Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Nissan Maxima

Comments

• user421229user421229 Member Posts: 6
    Before Taxes the final price was 34, 709.00
    Again thats the SV w/premium package tints and spoiler.
  • bigdad3bigdad3 Member Posts: 3
    Bought a new 2009 Maxima Sv with sport package and am not happy at all. The car itself is wonderful. Love the CVT and the power. And I am also getting 25mpg in combined driving. However the combination of the sport suspension and the low profile tires makes for an unacceptably(for me) rough ride for me. On fairly smooth roads, the ride is fine. But here in Ohio, half our roads are pretty pockmarked and rough. The ride is just too jarring for me. Would getting a different brand of tire other than the OEM Goodyears help? Looking at the reviews at Tire Rack, it seems there are much better tires with higher comfort rating. Any other ideas on how to improve the ride on rough roads? This is my third Maxima but I don't think I will keep this as long if I can't improve the ride. Didn't Nissan test this setup in snow belt states? I realize it is a "sports sedan" but for most people it is an everyday car and has to be usable on roads traveled in real life, not on a test track. This is my first car with a sport suspension and low profile tires.
  • out4catout4cat Member Posts: 91
    Hey not to scare you but wait until you have about 5k miles on that car and the rattles, squeaks, and odd noises start to appear with all that harsh driving, it is a nightmare. People forget that the Maxima is an American built car, the quality control department is non-existent at Nissan and they just push the crap out the door to make money, then the dealers fight you and make up all kinds of excuses when you complain about the annoyances of the car. I don't see where the rule that bigger wheels and bright shiny metal pieces allover the interior makes for a sports car, it takes more than that.....Good luck though.
    Hey 421229, have you considered leasing. I drive an 07 33,000 sticker, out the door with tax, title, license plates, fees for 429 a month for 39 months with 15000 miles per year. Considering that after the warranty is over, the car starts to act up, leasing is the best option. So I am driving my car for 50% of the sticker price for almost 4 years then I get to take it back and regardless of depreciation schedules, drive out in a new one. Also, how much do you really love that color combination, I cannot figure out the love affair with black/charcoal interiors. Audi is probably the best car company out there when it comes to interior colors, Nissan needs to take some lessons there.
  • cyberpunkcyberpunk Member Posts: 39
    I'll agree that your 07 Maxima is a POS, but the rest of your post is ridiculous. And the Altima/Maxima comparison ended with the 08 Maxima.

