Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW 1-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience

2»

Comments

• jamiem4jamiem4 Member Posts: 23
    Hi - I ordered a 2010 128i which just arrived at the prep center in NJ. Are there any options that I can add at this point? The car was for my son who just found out he will have a long deployment thus I will be driving it for a year and thought perhaps I could add something at the 11th hour!
  • mcon22mcon22 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Just signed the papers to lease a 2011 128 convertible in edison NJ. It is white, with savanah beige leather. It has premium package, sports package, value package. Automatic trans, heated seats, heated steering wheel, navigation system, and harmon kardon stereo system. MSRP was $43,765. I put $3500 total out of pocket at signing, and my payment is $399 a month. The lease terms are 12k/ year and for 36 months. The residual is very high on the 128 convertible when compared to other vehicles which is why the payment is quite low, and my decision factor of which car to get. Ask for the residual sheet (they have one) and you will be amazed at how it differs even between cars of the same model.
  • ams_7ams_7 Member Posts: 10
    That is a really great deal! I thought I did really good but yours is def. better. I ordered mine, to pick up in August. And I only got the value package, with blue tooth and automatic transmission. Leather sets. I put $2423 down with $423/month 12k miles a year. You got navigation, heated seats, sterring and the stereo plus the sports package and premium package for only $200 more (the difference between what you put down and your monthly payments versus mine). That really is a great deal.
  • jkgreer2jkgreer2 Member Posts: 42
    Need suggestions on obtaining best out-door purchase discount. Have purchased many other cars, but this BMW stuffy dealer experience appears more difficult to obtain discounts. Have 3 dealers to choose from in 3 hour radius, have Edmunds TMV and Blue Book suggestion for out-door, and have Europe delivery price but don't have time to travel to Germany. Prior methods were: make my 'reasonable' discounted offer to each dealer, then walk out or decline higher priced emails when counter offers high. Other suggestons appreciated on buying. This is first year for 7 sp. Dual Clutch transmission in 135i. Willing to order & wait. Is there another small convertible which is similar (small, safe, fun). Never tried leasing. Thanks.
  • leeshuckleeshuck Member Posts: 73
    Try carsdirect. I've found pricing to be very good and might work well if you know exactly what you want and don't have too many questions that requires them contacting their dealer reps. I started with them but in the end found a dealer that had a direct approach and good pricing, and they delivered the car to me.

I have a 2010 135i convertible with six speed manual. The 1 series has a niche in the marketplace, especially if you want something small safe and fun that has more than 2 seats.

Check out the leasing section here if you are considering that. I've leased my last 2 BMW's.

Good luck,

Lee
    Thanks for the suggestions. Will try Cardirect. I have all my questions answered by visits to 3 BMW dealers. Now I need one to work with me on pricing. Will update over next 2 months. I do not expect the process to proceed quickly. New 7 speed dual transmission is really fun to drive, possibly more fun than a Manual!
  • leeshuckleeshuck Member Posts: 73
    Good luck and we'll look forward to your update. I'll check out the 7 speed dual clutch trans when I turn in my 135i in a couple of years.

Lee
    Sports Car enthusiasts: Have a 135i Convertible on order, M sport pkg & 7 speed dual clutch transmission. The 7 speed dual clutch is really smooth and a Hoot to drive. If test driving Manuals, try a 7 speead dual clutch with Paddle shifters like in Formula 1 cars (I think). Anyone know about how long for delivery after 'Check My BMW' designates a car as "Scheduled for Delivery"? If in South and shopping for a BMW, try Century BMW, Huntsville, AL 35816. They worked with me right before Oct.01 price increase. If interested, they also have 4-5 335 diesals on order (a very fine vehicle). Now must decide whether to keep Run Flats for 15 k miles or switch out at delivery.
  • westla7westla7 Member Posts: 3
    Hi there,

