Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Toyota Tacoma Changes?

jackel142jackel142 Member Posts: 47
edited July 2014 in Toyota
Any word when the 09's will be on the lot?
Any chance of a leather option?
Any chance of a Sat radio option?

Comments

• ecotrklvrecotrklvr Member Posts: 519
    I just read that Toyota is bringing out the '09 Tacoma rather early this year. They'll be on the lots in mid-June. This is per www.donlen.com. No word on any changes yet. Toyota dealers may know. Anyone?
  • blufz1blufz1 Member Posts: 2,045
    Is 2009 a redesign year for the Tacoma? Or is it just a mid model change? Thanks guys.
  • quickreplyquickreply Member Posts: 43
    There has been some discussion over at Toyotanation.com. Here's a link to the 2009 Tacoma changes in Canada to give you some idea. Some have said it will be released a little earlier this year as well. Start shipping in mid June possibly?

http://s274.photobucket.com/albums/jj272/knotley/?action=view&current=tacoma2009- canada.gif
  • quickreplyquickreply Member Posts: 43
    Upgraded audio, backup camera, smoked headlights, LED tail lights to name a few:
    http://jalopnik.com/391367/2009-toyota-tacoma-to-get-better-fiddle-argent+painte- d-grille
  • terpfanterpfan Member Posts: 3
    Minor changes; Argent painted grille center; smoked headlights for TRD and X-Runner; LED tailights for all models with optional rear view monitor for D and C Cabs. Some new colors. MP3 CD ability + MP3 jack + Sat pre-wire; new rear seats in access cab; STAR safety system with all of its annoying electro-nannies. Unfortunately, no power sunroof and no power rear window. The last two omissions are deal breakers for me. No thanks.
  • kessleenkessleen Member Posts: 4
    Hey the 2009 Tacoma's have been out for about 2 weeks! They now come standard with vehicle stability control- with traction, 6 airbags. Yes 6 even in the regular cab! side curtain airbags, side seat mounted airbags, driver and passenger airbags! Sat. Radio is an option, but you do have to add a reciever and pay your own subscription. The reciever is $400-$500 that can be installed at your local Toyota Dealership. Also the A/C linked defroster is also standard
    Hi - Finally got a peek at one last Sunday. Yes, the TRAC with cancel switch is there. As is the cancel switch for the RSCA (roll-sensing side curtain airbags). Nice. The rear seatlets are much better - they even have swing-up headrests so heads won't bounce off the rear glass while riding. The biggest surprise - a camera in the tailgate. And, a connector and instructions for its connection, in a poly bag, in the center console - just in case you want to spring for the option. Prices are up, but the reason I didn't buy a Tacoma 2 years ago was because of all the safety features you couldn't get. Now they're all standard. The extra $1100 buys us the extra safety. And it may be an attempt at a small price increase. We'll have to see what they actually sell for to be sure about that.
  • saints75saints75 Member Posts: 3
    If you go to the Toyota Web Site the 09 Tacoma info is out. They come in new colors. The access cab rear sites have been re-designed, that is what it looks like in the photos. I would like to get a Tacoma in the Gray Metallic.
  • mtrialsmmtrialsm Member Posts: 159
    Double Cab, SR5, long bed.
    I decided to go with the '09 for the safety features, XM antenna, and the color.
    Also Toyota went to $1000.00 rebate in Oct.
    I was able to connect my Delphi XM radio up with no problem. I used the AUX. input
    but had to order an Antenna adpter cable to connect to my radio. The Aux. power
    jack is also swithed off by the key, so I now don't have to turn on/off the radio all the time.
  • bashawsbashaws Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have any experience with the AUTO LIMITED SLIP DIFF. that is on the newer toyota's? I have read that it is computer controlled and uses the brakes instead of mechanical clutch packs. Is it as effective as a true LSD or just a cheap way to get your money? any feed back whoul be appreicated
  • dodgerzzzdodgerzzz Member Posts: 2
    Waiting on my 09 4X4 access cab to come in next week. Ive got XM now and was wondering who you ordered your antenna adapter from?Thanks in advance.
  • mtrialsmmtrialsm Member Posts: 159
    I got mine at Discount Car Stereo.com Easy to install in left kick panel.
    You can do a search on the install, they have pictures.
    Mick
  • dodgerzzzdodgerzzz Member Posts: 2
    Alright Mick, Thanks
  • davpalmrdavpalmr Member Posts: 1
    I have been trying to find a hard tonneau cover. I know toyota makes a flip one they say for the tundra and tacoma, but I can only find it for the tundra. Can anyone help
    check out link title
  • toyotakentoyotaken Member Posts: 897
    have had quite a bit of experience with it. It does use the brake on the wheel without traction to send torque to the other wheel. It actually is VERY effective. It works within about 1/4 turn of the slipping wheel, with a warning light and some noise from the mechanical systems applying the brake that you hear. We actually set out to see how long it would have to be active to time itself out on the Tundra when the introduced it on that model and it took almost 2mins. If you're stuck enough that you're needing the LSD continously active for that long, mechanical or brake activated isn't really going to help you out. BTW, the time-out set up by Toyota to give the brakes an oportunity to cool down if necessary. Overall, considering it doesn't add any discernible weight and its effectiveness, I like the system.

