Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Oldsmobile Bravada

12346»

Comments

• flopsy1flopsy1 Member Posts: 1
    We have an 04 Bravada; started during warranty with a soft "clank" during first 40 seconds or so of driving; never found anything wrong; now, out of warrant, the clank (sounds like what in an older car would be the rear end clanging) is louder and has started it on deceleration. This has stumped two mechanics, including one gm mechanic. Solution???
  • ajsbravadaajsbravada Member Posts: 2
  • goboygoboy Member Posts: 1
    Did you ever figure out the cause of the dead battery? I have the same vehicle and same issue.
  • n3nxon3nxo Member Posts: 1
    I too am having simular problem. In the winter time, all is dandy, but in the summer time, with 80 and 90 degree temps, I can be going along and it feels as if I am running out of gas. Pull off the side of the road, wait 15 to 20 minutes, and I can start up once again. Only problem is it keeps shutting off but only after a few miles each time after. I have checked fuel presure when it was acting up, reading 40 to 50 psi. I am thinking myself, (I am not a Mechanic) it's either the fuel pump going bad AGAIN, or the presure regulator. Reading specs on the regulator, I have found 65 PSI, and the fuel pump from 60 to 90 PSI. It actually acts like it is VAPOR LOCKING, which I have been told is impossible with fuel injection???
  • kzenkzen Member Posts: 6
    Hot weather and Bravadas don't get along, I just got suckered into another fuel pump two weeks ago. It took me two hours to get home from a 15 mile trip and my car actually died in front of my mechanic's station. I spoke to him about the possibility of it being the ECM but he told me that it couldn't be because when he "sprayed" the fuel pump (I have no idea what he sprayed) he said the car started right up and if it was the ECM, the car wouldn't have started, so, another freaking fuel pump and another $800.00 and I still have the problem. I've given up driving any distance in this hot weather. Have you been able to find anything out?
  • kzenkzen Member Posts: 6
  • rvbikenrvbiken Member Posts: 1
    i have an 03 bravada that clanks and rattles over rough surfaces. mechanic said emergency brakes guts broke free replaced them. still rattles. tranny went bad while another mechanic was repairing that he discovered the cause and repaired it, but to find it the vehicle had to be off the suspension and retighten, good for 10.000 miles clanken again. love my bravada...
  • 94bravadaowner94bravadaowner Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a 94 Bravada,The battery will not stay charged,The altenator,starter and battery all test good,Why is it that everyday I have a completely dead battery
  • bct41551bct41551 Member Posts: 5

I have a 2002 bravada. The dash says "unknown driver". Fan mptor woks, radio works, seats work. Windows do not, locks do not, and it will not turn over. Help please!