Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• ntassistantntassistant Member Posts: 64
    While searching on Google, I came across this site, featuring information on the 2011 Avalon. I'm not sure how accurate this information is, but there are three new colors listed. The 3rd generation style is in the picture, but as we've been speculating, a new body style is probably in the works. There are two models listed, a Base and Limited. Here is the link if anyone would like to view it:

http://www.myride.com/content/research/vir/index.cfm/action/quicklook/make_vch/T- oyota/make_id_int/37/model_vch/Avalon/newUsed/New/series_id_int/62367/breadcrumb- s/HP%2CResearch%2CMakeSearch/virsection/summary
  • gilseidmangilseidman Member Posts: 22
    I bought the 2008 Toyota Avalon Limited and I now have 25,000 miles on it. It is the best car I have ever owned. It is extremely quiet and I consistently get between 30 and 35 miles to the gallon doing 65mph with the air on. I have had no repairs and zero complaints. There is also the feeling of luxury when you drive this car. You could pay more for so called luxury cars, but you would be wasting your money. Read the latest Consumer Reports on large size vehicles, which this car is.
  • finfin Member Posts: 594
    We have owned one of each of the 3 generations of Avalons. The first two cars lasted about 4 years and 90k each. They were near perfect, two of the best cars we have ever owned and looked great when traded. The 2007 Limited is the same so far, 50k and a great car.

The first two models were very similar except sheetmetal. Moving to the 2005 and up is totally different experience. Everything has been changed. The view out and the front seats are better in the '04 and earlier but engine and suspension changes make the '05 up an overall superior car, my opinion. Hope this helps...
  • toyman2toyman2 Member Posts: 9
    I don't think this site is reliable. They have no new information and simply retread or speculate about the future. I think we are all in somewhat disbelief that Toyota could have a new model intro in the next few months but there is no info. on it. Seems crazy in this day and age that they would not avail. themselves of the multitude of ways they could leak something. Still Toyota is struggling these days, and I think they don't want to do anything to kill the sales of the 2010 in its' last few months. Plenty of people would wait for the 2011 if they new for sure it was coming vs taking a "leftover" 2010. Besides Toyota does not want to closeout 2010 cars at distressed pricing, they want to produce only what they can sell at full margin for as long as they can. IMO.
    I live in New England, and we had 20+ inches of snow this past weekend! My car is filthy and I am tempted to take it to the car wash to pressure wash it. Over the years, I've heard negative things about these pressure washers as they may cause more fine surface scratches. Also, I am concerned to wash it this way because I have the clear paint protection "Road Guard" on the front end of my new Avalon. Is it safe to pressure wash the clear protectant, or will the water pressure lift it? If anyone has any advice or tips, please post! Merry Christmas to everyone!
  • nceencee Member Posts: 419
    I too live in New England (Maine), and must deal with the washing issue daily. All I know is not washing it, isn't an option.

I've been through both pressure washes with and without brushes, and well, the car gets some fine scratches.

I get it detailed in the spring and in the fall, and hope that helps.

My car is Black so you know every little thing shows up:(

Skip
  • jemannerjemanner Member Posts: 9
    Yep, you folks got wacked with a winter storm! We got 5" in my area of Nevada, and thought that was a lot. Thank goodness the roads are generally not salted here, but they do sprinkle gravel which plays heck with windshields and paint nicks. I refuse to use a car wash with automatic brushes, as the car preceding me may have been some hunter's truck with an inch of mud and grit on it. I will use a manual brush following close inspection.
  • necro1234necro1234 Member Posts: 23
    I have never had an issue with the touch free pressure washers, I tried out one of the old fashioned roller types when I first got my car and it took all my clear coat off my mirrors, I was lucky that my dealer replaced both at no cost.
    Since then I have only used the touch free pressure type and so far have not had any complaints.
    The Avalon does have a pretty thin layer of paint compared to many other models which is quite a shame, but I do still love my 2007 XLS :)

Hope yours comes out of the washer problem free as mine has so far.

