Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2009 Honda Odyssey

arndezarndez Member Posts: 1
Any one have insight on whether or not the Odyssey will get a major design change for '09? I'm thinking of purchasing an '08 model, but would rather wait for '09 if a major design change is coming. Thanks!

Comments

• cccompsoncccompson Member Posts: 2,382
    Nope, it'll be '10 or, more likely, '11 before the 4th generation comes out.
  • shinbone1shinbone1 Member Posts: 9
    Check out the Odyssey in Australia. Is this a glimpse of things to come? Dash is very similar to 2008 Acura MDX! http://www.honda.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/internet/Honda.com.au/Home/Showroom/Odys- - sey/Gallery/
  • robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    That's a completely different vehicle. The Odyssey sold in Asia and Australia/New Zealand is a car based people carrier. The North American Odyssey is much larger and was sold in Japan under the Lagreat model name.
  • rv65rv65 Member Posts: 1,076
    No changes or some very minor changes. 2009 could debut a 2010 model but who knows. The 010 odyssey could get a iPod compatible USB port.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    You just got the mid-cycle update for 2008, and judging by the last generation, there will likely be three years of this style, with a complete update for 2011.
  • benjamcebenjamce Member Posts: 6
    Anyone know when the 2009's will come out? We are considering a 2008 and have a good offer on the table, but if the 09s are due out this summer we may wait and try to get an even better deal.
  • turbodrockturbodrock Member Posts: 2
    September
  • tobitttobitt Member Posts: 3
    I was just in a dealer in Ontario, CA picking up an Odyssey brochure and I asked the guy this question. He said, like above, that September is when they will start getting the '09's. He also said that they should be still receiving new '08's for the next couple of months. This guy suggested that he's already starting to discount the '08's "a couple thousand dollars". So take that for what it's worth.
    Colors:

MOCHA METALLIC/IVORY
    BALI BLUE PEARL/GRAY
    OCEAN MIST METALLIC/GRAY
    NIGHTHAWK BLACK PEARL/IVORY
    SLATE GREEN METALLIC/GRAY
    STERLING GRAY METALLIC/GRAY
    SLATE GREEN METALLIC/OLIVE
    DARK CHERRY PEARL/IVORY
    SILVER PEARL METALLIC/GRAY
    TAFFETA WHITE/IVORY

Supposedly all Tourings will be PAX for 09. The 08 Touring non Pax rims should bolt right in for those who want a pax free version. However Honda could drop PAX from the 09 Touring. The 09 Acura RL has no PAX option anymore. I think this is for the Touring all these colors. The non tourings may vary. Touring will get standard NAVI and RES. Hope this helps.
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I thought Navi and RES were already standard on the Touring; it was just a matter of PAX or not.

I think PAX was a bust; I wouldn't be surprised to see it completely go away in the near future; I think Honda was the only automaker who decided to give it a shot.
    RL3829EW 2009 ODYSSEY 5DR LX 5AT KA
    RL3849EW 2009 ODYSSEY 5DR EX 5AT KA
    RL3869JW 2009 ODYSSEY 5DR EX-L 5AT KA
    RL3879JW 2009 ODYSSEY 5DR EX-L RES 5AT KA
    RL3879KW 2009 ODYSSEY 5DR EX-L R&N 5AT KA
    RL3889KW 2009 ODYSSEY 5DR TOUR PAX 5AT KA

I can confirm that the PAX free option will be dropped on the 09 touring so get your 08 Non PAX tourings while you can.
  • pmicklepmickle Member Posts: 20
    I hope the Sterling Gray color will be available with an Olive interior. I think that the deletion of Sage Brush Pearl was one of the worst decisions they ever made. I have a Sage Brush with Olive and to be honest, it is more the interior color that matters to me the most. Now I am down to just Slate Green and Nimbus Gray. I don't think it would be worth it for Honda to make an interior color available on only one exterior. I think they will include it on either at least two, or none. You can see Bali Blue and Sterling Gray on the Pilot's page.
  • jumping2jumping2 Member Posts: 1
    Will the 2009 Odyssey Touring come in Dark Cherry Pearl? I've seen that color in print ads but not on the options page. The 08 has that color on the lower models only.
    That's weird, especially since they have a picture of a 2008 Cherry Pearl Touring on the website. It says Touring on the back and has the chrome garnish on the tailgate. I know its the 2008 because it has the new lights. The only thing is that there are no parking sensors.

Its the third one from the bottom in the right column.

