Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier BMW X6 Lease Questions

Comments

• macd1995macd1995 Member Posts: 6
    edited May 2012
    I ended up getting 1,028 over invoice. Thanks for the post, somehow I did not get the email notification. I check with 6 dealers and took the best price that I got!
  • x6fansx6fans Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    Bought a X6 model Bluetooth Wireless Speaker, can be a little gift for X6 car!image
  • enjoi888enjoi888 Member Posts: 5
    Hey Car_man,
    It seems like you are extremely knowledgeable about financing here on new bimmers. Okay, so here's my dilemma! There's two prestigious BMW dealers in my state and one of them has a no haggle policy and the other one ask me what I want to pay for for my X6. My X6 after building on the website is around $79,000 and I am planning to put around $4,000 down. Right now, the no haggle dealer is willing to do $2600 discount because of the X6 new edition and I was like okay and I haven't mentioned to the one that allows me to haggle but I feel like they can do more. I told the no haggling to include some package on there since they can't haggle and they said NO and I feel like i might get rip off! What should I do? How much do you think I should ask to pay over invoice at the one that allows me to haggle? They said the most they can do is $2500 but I have a feeling they can do more there and plus they do charge $400 dealer fees and they claimed that the no haggle dealership do charge for that but just included with their price since the haggle dealer place says it's a law in my state. Also, they both like to trash talk each other and I was like okay. Which one should I go for? How much should I ask to pay over invoice? I want my monthly payment around $800 ish . Lastly, I have two finance options that I want to consider! The first one is lease which is after 3 years I can either buy it or walk away or do the balloon payment option which I was at first going for but it sounds too risky! please help and if you need to, you can send me send me a message for my email to provide you more with honest figures. I am afraid dealers might be on here. Thanks for your help!!!
    You got that price for the 35i or 50i?

Don't settle for anything over 1000K over invoice. I got mine (50i) for $1,028 over invoice. Check out Xbimmer.com for good advice and information. Not sure where you are, but it you check Truecar.com and get prices from various dealers, you will get a very good price and can choose who makes you the most comfortable. Good luck.
    At the no haggling place they are offering $76,000 after building my car to 79,000 for a 50i. Is that an okay deal? I haven't contact the dealership that is willing to take $ off. Thanks for the reply! I appreciate greatly!
    edited June 2012
    They are pricing 3K under MSRP. You should be pricing out their offer against Invoice. Go here, download the PDF and do the math:

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650795

Aim for $1,000 over Invoice.
    Thank you sir! I will look into that! I was thinking to lease to own. Is that still worth asking for that? Should I let the other dealer know how much I am being offered from no haggle dealer?
    Lease w/ option to buy? I am not sure that it matters (I could be wrong).
    I would suggest that you go to Truecar.com, submit the options you want, and then get the best price you can get from the various dealers. (blind auction)... and then, work with the Sales person you feel the most comfortable with (if he can match the best price). Car buying should be about price and comfort. I built my own pricing model so that I understood the components of a lease and I was intelligent enough about what the Sales people were offering me. If you want to be comfortable about your pricing options, you will need to research why people do leases and how they get priced out (if you haven't already)

If those two things are found in the dealer closest to you, even better, because they will also service the car and will want to maintain a good relationship.
    Hello,
    Thanks for all the input and I do appreciate all of them! Okay, so I went on Truecar but the website doesn't seem to be too user friendly! I put in my zip and it only came out with one car. I will look into that. Also, since I'm going to be dong a lease and I have to apply with BMW Financial, I am assuming I do have to go to the BMW dealer who helped me to apply right? I feel like they are not bad but I hate the fact that they don't haggle and keep saying that they survive by high volume sales plus every single time when I go to them I feel pushy for it. If you know what I meant. My friends asked me to consider ordering out of state. Does that really make a difference in terms of price? If that is the case, has anyone here try that before? If so, which dealers in your mind is a lot more easy going and treat you like a family and takes care of you? I was thinking to order one maybe if it allows in Arizona or Las Vegas. I've done some searching and it can be cheaper. Thank you for all the help!
    I found Truecar very easy to use. Also try:
    http://amexnetwork.zag.com/configurator.html?makeId=2217&modelId=1152&trimId=252- 496&upfrontPricing=Y#

Once you build dealers will contact you. Make you start with invoice price and not MSRP. I leased through BMW but I think you can choose a leasing company as long as they have allocations and can actually get you a BMW. I got an offer from a company in New York after I purchased mine. If you were in the New York area, i would send you the dealers I spoke with.
    Hello macd1995,
    Thank you so much for all your inputs! I do appreciate it! One of the BMW dealer ( the one where I can haggle) is saying that it's a special car and right now it is at 79,856 and they are willing to lease it to me for $2500 over invoice. What do you think? I was thinking to negotiate little more and have time not charge me on the dealer fee which is like at $395 and I want them to put on tinted windows and clear nose mask for the car for $1500 or cheaper. Which do you think? Please assist! Thanks!
  • stargazer0791stargazer0791 Member Posts: 32
    Hello Car_man,

I am helping my brother get into a lease on an X6 and was wondering if you would kindly post the current BMW terms (resid and money factor) for

2013 X6 xDrive35i
    36 month lease term
    20K per year

Many thanks!