With 09, the flagship is back.
  • bigdad3bigdad3 Member Posts: 3
    I had a 1990 Max for 14 years and a 2000 Max for 9 years. Loved them both, but never had a sport edition model. I think Nissan quality has gone downhill since hooking up with Renault. My 2009 Max, in addition to my issues with the ride quality, has a dark area on top of left fender that needs to be re-painted. This is on a $35,000 car! But Nissan does make a great engine and transmission.
    Don't quite understand the point of your comment, what comparison are you talking about, the 07 and 08 are the same, actually the 04 through the 08 are the same Maxima, which one do you drive? don;t know where the altima reference came from in your message. II never said the car was a POS, those were your words, I do however realize after an 04 and an 07 model, that there are annoyances with the vehicle that should not be in a 37,000 car. Perhaps taking your user name into consideration should have explained why you wrote what you did, but I will give even you the benefit of the doubt.
    I could not agree with you more, Carlos Goshn from Renault has sacrificed quality for profit and it showed with the 04-08 models. There is a reason why Renault does not sell cars in the U.S. My 04 always had a shimmy in the ride, wide pane gaps, squeaks and rattles, and a whole bunch of other annoyances. My 07 has uneven interior panels and the same exterior panel gaps plus the metal strip that decorates the roof are already fading, oh and it sucks up gas like crazy, that CVT has to have something to do with it, the engine on the other hand is a dream. My 2001, which is the same model as your 2000, was flawless except for the speaker tray could not handle the power of the Bose system, other than that it was a perfect car. Every time I see an 00-03 Maxima SE I miss that car. The 09 is simply less distinctive and has styling cues from way too many other cars and even trucks, the design is way too busy.
  • user421229user421229 Member Posts: 6
    For those of you that purchased the 09 Nissan Maxima, how many smart keys were you provided with and how much would it cost to obtain additional keys???
  • rkurlanderrkurlander Member Posts: 58
    Two smart keys are provided. I don't know the cost of additional ones.
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    The price of te Smart Keys aren't that bad, whenI bought my 08 Altima coupe, it was used wtih 400 miles on it. The lady had it for one week, and only provided the dealership with one key. I bought a second one for $35 dollars. But the cost to get programed was $60 and it took the dealership 45 minutes to do it.
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    that I got as a used first car.. --when she finally went down she had 150k hard miles as every day I took her up to redline and many trips into triple digit speed.. The car had the stock radio with the built in graphic equilizer that used to dance as the music pumped from the weak speakers.. sorry about that trip down memory lane as I miss that car. back to the future-- the 09 max has the looks as they have dipped into infinitis styling bin --the interior is as nice (better?) then my 09 G35x -- the power is there -- but where is the manual transmission.. come on --and it tops out as much as my infiniti did.. unless your getting a huge deal I would rather get the infiniti (i paid 36k for a g35x 2007, nav, prem sticker was 39.8) .. I am happy they fixed the looks as the previous MAX was pretty ugly :confuse: .. .4DSC is back.
    Five days ago the "check engine soon" light came on. The gas cap was tight with 'three clicks'. I took it to dealer and everything checked out normal. Their computer re-set the light to off. Today the light is on again. Obviously I can't contact dealer again until Tuesday due to Labor Day. Any thoughts?
  • tcoopdevilletcoopdeville Member Posts: 5
    2 keys provided..I was told by the dealer that they are $300 to replace. In other words, DON'T LOSE THEM!
  • tcoopdevilletcoopdeville Member Posts: 5
    Just made a service appointment for my 09 Maxima. Was cleaning the interior of the car and went to lower the rear power shade to clean the window. Pressed the botton on the center console to lower the shade and not only did the shade stay up, but the entire button went into the console!! i was heated to say the least. it felt really cheap. not sure if mines was faulty or they're all susceptible to the same. Use caution when pressing this button and the heated seat button.
    I bought a Smart Key for my Atilma coupe, the Key itself was $45 I think, its the programing that cost. It took the dealership 45 minutes to program the key. But my sales manager hooked me up with the guy that does that, and I paid him under the table... Total was $105 with the cost of the key.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    This is my third Maxima but I don't think I will keep this as long if I can't improve the ride. Didn't Nissan test this setup in snow belt states?

Actually, the question needs to be directed to the man in the mirror - didn't you TEST DRIVE the car before you laid out $35k+/-?? Obviously, you can't gain 100% knowledge of a vehicle in 50 miles worth of test drives - but that should have identified your issue of a rough ride.

Failure to do homework notwithstanding, I am somewhat sympatheitc to your situation. Nissan apparantly thinks that putting 18/19" wheels and 40 series tires will re-make the 2009 Maxima as a 4-door sports car. It's all show and no substance. A 3,600 FWD car is not going to handle noticably better on 19" wheels than it would on 16" ones. On a BMW 5 series, maybe, not on a Maxima.

You can try to downsize the rims and upsize the tire profile by 1 or 2 sizes. But I would suggest you test drive other "non-sport" 2009 models first. You might be able to get the dealer to take back the car on a sympathy trade that won't cost you an arm and a leg.

P.S. In addition to rattling your fillings, the wheel/tire insanity also costs you big time over the life of the car. In 14 years and 155k miles, I've just replaced my OEM tires for the third time, getting 50k+ miles out of each set. At $130 per tire, that's a total of about $1,600 in tires. The 18/19" will last half as long and, for a decent tire, cost nearly twice as much - meaning an extra $5,000 down the drain for anyone who wants to keep the car as long.
  • ohc6sprintohc6sprint Member Posts: 23
    I have been following this forum for several months since I took a test ride in an 08 Maxima SL. Great year end deals, but I wanted to see the 09 Maxima. I like both the 08 and 09 Maximas and could see myself owning either. But I have some issues with either choice. First, I like a car with a sporty appearance, but don't need the premium fuel and so-so mileage that either year offers. I can save $7000 on an 08 vs. the $3000 increase in price for an 09, a $10,000 difference until the 09's are eventually discounted. I might wait for an 09 except I do not think that I want the 18" tires that come with the base model, let alone the 19" with the sport package. I was reluctant about the 08 SL with 17" tires but fiqured that it was not that much different than the 16" tires on my 94 Dodge Intrepid. The recent post on the rough ride on Northeast roads reinforced my concerns with tire size. But this comment was based on the sport package and 19" tires. Can anyone comment on the their ride experience over rough roads for the 08SL (17" tires) or the 09 (18" tires) without the sport package? I too, live in the Northeast and at times have to contend with potholes and the like in the winter months. Thanks.