Cherry Pearl Touring
  • lcl2lcl2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi. How do you know these are the 2009 colors? We are desperately trying to decide whether to buy a 2008 or 2009 odyssey or toyota sienna.....but haven't been able to confirm the 2009 colors yet. We are not crazy about any of the 2008 colors.

Are you sure about the BALI BLUE? The 2008 Odyssey currently comes in the Baltic blue, and just wondered if it was a typo?

Do you know what the Toyota Sienna 2009 colors will be? We have called around to different dealers, but nobody seems to be saying anything, even though they will be out by early September!

If you know anything, please email me back asap! Thank you!
  • scottinkyscottinky Member Posts: 194
    I hope things don't get too drastic since there is only so much that can be
    done with tbe "basic" functional styling of a van. Given the Pilot, Ridgeline
    and now Acura TL re-dos, I am afraid to see what Honda will come up with.
    This is actually from the Honda Interactive network for dealers. Someone leaked the info. The 09 Sienna I can't comment from that. Probably not too many changes on the 09 Sienna. Both are great vans.
    I can confirm that Bali Blue and Baltic Blue are two different colors. The 2008 Odyssey is available in Baltic Blue and the 2009 Pilot is available in Bali Blue. You can also see some of the new Odyssey colors on the Pilot page, like Sterling Grey.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Pilot has the Bali Blue Pearl color

http://www.carsdirect.com/honda/pilot/colors
  • merlingpmerlingp Member Posts: 1
    I would like to know if anyone has heard if the all models of the 2009 Odyssey will have the variable cylinder management feature that is only available on the EX-L and Touring for 2008? All of the 09 pilots have this feature and the 09 Accord V-6 also.
  • lcl2lcl2 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your reply! I very much appreciate it! If you DO hear what the Toyota colors will be for 2009, or if anyone else out there has heard something, please let me know. Thanks again!
  • martha627martha627 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen Baltic Blue and Bali Blue side by side to be able to compare and describe the difference (if any0 of these two colors?
    LX
    EX
    EXL (PTG)
    EXL (RES PTG)
    EXL (NV RES PTG)
    EXL-T
    EXL-T (PAX)

So there may be a pax free Touring. T is touring. PTG is power tailgate. The EX-L will finally get the power tailgate. Hope this helps.
    More hp for VCM equipped models. Bluetooth is now available on EX-L's with NAV and RES. Again you get the power tailgate on EX-L's and the usual color changes.
    If this is true and the Power Tailgate is coming to all leather equipped Odyssey's, what will be the real upgrade to the Touring? It looks to me like Honda is slowly trying to merge the two trim levels. I know that there are still a few nice things that the Touring has, but to me that is a very exclusive loss to the Touring. Every year there are more and more Touring features being stripped away and added to other models. (Tri-Zone Climate, Leather Steering Wheel, Leather Shift Knob, Power Tailgate, BlueTooth, Rearview Camera, Tire Pressure Monitoring)
    TPMS is a feature that all new cars must have.

Touring has larger wheels, better stereo, and other features.
    Yes all cars are supposed to have them, but Honda added them several years before they had to.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    The Honda website lets you configure the 2009 EX-L with bluetooth but without Navi. I wonder if that is a mistake.
    There is an accessory bluetooth model for non navi models. Doesn't mute the stereo but it works.
  • fxguyfxguy Member Posts: 132
    So i assume it also does not display the called ID anywhere within the cars dashboard?
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Has Honda realized it was a mistake to call the top of the line Odyssey a "Touring"?

The "Touring" is just a mid-level model of the Chrysler Town & Country. :shades:
  • usairusair Member Posts: 23
    all of them do. but VCM is nothing great. I have it in my 07 ody. Hardly makes a difference. I would not spend just for that,
    I just got my first up close look at a 2009 Odyssey and what is the deal with the moonroof button. I know this might sound as being too nit picky, but they now have added extra plastic borders around the button, which to me, makes it harder to use. I have driven my 06 Odyssey for over 50,000 miles and never saw a need for this and its ugly. I know it is hard to explain, but the buttons no longer look like they go together. Out of all of the negative changes I have counted on the van over the years (and there are several) that has got to be one of the worst. If you have never seen a non 09 odyssey, you probably wouldn't know the difference, but if you have seen both and see a benefit, I'd love to hear it.
  • roccop2roccop2 Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2009 Odyssey with both Navigation and a Rear Entertainment System. Does anyone know if Honda or a 3rd party sells an iPod adapter that works with this configuration. (I've seen some listed but they all say they do not work with the Rear Entertainment System)

Any information would be appreciated.