Good luck

Sheldon
  • danklin24danklin24 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know how to lock out(deactivate) the interior trunk switch next to the driver's seat on a 2010 XLS? It seems to me that as soon as you hand off your key to the valet, they can enter your trunk simply by hitting this switch. Is there a lockout for it? I understand that the valet ket doesnt necessarily open your trunk, theres no key slot anyway. I havent been able to find anything in the manual about this.
  • popsavalonpopsavalon Member Posts: 231
    The manual for my 2007 Avalon says that the valet key coding will not allow the trunk to be opened via the trunk switch. I assume it is the same for your vehicle.
    Thank you for your advice! Yesterday I took my car to the car wash and used the manual power washer with plain water, just to get the excessive salt off of the paint. This method did a great job of removing the salt. Not removing the salt is more harmful than an occaisonal trip to the car wash to power wash the car. I am so glad that I chose silver for my new Avalon! Swirl marks and fine scratches don't show as much as a dark color!
    You are more than welcome.

I am just sure to use a good wax on my car to help protect the underlying clearcoat and paint.
    I've tried many different brands and after doing some research have stuck with using "Nu Finish".

It has done a good job of protecting my underlying clear coat and paint thus far and its easy to wipe off any brake dust/road dirt. (does leave a nice shine and is easy to wipe off once set too).

Good luck with your Avalon, it is a really nice car.

Sheldon
    Hi

Thanks for your post, this has interested me as I've never thought of it.
    I did some digging around online and found this:
    link title

From what I read, if you lock your glovebox, this then sets the trunk to be locked unless the master key is used.

I'll have to give it a try on my 2007 and see.

Let us know if you beat me too it :)

Sheldon
    Happy New Year, Everyone! I just came across an article online pertaining to Toyota planning to cut costs by 30% beginning in 2013 (by using cheaper car parts all around). I found this article to be a little odd. Why would Toyota announce such information? I am a bit skeptical about the content of the article! I'm posting the link if anyone would like to read the information. Any comments or thoughts are appreciated!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/12/24/toyota-cutting-supplier-expenses-by-30-probab- ly-means-using-ch/
  • jemannerjemanner Member Posts: 9
    If true, this is really sad! Toyota would be cutting their own throats, their vehicles becoming not unlike American designed vehicles in longevity and reliability. To repeat what I have mentioned previously as an example, the 6-speed automatic that Toyota was so proud of the design with something like 30% fewer parts, but it has been nothing but problematic.
    The transmission is a prime example! Do you currently own a 3rd generation Avalon with this transmission? There are definitely many glitches in it. I'm still getting accustomed to it.
    Very sad indeed.
    The stories about the 3rd Gens new 6 speed gearbox is kind of surprising, kinda makes me glad I got the old 5 speed.
    So far the gear box is smooth as silk and has worked flawlessly at all rev ranges, my 1st automatic but I'm in love with it :)

Guess we will have to wait n see what happens, hope they are going to uphold QC standards and not give us the norm of some manufacturers.
  • lsundaylsunday Member Posts: 7
    Toyota needs to study GM history and repent. They need to drop some car lines. (Not the Avalon). They have way too many. Do they need a Yaris, a Corolla, and the Scion? All of that costs a ton of money. The bean counters took over GM and the result, as we all know, has been a disaster.

I had a 2005 Lexus ES 330 with the 5 speed transmission. It was a joke. Smooth it was not. One of the big reasons I traded it. The 6 speed in my 2008 Avalon is smooth as silk and a dream to drive. Just made a 300 mile trip in the mountains with it 2 days ago. It's performance was great.
    Title said "Probably means using cheaper parts". This is the reporters take on it.

Yes Toyota wants it's supplies to cut there cost, hell, Toyota is now the biggest or in the top 5 for sure, selling car in the world, and they want to stay there!

MY GUESS is, there suppliers will do what they can, but Toyota will not have much choice but to pay whatever the prices are for the parts they need.

I would agree with others who say "Stop adding lines to your line up", if something is selling well, that's one thing, but come on, Yaris, Scion and the models that are similar within Toyota.

The way Toyota got to the top was their reputation for quality and re-sell value, take that away, and your are just another Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Oldsmobile …

Make the cars last, make them good looking, make them at an affordable price (for what you get), and you'll be fine.

Skip
    So, turns out Toyota is number one in two categories - Sales and Recalls …

Go ahead and make them cheaper, you'll be sure to be number one in two categories year after year, well not two categories, after awhile folks will stop buying your cars and you'll only be number 1 in one … recalls!

Skip
  • tfeltontfelton Member Posts: 80
    I read the article and found is was short and vague. There is also an assumption that the parts will be inferior, not just cost less. The article also states there are 200 parts involved which, as the article mentioned, is a very small percentage of the total and doesn't mention which models are involved. Doing this for the cheaper models would have more impact than on the very expensive models. I would think that if a part were to change the Toyota engineers would have to redesign the part, not just take redesigns from the part manufacturers or simply accept parts made from different materials. And, there are other ways of reducing costs without changing the part. We will probably never notice in future cars which parts cost less than before.

On another point, I like my 6-speed transmission.
  • cjutsoncjutson Member Posts: 8
    If Toyota is indeed revamping the Avalon for 2011, I am hoping they design it shorter than the 2010 Avalon. My 2003 Avalon is 191.9 inches in length but the 2010 Avalon has grown to 197.2 inches in length - 6.3 inches longer than the 2003 Avalon. I question Toyota's reasoning when I compare the Avalon to a 2010 Lexus ES (191.1) and Lexus GS (190.7).

I love my 2003 Avalon and want to purchase a new Avalon but do not want to drive a really big car. I definitely do not want the Avalon to turn into my parents 1980's something Oldsmobile "Love Boats." Do other people have this concern?
    I don't have that concern. One of the reasons I bought the Avalon (2008) is because of its size. I want it to ride like a big car, not a jumpy little car. I've always felt that way and I guess it's because the car I grew up with in high school was a 1951 Chrysler.
    I do not have a concern. I think most Avalon owners (me included) buy them for the roominess and comfort. There are a lot of nice, smaller cars out there. Why hope for the Avalon to join them?
    Big, Long and Lean … that's how I like my cars (and women:).

I had 3 Buick Park Avenues before purchasing my 2008 Avalon, and would look at other cars, if they choose to make it smaller.

Heck, with 4 adults on a 2 week vacation, it was much tighter then I liked:(

The trunk was barely large enough for the suitcases, and this is with a few pieces in the back seat.

Like someone said, there are plenty of very nice smaller cars
    (Camry, Hyundai, BMW 3 series, Audi A4, VW CC anyone), so if you want smaller, get a car designed to be smaller.

This waiting is killing me… I'd love to see some sneak pictures, specs on what might be the 2011 Avalon.

Skip
    I love my 2003 Avalon and just hated to see it grown, to what I remember, as my parents Oldmobile "love boats". When comparing the 2010 Avalon length to Maxima, Lexus models, and Buick Lucerne, only the Lucerne is longer than Avalon. The others are in the 190 - 192 range.
    Not sure about everyone, but MANY folks will likely look at the new Buick Lacrosse as a great choice. Now it's not a Toyota, but it is getting some VERY nice reviews.

If they sell many, that is that many less Toyota will sell, as most people won't trade-in a 1 year old car, unless they don't like it, or the 2011 Avalon is something REAL sweet.

Skip
  • kq0b1kq0b1 Member Posts: 14
    Long time ago (1980s) I owned a Buick Park Avenue. I have the 2009 Limited and it's the Best riding car besides the large Caddy back in the day. I love my Avalon because of its ride and comfort. If I were to buy something upwards it would be a Lexus 460. Yeah I like the gas mileage on the Avalon but the ride reminds me of the Park Avenue. Personally I would like to see more room on the passenger side seat going back more. The trunk has great room. I am not a Lexus wanna-be and could afford a Lexus but I think for the return on investment you can't beat the Avalon. Only 8000 miles on my 2009 and I can see it going a long time with proper care. I can understand cjustin concerns but I think Toyota will will come out with another line rather than change the Avalon to be a "Love Boat". :)
    I do not have that concern either. If you want a smaller car buy the Camry or Lexus ES. I transport clients in my Avalon and they love the room. The Avalon has approximately the same interior dimensions as a Lexus LS. That is great as I can't afford to pay $75K for any car. I applaud Toyota for building the Avalon. Many people need a full size car at a reasonable price - if you call $40K reasonable.

I have read comments on this forum that Toyota can't afford to have the Avalon eating into the sales of the LS. Are you kidding me, the additional $35K in price would keep me and a lot of other potential buyers from even considering an LS. I would be forced to go to another brand if the Avalon were to be discontinued.