Hope this X6 board comes back to life a little!
    Anyone enter into a recent lease on an X6? Please share some feedback.

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    I'd be happy to help you and your brother out xmonger.

BMW Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X6 xDrive35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 56%, respectively.

If you need to drive more than 15,000 miles per year, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • normiesnormies Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks for all you do on the forums.

Is it too early to inquire about September numbers? If not, can you please provide them for the following (I know you just did one on 8/26 :) )

2013 X6 xDrive35i with 15,000 miles per year
    2012 X6 xDrive35i with 15,000 miles per year

Also, is it possible to list the MF for the different credit tiers? The reason I ask is that we are looking at a X6 or Q7, and we just got married and my high card balances may bring my scores down and I just wanted to be prepared when going in. I'm thinking I'm not going to be top tier, but will run my score before going in.

I'm going to post in the Q7 forum as well.

Sorry for all of the questions, but thank you very much,

Brett
  • normiesnormies Member Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man,

Can you please disregard my post above about the X6? We went to test drive it and the Q7 and they are not comparable in size, so we are moving forward with the Q7.

Thank you.

Brett
  • sbasusbasu Member Posts: 6
    Hi - We're trying to lease a 2013 BMW x6, Premium Package, Running Boards, 3 rear-seats and BMW apps. Salem BMW is selling it to me for $2000 less than MSRP i.e. for $62,895. I have very little energy negotiations right now so is this price reasonable or am I getting ripped off?

What is the MF and residual I should be using? I'm looking for 12000mi/yr.

Seems to me, from reading the forums, that MF is 0.00091 and Residual is 60%?
    You're welcome Brett. Thanks for noticing. Here's the September information that you're looking for.

BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X6 xDrive35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 56%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00145 and 58%.

These money factors are for consumers who have credit scores of 675 or higher. They increase by .00020 for consumers whose scores are 640 - 674, .00040 for 601 - 639 and .00060 for 600 - 575.

Car_man
    Host
    Hmmmm, should have read this before answering the previous question :). I'll see if I can find out what the September programs are like for the Q7 and see you over there Brett.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi sbasu. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X6 xDrive35i with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

A $2,000 discount is still probably at least $3,000 over invoice. There's enough room there that it wouldn't hurt to comparison shop a little if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man

Thanks for help in answering my specific question and all the help you provide on the forum.

Very much appreciated!
    You're very welcome xmonger.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Carman - I'm at the BMW dealership and I'm being quoted 59% residual with 0.00165 MF for 10kmi per year on the x6.
    Hi sbasu. BMW FS' buy rate lease money factor for this vehicle is only .00145, so the dealer that you're working with is marking it up slightly.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car_man. Any thoughts on the Residual?

And, on the MF, is 145 the cost of the money to BMW FS or is that already marked up/margin to it's cost of the money?
    You're welcome sbasu. The residual value is correct. BMW dealers don't have the authority to alter BMW FS' resids.

A money factor of .00145 may actually be below BMW FS' cost of money. I don't think that anyone outside of a few employees at BMW FS knows what its cost of money is. It doesn't really matter what BMW FS' cost of money is because this is the lowest possible money factor for this vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Ok. This helps immensely.

This tells me that 59% residual is what it is. 0.00165 MF being offered is not the lowest. As someone with a 700+ credit score I should be able to avail of 0.00145 MF.
  • zheckszhecks Member Posts: 50
    think about dealing with an used car salesman. He is going to tell you every "right" reason to charge you more. As far as I am concerned, you should only pay the 0.00145 MF and nothing more. I signed a deal recently and the dealer wanted to charge my a higher MF. All you have to say is that, another dealer is offering 0.00145. should I deal with someone else?? you will get it.
    Glad that I could help you out, sbasu. Good luck in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Car-man, my x6 is finally at the dealership so my lease deal will be based on Nov figures. What is the 36mo/10k MF and residual for an x6 in nov? Thank you much.
  • metamindwerxmetamindwerx Member Posts: 12
    What are the November lease rates for 36/10k– money factor, residual for a 2013 BMW X6 35i?
    Sweet. Here you go sbasu. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X6 35i with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take the $1,500 holiday credit that is currently available on the '13 X6 into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi metamindwerx. Please see my previous post for the information that you're looking for. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • metamindwerxmetamindwerx Member Posts: 12
    Carman,

Thank you for the help - with your assistance, I was successful in negotiating my dealer down to .00135, 59% residual, 1k over invoice, and capturing the 1500 holiday cash plus 750 in loyalty $.

I have a couple of questions for you... regarding the lease deal. I want to pay all the up-fronts and not have them factored into my cap cost at all, so it doesn't affect my lease. My dealer tells me they have to be in the contract and included in my cap cost - is this true? Also, after looking at the math of doing MSDs I think it's not a bad deal - because it's basically a 11% return on money (which is earning far more than what I'm earning elsewhere and those funds are just sitting so I could afford to use them) - what are your thoughts on that?