I really hope for help. I currently need second car, and was thinking about buying with CarMax (I've been their customer with quite few cars, and though, not perfect, they are decent choice) financing for 60 months, but then new deal for 135i coupe:

2011 128i Coupe Lease Offer
    36-month lease well-equipped at $399*/month. $0 Down payment & includes a Holiday Credit of $1,500
    Vehicle Registered outside N.Y.
    • $399 First months payment
    • $0 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $399 Cash due at signing

I am in Los Angeles. This information is from http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Content/FinancialServices/LeaseOfferDetail.aspx?e- - - nc=QNzH/2RcovwrhE0mqkpggw== (BMW USA, so I think I can find this deal at local dealers w/o big problems).

Anyhow. I am very confused at what I am looking.
    Let me try to break it down to see if I am right. Please, correct me.

Initial cash due is $399.
    license and registration fees for ~35K car will be around ~$500.
    First payment is $399 + tax (9.25%) = ~$440.
    GAP coverage (have no idea, but as I recall it's between 500-800, so I'll assume the highest one) = ~$800

TOTAL AT SIGN UP: ~$2150

What else? Did I miss something?
    Now, the monthly payments are $399 + tax (9.25%) = ~$440.

So, TOTAL EVERY MONTH: ~$440

Now, closing costs.
    I think I need 12-15k/year, but it's only 10k/year provided, with $0.20/extra mile.
    So, let's say I am not going to get their "plan" with extra miles.
    Okay, so I'll just calculate that "extra".

Extra miles 5k/year * 3 years = 15K * $0.20 = $3000.
    Disposition fee $350.
    Tear and wear ???? -- how much this could be? What they are going to charge for? I never leased, so I have zero experience. Is it bad? How bad it could be?
    Also, I heard that after lease ends dealer can sell the vehicle for less than actual bank owned money, so they can put charge on me (lesee!!) -- but not more than three monthly payments -- is that correct? Is it true? So it possibly (I am just assuming the worst) might be $440 * 3 = $1320.

---

To crown it all, it might be $2150 at the beginning, $440 per month for 36 months, and at max $4670 at the end. So, the total loss is about ~23K for 36 months, so less than $8K/year which looks pretty decent choice for driving new BMW.

What do you think? Can you help me? Guide me?

P.S. I also wonder how much would be the maintenance over those 36 months? If splitted the cost of maintenance over the period -- how much per month? Or at least for whole 36 months?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    1) You don't pay for extra miles at lease end to go from 10K/yr to 15K/yr.. They just lower the residual by 3% and refigure the payment.. 3% on a 35K car is $1050.. divided by 36 = $29.16/mo.. So..now your payment is $428/mo.

2) GAP insurance is included on BMWFS leases

3) BMWFS only has closed-end leases.. There are no extra charges at lease-end, based on the actual value of the car vs. residual.

4) In 45K miles, you'll probably have to buy tires.. figure $800 for that.

5) Maintenance is included on every new BMW for 4 yrs/50K miles.. so, you won't need to budget for maintenance (other than tires)

6) Wear and tear? Take care of the car, and it should be minimal.. I've leased 8 cars, and a busted parking lot lens is all I've ever been dinged for at lease end.. ($70).

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• westla7westla7 Member Posts: 3
    But can they charge me something else at the end? I heard that there are a lot of hidden tricks dealers pull off with leases, so I am just trying to figure out them :-)
    If you damage the car beyond normal wear and tear, or put excess mileage on it, you'll pay for it..

But, BMWFS has a good reputation for end-of-lease.. They don't pull any "tricks".

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• runofkingsrunofkings Member Posts: 9
    What do you guys think of this lease deal?

2011 BMW 128i, 6 speed automatic, moonroof, bluetooth, and iPod connector.

36 month lease, 12k miles/yr, $2200 down (includes first month, registration, taxes) and $420 per month?

