick in when on ice or snow, and now my sevice light is on any ideas :confuse: