Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Hyundai Veracruz Options and Accessories

amilivamiliv Member Posts: 23
edited October 2014 in Hyundai
I'm purchasing a new Veracruz, and dealer is trying to sell me standard extras, such as protective paint coatings, extended waranty, and LoJack (tracking system in case vehicle is ever stolen).

When buying all my previous cars, I simply said no for protective coatings, even while I was living in harsh northern climates. But who knows, maybe I was wrong all this time. What opinion others have about these coatings? Worth the money (in $600 range), or should I use my good old "no" answer?

They also offered me extended warranty that would cover vehicle bumper-to-bumper for 10 years or 100,000 miles. The standard Hyundai warranty is already great. The car is already covered bumper-to-bumper for 5 years or 60,000 miles. I'm usually not sold on these either. Any sense in buying relatively expensive ($1500-2000 range) extra warranty? Does it increase resale value of the car?

The last thing on the list was LoJack, and that sounded interesting since it might actually lower my insurance premiums. Until I figured out it would lower them for about $40 annually. It would take about 20 years for the LoJack to pay for itself through lower insurance premiums. So probably something I'm going to skip. But as with other things, would be nice to hear opinions on these tracking devices before I say final "no".

Thanks,
Alex

Comments

• carbuyer11carbuyer11 Member Posts: 114
    I know there has been some discussions about aftermarket accessories for the Veracruz. Since the web leads haven't been especially helpful, I was wondering if anybody has heard of plans for stylish running boards for the Veracruz. It sits high enough off the ground that running boards would come in handy. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    A few more have showed up, but there still aren't very many available.

Korean Auto Imports
  • aabruzzeseaabruzzese Member Posts: 16
    Does anyone know when or 'if' Hyundai will be making a cargo cover for the Veracruz?
  • biocranialjksbiocranialjks Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know about the bluetooth accessory? I heard from one dealer they use Motorola and it would cost about $200 or so (not sure if this price included installation or not). I have a 2008 so I would think it would be the same accessory for the 2007.
  • bigjimd2804bigjimd2804 Member Posts: 34
    I just received an e-mail from Hyundai's Manager of Product Public Relations confirming that Bluetooth will be available for the Veracruz "before the end of next month", and that it would be available at the dealer level to retrofit on the Veracruz if it was not originally installed.

This should be good news for those folks who were waiting on the fence since it was part of the original 2008 Veracruz Press Release, but currently absent from the available options on Hyundai's "Build Your Own" pages.

Sorry-no information on pricing.
  • posystmposystm Member Posts: 34
    Wonder if this retrofit will be available for the 07.
  • jmaulsbyjmaulsby Member Posts: 54
    What is the Manager of Product Public Relations e-mail address?
    Check your Carspace mailbox.
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    I looked at the blueconnect compatibility and mentions the 08 veracruz. Could this kit be the one. Sadly this kit doesn't integrate with the audio system. Blueconnect doesn't do that. It's based on the acura/honda system. Maybe it's a different kit but it looks like it.

This means that it can work on any trim level. 07's could work as well.
    Veracruz's with bluetooth have already been allocated for this month. Expect them later this month or next month. It might be integrated with the stereo. Navi will probably be availiable with bluetooth.
    Bluetooth is fm modulated :cry:. There still is hope though since blueconnect is the only solution that isn't fm modulated. Parrot with a harness will work as well. There is no infinity harness nor a logic7 one.
    Actually It's not FM Modulated. It appears to be a Johnson Controls BlueConnect Solution. It mounts on top of the Sunglasses holder. It doesn't integrate within the stereo though.
  • trilium1trilium1 Member Posts: 27
    A couple of questions from someone who is not technically inclined:
    So does that mean that a separate speaker exists to listen to handsfree calls, with a separate volume control? When the phone rings do you just hope your stereo isn't up so loud that you don't hear the phone? Seems like a pretty weak solution to me if that's the case. Also, do you have to reach up and push a button to answer the phone or will there be something on the steering wheel?
    Yep thats how it works. There are going to be more kits but on one BlueConnect site they have kits for other Hyundai's. Even the new CTS takes this kit instead of a real kit. Yea I would like them to have a real kit. Genesis will be getting a real factory installed bluetooth kit. I have the evidence to prove so since the interior spyshots had a phone button on it.
    Well that really sucks. I have been waiting for a "true" bluetooth solution from Hyundai for the Veracruz (based on their press release, what a bunch of bs) and won't be happy with this compromise. As silly as it sounds, it is enough to motivate me to look at something else. I have bluetooth in my acura tl and would have a tough time using anything that isn't fully integrated. Thanks again for the info!!
  • kamiller42kamiller42 Member Posts: 13
    Wow. That is disappointing. Where are you getting this info? There is still nothing on the Hyundai web site.
    The thread said it was from a hma employee. The Veracruz that didn't win the SUV of year award from motortrend had that kit. Navigation is however coming soon though. That system will have no cd changer. The genesis spy pics do have a phone button. Also one of them looked like it would have voice recognition that this LG system wont have.
    I am interested in adding remote start to my Veracruz. Anyone out there have any tips or advice on models, possible problems, etc?
  • broochbrooch Member Posts: 18
    I just got the rear cargo net for this vehicle. It comes with 3 connectors each side.
    I am assuming that the middle connectors attach to the floor and the top and bottom ones are attached at the top forming a u-shaped cavity. It didn't come with instructions so I assume this is correct? Any cargo net owners confirm this?