As I have said before, what Toyota really needs to do is advertise the Avalon and get the dealers to stock more than 3 or 4 cars. They have a real winner and it would sell if they would put some effort into marketing it. It is a crime that they don't.
    I agree 100% with you. Toyota should be putting more effort into marketing the Avalon. I remember back in early spring 2005, when this current, 3rd generation debuted, there was one television commercial. I specifically remember the commercial focusing on the rain sensing wipers on the Limited model. This was the only major advertising on national TV for this current generation Avalon. After 2005, Toyota has not really brought much attention to the Avalon. Now there is zero % financing available on new 2010 models. This is about the only advertising the Avalon has received (along with the other Toyota vehicles being offered with the same financing specials).

Also, as you mentioned, dealers should have more than 3-4 Avalons on their lots for sale. I don't think I've ever visited a Toyota dealership with more than 5 Avalons available on the lot! Dealerships should have a good selection of each model offered along with a good selection of interior/exterior color combinations. I realize the Avalon isn't Toyota's #1 seller. However, it would be nice to have more choices of the Avalon to see at dealerships.

It seems as though Toyota is really pushing the Limited model. Most dealers in the New England region only have Avalons in the Limited model on their lots. I've noticed this since 2008, when the Avalon received a minor redesign. Occaisonally, an XL or XLS model will roll in and sell rather quickly. Does anyone else notice this in different parts of the country?
    Here in Arizona we see mostly XLS models on the dealer lots. Those are more than likely white, silver or black. I finally located a Silver Pine Mica Limited and bought it before anyone else could. That was after a year of scouring the internet and dealer lots. I didn't want to order one before I saw one up close and personal. I have had many positive comments about the car and the color. I love it.
    Very interesting! In New England most new, available Avalons are silver, black, and Magnetic Grey. The Silver Pine Mica, Cocoa Bean, Blue Mirage, and Cassis Pearl, are not able to be found anywhere in New England.

After 2008, when the Touring model was discontinued, I wanted to purchase a 2009 XLS in Blue Mirage with dark charcoal interior. I love this color combo.! Beginning in 2009, Toyota offered the dark charcoal interior on the XLS and Limited models. For quite some time, I checked dealer inventories within a 100 mile radius from where I live. I could not find such car in this color combo. I insisted on buying a new Avalon with the dark charcoal interior. Finally, in October 2009, I found a silver XLS with dark charcoal interior and the factory options that I wanted. To find any Avalon with dark charcoal interior, in the New England region was almost impossible! It took almost two years for me to find one with dark charcoal interior! Even though I wanted the Blue Mirage, I like the silver exterior as it is light and doesn't show the dirt as much as a darker color, especially with the road salt associated with New England winters! I was told by several dealers that I would have to order the blue and black combo. Like you, I wanted to see the car in person without having to order it!
  • stormin800stormin800 Member Posts: 39
    CJutson,
    Do not fear the longer length of the new Gen 3 (05-10) Avalons vs your Gen 2 (03) Avalon. I traded my 03 for an 06 and it felt far from like riding in the "Big Boat". As a matter of fact, due to the suspension tuning etc, the newer Gen 3 feels less like riding in a big boat then my 03 Avalon did. It feels smaller because the front seat is smaller and tighter (wider center console and dashboard). I was hesitant to get rid of the 03 because it was so good to me for 80,000 miles, but I started to notice that the suspension wasn't as tight as it was when it was new. I also felt that my luck of spending money only on oil changes,brakes and tires was coming to an end, even though I read on this forum about many people with Gen 2 Avalons with hundreds of thousands of miles on their cars. So far, I am very happy with the 06 and it looks better than the 03.