MSRP is around $34k, they dropped it to $32k plus and additional $1500 holiday credit.
    MINNope u can def do better. I got the 128i conv. In sept. With 2400 down inc. First moonth payment with leather auto trns. Ipod 12000 miles per year and i pay 409 a month for 3 yr lease
    Oh and bluetooth ofcourse.
    Thanks army 7. What would you think would be a better deal? Absent the moonroof and bluetooth, it's a pretty bare bones car. Do you think $2000 down and $399 per month makes more sense?
    The lease deals are better on the convertibles.. not comparable to the coupes....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks kyfdx:

Does that sound like a good lease deal then? 128i, bluetooth, moonroof, and iPod connector, for $422 per month with $2200 down (36 mo, 12k per year)? This is based on an MSRP of $34,150 less $1,450 customer discount, and $1,500 rebate. The residual is set at $21,856.

Thanks!!
  • pihopspihops Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2010 BMW 128i with premium package for $30,950.

MSRP was $34,500

Pretty nice discount because the car was on the lot for a while and also a new facelift is coming up this summer. But it is a mild redesign so doesn't bother me.

Bought at BMW Fort Lauderdale, FL on December 30th 2010.

There was as $1500 rebate at the time, but I assume this is the price they go for at anytime.
  • avocatdiaboliavocatdiaboli Member Posts: 22
    Any idea on how much I should consider for a discount on a 2010 128i, with MSRP>40,000 (even though, a comparably equipped 2011 would be about 38,000? + taking into account the new changes coming into production now for 2012?)
  • qa888qa888 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I m a newbie to this forum. Please help me with this. I has offer for 135 coupe with MSRP 42000. offer price $37,300. lease for 36 months 12k miles.. about 1100 drive off. Pmt $470 monthly with 3500 secure deposit. opt DCT trans, M sport pkg, premium pkg, Is this a good deal to take?
  • bobbybeybobbybey Member Posts: 1
    nope that is not the normal discount and that was definetly a great deal! congrats
  • letsmakadealletsmakadeal Member Posts: 1
    Going through Costco I was supposed to be offered a deal $400 over invoice. But when they showed me the sheet for my car, in addition to that there was $400 for MACO (they said it was their ad costs) and $200 for their training costs. Sounds like extra profit to me... Any comments?
    Both of those items are on the dealer's BMW invoice..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• dacurafandacurafan Member Posts: 5
    Hi Guys,

We just bought the executive used vehicle 2011 128i with 7200mi on it. We bought it for 25200 + TTL=26500 OTD.Guys do you think Is this a Good deal or we spent more?

The Car has below options.

1) Front Heated seats.
    2) Auto Triptronic Transmission.
    3) BMW Assistance With Bluetooth.
    4) Sun/Moon Roof.
    5) Rain Sensor and Auto Head lights.
    6) Black Letherrette.
    7) BMW Teleservices.
    8) ANTI THEFT Systesm.
    9) Multifunction Steering wheel.

Thank you in Advance.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,952
    Sounds like a really nice car...are the doors heavy to pull and close? And do you fall into the seats or just slide over into them? Coupes usually have very long and heavy doors which in my case is an issue due to my health issues...sedan doors are much easier for me to deal with on a daily basis. And the price paid seems affordable actually for such a fun car. Just with the 128 came in a sedan version...something I'd definitely consider on my next go round.

Enjoy it!! :)

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

Yeah it's very nice car the doors are heavy but my wife is going to use this car so she has no problem getting in and out of it...my concern is about the price I paid...usually I do lot of research before I buy any car but for this one we just went dealership just to see the inventory but we end up driving out with car...so I was wondering that if we rushed a little bit on our decision...

Dose any one bought 128i recently? Please share your buying experience.

Thank you.
    Bump...can some one post their buying experience.
  • dclivedclive Member Posts: 35

Just got a new 2013 135i Convertible, MSRP $56330, paid $46000 + TT&L. No dealer fees, just tax and registration.