TIA
  • aabruzzeseaabruzzese Member Posts: 16
    brooch, let me know how you make out. I've been waiting for a cargo 'cover', what you're describing doesn't sound like what I'm looking for but I'm curious. I work in a city center with a lot of crime. (mostly smash and grabs)

I've been hoping for a cover like I had in my 2003 Santa Fe which hid what I was hauling from view. It was like a window blind, but horizontal, if you know what I mean.
    this net is basically located just before the tailgate in a vertical plane. this definitely won't deter thieves. as u said, u need a cargo cover, however, I don't know if its available.
  • chasefranklinchasefranklin Member Posts: 5
    The rear cargo net should have four hooks - one for each corner top and bottom. These hooks attach to the two floor hooks that are recessed and fold up and out as well as to vertical hooks located on the sides of the rear most door pillars. The net stretches across the rear of the cargo bed just behind the hatch. I just bought one for $21 from Rosen Hyundai in Lake In The Hills, IL.
  • secretasianmsecretasianm Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had an aftermarket sunroof installed on their Veracruz? Bought my VC SE without one since the factory sunroof option only came packaged with leather interior (but my wife hates leather). So I skipped it. But now I'm really missing it. Will the overhead vents get messed up? Since I've only seen a handful of VCs on the road, I don't really want mine to be the guinea pig for the shop.
  • crainscrains Member Posts: 7
    We have an 08 Limited, which we love. However, the bluetooth wasn't available, so I went ahead and bought a parrot kit. My long-suffering husband is trying to figure out the install. Any idea where there is a diagram/info for getting behind the dash to plug in the wiring? Thanks!
  • veragenveragen Member Posts: 34
    Does VeraCruz drivers out there has the BlueTooth hand-free system from Hyundai yet? The VeraCruz competitors like ie. RX350, Enclave and of course MotorTrend SUV of year CX9 has this feature. I was told by dealerships that BlueTooth system will be available beginning of 2008 year. I'm getting the blues :confuse: like this car about not having this system. Did anyone hear different about the Blue-T feature availability? I was told as well by a Hyundai Executive from an autoshow that the 2009 Hyundai Genesis intro to dealerships summer 2008 will have this feature as standard not optional like the VeraCruz. This maybe my next future ride by Hyundai :shades: depends ongoing positive reviews by car experts/editors, my own research and test-drive. Again like the wonderful VeraCruz!

VeraGen
    Yes but it's a dealer installed option. Won't mute the stereo. Mounts in the sunglasses' holder. It's made by Johnson controls. Called the blueconnect system. $325 for the part but installation is separate.
  • mommyto3mommyto3 Member Posts: 1
    i have a 2007 model but we would like an additional set of headphones for the dvd player. Anyone know where we can get these?
    I have used this company and have been pleased with their service. It looks like they are asking $70 for an extra pair of headphones.

http://hyundaiaccessorystore.com/Hyundai_Veracruz_Accessories.html
  • azeraltdlvrazeraltdlvr Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2008 VC LTD. with DVD, Bluetooth and the IPOD aux. cable.

The Bluetooth was not installed at the dealership. It does take away the sunglass holder. Limited in features as it doesn't pull in your cellphone contacts. You have to load those in manually. It also doesn't have caller ID. It simply indicates there is an incoming call.

A better option is to buy a GPS unit for around the same amount that includes Bluetooth. My Garmin 680 pulls in the contact list and displays the incoming call with the option to answer it or not.
    Has anyone with a Limited purchased the Cargo Tray (or liner) from their dealer? I had looked at the color-keyed ones from McNeil (WeatherTech), but they indicate theirs will only fit the Veracruz Without the Power Tailgate. :( Looking at the cargo area, it appears the interior trim on the left side is different to accomodate the lift mechanism.
    Are there any Limited owners out there who have purchased the Cargo Tray (from any source); how do they fit? :confuse:
    I have one ordered and its on its way to Canada, can't believe u can't get them here.
    Anyways, I'll let u know once I have it installed.
    I bought one for our Limited with power liftgate. It fits well and does a good job of protecting the carpet underneath. It probably isn't as heavy duty as the WeatherTech. It's more plastic than a heavy duty rubber. Here's where I bought it:

http://hyundaiaccessorystore.com/Hyundai_Veracruz_Accessories.html

$85 plus you can save an additional 11% if you register as a new customer. They shipped very quickly. Good luck.
    Thanks for the feedback! Is it safe for me to assume that Hyundai must make two versions of this; one for those with the power tailgate, another for those without?