I do agree that the Avalon is one of Toyotas best kept secrets. If they actually tried to sell this model with a marketing campaign, they would certainly sell many more Avalons. I am sure that they would hurt some of their Lexus sales, but they would more than make up for the loss Lexus sales with Avalon converts from many other manufacturers.
    When Toyota went from '03 to the current Avalon they finally understood the long over due need to have a flagship, besides the LS. You simply cannot have a flagship using the midsize chassis and wheel base hense the new length. At the same time, and following the trends set by others mid size cars got larger. The current Camry's back seat is about the same as the '03 Avalon. So that's really the car to go for, for a smaller package with similar amenities. As far as advertising more, that's not going to happen because of the age demographic. It's a niche car at the large boulevard cruiser size, and that appeals to an age group (read older), who are not car enthsiasts but comfort enthusiasts. If Toyota really wanted to lower the age of the Avalon buyer they would advertise, but that would cut into Camry sales or LS's. Think about it, if Toyota is already the world's largest maker, and they have the lion's share of sales in the large car market, trying to sell more by advertising would only canabalize their own models. Who should they take sales from Ford's 500, (oops I mean Taurus)? The other large cars are $35,000 more and are called SClass, 750's and LS's. Not our market. BTW, I have a 2007 Limited in Silver Pine Mica. Best car I have ever owned and the best color too. Am waiting for the 2011 to make a trade so I hope they improve on what is already a great package.
    One of the small benefits to being a traveling salesman. I can check out colors an options of cars anywhere from Maine to Florida. I point this out to say, if you want to check out colors an options for the car you want, think about a longer driver, to get what you want. Once you've seen the car, if you like it, see if they will do a "Dealer Swap" with your local dealer. Heck, they may make you an offer you can't refuse, just to get the sale.

The down side is, your local dealer won't like the fact you did this, so to make both parties happy, look around and don't ask the dealer with the car, just tell the local dealer where you saw / drove one, and ask if they can see about a dealer swap.

Going the extra mile with insure that you are one of the only people in your area with a car in those colors and with those options.

Skip
    What you say makes more sense to me now. Thanks for taking the time to explain. My 2003 is a really good size for me, easy to manipulate in traffic and easy to park. My parents drove monster cars in the 80's that my kids called love boats. I just hated to see the Avalon grown into this monster car.

In purchasing a new vehicle I have looked at the Camry and even the Venza. But, as you can imagine, they do not have the luxury features of my 2003 Avalon. Guess I will have to compromise by either purchasing the longer Avalon or going with Camry or Venza and not have the luxury.

My Alvalon is basically the same color as your 2007 and I love it. I may get the same color again.

Thanks again.
  • wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    If I were Toyota I would drop the current Avalon in favor of a Toyota "clone" of the GS350. Now THAT would constitute a TOYOTA FLAGSHIP, top of the FLEET..!!
    This is an interesting discussion about the size of cars. A person's perception about size must have to do with their experience through the years and I don't feel like an 'old fogey' when it comes to my taste in cars even though I may be. I like the Avalon because it handles well with the power it has relative to its size and can comfortably eat up miles on long trips. But, I don't feel the Avalon is a big boat. It may be on the large size by today's standards (if you don't count the SUVs, pickups, and vans) but certainly not large relative to cars that I grew up with which goes back to my parent's Model A they had when I was born. Also, remember the Oldsmobile with 44 pounds of chrome. I think one of the best cars of the 80s was the Ford Taurus and it stayed that way until they had some high school dropouts redesign it. I hope the new model brings back innovations like it originally had. Anyway, there's a lot of car models out there because there are a lot of different opinions on what is a good car.
    I have seen these comments before about the GS350 clone, and I am still confused by the logic. If you want a GS350, buy one for about $40+k, but why move the Avalon from the excellent, comfortable, roomy, vehicle that it is, and add $10K to the price?

There are several other $40K clone vehicles out there already, why would Toyota want to add another to compete with Lexus?
    If the lowly but best selling Camry can be spiffed up, dressed up, to sell as the more upscale ES350, why not an "undressed" GS350 as a RWD Avalon??

"..why would Toyota want add another to compete with Lexus..."

You mean, say, like the new Venza...??

At this moment I would be buying a F/awd Venza with the new I4 instead of an RX350.

On the other hand a F/awd RX225 using the Venza platform but with the Venza's I4 adapted for DFI and e/VVT-i would put me in the market NOW...!!
  • tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,900
    why not an "undressed" GS350 as a RWD Avalon??