P.S. Before I would switch tires to a smaller size, I would research how that would affect the VDC (vehicle dynamic control).
    I have had experience with an 04 SL with 17inch wheels and now an 07 SE with the 18 inch wheels, ride with either car was smooth and although the there is some additional firmness in the ride with the 18 in wheels on my 07 SE, there is no harshness or bouncing around. I cannot offer feedback on the 09 with 19 inch wheels but from what I hear, they do create quite a harsh ride. Perhaps the compromise in your case would be an 08 SE (not the SL) with 18 inch wheels, the SE wheels are better looking than the ones on the SL and they are not in any way harsh. I would caution you not to buy a 1st year of production car from Nissan, my 04 for example was a nightmare with all kinds of squeaks, rattles and other things that made the car unbearable at times. The 07 with 255 hp is powerful enough, much roomier back seat, and more distinctively styled inside and out, the new one just blends in like any other car. I wish you luck with your choice either way.
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    pretty easy choice for me-- look at the 07 and then the 08--then sit in both cars..walk around each car.. drive both. if your looking for more rear leg room then the 07 is the clear choice-- if its a lower payments, again the 07 wins-- but the better car is the 08== more power and better looking from all angles plus with all the parts infiniti supplied its a clear step up. The new car blends in with any other car?? maybe if your looking at a G35-- the old one tried so hard to stick out and it did because it was ugly--the back end -the dash board -the orange gages.. good luck on your pick as both the 08 and 09 will give you years of enjoyment.. the nissan 6 is terrific --
  • sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I cannot comment on 2009 Max...
    But in 00-'08 max and 2000+ Infiniti I30 this is very common problem. They both have a VQ engine. Lot of folks have ro replace ignition coils at around 70K to 80K mile range.
    (google Maxima "Chk engine")

I have 2000 infiniti I30 and that has similar problems..I have noticed following, and I dont have any explanation,

1) Car is EXTREMELY sensitive to the gasoline you put in.
    Seems to work better (No Chk engine light) with Chevron or Shell Premium gas.

2) If I let fuel gauge go down to below 1/4 then the probability of chk engine light goes up.

3) Fillup in extremely hot weather followed by highway driving in 70+ mph increase the probability

As I said these are only observation and may not be related to the problem..

Dealers will reset the computer and charge you $300.00 for it every time it happens. Or you can disconnect the battery... sometimes overnight and it will reset the computer

Sanjay
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    Yep, I agree with Habitat on the test drive part here..if you are looking at a Sport Model, you really need to do your homework. Anyone who has done extensive testing of sport models vs. standard models (TL vs TL-S, G35 vs. G35S, and same for Maxima's) will know that the sport models will have a much rougher ride + side bolstered seats that make longer trips less enjoyable. Also, at the end of each model year, the "sport models" appear to be the ones still on dealers lots - this is especially true on the G35S.

BTW: I've been VERY VERY HAPPY with the balance of ride/performance in my 2009 Maxima (non-Sport model). While I agree its not a true 4DSC like perhaps a Mitsubishi Evo, I'm very happy with its performance. It clearly beats my current generation Acura TL in performance - and I drive both these cars back-to-back on a daily basis!
  • teddy7117teddy7117 Member Posts: 2
    Use premium gas. The dealer filled mine up with regular when we bought it and the service engine soon light came on! If you read you manual you will see that the new Maxima requires premium and if you must use regular to only fill it half full and do not open up the throttle! Once I filled up with premium my light stopped coming on.
    Does it say REQUIRES or RECOMMENDS premium fuel ?
    Don't quite understand the point of your comment, what comparison are you talking about, the 07 and 08 are the same, actually the 04 through the 08 are the same Maxima, which one do you drive?

I drive the 09.

don;t know where the altima reference came from in your message.

From when you wrote the following:

This model resembles the Altima sibling more so than any previous model, why pay the difference.

. II never said the car was a POS

You wrote the following, and it sounds like a POS to me:

As the owner of an 07 Maxima with CVT, fuel guzzling machine, that is the worst transmission ever put into a car. My 07 has one extra gear compared to the 04 I traded in, it also has 10 fewer horsepower and 18 inch wheels vs. 17 inches and still gets me 4 to 5 fewer miles to the gallon than the 04, go figure.