I agree the WeatherTech is probably heavier (plus they offer three colors), but if it won't fit there's no reason to order. I also noticed that while WeatherTech makes custom FRONT mats for the Veracruz, the rear mats are "universal fit", which means they must be trimmed. They also don't offer their "floor liner" product for the Veracruz either.
    No problem. All I can tell you is that I ordered the only genuine Hyundai accessory cargo tray I could find. There was no differentiation between a VC with power liftgate and without. Assuming you order the same one I bought, it should fit perfectly.
    Does the cargo tray u ordered cover the back area with the 2nd row seat up?
    Just received mine in the mail today and it seems longer to cover the back with the 2nd row seat down. Just curious.
  • john_hoffmanjohn_hoffman Member Posts: 10
    The Weathertech comes in two pieces, so it will work with the thrid row up or down.

It doesn't lay perfectly flat on the left in my Limited, but it is very minor.
  • mjb56mjb56 Member Posts: 170
    And if you really want to save some $$$, Buy.com occasionally has refurb Garmin units, with Bluetooth for around $180. Takes care of a lot of these issues.
  • veracruiseveracruise Member Posts: 3
    I better check with my dealer to see if he has the cargo tray or not. I negotiated the tray with my lease and am still waiting for it. Hopefully it is now available in Canada.

Also, the clip that holds the third row seat belt in place snapped and the dealer offered to get me another. That was in December. Still waiting. Not a big deal. But these VC parts and accessories seem few and hard to acquire.
    unfortunately the cargo tray in not available in Canada, only a cargo mat is available. I bought my car in the US in October and I just received the tray last week, talk about crappy service. I was told the tray and Ipod adapter would be installed in the car at time of delivery, but no, I had to wait this long for the tray and the Ipod adapter which I will have to get installed here at my expense. I like the tray better than the mat, its easier to clean.
  • pthurstonpthurston Member Posts: 2
    I use a Garmin Nuvi 660 gps that solves both the nav and bluetooth problem well enough for me. Phone interfaces with the Garmin and provides sound thru the radio via fm modulation. Garmin also uses phone's contacts and voice dialing capability. At about $350 the Garmin is a nice solution and I'm sure much cheaper than Hyundai's nav and bluetooth solution.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Among other things you may want to check out the Buying Tips - How Do I Get the Best Deal? where people discuss such matters.

As for coatings, I am sure others will advise you on that though most people tend to view it as a "profit center" for dealers with little real benefit.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • busmaster44busmaster44 Member Posts: 20
    It's the one thing I never thought of before signing on the dotted line. The GLS doesn't even come with siderails! What good is hauling 7 people on a trip if you can't take their stuff? lol

So does anyone have any advice on where to go for these? Apparently there's no OEM accessories if the siderails aren't in, and Thule nor Yakima offer anything custom for it... TIA
  • tony0701tony0701 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a brand new set of roof rack side rails for my 2007 Veracruz off of ebay for less than $100.00 (inc. the shipping). They were the same exact rails that the dealer was selling for $210.00.
    Was yours a GLS? I went to the dealer and they were quoting me like 900 including labor. LOL They told me there were no pre-drilled screw holes under the molding but I don't think I believe them.

Can you show me where to look to get the side rails for cheap? I can't seem to find anything matching that for the Veracruz. Thanks!
  • asxasx Member Posts: 10
    I think there is some mix up between siderails and crossrails (crossbars).
  • oscar_gataoscar_gata Member Posts: 96
    For the Santa Fe, if you take off the roof rack side rail there are bolts that stick up from the roof that the side rails attach to. If your Veracruz didn't have the side rails to start with, I'm not sure how the side rails could attach to your roof. I think the dealer is right that it would be a pain to rig something up. You will probably have to use a generic roof rack rather than the factory installed one.
    I would just be a little surprised that there wouldn't at least be pre-drilled holes under the molding for some racks... In any case, what do you mean by a generic roof rack and where can I get one? I've taken cursory looks at Thule and Yakim with no success...

Thanks in advance...
  • amilivamiliv Member Posts: 23
    I'm in the middle of installing auxiliary audio jack. I've managed to drop the screwdriver into the front console cavity, and it fell all the way somewhere deep down inside. Anybody knows how to disassemble side panels (maybe something else?) to get to it?
    You can access the factory service manuals at Hyundai Service and find the instructions you need.

I don't know if this will work, but here's a link to the exact page within the site:
    Veracruz Console Removal which will do the trick for you. The site requires an svg graphics plugin to display images, you can download that from the main menu.

Good luck!
  • amilivamiliv Member Posts: 23
    I haven't figured out how to remove the knob from the shift lever (fits step). But even with a knob on, I was able to lift the plastic cover enough to be able to fish out the screwdriver.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.