Too small... now OTOH I like your thinking how about an "undressed" LS and instead of the V8 the 2GR-FSE (direct injection) V6 under the hood.... sign me up!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

There are several reasons we will never see a decontented GS350 to replace the Avalon. First and foremost is they need the FRONT Drive Camry as the base car. The Avalon has always used the last Camry subframe and the new one will be no exception. It is no coincidence that the 2011 Camry is also a new model leaving the old architecture to be the "new" stretched version of the 2011 Avalon. Also remember the GS is built in Japan, as Toyota has no rear wheel platforms in the USA it is virtually impossible based on the qty. for Avalon to go it alone as RWD. Remember the economies necessary to justify its existence side by side with the Camry in Kentucky. And although some people resent this characterization, RWD cars are not bought by our demographic. Avalon's age group prefers safe, non-skidding front drivers, not fish tailing RWD's regardless of how much anti swerve mechanics are built in, we will never give up FWD. And finally my favorite argument I always give. Toyota does not want another mid-sizer to be the flagship. Want proof. Look how poorly the Maxima does as flagship because it is the same size as the Altima. And the Acura RL is all but extinct as the flagship because it is virtually the same size as the TL.
    You know something, I can't honestly say, I have ever felt more comfortable driving a FWD car over a RWD car? And what's worst, I can't honestly say, I've ever noticed a difference, until I've TRIED to fishtail the rear while driving in the snow. I find that a bit weird and interesting now that folks mention it.

I've owned over 35 cars so far, with 3/4+ of them being RWD cars. The most recent (last 10 years or so) have been FWD cars (7 Toyotas a Honda and a chevy Vega that I'm not sure if that was FWD or RWD), the others, Pontiacs, (Catallina's, GTO) Buicks, (3 Park Avenue's, 1 GS) Ford (piece of shiet, Tempo), Chevys, (Vega, 66 Impale SS, Monte Carlo) Olds (Vista Crusie, Cutlass's) to name but a few. And I must admit, driving all of these cars while living in northern New England (Maine area) I can't say as I ever felt any more comfortabal or safer in any one of these cars, any more then the other, as far as RWD vs FWD.

In any case, I just hope they DO re-design the Avalon, and that it is a design I / we like, because I'll be looking to trade late this year.

Skip
  • kq0b1kq0b1 Member Posts: 14
    I keep reading these comparisons to the ES350 to the Avalon. I more or less compare the Avalon Limited to the ES460. Why compare - why not just buy the Lexus. I didn't consider the Lexus for the substantial increase in price and the ROI. I will not buy another RWD. I have owned many RWDs in the past and the fish-tailing and lack of control was not for me. Given the hump in the back of the Lexus and lack of difference in options why even consider the Lexus. Yes Toyota could do a lot to refine the Avalon but the ride is just great to me, along with the comfort level in the driver and passenger seat. My wife loves to ride in the back seat of my Limited and recline the seat - next thing I know she is dozing away either from the comfort of the seat or ignoring me -- ha ha. It is good to do comparisons but it gets boring listening and reading to the same thing over and over. I considered the Camry but did not like its' size. I still get stares at my 2009 Avalon Limited and it shows off good riding down the highway. So the long story is if you want a Lexus go get one and reduce the comparisons --- if it does not meat with your expectations there is a used car buyer out there that would snap up your Avalon up in a heartbeat! Cars are like computers top me; trade up every 3 years or so to get the technical advantages --- life is too short to worry about what could be.
    The posts by toyman2 and kg0b1 are right on. There is a certain demographic out there (me included) who will never buy anything but FWD. The Avalon is a comfortable, roomy, vehicle with good performance and 30 MPG highway mileage.

If you want some different features, buy a Lexus or one of the host of other vehicles that are out there. Let's just keep the Avalon pretty much as is, and we will keep buying them!
    I agree with your feelings about comparisons. If you like a Lexus, buy a Lexus, if you like a Pinto, buy a Pinto. I have an '08 Avalon Ltd. and enjoy driving it and plan to keep it for a long time and I really don't care what other cars have. My other car is a '98 Sienna with 222K on it and heading towards 300K. I hope the Avalon can do the same. My first experience with FWD was in a '87 Ford Taurus. The first day I drove it I had to go to PA. I started out in an ice storm driving up over a mountain pass. Other cars were all twisted and in the woods and ditches but I keep going and when I got over the mountain there ended up being one foot of snow and I still keep going. I said to myself "I love FWD."
    From the standpoint of having lived in New England (NH, MA, & PA) and the Pacific NW (MT, OR, WA), there are NO mountain passes in PA.
    That's right, it wasn't in PA.
    WW, I think you are bashing tfelton just because he owns an Avalon, and likes it!

I have one, also, and I don't want it to be a Lexus, or Venza, or ...., etc.
    No, only because the only "passes" in the NE shouldn't be referred to as "mountain".