I can say for sure that the CVT in the '09 is not the worst transmission ever put into a car.

The bottom line is, the '09 Maxima is a very different car than your '07 Maxima, or the Nissan Altima.
    It clearly beats my current generation Acura TL in performance - and I drive both these cars back-to-back on a daily basis!

It may not be a fair comparison, but in my opinion the performance and fun to drive factor of my 2004 TL 6-speed is way, way above the 2009 Maxima SV I drove back in July. The Nissan can almost match the TL 6-speed in straight line acceleration, but that's it. The tighter sport suspension and Brembo brakes that come along with the short throw 6-speed (a crisper gearbox than a BMW 335) all contribute to an enjoyable, sporty ride. Still not a true 4DSC as you say, given the 3,400 lb curb weight and FWD setup, but getting closer than anything with a CVT or slushbox automatic transmssion. I guess I'll go to the grave with a stickshift in my hand.
    Well congratulations on your new car, driving something new is always a plus. Although I agree that the design of the previous model certainly had its challenges (the front grill 04-06, the SL wheels, the velour door panels 04-06) and perhaps other things, the new one simply tries so hard to overcome the 04-07 that the body looks overdone. Flares, wave hood (yes the late 90s model Taurus had the same wave), the funky headlights, and truck like front grill all put together make the design too busy. Oh and the dealer near me had the Altimas parked trunk to trunk with the new Max and from that view, the 2 cars are similar, I stood there for a while trying to talk myself out of such a notion but could not. It seems like the same team or the same team approach was used as in the new Mercedes Benz S-Class. There is a way to make a statement without so many styling cues. I also think that an SE (sport version in 07) should provide the snap of shift that the CVT does not allow even with the gate shifter in manual mode, the shifts are too smooth for the sport spirit to come through, and I repeat I get 4 miles to the gallon less than in the non-CVT. Yes the 09 is definitely different than my 07, maybe after seeing a few new ones on the road I will get used to them. I will not be looking at the 09 because I learned from my 04 not to buy 1st year of production, by the time the lease on my 07 is over, the car will have been corrected or so I hope. Enjoy yours in good health, by the way what color is yours?
    Yep, 6-speed would make the TL a much more fun car to drive over the automatic. But, life is full of trade-offs. Wife still loves her automatic TL. I'll be curious to see how well the new Acura TL does when it hits the show room floors in a few weeks.

Longer term, it will be interesting to see which car gains more market share in 2009 - Maxima or TL. Body style on TL is definitely controversial. With the current discounts on 09 Maxima's getting close to the $4k mark, they are going to have a pretty significant price advantage over the TLs at the start.
    I think the 2009 TL SH-AWD with 305 horsepower will pretty much take top honors in performance and all weather versitility. That AWD set up should result in a sub 6 second 0-60 and have it be better balanced (albeit heavier) in the corners. I will be complaining that it weighs too much and doesn't come with a stick, but perhaps an "S" version down the road will take care of the latter.

Again, I'm not trying to jinx Nissan, but I don't see the 2009 Maxima winning back that much of the market share it lost over the past 10+ years. I just don't think it is a compelling car in the way my 1995 4th generation was. But in fairness, I'm not in the market and haven't seriously shopped the competition.

I know what you mean that life is full of trade offs. My wife drives a 2005 MDX and the only two things she doesn't like about it are the brakes and the automatic transmission. I brought home a Cayenne GT-S 6-speed manual as a loaner when my 911 was in for service and she didn't want me to give it back! Unfortunately $75k and 13 mpg don't fit into our budget right now.
  • nemesis04nemesis04 Member Posts: 15
    I just picked up the 09 Max on Saturday. I opted for the SV in silver with the sport package. This will be my third Maxima, 02, 07 and now 09 all which have been the sport version. The 02 was a 5spd, the 07 had the CVT as well as the 09. The 09 sport version is probably the first Maxima out of the 3 that closely resembles the word sport. The steering is crisp and precise with the ride being noticeably stiffer (which I personally like). The whole car follows your turns as on complete unit where my 07 used have trouble at times keeping up with the turns.

