Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Rocker Arm Gone Bad

ruplinruplin Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Pontiac
I recently found a loose rocker arm on the front of my 02 Bonnie. I thought it was just a lifter tapping until I removed the valve cover and found a very wobbly and loose rocker arm. The push rod is loose to. My problem...do I have a damaged lifter or has the rocker arm gone bad.

Comments

• Options
    joel54joel54 Member Posts: 3
    I have bad bushings on the front lower control arm on my 2000 bonneville. My dealer says I have to buy the entire arm. Does anyone know where I can get just the bushings?
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    MOOG Part # K6580 {Control Arm Bushing Kit}
    Rr Susp; Lower; To Frame

$15.84

Found at rockauto.com. Drill through the choices for identifying your car and pick "suspension."

Go to a quality alignment and repair shop. They'll take care of it, including a recheck to see what the problem is for sure. I'm surprised the dealer doesn't want to do the parts.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    The part number you gave me, k6580, is for the rear control arm. My problem is with the front lower control arm. Thanks for any help you can give me.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.