--Rocco--
  • erick830erick830 Member Posts: 16
    i googled 2010 honda odyssey and it showed pics. it looks more like a car than a minivan. i don't really like it
  • ibuyufoibuyufo Member Posts: 6
    That's for the Japanese Odyssey.
    I know this might sound as being too nit picky, but they now have added extra plastic borders around the button, which to me, makes it harder to use.

Perhaps there were people who DID find it too easy to use, and accidentally opened the roof when trying to engage some of the buttons nearby that are the same shape/size. Therefore, designing that feature's button to be more obviously different would make more people take notice of which button they were pressing, especially if not giving it too much attention when they press it. That'd be logical to me.

Ever had your roof opened accidentally during a rainstorm? If not, I'm willing to bet due to the button's placement and similarity, someone has. :shades:
    As a previous poster replied, that will be the Japanese-Market Odyssey, which is much smaller and more carlike (like our 1995-1998 Odyssey was).

The current Odyssey design isn't due for a replacement until 2011.
  • dsrtrat2dsrtrat2 Member Posts: 223
    One of our kids wants to wait a year for the new model Toyota and Honda. What background info do you have that it will be 2011?
    The 2nd generation Odyssey, (the first one with sliding doors) was released in 1999, then the 3rd generation (this current one) came out in 2005. This indicates that each odyssey model is around for 6 years. Furthermore, within the six years, years 4,5,6 are slightly altered from years 1,2,3. This coincides with the 2008 face lift. The 2008 face lift will be offered for 2008, 2009, and 2010, until the entire car is redone. The model released in 2005 also fits this scenario since it was also available for the years, 2005, 2006, and 2007. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
  • salesdollsalesdoll Member Posts: 5
    So I'm about to pull the trigger on an 09 Odyssey lease and need some advice. Is the EXL (without NAV, without DVD) worth the extra $$$ over the EX?

EXL has the backup camera, leather seats, heated front row seats, moonroof, VCM and the power liftgate. As with the EXL, the EX has the dual power doors which is really important to me (that's why I'm not cosidering the LX at all). I have one child and will probably be adding another in due time. I am short and am wondering if get the EX, will I be cursing myself that I didn't the EXL with the power liftgate? The camera seems nice but you still have to turn around and look behind you when backing up. And of course, heated leather is nice on your rear end, but not essential, although the "wipability" factor with kids needs consideration. Anyway, please help! EX or EXL? Thanks so much!!!
  • jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    I'd get the EX-L; all those little convenience features seem trivial now, but on a cold morning you'll really appreciate heated seats, on a rainy day you'll like the power tailgate, and the leather will be really useful when it comes to wiping up spills and such.
  • scottyg1234scottyg1234 Member Posts: 25
    We just got the EX-L without NAV and without DVD. My wife is 4'10" and her main requirement was the power liftgate. It is definately worth the extra $$. :)
  • samoshieldssamoshields Member Posts: 3
    I have been given a price on the Honda Odyssey that has leather interior and DVD. I paid for the bottom line price from consumer reports and it said the price I should pay is 29,115. This is the price the dealer agreed to. Has anyone found a better deal if so please email me with the info. Thank you.
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    Would you happen to know the Consumer Reports price for EXL Res/Nav? Is this the price which you have to pay for the information from Consumer Reports, or is there another way to obtain it?
  • samoshieldssamoshields Member Posts: 3
    No I do not know the price for the Nav. included. Yes this is the price through consumer report that you have to pay $14 for. It is worth because all you have to do is show the dealer the report and you will get you vehcile for the bottom line price almost every time.
  • notoynotoy Member Posts: 1
    I know that on some vehicled, the TPMS sensors in the wheel are married to the wheel position on the vehicle including the spare. On my EX-L there is a general system and my question is this....Can I rotate the tires without taking it to the dealership to have the sensors re-programmed like you have to do on many Toyota's. :confuse:
  • tonyl1tonyl1 Member Posts: 53
    Thanks for the info.
  • dewnay67dewnay67 Member Posts: 4
    You can get a better price now. I was offered EXL+RES for 28,455. No destination charge, just tax and DMV ($207). Keep shopping! good luck~
  • bcpagebcpage Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone know if the front floor mat is suppose to have "Odyssey" embroidered on it? I just bought a 2009 EX-L RES and the front floor mat does not, but pics I have seen show the front floor mat with Odyssey on it.