The biggest welcomed change for me is the turning radius on the 09. My 07 had the worst turning radius of any car I ever owned, now tight maneuvering is a pleasure!! The CVT was also given some tweaking for the better. It's more responsive the moment you press down on the pedal and it does not have to catch up like the 07. In my 07 if you put the hammer down quick the engine would rev to about 4-5000 rpm's and the CVT would have to catch up. Also, the CVT sounds more throatier now and seems to have shed the whining lawn mower sound.

I am not a fan of Goodyear RSA's. That is probably the only big thing I am disliking on the car. I hated them on my 07 mainly because they had a short memory on staying balanced and they always needed to warm up in cold weather before they could be considered a round tire.

Those are just some quick observations in my short time with the car. The car visuals are definitely eye catching, I have had a couple people pull up next to me at a light and tell me how different the car looks.

If anyone has any 09 questions, just ask!! :D
    Hey congrats on your new car. Have you experienced the harsh ride that other blogs here are talking about with the sport package. I am glad to hear that the CVT is more responsive in the 09, I agree with all your comments about the one on the 07, it is sluggish and the engine does not sound as good as my 04 without the CVT. Although I am still getting used to the styling of the new MAX and am not fully warmed up to it yet, I do see one in a couple of years when my 07 lease is up. I especially like the new Tuscan Sun color, hard to keep clean but very nice. Did your dealer discount the car at all?
    Are you referring to the 09 Acura TL? is that the re-styled one or is that the 2010 model that is getting the re-design. I can predict that the re-designed model 09/ or 2010 will certainly cause Nissan Maxima sales to go way up, what was Acura thinking with that design? it actually resembles the out-going Maxima and the front grill also resembles the mistake made by Nissan in the 04-06 model. Get the present model TL while you can.
    Congrats on the new car, nemesis04. You now own the pinnacle in evolution of the Maxima line. This is hands-down the best Maxima ever built (although - as silly as it may sound - some will tell you that pinnacle was reached in 1995...whatever).

The '09 Maxima is an excellent convergence of sporty performance and luxury comfort. And it's the best value around for an entry-level luxury car.

While this claim may be disputed by naysayers on this forum, I have yet to read anything but glowing reviews from any bonafide car critics (other than a warm review as the result of a goofy comparison between the Maxima's 6-cylinder versus Pontiac's 8-cylinder...but that was largely a meaningless match-up). And I couldn't be happier with mine.

Enjoy it!
    Thanks! Really enjoying the new car.

As far as the harsh ride is concerned, it is stiffer than passed years but nothing that I would call severe or unbearable, it really is more sport tuned. My 07 was a sport but to be honest they only thing that was different on that were the tires, the suspension parts were the same on both models. If you live in areas where the roads are rough this package should be skipped and the premium package should be sought after.

I was able to land the SV with the sport package for $32,400. A lot of back and forth but this was my third car from the dealership.
    Thanks cyberpunk! I will enjoy it!

To me 09 feels like the biggest jump in value and luxury from the other two models I previously owned.
    I do see the styling resemblances between the Altima and Maxima. Other ones are bit of a stretch to me.

One feature that makes the Maxima "unique" in my opinion is the tail lights at night. I've always liked car that have a unique light pattern that makes them distinctive 50 to 100 yards away.

The inverted hockey stick LED tail lights are unique. If you know of another car which emits a similar light pattern, let me know.
    Wow....our cars are very similar. I've got an MDX as well - carpool car. Wife normally drives the TL. One of my kids drives the 97 Maxima. Unfortunately, I have no 911. My "fun car" is a 65 V8 Mustang Convertible.

Last fall, I came close to getting a 2008 Cayenne (V6) to replace the MDX but the car I was looking at had interior electrical problems. Also, it was hard to get the right set of options without paying thru the nose. So, I passed.
    Ten days ago the "service engine" light came on. Dealer supposedly checked it out and reset light. Two days later it came on again. Dealer and Nissan are not responsive to problem. They got my $35,000 and treat the customer like a moron. Major buyer's remorse here.
  • tom17tom17 Member Posts: 134
    What happened when you brought the car in the second time? Did they just reset the light again?
    I can predict that the re-designed model 09/ or 2010 will certainly cause Nissan Maxima sales to go way up, what was Acura thinking with that design?

I don't think so. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My 1995 Maxima SE was resoundly criticized for an ugly exterior / rear end when it first came out, but as soon as the real enthusiasts got ahold of it, it took Car of the Year awards as the best entry level luxury performance sedan from Japan, bar none.

