Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oldsmobile Bravada

12345679»

Comments

• My 1994 Oldsmobile Bravada has only 78,000 miles on it. I have had several things done, but mostly it's ok, best part is I don't have a car payment. My problem is really annoying, the speedometer has started fading and sometimes shows up and sometimes doesn't. I have been told that it may be a fuse but I don't know where to check to see if that's the problem. Can anyone help? If it's not the fuse I have checked with the dealer and they only want $400.00 to repair since it's a dealer part only and is all electrical so....can anyone help me by telling me where to check the fuse? Thanks.
  • it might be the egr valve my 1995 jimmy did the same thing and i just unhooked it
  • That happen too me. I had a flat tire so i changed it, but the tire i put on was a diffrent size,they all have too be the same size.
  • sara; I had a flat tire so i changed it,but the tire i put on was a differnt size tire. so you mite want too check that.
    denny
  • I bought my son his first vehicle, a 98 Bravada. We've had it less than a week and so far the major problem we have come across is the lights in for the gauge cluster in the dash are not coming on. First I thought it was a blown bulb so we replaced that. When we were putting the dash back together, I turned the truck on and turned on the headlights and got nothing. So I jiggled some wires thinking that it might've been a short or a loose wire and still nothing. It was getting dark so my son decided to put everything back together and try again in the morning. When he reconnected the connector for the dome/fog light, everything came back on. But when he moved the dashboard to put it back in place, everything went back out again. Again, I jiggled wires and nothing, not even a flicker. Now there's no lights in the dash and when he turns on the headlights, the radio lights go out along with the compass/MPG gauge located overhead. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?
  • i was getting about 14.2 city and decided that was low enough, i purchased a k-n intake kit and noticed @ least a 1.8 mpg increase instantly.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,024

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• hi i have a 2000 bravada i bought a month ago and its had the abs light on since. it has 113000 miles on it. the brakes seem to work fine but when you turn at low speeds under 20 mph you can feel the brakes engaging and it stops the truck and when you give it gas it squaks the tires. i replaced both wheel bearings and the driver side axle because somebody striped the threads for the axle nut. after i replaced the wheel bearings with the sensor and all the abs light was still on and continued to stop the truck. i took it to autozone and he said the left wheel bearing wasnt showing up. but i just replaced it with new sensor connected.
    any information or ideas what to do next???
    any help would be much appreciated.. thank you
  • flopsy1flopsy1 Posts: 1
    We have an 04 Bravada; started during warranty with a soft "clank" during first 40 seconds or so of driving; never found anything wrong; now, out of warrant, the clank (sounds like what in an older car would be the rear end clanging) is louder and has started it on deceleration. This has stumped two mechanics, including one gm mechanic. Solution???
  • goboygoboy Posts: 1
    Did you ever figure out the cause of the dead battery? I have the same vehicle and same issue.
  • n3nxon3nxo Posts: 1
    I too am having simular problem. In the winter time, all is dandy, but in the summer time, with 80 and 90 degree temps, I can be going along and it feels as if I am running out of gas. Pull off the side of the road, wait 15 to 20 minutes, and I can start up once again. Only problem is it keeps shutting off but only after a few miles each time after. I have checked fuel presure when it was acting up, reading 40 to 50 psi. I am thinking myself, (I am not a Mechanic) it's either the fuel pump going bad AGAIN, or the presure regulator. Reading specs on the regulator, I have found 65 PSI, and the fuel pump from 60 to 90 PSI. It actually acts like it is VAPOR LOCKING, which I have been told is impossible with fuel injection???
  • kzenkzen Posts: 6
    Hot weather and Bravadas don't get along, I just got suckered into another fuel pump two weeks ago. It took me two hours to get home from a 15 mile trip and my car actually died in front of my mechanic's station. I spoke to him about the possibility of it being the ECM but he told me that it couldn't be because when he "sprayed" the fuel pump (I have no idea what he sprayed) he said the car started right up and if it was the ECM, the car wouldn't have started, so, another freaking fuel pump and another $800.00 and I still have the problem. I've given up driving any distance in this hot weather. Have you been able to find anything out?
  • rvbikenrvbiken Posts: 1
    i have an 03 bravada that clanks and rattles over rough surfaces. mechanic said emergency brakes guts broke free replaced them. still rattles. tranny went bad while another mechanic was repairing that he discovered the cause and repaired it, but to find it the vehicle had to be off the suspension and retighten, good for 10.000 miles clanken again. love my bravada...
  • I just bought a 94 Bravada,The battery will not stay charged,The altenator,starter and battery all test good,Why is it that everyday I have a completely dead battery
  • bct41551bct41551 Posts: 5

I have a 2002 bravada. The dash says "unknown driver". Fan mptor woks, radio works, seats work. Windows do not, locks do not, and it will not turn over. Help please!