Finally, I had Fidelity tire warranty in the past and it worked well for me - what is a good price to pay for this, and do you know of any other sources where I could purchase it at a better price? I've not yet got a quote from my dealer.

Thanks!
    Hey - for some reason I missed your reply. Thanks for the details - this is very helpful. You've been a great help.
  • beezaleebeezalee Member Posts: 2
    Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forums and so far I've learned about leasing and such, so thank you in advance for all the information you guys have provided. Before I get into my questions, I am a complete noob when it comes to leasing a car and only have a basic knowledge of how to do the math.

At any rate, I am interested in leasing a 2013 BMW X6 xDrive35i (36 mo/10k miles) and was intrigued to learn that BMW is doing it's holiday special. The special lists the monthly lease payment at $659.00 excluding taxes based on a MSRP of $63,395.00 In the fine print, it states that total lease payments are $23,724.00 and that the vehicle may be purchased at the end of the lease for $37,757.00

I am looking to break this down and reverse calculate the holiday special so that I can obtain the other variables needed (MF for example). I have turned to this forum in particular to find some guidance in doing so.

So, my questions for you guys are:

1) Am I right in my assumption to take this approach? Specifically, I am looking to get the X6 with the sports package, premium package, and premium sound and want to know about how much I will be expecting to pay for the monthly which is why I rationed that I need all the other variables not explicitly listed in the fine print.

2) Does the $659 include the interest payments or is this just the base monthly price? What would be the actual residual of the vehicle at the end of the lease?

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and I look forward to hearing from you guys!
  • rsingletonrsingleton Member Posts: 19
    car_man

I was under assumption based on what i read that residual for x6 3.5 15k was 57% for november. I think I read that a couple places. However the dealer is quoting me 56% and I do know that residuals are set by BMW FS and dealers can't change them. However, why is it that I read a couple places that it's 57% and they are saying 56%.

right now, i'm $1,190 over invoice with .00135 and 56%. How much lower do you think I can get to invoice base on what your saying.

Thanks
    You're very welcome metamindwerx. It sounds like you did a good job in your negotiations. I don't think that you have to include all of the various fees and other charges in your vehicle's capitalized cost if you don't want to, but I usually advise consumers to do so. Consumers who pay a ton of money at lease signing are usually essentially out that money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It's safer to put as little money down as possible at signing whenever possible.

MSDs are indeed usually a pretty good deal, particularly in today's low interest rate environment where that money would be earning next to nothing in the bank.

Unfortunately, I'm not all that familiar with tire warranty pricing.

Car_man
    Host
    No problem sbasu. I'm glas that I was able to help you out. See you around the boards.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome beezalee. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I can provide you with the money factor and residual value information, so all you have to worry about is figuring out an attractive selling price, which we'll get to in a second.

BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X6 xDrive35i with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 59% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Now back to the selling price. You can look up the dealer invoice price of the exact vehicle that you are interested in over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com. Once you have that number, subtract the available $1,500 holiday cash incentive from that and add whatever dealer profit you think you can get away with, say $500 or $1,000 and there's your offer.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello rsingleton. The correct residual value for a 36 / 15 lease of this vehicle is indeed 56%.

The deal that you were offered looks reasonable to me. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the X6 right now, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to shave a couple hundred dollars off.

Car_man
    Host
  • beezaleebeezalee Member Posts: 2
    Car_man - Thank you very much for your help. Gonna go to the dealership this week with this new found knowledge and hopefully pull off a favorable deal.
    You're very welcome beezalee. Good luck in your negotiations. Happy Holidays!

Car_man
    Host
  • warz00warz00 Member Posts: 34
    Hi Car Man - can i get money factor, residual, and incentives for the above car for 36 months, 15k miles? Thx!
    Absolutely warz00. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X6 xDrive 50i with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • rsingletonrsingleton Member Posts: 19
    Dang i just got an x6 3.5 4 days ago for .00135 and 58% on 12k. According to this a 12k is 59% now. Maybe the holiday credit i got offsets this. Hope so
  • warz00warz00 Member Posts: 34
    Thx very much Car Man! How would it change for 36 months/12k miles? Also I am familiar with multiple security deposit (MSD) programs - what is in it for the auto leasing companies to offer MSD programs? Thx
    Hi warz00. The money factor for a lease with 12,000 miles per year would be the same, but the residual value would be 2% higher.

I suppose that banks benefit from doing multiple security deposits in two ways. One, they have your money if your car comes back completely trashed rather than having to chase you around for it. Two, and this was more true in the past than in today's zero interest rate environment, they benefit from the float. They can invest the money that you gave them for three years and keep any interest that they earn on it.

Car_man
    Host
  • rickyeee1rickyeee1 Member Posts: 13
    Hi Car Man
    I'm in south florida i'm looking to lease bmw x6 15 k year 36 months
    taxes built in 7% florida
    could you give my an idea what should i be paying
    i do not want to be taken for a ride with sales person
    your time is appreciated

also i like gran turismo also
    Hi rickyeee1. Please provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact model that you're interested in and I'll gladly use BMW's current lease program to work up a sample lease payment for you. You can find the pricing data for the base vehicle and all of its options over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.