And, unfortunately, pretty as it might look, now that the Maxima has ballooned to 3,600 lbs (on a FWD platform) and only offers a CVT transmission, the likelihood of them getting any serious driving enthusiasts to give it the same level of accolades isn't "slim", it's "none". I believe that is where the 305hp TL SH-AWD will clearly be superior to the FWD Maxima. If Acura dares to throw in the same short throw 6-speed that is in my 2004 TL, Nissan doesn't have a prayer of competing in performance with a FWD CVT Maxima. The TL will be more in the league of a 335ix. But the TL will probably cost several thousand more, so there is still room for both.
    Wow - that is a serious bummer, rkurlander. Doesn't get more frustrating than that, with such a new car.

Good luck - please keep us posted as to both the customer service and whatever is causing that light to come on.
  • carlupicarlupi Member Posts: 52
    This problem is sometimes caused by not properly closing your gas tank cap after fueling up. Check your car manual. Make sure you tighten the gas tank cap so that you hear several "clicks" after you feel it is already tight.
    Sounds like you have a faulty O2 sensor. That's what has happened to me a couple of times over 14 years.
    Hey I drove a 2001 Maxima and recall some bad comments about the tail lights on the 1999-2003 model, I cannot recall rear end issues with the 1995 model though. Are we talking about the same body style? I googled the 1995 model and it was a good looking car all around.
    I guess the new TL will get some getting used to but from the first glance, it is a weird car from the A-pillar forward. I kind of like the rear end edginess and overall it does resemble my 07 Maxima which I do like. I am only shocked at the front end, hood, and front fenders on the TL. Preaching to the quire about the CVT on the Maxima, I hate it.
    I will say this though, if the choice were totally driven by power, neither the TL or Maxima would sell at all, Pontiac's new G8 would take all the TL and Maxima sales. Fully loaded, with V8, the G8 stickers for 32K including Leather, can't beat that at all. Only draw back to the G8 is that in its first year the only interior color is black but otherwise a killer car getting great reviews from the car magazines. See the Motor Trend article where it compares the G8 to the Maxima, blew it away.
    If the TL is higher priced than the 335xi then the choice is clear.
  • eric1055eric1055 Member Posts: 1
    Hi my Pathfinder lease is up this winter. I love the new Maxima. I am stuck between the Infiniti G35 or the 2009 Maxima. What you guys think is a better car. Thanks
  • b10609b10609 Member Posts: 37
    Hello Sanjay
    - your experience is identical to my findings with my 2001 Maxima. I find that Shell premium works fine and note ( Canada here ) that there is no ethanol in their Gold premium gasoline at all. Their lower grades have 5-10 % ethanol and that mix causes problems with check lights in hot weather due to high evaporation in the fuel tank.

Other brands are blending with ethanol and it's not any different. Best to check what's written on the gas pump fine print and avoid independents who buy gas from any bulk wholesale supplier with mystery blends of refinery crap out there.

Esso and Ultramar are reliable premium brands here - Shell in my area gets the nod because of a greater number stations conveniently located.

I've pulled the battery connection, too when the check light went on and done the radio and clock resets patiently ! Dealers love selling expensive sensors to unsuspecting people instead of trying to offer simple solutions as above.

- Waterloo Guy.
    Interesting question.
    As you might know, the Altima/Maxima/G35, and even the M35/45 are all built on the same platform, or at least they were prior to 2009. That being said, one can guess that the G35 will be re-designed soon. Since the Maxima is the freshest design of the 2, I would pick the Max. The G35 body style has been out for a while, the new curvy version is just a re-fresh of the original but not a major re-design like the Maxima. Good luck with your decision.......
  • prigglypriggly Member Posts: 642
    Esso and Ultramar are not Top Tier gasolines. In Canada, Shell, Chevron, Petro-Canada and Sunoco Canada all are.

http://www.toptiergas.com/why.html
  • tom17tom17 Member Posts: 134
    If you can wait a month or two and price is not a big issue you definately ought to get the G35. The 09 (due out this month) will have a 7 speed transmission that should cure the G35's only real problem - excessive highway RPM (3400 @ 80) & low fuel economy. They are also replacing the 3.5 engine with a 320 HP 3.7 engine (new name is G37). Of course the 09 G37 will sell for several thousand more than the Maxima. By the way it is also RWD which (unless you get lots of snow) is a definate improvement.