Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

BMW X6 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
edited August 2014 in BMW
Tell us about shopping for your X6!!

Edmunds Price Checker
Edmunds Lease Calculator
Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Comments

• dollar_pounddollar_pound Member Posts: 46
    Hi anyone lease this car yet. does any know the money factors and residuals for X6
  • jelmassjelmass Member Posts: 11
    Dealers insisting on selling at list price. no discount. and few month wait to get one.
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    Good morning jelmass,

BMW X6s are very difficult to find. However, I visited one dealer in the New York metro area that had three vehicles (black, green, red) that were well equipped and had about 200 miles on them.

I asked about leasing one and they said it would easily be over $1000 per month, most likely closer to $1200-$1300 with taxes and inception fees due at signing. The MSRP on these vehicles was over $70k.

Regards,
    Matt
    [email protected]
  • jelmassjelmass Member Posts: 11
    thanks Matt. did you try negotiating with them the selling price?

Jay
  • eights38eights38 Member Posts: 145
    jelmass,

To be honest with you, the design still hasn't grown on me.

Matt
    [email protected]
  • hellagranthellagrant Member Posts: 31
    Come on guys!!!!!! Post up your price paid please. I need to know what the market is like for the X6 right now. Probably really bad, considering the economy plus the fact that the X6 was a complete failure for BMW haha.
  • achonkoachonko Member Posts: 51
    I got $1500 over invoice from my favourite dealer in Austin
    Was this recently? I feel that the X6 shouldn't be a huge profit maker because they are in low demand, not just because of the economy, but because no one really wants one.
  • achonkoachonko Member Posts: 51
    Yep. A month ago.
    Dealership: BMW of Austin, Austin
    State: Texas
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I been getting offers as low as invoice + $0 right now. Thats right, they are selling at invoice!!! haha I am trying to get below invoice. I don't care if it is just $10 below, I want to brag about getting a price below invoice!

Anyone looking for a X6 right now, go shopping. Car sales in general sucks, especially BMW, especially the X6!!!
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    Thanks man, I appreciate it. I been getting offers as low as invoice + $0 right now. Thats right, they are selling at invoice!!! haha I am trying to get below invoice. I don't care if it is just $10 below, I want to brag about getting a price below invoice!

Anyone looking for a X6 right now, go shopping. Car sales in general sucks, especially BMW, especially the X6!!!

Hello,

I see you're in the market for the x6, I've been thinking about a new car for quite a while.

I've read many many problems about the x6, not others opinions about the design, but reliability issues, engine over heating,

Some say the i6 is better, the engine won't heat up, there is no turbo lag, it will be reliable in the long term.

Then some say, the v8 is better, because it has a revised v8 turbo which the i6 does not have, but it will have turbo lag, and again some say no turbo lag in the v8.

Kind of confusing, but believe me, I've read a lot about x6, following about the car since a year, when it came out.

I am not really interested in the v8 because I've tested the i6 and its more than fast enough for me, but the thing is I've read no revised turbo for the i6.

Also read that the v8 feels heavier,which the i6 doesn't.

These information are not all from the internet, some are, but most are from my friends who works at bmw dealers, and my own driving experience.

I might end up getting the new RX, will test this week.
    Did you get an RX? The new ones look really great. Huge improvement.
  • 29202920 Member Posts: 3
    I just closed my deal on a X6 last week. Want to give your my buying exp.

I talked to 5-7 BMW dealers on the southeast coast, and with a little negotiation 3-4 of them wanted to give me the invoice price as selling price. You can find the invoice prices here on Edmunds. Just remember to include MACO and training. For me it was 480$ added to the invoice price.

On top of the selling price I also got 1750$ promotion rebate in june for financing through BMWFS

So my final price was invoice + 480$ - 1,750$
    No, I never got it. Can't make up my mind that what I really want anymore.
    Could you share your driving experience? Did you get the inline6 or the v8?
    Some driving experience with be appreciated.
    What car did you own before the x6?
  • flugelflugel Member Posts: 34
    I am on East Coast...Northern Virginia and want to buy a semi-loaded X-6 V-8.

The best deal I can find is $1,000 over invoice plus crappy trade-in since it is a Lexus. Some even want $299 dealer processing fee to boot.

Do you mind sharing the name of a few dealers and who you spoke with that will freely offer INVOICE price without any games,,,,please.

Thanks,

Steve
    Haymarket, Virginia
    [email protected]
  • kp14kp14 Member Posts: 1
    Is there any new info on the selling prices of 2010 X6 50? Seems like the dealers have the leverage with only a few in stock.
  • dlebarondlebaron Member Posts: 6
    I ordered the following earlier this month. It is set to be built over thankgiving and i should have the 1st of December. I ended up paying Invoice, then BMW gives you $3500 off for diesel, and another $2500 off for Holldiay cash incentive. Since its a diesel i also will get the 1800 federal tax credit. This takes a 70K msrp price to low 50K. I worked through a broker based out of colorado.

Sport Activity Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Technology Package
    20" Light-alloy wheels Y-Spoke (style 214) with mixed run-flat performance tires
    Comfort Access system
    Heated rear seats
This discussion has been closed.