Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Nissan Maxima

18910111214»

Comments

• dick56dick56 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone ever used the Flash Drive feature in the 09 Maxima audio system. If so, what make and part number did you use??
  • go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    Technical folks claim the main reason the Flash Drive exists is for the NAV system to be updated with new maps and POIs, rather than to listen to music. NAV updates are done at the dealership.
    Has anyone been successful getting iPhones to pair up via Bluetooth to an 2009 Maxima??
    A bunch of new 2010 Maxima's are on the lots now. 2009's were cleared out. The new Crimson Black color appears as a very dark brown - very unique!! Also, the new wheels on the Sport Packages are just slightly more darker grey than the 09's. Somehow I was expected a more dramatic color difference- such as the dark grey alloys seen on the TL Type S.
  • cdixon253cdixon253 Member Posts: 2
    You can use it to listen to Audio. I use a 4GB compact Flash card with no problems.
    When I bought the car they told me that this slot would be use to update the NAV DB too.
  • greenacuragreenacura Member Posts: 42
    My 2009 Maxima Premium Tech has the sunroof that pops out and slides back. The cAr is 4 months old with 5k and the roof is starting to rattle alot over mildly rough pavement. Two trips to the dealer and they tighten the bolts and lube it and said their is nothing else they can do and some rattling should be expected. Has anyone else run into this problem?
  • dick56dick56 Member Posts: 2
    My state has a lemon law. If my dealer let me hang like that, they would have the car back in a NY minute !
    I'm going back next week for the sunroof, also, the drivers seat was loose and was "fixed" at last dealer visit, now the leather is pulling off and not all the adjustments on the power seat work. Lastly, the plastic around the seat is pretty loose. I am not very confident about Nissan quality. My 2009 Maxima only has 5k and I am not sure it is built to last. I am glad I leased and at this piont will probaly try and get out of the lease before it expires.
  • smarty666smarty666 Member Posts: 1,503
    Hi, I haven't had a problem with the sunroof with rattles though I did have it with my 2008 TL; anyway, I got a 2010 Max and have had similar problems with the seats and rattles in other places in the car, if you want, check out my post under 2010 Nissan Maxima to get the details; I'm going to bring my car back in for service to have the passenger seat problem addressed and the recall on the suspension rod for the 2009 and 2010 max's in october and I plan on having the service department look at the driver side door handle/panels and center console armrest to get the rattles addressed
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    do you need the navigaion system on this car to have ipod interface?
  • dmccallumdmccallum Member Posts: 5
    No you do not. I have the ipod interface w/out the nvaigaion and i love it.
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    do you have to have any type of package? I've been looking at some used listings and some of them say aux input
    Hi, I was hoping people with 2009 Max's can help me out; I have a 2010 Maxima SV with the Tech package but without the sport and premium packages; in the brochure it says that the Max SV has mood lighting while the the Max SV with the premium package has premium mood lighting; I wanted to know what the difference is? in my car all I have is a light that illuminates the center console from the ceiling; with the regular SV are you suppose to also have mood lighting in the front foot wells or do you have to get the Max with the premium package to get that? any info from 2009 owners of SV's without the premium and with the premium package would be helpful!!
    I've got a 2009 w/Premium Package. The premium package adds mood lighting to the interior front door handles. It illuminates the areas on the door where the window switches are located.
    One more point on interior lighting....my car also has lights in the front foot wells, but thats not really considered "mood lighting" as it only lights up when the doors are opened. I

I'm not too sure which package/options adds the foot well lights. My guess is that all SV models would have this lighting.
    yeah I have halogen lights in the front foot wells as well that illuminate but only when the doors are opened and as you pointed out that isn't considered mood lighting; so I guess the regular SV only has the center console in mood lighting and if you get the premium package you get the center console and both front door handles/switches; I guess Nissan isn't putting any in the front foot wells; it still is better than nothing; I was just curious because I had a previous car with ambient lighting and it wasn't working and had to get it replaced so I wanted to make sure I was having the right amount in my car; thanxs for the info!!
  • poodog13poodog13 Member Posts: 320
    All of this begs the question "What mood exactly is Nissan trying to inspire?" Mood lighting seems like an odd aspiration for a supposed four-door sports car. Candles anyone?
  • bk7maxbk7max Member Posts: 1
    2007 with sonar light that stays on. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? All fuses OK

Would like to avoid dealer if at all possible. Would be my last resort
  • bjones11bjones11 Member Posts: 1
    Just traded my 04 for a sweet 09 and thinking about adding a remote start to my car. Has anyone had this done or can anyone recommend what type and where to have it installed and approx cost? Roa Va here.. Im looking for some good or bad feedback.
    Thanks.
    Hi, I lease a '09 Maxima Prem/Tech with 38,500 miles. The drivers door lock has stopped working with the remotes. I brought it into a local dealer (not the one I leased from) and they said the driver's door lock celanoid needs to be replaced for $270. They refused to consider submitting a "goodwill? warranty claim. They have to order the part and will not do that until I pay for it. Do you think it is unreasonable to think Nissan would cover the repair under a warranty claim? Would I have better luck with the dealer I leased the car from? Any ideas? Thanks!