Just my $.02.

Ken
  • tanker5tanker5 Member Posts: 36
    Not sure if anyone has provided any data to you but I just bought an Undercover hard top for my 2008 access cab PreRunner. This one is lightweight and can be easily removed in 5 minutes or less if you want to use the entire bed. It has 2 hydraulics struts for ease of lid lifting, weighs 58 lbs, has an LED light for lighting the interior of the bed at night and made of lightweight composites. I was comparing the painted versions of Leer with the hard cover of others and settled on Undercover. The Leer version was too heavy and complex to remove. Also there is the concern of cracking the lid and/or paint while removing. It took 30 minutes to install. You can find prices on line and use for negotiating with local dealers. Don't forget the discount coupons offered on several brands.Tanker
  • vtxvtx Member Posts: 2
    just bought a 2009 tacoma4x4 automatic it has 1400 miles on it,sometimes it seems to slip and the rpm's go up to about 3000 before it engages,has anyone else heard this yet,it also seems like when you let up on the gas pedal at slower speeds it descellerates quickly
  • PG09_7113_SR5PG09_7113_SR5 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there,

I'm thinking of purchasing a hammok style rear seat cover/dog bed ( http://www.hunterk9.com/site/870877/product/BOW-24 ) for my '09 access cab, but the hammok is suspended from straps that are looped around the front seat headrests, and I'm concerned that may interfere with the active headrests in the event of an accident.

Similarly I am considering purchasing either a telesoping barrier ( http://www.radiofence.com/pet-barriers/4-bar-auto-barrier.htm ) or a net ( http://www.storesonline.com/site/870877/product/330 ) to separate the front and rear seats (to keep the hound confined to rear) but again I'm concerned both may interfere with either the seat-mounted or side-impact air bags.

Has anybody had any experience or read anything regarding the above?

thanks in avance!
    PG
  • daveymandaveyman Member Posts: 2
    I was considering ordering a Tacoma to ge the options I want. I'm told no orders will be filled until June. When I asked Toyota's customer service department, they assumed I was talking about a 2010, but they couldn't provide any details on when the 2010s will come out or whether there would be any changes to the vehicle. This forum indicates the 2009s came out in July of 08. So my assumption is the 2010s will be this summer, especially given the recent rebates to clear out the inventory.

Does anyone have an information on when the 2010s will be out or whether there will be any changes to the vehicle?
  • PG09_7113_SR5PG09_7113_SR5 Member Posts: 2
    Hi there - has anybody had any experience w/ aftermarket backup sensors? I'd like to install one on my '09 Tacoma: http://www.backup-sensor.com/ but i'm unsure how difficult it will be to install, and how well it will work.

PG
    I'm watching this issue myself. And hoping for Dual VVT-i on the 2.7L. For Order Dates, see link title
  • kreuzerkreuzer Member Posts: 131
    that Toyota will bring back the auto. on the column instead of on the console? I like the column set up better because it gives a little more room to fit three comfortably. Anybody know?
  • bluegecko474bluegecko474 Member Posts: 2
    I ordered 2010 Tacoma Double Cab TRD OFFROAD with JBL sound system 10 days ago. It will arrive to the dealership sometime this week.
  • redroadredroad Member Posts: 4
    If you don't me asking. What kind of a deal did you get, price wise? Thank you.
  • ianc435ianc435 Member Posts: 10
    Not a real lsd. Uses traction control to prevent wheel slippage. alternating brake-on holding time to spinning wheel. 2010 trd sport sr5 taco.
This discussion has been closed.